So I tried to help out..

Guest Svoboda_3

Agreed, this is a tough time for a new member to join, and I think he is eager because he checks back every day.

I managed to stay engaged because I joined at a time where things were happening to my player and I had stuff to go on because I was on a team.

He could write a media spot about his player background, or even get started on a rookie profile or biography. Those things have more to do with just your player and their history other than what goes on in the league.

I also see why he may have trouble finding stuff to write about. While people can write about going off and saving giraffes or taking their trousers off at the VHL HQ, I like to write realistic articles and that made it tough to do when my player wasn't scoring and was only getting 8 minutes a night on my VHLM team. It's just the way I'm wired i suppose.

Also when dealing with recreates it can be tough to maintain motivation knowing that there is going to be people in my draft class, who I will forever be comnpared too, who have 200+ TPE than me. Maybe we could have something for first-gens like us to work towards (First-gen exclusive awards?). I managed to find motivation by wanting to simply become the best first-gen in my class because it will be tough to past the recreates. I do understand why they get that extra TPE, They have put their time in the league while I'm a noob.

I sense his frustration but it was handled poorly. I do hope he stays around because he seems to be a sim league enthusiast and once he gets more comfortable here and gets used to the way it's run, may become a valuable member.

That is all I suppose.

Also good luck with your team in RL Coach.

the max someone with carryover can have over you (assuming you join at the same time as the recreate retires his prior player) is 75 TPE.  and then that person doesn't get his/(her) first 3 PTs doubled, which should give you an advantage of 18.

so, all things considered, joining at the right time as a first gen sets you back 57 TPE (a small amount in the grand scheme) against someone with the best carryover. additionally, you will have an additional year in the VHLM to get achievement bonus, whereas the person with a full 75 of carryover probably won't be in the VHLM for two seasons; that's another couple points.

Me, TPE-wise (player success-wise, not so much)

should have included you i think. i forget most of it, but TPE started to get super inflated right around gerrard. player store was never TPE (that's a lot of fuckin' TPE).

started 4 games into the season off the waiver wire.. finished with 122 TPE as of right now.. havent done a fan or MS though.. probably should do that after studying for my apush test..

started 4 games into the season off the waiver wire.. finished with 122 TPE as of right now.. havent done a fan or MS though.. probably should do that after studying for my apush test..

forgive me if I'm wrong but I certainly think I may have read a media spot at one time. not definite though

What is this? 

A thread where we marvel at the overwhelming girth of Svboda's member.  By member I mean penis., fyi.

So when is someone going to PM me and help me with my struggles. 

WHO ALLOWED YOU OUT OF YOUR CAGE??

But yeah, I think the important bits of this thread have been covered.  This is more of a situation of bad timing and misunderstanding.  I didn't interpret any of Slobo's messages as being rude, so calling him a prick may have been pretty mean if it wasn't totally true.  He got menstruation blood on his cat for Christ sakes.

As for the gripe about re-creates having an unfair advantage, all I have to say is L-O-to the muthafuckin' L.  But to as not be a dick, understand that once upon a time, there was no carryover cap.  And players could get up to 15% of their old TPE back, instead of the 7 or 8% it's at now.  And noobs didn't have this newfangled "first three PTs are doubled" rule. Indeed, there was less TPE floating around up for grabs back then, but the 1st gen to re-create gap was way bigger than it is now.  That's the era my first player was borne.  Plus I was even more unfamiliar with the league than you are, so I was almost entirely inactive my pre-draft season.  Talk about a crippling and unfair disadvantage, right?  WRONG.  Wrong as fuck.  I just did my PTs and pushed on, and hoped that maybe I'd be a good utility player and win a few Cups.  Instead I forcefully shoved my dick in the league and became a Hall of Famer. 

Then everyone made the mistake of thinking I was a good guy and gave me all sorts of power and now I'm the Rob Ford of online sports simulation leagues.  How's that for a happy ending? :(

TL;DR:  In the long run, these advantages or disadvantages mean dick all, and player success just comes down to the effort you put in, choices you make for your player, and plain dumb luck.

The best way to get ahead in this league is being active, bottom line.  Being friendly also helps.  I'm not saying you're not friendly, just making a general point.  A head grader might not select someone if that person has always been a cock to them, etc.

I know that was just one of a list of things that bothered you, but it just stood out for me because I like taking opportunities to talk about how awesome I used to be. :P