Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 2/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.9bc1ab52b96297485a8994e243ba1b7e.jpg

Trade Deadline Snooze!!

When thinking about the trade deadline, I like to think about who is going to be traded where, who is going to load up for a play-off push and who is now content in tanking for a better draft position. What wait a second no one tanks; right? Well, this trade deadline seen only two teams buying really and not a lot of action on the trade front. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Vancouver Management pulled the trigger on two trades at this year’s deadline; What did you think about the trades and do they improve the teams chance in the play-offs?

If was a little bit surprising to see us give up a first (although we did get one back) for the trade for Tater. While Tater is a good depth pickup, I think the price to pay was high, even if it does end up being a late 1st.

2. Seattle loaded up with two-star forwards in Vasile Lamb & Tavish DeGroot in two different trades; Do you think this makes them a better team and improves their chances at making the play-offs?

It definitely makes them a better team as those are 2 solid players but I don't think its enough to beat us in the playoffs ;)

3. If you could complete a single trade for any team (NHL, VHL, VHLE, VHLM)  what would that trade look like? Why?

I am always a fan of moving veterans for picks or younger players. You could get a nice haul for teams looking to pick up playoff rentals

4. With all the trades in the NHL taking place around the same time as the VHL trade deadline has it made it more exciting or distracting following the two leagues? Did the NHL trades over shadow the VHL trades?

I only really follow the teams that I actually follow so it is not distracting. Both my VHL and NHL teams made some moves so it made it interesting to see how it will all work out

5. In the locker room the other day a bunch of the players were talking about their career high in stats this season. Have you set career highs this season and in what stats? Did this surprise you or was this expected?

Yes I have set career highs in assists and points so far and will also set career high of goals in the next few games. It was definitely expected but I still feel like I am underperforming so far

6. Most season are filled with ups and downs; while Vancouver this season has seen more ups and seem to be just waiting for the play-offs. What do you prefer a dominating season where you are just in wait mode or would you like to battle more to just make the play-offs? Why?

I prefer a dominating season as it gives us more time to prepare for playoffs and be more fresh. If you are battling it out just to make the playoffs, your player becomes more mentally and physically exhausted from the pressure.

Also Welcome to the team Tater Tottingham @Trunkxolotl;

I had a question based around your player but forgot to add it this week!!

4 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

It was definitely expected but I still feel like I am underperforming so far

I would be proud of these stats and try not to feel as you are underperforming as five of the six forwards in Vancouver have over 60pts. That is five of the top 30 players in the league is scoring.

1. Well we needed one more defender, so we can make 2 pairs. hope that will hel us.
2. Differences are small, so i think they can.
3. Hmm hard to tell, sometimes you dont need a stacked team, just one that have chemistry.
4. Tbh i follow more the NHL trades. In VHL just Vancouver ones.
5. I didnt, but i am already hitting them this season. So all going well
6. Last season we battled, and won it, so its hard to tell. lets see it from other perspective this season.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Vancouver Management pulled the trigger on two trades at this year’s deadline; What did you think about the trades and do they improve the teams chance in the play-offs?

2. Seattle loaded up with two-star forwards in Vasile Lamb & Tavish DeGroot in two different trades; Do you think this makes them a better team and improves their chances at making the play-offs?

3. If you could complete a single trade for any team (NHL, VHL, VHLE, VHLM)  what would that trade look like? Why?

4. With all the trades in the NHL taking place around the same time as the VHL trade deadline has it made it more exciting or distracting following the two leagues? Did the NHL trades over shadow the VHL trades?

5. In the locker room the other day a bunch of the players were talking about their career high in stats this season. Have you set career highs this season and in what stats? Did this surprise you or was this expected?

6. Most season are filled with ups and downs; while Vancouver this season has seen more ups and seem to be just waiting for the play-offs. What do you prefer a dominating season where you are just in wait mode or would you like to battle more to just make the play-offs? Why?

1. Really happy to have Tater join us on defense. Bummed to see Reese go but hey that's the business for you.

2. Yes, they definitely have improved as a team on paper. Of course that's no guarantee of anything, but I'd be surprised if they miss out.

3. Oh man I don't know, I'd be a horrible GM haha. I'd probably just go with my NHL 06 strategy of of trading my way up from a 58 overall up to Lemieux red paperclip style. Flames could use a trade, but I don't know what would save their season at this point.

4. The Horvat, Tarasenko, and O'Reilly trades have been exciting. Still a few big names to go. The also Bears made a pretty big splash as mentioned before.

5. Hopefully I'll continue to improve and increase my numbers next season.

6. I don't think our team is in wait mode at all. We are still playing with everything we've got. What this cushion does is give us the opportunity to try some new things without fear of losing a game here and there if something we try doesn't work out.

On 2/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.9bc1ab52b96297485a8994e243ba1b7e.jpg

Trade Deadline Snooze!!

When thinking about the trade deadline, I like to think about who is going to be traded where, who is going to load up for a play-off push and who is now content in tanking for a better draft position. What wait a second no one tanks; right? Well, this trade deadline seen only two teams buying really and not a lot of action on the trade front. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Also Welcome to the team Tater Tottingham @Trunkxolotl;

I had a question based around your player but forgot to add it this week!!

1. I’m a big fan of both trades. Our front office hasn’t failed us yet and I have full faith in them. 

2. Absolutely. That’s a heck of a duo up top!

3. I’d trade any of our starters for 15 first round picks and not a penny less. That’s how good our players are!

4. I’m not sure I see much overshadowing, but it does add a cool element. 

5. I haven’t checked officially, but I bet I’ve set a career high in hits taken. Anything to help the team win!

6. I want to utterly dominate every game we play. 

i really like Tater @Trunkxolotl as a player and member, he'll definitely help us this season. But has big upside going forward as well. Moving @Spaz was just doing right by the player once we knew we were acquiring Tater.

2. Seattle loaded up with two-star forwards in Vasile Lamb & Tavish DeGroot in two different trades; Do you think this makes them a better team and improves their chances at making the play-offs?

They'll be a tough out and they may be our first match up.

3. If you could complete a single trade for any team (NHL, VHL, VHLE, VHLM)  what would that trade look like? Why?

i'd like to see a VHL tean trade the 1st overall pick again. Hasn't happened in a long time.

i think it adds more intrigue and motivation. Which us probably why we saw a few more trades this deadline.

As GM of Vancouver we've set a career high in wins in a season, so that's nice. The team is deep and we are getting timely scoring and good defense from every single player.

6. Most season are filled with ups and downs; while Vancouver this season has seen more ups and seem to be just waiting for the play-offs. What do you prefer a dominating season where you are just in wait mode or would you like to battle more to just make the play-offs? Why?

Hopefully we've saved something fir the playoffs. I think both are great but coasting to the playoffs is much more relaxing. 

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.1501fc608907285c56075bcc00ada5e2.jpg

Final Count down

The season end is just around the corner with five games remaining in the regular season so today we are going to look at the play-off picture and maybe a few other things but who knows at this point. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Vancouver Wolves are officially Victory Cup champions with five games remaining in the season, did winning the Victory Cup surprise you? Why or Why not?

2. At this time, it looks like Seattle Bears and the Chicago Phoenix are going to play in the North American Conference wildcard with the winner playing (us) Vancouver in the first round. Who would you like to meet in the first round? Why?

3. Calgary Wranglers and the LA Stars will play the other series. Who do you think wins the series? Why?

4. European Conference is a mess with five of the eight teams fighting for the play-offs & Wildcard spots. Who do you think makes the play-offs between Malmo, London, Warsaw, Prague and Riga?

5. Talking about the European Conference Play-off race; (We) Vancouver Wolves actually has complete control of one of the teams fate; Warsaw Predators as we play them three times in five remaining games. How do you think we are going to play them considering we have nothing to play for other than getting ready for the play-offs? Are we going to wreck them and destroy their play-off hopes or are we going easy and doing them a favor?

6. This week lets try a fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will repeat as Continental Cup Champions if __________________________.

Want to finish by saying Great season Vancouver Wolves with a ton of personal best. Play-off are going to be tough but I Believe we can repeat so lets rest up and give them hell!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

10 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Final Count down

The season end is just around the corner with five games remaining in the regular season so today we are going to look at the play-off picture and maybe a few other things but who knows at this point. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Vancouver Wolves are officially Victory Cup champions with five games remaining in the season, did winning the Victory Cup surprise you? Why or Why not?

2. At this time, it looks like Seattle Bears and the Chicago Phoenix are going to play in the North American Conference wildcard with the winner playing (us) Vancouver in the first round. Who would you like to meet in the first round? Why?

3. Calgary Wranglers and the LA Stars will play the other series. Who do you think wins the series? Why?

4. European Conference is a mess with five of the eight teams fighting for the play-offs & Wildcard spots. Who do you think makes the play-offs between Malmo, London, Warsaw, Prague and Riga?

5. Talking about the European Conference Play-off race; (We) Vancouver Wolves actually has complete control of one of the teams fate; Warsaw Predators as we play them three times in five remaining games. How do you think we are going to play them considering we have nothing to play for other than getting ready for the play-offs? Are we going to wreck them and destroy their play-off hopes or are we going easy and doing them a favor?

Vancouver Wolves will repeat as Continental Cup Champions if __________________________.

Want to finish by saying Great season Vancouver Wolves with a ton of personal best. Play-off are going to be tough but I Believe we can repeat so lets rest up and give them hell!!

1. A little bit. There were some questions about how will Nezuko replace Leduc's production, and how will the team perform with two rookies. But the way especially Nezuko, Bouchard and Fuhr stepped up really put the doubts to rest.

2. Personally, Chicago. How cool would it be in my first ever VHL playoff series to go against Bo Johansson, my first ever mentor's player?

3. Daniel Janser has the ability to singlehandedly will his team to win, my money is on Calgary.

4. That's tough to say. I want to say Prague because of the recency bias and last season's playoffs.

5. When we step on the ice, we play to win. No matter what the stakes are. Sorry Preds!

6. Vancouver Wolves will repeat as Continental Cup Champions if they win every playoff series. Duh. No, seriously, if everyone continues to play the same way they have so far.

20 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Final Count down

1. Saying it surprised me is an understatement considering a few weeks ago I was on the opposite side of the standings.

2. Seattle! They seem a little worse defensively and we have a lot of firepower that should make it an easier match up. Then again, how things should go is rarely how they do go.

3. Hard to say. LA is currently on a nice little win streak, so my gut would say to go with the hot hand. Either way I think it would be a hard fought series.

4. Honestly I gotta go with my heart here. I hope Riga makes it solely for the fact that they have Tucker as their back-up. Him and I came up through the minors together.... and so did his father and my cousin. It was weird.

5. Warsaw, to use a baseball term, seems like a tough out. I don't think their playoff hopes are in our hands, they are in complete control of how that goes.

6. The temptation to go with the 'Real Gud Pro™' answer of 'Get pucks deep' is strong. But I guess it really comes down to if "our guys step up at the right time, cover each others mistakes, and play as a team."

1. I didnt expect that tbh, but i am glad we have another trophy, now just win the play-offs too :)
2. Seattle, we had better games with them than Chicago.
3. Both have good teams, my guess is 4:3 and Calgary as winner.
4. Malmo, Warsaw, Prague, even that Prague will have to win both games they have remaining, London and RIga have 3 left.
5. No favors, if they are good, they can make it. but i hope we can continue winning and end the regular season with wins.
6. If we keep winning and have a bring the good form from regular season.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:28 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Final Count down

It actually did this season, I thought we were going to take a slight step back with some of the off-season moves but I was wrong. We became a much better team! Hard work paid off for our core players and great team building by our GM and AGM

Doesn't matter to me who we go up against, we will be ready to take on anyone and repeat as champs

Calgary for sure, they are a very strong team and I don't see them losing the series to LA.

I haven't been following the European conference this season so it doesn't matter to me who makes it or not. I will be more interested to see who will make it to the finals to play us!

I don't think the Wolves ever take it easy on their opponents so expect us to be playing at 100%. Few players are hitting personal bests and I know they will want to raise those numbers even higher over the last few games

If we continue playing like we have all season and if we don't underestimate our opponents

On 2/27/2023 at 9:28 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. We've been a very strong team right out the gate so I always knew this was a possibility. Doing it with 5 games left makes it even better.

2. It would be fun to run into my Rome teammate Left Alone in the playoffs so I'm sort of rooting for Seattle.

3. They are both arguably top 3 teams in the league. I could see this series going either way, but I think Calgary will come out on top.

4. Tough to count Prague out as they gave the guys a fight in the finals last year, but like you said it's been an interesting season where anything can happen.

5. We always give 100%, they might be in trouble.

6. Vancouver Wolves will repeat as Continental Cup Champions if we keep playing our game. As long as we focus on that, I think we will win.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:28 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Final Count down

1. I wasn't that surprised. I knew we had a really strong roster this year.

2. I truly don't have a preference, we just have to stay focused!

3. My money is on Calgary. Just a gut feeling.

4. Not really fair for me to answer this late in the week, but I was a little surprised by how things turned out!

5. I want to win every game we play, no matter what.

6. We play our brand of hockey!

A little bit. Thought the NA would be a bit closer then what it was. Van, Cgy and La ended up being too strong over the duration of the regular season. 

Neither. Unfortunately we'll have to beat one to move on. It won't be easy. If anyone knows about being a contender coming out of the wild card it's us.

I think Calgary comes out on top. Usually the top players shine in the playoffs. The three headed monster in Calgary can't be matched by LA.

I always reply to these late but I was thinking Riga and Warsaw would miss. I was wrong on both with Riga making the 1st round as well.

It ended up being a tight match up. Fuhr had a bit if a let down in the final game after celebrating too hard iver his Clegane trophy win.

Vancouver Wolves will repeat as Continental Cup Champions if our penalty kill improves and we get a continuation of our offense and goaltending from the regular season.

4 hours ago, Frank said:

If anyone knows about being a contender coming out of the wild card it's us.

Well said and also a good pause moment for the team so that we don`t take Seattle lightly!!

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.6114c6fb5c4d5f6c6f41922e1ab2a039.jpg

Wildcard round  (Joker round!?!?)

Here we are at the end of the first round or play in round of the play-offs called this weird and wonderful think about cards; not sure that it is a joker card or not but it should be called this instead of the Wild as it doesn`t really live up to that name. Joker sounds better; right?

Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.Seattle Bears & Chicago Phoenix went the distance with Seattle winning in Wildcard (Joker) series in over-time in the fifth game. Did this surprise you and what do you think of our chance against Seattle Bears in the first round?

2. Riga Reign in my books upset the Warsaw Predators in the other Wildcard (Joker) series. Did you expect Riga to upset Warsaw in the wildcard and do you give them any chance against Moscow Menace in the first round?

3. What do you call a bear without an ear?

4. What do you call a bear caught in the rain?

5. Why are Teddy bears never hungry?

6. Oh, did you know that the other leagues are also playing in the play-offs at the same time as the VHL? This surprised me as our prospect Oreo McFleury is also in the first round with Oslo Storm currently down 0-2 to Stockholm Vikings; Can the Oreo McFleury and the storm make a blizzard out of the Viking to get back into the series? Why or why not?

Yes, I know the first two games have been played;

Teddy Bear Dog GIF

And no I don`t want to talk about it until after we come back and win the series!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

7 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Here we are at the end of the first round or play in round of the play-offs called this weird and wonderful think about cards; not sure that it is a joker card or not but it should be called this instead of the Wild as it doesn`t really live up to that name. Joker sounds better; right?

Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.Seattle Bears & Chicago Phoenix went the distance with Seattle winning in Wildcard (Joker) series in over-time in the fifth game. Did this surprise you and what do you think of our chance against Seattle Bears in the first round?

2. Riga Reign in my books upset the Warsaw Predators in the other Wildcard (Joker) series. Did you expect Riga to upset Warsaw in the wildcard and do you give them any chance against Moscow Menace in the first round?

6. Oh, did you know that the other leagues are also playing in the play-offs at the same time as the VHL? This surprised me as our prospect Oreo McFleury is also in the first round with Oslo Storm currently down 0-2 to Stockholm Vikings; Can the Oreo McFleury and the storm make a blizzard out of the Viking to get back into the series? Why or why not?

Teddy Bear Dog GIF

And no I don`t want to talk about it until after we come back and win the series!!

1. I expected Chicago to win this for sure. But I guess I've underestimated how strong the Bears have been since the deadline.

2. I didn't really follow that series to be honest. Stuff happens. Moscow is a powerhouse on the other side of the pond, I expect to meet them in the finals. Sorry Riga!

3. A B? Or a bee? That's the first thing to come to my mind.

4. I have no idea about this one. I've googled it and lolll this one is a knee-slapper!

5. They're always full of stuffing! Can't wait for Easter stuffing by the way, I might miss some games during Easter.

6. My first thought is I hope not, because we lost to the Joker Card Storm last year in the finals with Gladiators, but I guess it would be great for Oreo. Go Storm!

8 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Teddy Bear Dog GIF

1. I'm honestly very surprised Seattle made it out. Chicago and them had similar points in the standings but Seattle had a much worse goal differential. Though considering how they've played us the first two games, I'm guessing that they made some adjustments and found something that works for them, and the GD didn't have a chance to adjust.

2. I mean, I picked Riga to win in fantasy, so yes. I believe in the power of Mr Henry Tucker. I mean, I have to. He learned how to goalie from me! Moscow seems strong though, but I believe in Tucker to carry.

3. It's a Bee. Cause Bear-ear= B. It's clever. Kind of.

4. A drizzly bear! Get it? Like grizzly.. but rain? Rain is sometimes called a Drizzle? Fo shizzle? Ha...ha.... ha

5. Because it's stuffed! Like both literally with... I don't know what bears are stuffed with. Imitation cotton? Either way, I was promised riddles and instead I get jokes. Rude

6. I figured they would be playing as well. As for Oslo vs the Vikings, I have a soft spot for both teams so it's kind of hard to pick. I'm cheering for the series to go the full length, because I think that'd be the most exciting. But its hard not to cheer for someone called Oreo

1. Didnt surprised me, surprise is we are down 3-1 with them.
2. I didnt expected they surprise Warsaw, so i am curious about the games vs. Moscow, it will be a harder nut to crack
3. A... B?
4. I have no idea about this one. wet bear - wear? :D
5. hmm, because its stuffed?
6. I know, and there is alwasy a chance to win the series.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:10 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Well writing this after our series so we all know the outcome of that....I call shenanigans on the Seattle wins, need some PED testing!

To be honest haven't been following European conference playoffs, was only focusing on the Wolves and our conference. Seems like lots of upsets in this years playoffs

Bee as im assuming we remove the ear from bear which leaves us with the letter B but I could be totally wrong

one wet bear but not sure on the riddle answer and im doing this at work so don't have the full time to look up the answer yet :P 

I would assume because they are always stuffed? Only thing I can come up with

As mentioned earlier I don't follow other leagues unless I am in them but I do hope Oreo can pull it out as it's always nice to see prospects doing well

Teddy Bear Dog GIF

On 3/7/2023 at 1:10 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Teddy Bear Dog GIF

1. Sadly, I do NOT like our chances against Seattle in the first round.  I have a bad feeling...

2. I did not expect them to pull off the upset.  That was a huge shock around the league.

3. a B!  Or maybe we're going with "bee" to keep it in the animal kingdom.

4. I know this one!  A DRIZZLY BEAR!!!

5. Because they're stuffed?

6. I think McFleury will do everything in their power to advance.  Fingers crossed!

I think Simon screwed us. Fuhr is twice the goalie Wilson is. Bears just have great sim luck.

I did not expect it. But they did and they got swept by Davos.

B. Please tell me this is correct I'm 4 whiskies deep, really helps me get through these weekly tasks once we've been eliminated.

Wet ass bear. Fuck the bears like seriously despise that franchise.

Because they're stuffed animals and this isn't toy story. Although cone to think of it did any toy in those movies actually eat anything?

6. Oh, did you know that the other leagues are also playing in the play-offs at the same time as the VHL? This surprised me as our prospect Oreo McFleury is also in the first round with Oslo Storm currently down 0-2 to Stockholm Vikings; Can the Oreo McFleury and the storm make a blizzard out of the Viking to get back into the series? Why or why not?

McFleury is currently leading his finals series 1-0. Go Oslo without jinxing @JB123 too much.

7 hours ago, Frank said:

B. Please tell me this is correct I'm 4 whiskies deep, really helps me get through these weekly tasks once we've been eliminated.

Yes, This correct!!

4. Drizzly Bear

5. Because they are stuffed!!

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.58354e664a2feea383189bb7e1509feb.jpg

The Drum Beats On!!

Well, that was a very quick play-offs after an above average season for this lovely bunch of Wolves. Well, I guess you win some and you lose some as we have to remember we were Wildcard team last season when we won and lets be fair the Bears were stacked after the trade deadline. Now positive, positive we have next season and the draft to look forward towards. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. So, the Seattle Bears eliminated the Vancouver Wolves in five games; did this surprise you? Why or why not?

2. Seattle Bears now face the Calgary Wranglers; are you interested in the series and do you think the Bears can win the series?

3. No one called me out on my error last week except the GM indirectly in the fact that Riga wasn`t going to play Moscow Menace since Moscow actually finished second in Europe. So in the future will you call me out for such mistakes or let them slide since we are all human?

4. Olso Storm came back against the Stockholm Vikings and currently are one game up in the VHLE finials; are we watching and cheering for Oreo McFleury or are we more focused on getting ready for next season and our golf game?

5. Vancouver Wolves announced their season awards last night; did any of the award winners surprise you? Why or why not?

6. And last question, do you think any Vancouver Wolves players have any chance at any of the League Awards this season? Who and what award(s)?

Almost everyone managed to land the Bears jokes/riddles;

Animation Simpsons GIF

at least we did something right dealing with Bears!!

1. Yes it was a surprise, i thought it will be a closer series. We needed more luck, or at least score more from all these chances.
2. Bears sure had a chance, but Calgary showed their strength in this one.
3. Ofc we are all humans, we make mistakes, in sport and life too.
4. we are cheering and exccited to welcome him in a new seaason.
5. hmm some yes some not, glad Puk wasnt the one with least minutes played this time, even that he was still kinda behind.
6. Fuhr have a chance to win one of the awards.