HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

2: DO you believe that Davos will succeed in the Playoffs this season?
I wouldn't be here if I didn't, right? Seriously though, I think the playoffs are a crapshoot a lot of the time, and Davos has just as good a chance as anyone.

3: Which is your favorite non-NHL team?

I grew up going to some Philadelphia Phantoms games, so even though they're in Lehigh now, I still have a soft spot.

4: Are you surprised PK Subban didn’t get a contract?

I think you overestimate how closely I pay attention to the NHL, if I'm being honest. But he's a big name, and I imagine someone would want the marketing there.

5: If you had to put all your TPE into a single stat, which one would you put it towards?

Size. Just make me a giant goalie with no other discernable skills and I think it would still be fun.

6: I don’t know if I asked this yet. But what is your player's Jersey Number?

80. Add another zero on the end and it kind of looks like Boo, right?

8: Which video game do you think you dedicated the most time to?
I've played so much Smash Bros in my life. Honestly you could just take the time period I was in college, and it still might be the pick.

1: With the NHL season starting, which team do you think did best during the off-season? (New Signings, trading, and whatnot)
 Ottawa. They had one hell of a offseason. But I think they will still have problems defensively.
 Yes, of course. Never in doubt.
 Tappara. My favorite Finnish team.
 David Jokinen wears 59. I hope I haven't used it on past players :D
7: What was the most recent movie you watched?
 Bullet Train. I had a blast watching it. Would recommend, it's a fun movie.
9: Who gets Connor Bedard?

Habs! Or so I dream and wish and hope.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, Masu Chan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Of October 10th 2022 - October 16th 2022

1: With the NHL season starting, which team do you think did best during the off-season? (New Signings, trading, and whatnot)

5: If you had to put all your TPE into a single stat, which one would you put it towards?

2. I think we've got a real shot to win at least a series or two. The G upgrade is a real trump card.

3. The Steelers. I mean... David.

4. He might just not have gotten one good enough to stay out of retirement.

5. Defense

6. 17

7. A documentary about cats.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, Masu Chan said:

Week Of October 10th 2022 - October 16th 2022

2. We will succeed in the playoffs 

4. Not really I didn’t really see he retired until the next day because everything I saw was about Chara

5. scoring because goals are fun

6. My jersey number is 23

7. Top Gun I watched both back to back 

8. NHL 22 probably is what I spent the most time on

9. Arizona and they waste him like everyone else

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 10 questions

Week Of October 17th 2022 - October 23rd 2022

1: Davos made it past the Wildcard round in a very close series, do you think that win will somehow give us an advantage going into round one?

2: Which player on Davos will have the most points on the team by the end of our playoff run?

3: Is the NHL preseason too long?

4: What do you think about Jersey sponsors in the NHL?

5: Hypothetically you’re a GM and you have to draft either Ovechkin or Crosby back in the day, which one do you choose?

6: It’s early season, but which player in the NHL has surprised you most to start this season?

7: Who is your favorite prospect in the NHL?

8: Do you like it when people do their own covers of famous songs? If so, what is your favorite cover?

9: What was the most recent movie trailer you have seen that genuinely sparked your interest? (For fun this question can count towards Shows, Anime, or any other media)

10: If you are a wrestling fan, what do you think of Bray Wyatt’s return to WWE?

Super sorry I got too focused on the questions I forgot to ping everyone. The questions are right above this post so just scroll up a little bit :D LET'S GO DAVOS!

1: Davos made it past the Wildcard round in a very close series, do you think that win will somehow give us an advantage going into round one?
 If we can keep the momentum going, yes.
2: Which player on Davos will have the most points on the team by the end of our playoff run?
 Johnston. He'll tear it up.
 No, I don't think so, despite the fact I'm always waiting for the real games to start.
 I don't like it. It opened the door for more ads on jerseys. Which is not good.
5: Hypothetically you’re a GM and you have to draft either Ovechkin or Crosby back in the day, which one do you choose?
 Crosby 100 times out of 100. He's a center, defensively solid and does not lack offensively either.
 Sebastian Cossa. He has all the tools to become one of the best goalies in the league.

2 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

6: It’s early season, but which player in the NHL has surprised you most to start this season?

8: Do you like it when people do their own covers of famous songs? If so, what is your favorite cover?

9: What was the most recent movie trailer you have seen that genuinely sparked your interest? (For fun this question can count towards Shows, Anime, or any other media)

10: If you are a wrestling fan, what do you think of Bray Wyatt’s return to WWE?

1. Maybe? I don't know how much it affects morale and how much morale affects the sim.

2. Jake Thunder.  Seems like that guy can't help but put up points. He may have a demon in his stick.

3. It feels too long to me, but I'm sure the guys trying to make teams appreciate it.

4. How many words for garbage can you think of.  All of those.

5. Trick question? Crosby.  Better two-way player, makes his teammates better, wins three cups (so far).

8. Yes, but only when famous people do it. 

Imagine doing the Rolling Stones better than the Rolling stones did!

Warsaw’s heads are so big right now, that win is going to blow them up.  Bring it bitches…

Pete Mitchell is on fire right now.  Keep an eye on him, but expect Alex to shine and come through to get the most points.

No, the season doesnt start soon enough!

Sad, so sad

Ovechkin.  

Absolutely no one.  All of my hockey is focused on VHL.

I cannot answer that because I do not even have an educated guess for you.

Los Tigres del Norte - Leyenda y Tradición

That’s easy!  I recently saw the trailer to the movie “Smile” and I went on Apple TV and pre-ordered it.

I used to be a big wrestling fan before WWE.  I havent seen any wrestling in a long time so I cannot even guess.  Is Wyatt a good guy?

I'm not sure about an advantage, but it definitely gives us confidence. Being able to pull out one series win lets us know that we can compete, even against a tough team like Warsaw.

You know what they say, Jake Thunder brings the Thunder. Is that what they say? Either way, I'm rolling with it.

I don't think so. Especially after a long offseason it's good to get ramped up and give new players a chance to prove themselves. Possibly frustrating for fans, but necessary.

It would be my preferred method, for sure. But it's also not my money. I get why owners tend towards greed and want more revenue streams - even if I call them greedy for doing it.

It's fine, as long as it's a completely different take and not just a different famous person singing the same song (aka Weezer's Africa). Johnny Cash's Hurt is the easy answer for this one, but for a good reason since it's so haunting. 

The J. Lo movie "Shotgun Wedding" had a pretty great trailer. If you haven't seen it, there's a twist near the middle that I don't want to spoil. I'm down to see it when it's streaming.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:33 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. Well we didn’t score and can’t win if you don’t score 

2. I think it was Alex but who knows answering after but to lazy to look it up

3. I think it’s fine where it is maybe only 5 games instead of 6

4. to me at least they are barely noticeable, I hate the ads that rotate in the boards though 

5. Crosby easy, he makes his teammates better and isn’t a total liability in the defensive zone 

6. Nick Foligno  he has more goals then Auston Matthews 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:33 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. I feel like we had a decent run, but it was a rough one, as Warsaw is very good and kind of slapped us a bit.

2. I was going to say Alex Johnston, because he has been a beast this entire season.

3. I think the NHL Pre-season is a bit too long, but what made no sense was when there was games being played during the regular season. Nashville and San Jose were playing in the regular season, while some pre-season games were still going on, was really confused.

4. If it raises revenue for the NHL, I don't really have a problem. As long as they aren't massive on the jersey it doesn't matter to me.

5. I would draft Crosby if I had the choice. As great of a player Ovechkin is, he's a pure goal scorer and I feel like building a team you need someone who can do it all.

6. Rasmus Dahlin. My man is 5 goals in 5 games and is looking elite already.

Week Of October 24th - October 30th 2022

1: Alex Johnston and David Tavau have announced they’ll be retiring this offseason. Do you have any final words for your teammates?

2: I know it’s early and we’re not entirely sure who’ll be brought to Davos this offseason but who do you think will lead Davos in points next season?

3: Moscow has made the VHL finals, who do you think joins them DC Dragons or Chicago Phoenix?

4: Sidney Crosby has 10 points in 5 games. How many points do you expect from him this season?

5: How many games will it take for Vancouver to get a win this season?

6: Should the NHL allow players to be more unique? Like make visor tints, colored laces, and jersey tucks more common?

7: What was your favorite trick-or-treat costume?

8: What is your favorite Scary Movie to watch during the season?

9: What is your favorite type of Cake?

2: I know it’s early and we’re not entirely sure who’ll be brought to Davos this offseason but who do you think will lead Davos in points next season?
 Time for Mason Jones to step up.
3: Moscow has made the VHL finals, who do you think joins them DC Dragons or Chicago Phoenix?
 Whoever has their goalie run hot, or hotter.
4: Sidney Crosby has 10 points in 5 games. How many points do you expect from him this season?
 What a start for Sid the Kid, but he'll eventually slow down and finish with 97 points.
 36 lol Nucks are in for a terrible season.
6: Should the NHL allow players to be more unique? Like make visor tints, colored laces, and jersey tucks more common?
 I think so, as long as it is in good faith so to speak. But no jersey tucks because that obstructs jersey numbers which is a no no IMO

There is this cake which I can't for the life of me remember but it's really amazing. I wouldnt know what to call it in english either

1 hour ago, Masu Chan said:

1: Alex Johnston and David Tavau have announced they’ll be retiring this offseason. Do you have any final words for your teammates?

3. I think it'll be Chicago. The power of the deep dish propels them on. (It was DC, wasn't it?)

4. Considering he's on pace for a 164 point season, anything less than 130 will be a serious disappointment.

5. Scientist are working around the clock to find that answers before it's too late. Current estimates are in the 50-60 range.

7. When I was in the second grade, I borrowed my mom's red wool coat and I put together a real solid Captain Hook. Either that, or the time I cut a coconut in half to be Arthur, King of the Britons.

8. I'm not really into scary movies. When I was in the second grade, I went to a birthday sleepover and they put on an R-rated slasher flick. It kinda set me against scary movies.

9. Have you ever heard of a crepe cake? It's a cake made by layering crepes with mousse in between, then icing on the outside. My wife doesn't like normal cage, so I commission one for her some years on her birthday. It's nice because we can't usually enjoy cake together.

Respect.  They deserve a parade.  They were the nucleus of the team and kept us close.  I miss them already.

Pete Mitchell and Napoleon Dynamite are going to lead the league.

Uhhh, I think I will go with Chicago

Lady Bing

All they have to do is play the Kraken.

Why?  Look what happens when that shit goes on…. Play the game.  

My son’s power ranger costume.

Its not a Halloween movie, but its more like a chick flick.  Hannibal Rising

Not much of a cake eater, but if I had to choose,  angel food cake.  Other than that, I like to listen to Cake.

I haven't been in Davos long, but I could feel the love as soon as I got here. The veterans on the team are a big reason behind that, and I thank them for welcoming me with open arms.

A rough one, but I'll say it's Pete Mitchell. He's due for a breakout season, and I think the offense as a whole will be much better next season.

I'll say it's DC. I've been hoping for them to win one dating back to my days on the team with Flowers, and it'd be nice to see them coalesce and pull through.

I had a Dale Earnhardt costume when I was really young that included the racing helmet and everything. I'm a redneck from way back, you can't touch me.

Nor much of a scary movie person, if I'm being honest. Hocus Pocus is about the most I go there, and I did watch the sequel yesterday so that's probably my answer.

I was that kid at parties growing up: ice cream cake. Ice cream is so much better anyway, and it's something different as a kid, so why not lean into it?

On 10/24/2022 at 7:39 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. Thanks for being great teammates and good luck in the future 

2. Jake Thunder will lead us in points

3. It was DC and then DC won because Moscow forgot what offense is 

4. I think he slows down and gets about 90 points this season 

5. if I remembered to do this at the beginning of the my answer would have been until they play Seattle, now Vancouver is on a winning streak

6. yes at the very least Visor tints and colored laces, as jersey tucks can make it hard to see the numbers sometimes 

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 9 questions
Week Of October 31st 2022 - November 6th 2022

1: It’s gonna be officially the offseason at some point this week. Philadelphia Reapers (VHLM) Oslo Storm (VHLE) & DC Dragons (VHL) All won their respective championships. Which one surprises you most?

2: If you were in the StarWars universe, which color of the lightsaber would you choose?

3: Which current NHL jersey would you get? (To make it interesting let’s say it can’t be your favorite teams)

4: Which current NHL star would you like to meet and why?

5: Do you like Halloween? Why?

6: Since it’s Spooky Season, which was the last form of media that scared you? (Songs, Movies, Shows, and so on)

7: Connor McDavid is on a 164 points pace. How many points do you expect from him this season?

8: Have you seen the fight between Zach Kassian & Arber Xhekaj? If yes, are you surprised by the result?

9: Is JAKE freaking OETTINGER legit?!

3: Which current NHL jersey would you get? (To make it interesting let’s say it can’t be your favorite teams)
 Detroit Red Wings some old jersey, not the current. Or Colorado's last seasons reverse retro jersey. That one is HOT.
 Puljujärvi. He's the Biisonikuningas!
 I don't. Couldn't care any less about it.
7: Connor McDavid is on a 164 points pace. How many points do you expect from him this season?
 130+ seems reasonable.
8: Have you seen the fight between Zach Kassian & Arber Xhekaj? If yes, are you surprised by the result?
 I did. Kinda surprised, but Xhekaj did his homework and impressed a lot of people.

I think so. He's continued where left off last playoffs.

8 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

1: It’s gonna be officially the offseason at some point this week. Philadelphia Reapers (VHLM) Oslo Storm (VHLE) & DC Dragons (VHL) All won their respective championships. Which one surprises you most?

2: If you were in the StarWars universe, which color of the lightsaber would you choose?

6: Since it’s Spooky Season, which was the last form of media that scared you? (Songs, Movies, Shows, and so on)

1. Oslo, by far. When I played there they were a trainwreck, I couldn't imagine them ever competing.

2. I always thought the silver ones looked really cool, though thinking about Corran Horn with an adult brain makes it a little less cool.

5. I'm kinda in the middle. I enjoy a lot of it, but I find putting up decorations annoying. Also, Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, so it's all Christmas after Halloween, and that's a bit much.

6. My wife had a fairly traumatic labor, so that scene in the first episode of the new Game of Thrones show really fucked with me.

7. At least 10, but probably more than 60. No shutouts.

8. Didn't watch it. TBH, I don't really like fighting in sports.

Philadelphia and DC.  Did not see that coming.

Deep blue that would turn into hot neon pink with every strike

If i cant have the Bruins or Sharks jersey i guess i will go with kraken

Taylor Hall so i could light a fire under his ass and tell him to keep scoring goals.

It has always been a good time for kids.  I dont particularly like to answer the door a hundred times though.

I think Annabelle Creation was the last movie

Unfortunately he’s going to get injured so he’s only going to get 87

Nope

of course, his name is Jake 

On 10/31/2022 at 1:00 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. I would say that the most surprising was the Philadelphia Reapers. Everyone expected the Aces, or Kings to win, but the Reapers came in clutch with a huge underdog run.

2. I would want a green lightsaber, because I think it would look the best. Then again, I don't know if I'd be a sith or jedi, but I feel like green suits me.

3. If I were to get a NHL jersey and it's not my favorite team, I would probably get a stars home jersey. I really like the color of green (look at last answer) and it looks good overall.

7. I expect him to have over 100 points, maybe around 120-130 points this season. McDavid is an absolute beast and probably the best player in the NHL right now.

8. Yes, that fight was an absolute banger. I think it's good for the young players to have their impact felt immediately, and for Arber Xhekaj it'll be huge for his career!

9. This guy is absolutely insane. I think he's putting up unrealistic numbers, and he'll fall down a bit, but he's still a great goalie that has emerged out of nowhere.

Edited by badcolethetitan

Probably the Dragons for me. I'm extremely happy for them, but as a member of the franchise's first finals team I thought they were cursed a bit. Glad to see that's not so.

I'm going to say purple. Not only Davos colors, but rather underutilized and I think the lighting off of it would be cool.

I tend towards the classic jerseys, and as a bandwagoner I tend to like the popular players more. So give me a Leafs Matthews jersey, and I'll wear it during Olympic hockey season to make people angry.

Off the radar: I want to meet Gritty, make him take a shot with me, then party it up all night.

I bought a house not too long ago, and it's fun being on the other side of the coin giving candy to kids. Just sit with a hot cider and rum, eat some chocolate - I'm good.

I probably do more horror with books or podcasts than anything else, honestly. But I did like Severance a lot too - scary in more of a thriller way, I suppose.

Philadelphia Reapers at 100%. There were almost not a playoffs team and still managed to win it all! I've been part of their season S84 and I didn't think they would do better without me :P

Each color have a signification, and from what I've read, it will be either Blue or Green. 

Marc-André Fleury. To learn about all the tricks, he did to his teammates, and he seems like a funny guy.

Yeah why not lol? I understand that people don't really like to dress in a costume, but me I like it. You also have a big party and eat candys. Nothing negative here.

Not that much, but surely close to 130 if not 140. Two points per game so far, dominant.

Yes, and I love every second of it. Finally, someone who can avenged Montembeault after the hit of last season.