Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1.) Your VHL player is going on a Christmas break. What is your player doing for the holidays?

I will go somewhere sunny and warm. I will relax and enjoy the beaches.

2.) What are YOUR plans for the holidays?

Not much. Taking it easy. Heading back to the old hometown for some days. Eating and resting.

3.) Despite having a contending roster over the last few seasons, what has been holding Calgary back from performing like one? 

Our fans. They are too demanding and at the same time too quiet. They show support the wrong way and that is by not showing enough of it.

4.) If someone were to make a player card for you, what render would you choose and why?

Erik Karlsson could be one. Any offensive Dman works really

5.) What is your favourite part about the holiday season?

Everything slows down, or I try to slow down at least.

6.) Choose a teammate, tag them

and give them a shoutout about why you appreciate them!

Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr sounds like a barbeque sauce tycoon. I like barbeque. Your player is a great player as well! @TacticalHammer

On 12/19/2021 at 10:21 PM, WranglersSuck said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS PRESS CONFERENCE WEEK ENDING 12/21

1.) Your VHL player is going on a Christmas break. What is your player doing for the holidays?

3.) Despite having a contending roster over the last few seasons, what has been holding Calgary back from performing like one? 
4.) If someone were to make a player card for you, what render would you choose and why?

1. Heading back to Vancouver to visit family! His family goes all out for Christmas and he is very excited!

2. Had dinner with sister and her hubby this past weekend, for Christmas weekend I am going to my girlfriends families Christmas.

3. The sim engine lol, but luck overall…. We definitely should do better and everyone in the wrangler organization deserves better! 

4. Hmmm I’ve always gone with toews cause I’ve had a million people in real life say I look like him including random strangers at Walmart but he also sucks at life sooo hmm I don’t know maybe JT Miller that would be a new one! 

5. Stuffing! And giving gifts!! I love getting loved ones gifts!!

6. @Phil is a Wrangler legend! Not only does he earn like a champ throughout his entire career but he puts out quality content that helps the league! Even better he’s a great leader in the locker rooms on discord! Fun, helpful, and just genuinely a nice guy! 

On 12/20/2021 at 1:21 AM, WranglersSuck said:

1. Take some time off with his family and train like a beast. 

2. enjoying the time  with my close family. 

3. I don’t see why really they don’t have @Daniel Janser yet maybe he is the missing piece. 

4. John Klingberg, Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar are my favorite defenseman in the league right now so one of them. 

5. I love to donate gift and see the reaction from the people that’s the best feeling. 

6. They are a bunch of teammates that deserve a shout out but @tinafrombobsburgers always cheerful. 

32 minutes ago, Grosgars said:

3. I don’t see why really they don’t have @Daniel Janser yet maybe he is the missing piece. 

4. John Klingberg, Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar are my favorite defenseman in the league right now so one of them. 

5. I love to donate gift and see the reaction from the people that’s the best feeling. 

6. They are a bunch of teammates that deserve a shout out but @tinafrombobsburgers always cheerful. 

Carl, John's brother, plays for my team in Switzerland

6 hours ago, Grosgars said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️🎅🏼❤️❤️❤️❤️

Celebrating Christmas of course

Celebrating Christmas

Idk feels like it's a hill that we have to overcome, once we do it we will be rolling

no idea lol

Celebrating Christmas

@Daniel Janser 

European cool dude

Q's for fun

1. Would you drop the gloves if your teammate got hit hard but cleanly? (They are not hurt, but the hit clearly took the wind out of them)

2. Do you celebrate every goal you score or shutout/win?

3. Should all the away games against specific teams be played in row to minimize traveling over the season? (For example, all five away games in Riga would be played in row.)

4.  If you could decide your own goal horn, what song or sound would you use?

5.  What is the most important attribute or skill for a goalie? What makes goalie an annoying one to play against?

6. 3v3 overtimes, fine as it is, or should it be 2v2?

25 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Q's for fun

1. Would you drop the gloves if your teammate got hit hard but cleanly? (They are not hurt, but the hit clearly took the wind out of them)

3. Should all the away games against specific teams be played in row to minimize traveling over the season? (For example, all five away games in Riga would be played in row.)

5.  What is the most important attribute or skill for a goalie? What makes goalie an annoying one to play against?

1. No, dropping the glove is reserved for unclean hits/cheap shots which the refs did not see/call. Or attacks on the GK.

2. No, my player holds it like the legendary Dale McCourt, it is part of the job and expected of you. Clerks do not do a victory dance everytime they booked an invoice either.

3. No, I think that is a bad idea, especially if one of the teams has to deal with absences/injuries.

4. The horn of a 18 wheeler followed by 'Thunderstruck' from AC/DC

5. I think positioning is probably the most important trait, as you can compensate lack of reflexes with great positioning (to a certain extent) but no amount of reflex will help you if you are simply on the wrong place at the wrong time

6. No, 3v3 is okay...

On 12/28/2021 at 2:22 AM, jRuutu said:

Q's for fun

1. Depends on the time, if we need the boost, or if it’s a smaller teammate and I felt I needed to defend them! Send a message! 

2. yes!! Of course!

3. maybe a two game back to back or weekend series but I think 3-5 in a row would be overkill and would be hard to sell that to fans paying for the tickets!

4. “Work that ass for daddy” 

Source: trust me bro

5. Positionally or structurally sound! A good goalie is one that isn’t always making the highlight real saves cause they’re always in the right position making the right saves! Getting them to move just to beat them is tough!

6. 3 on 3 is amazing just needs to be 10 minutes and then it’s perfect!

Press conference questions!!!!!!!! Here is 12 questions that you can use for last week and this week if needed!

1) How were you Christmas holidays?

2) The Wranglers finished the regular season with an 11 game win streak, will we carry this momentum into the playoffs?

3) We managed to climb our way back into 3rd place avoiding a wild card matchup. We now matchup against the Bears, do you like this matchup?

4) How do you feel your player performed this season?

5) Which player on the roster exceeded your expectations?

6) What do you like most about being a Calgary Wrangler?

7) If you could change one thing about the Wranglers organization what would it be?

8: This season had 30+ players with over 100 points. What is the cause of the offensive numbers being so high?

9) What should be the Wranglers top priority in this seasons draft?

10) Have you heard of the ProAM? Would you be a part of it if it were to ever make a comeback?

11) What did you do to celebrate New Years?

12) What is your New Years resolution?

7 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

Press conference questions!!!!!!!! Here is 12 questions that you can use for last week and this week if needed!

2) The Wranglers finished the regular season with an 11 game win streak, will we carry this momentum into the playoffs?

3) We managed to climb our way back into 3rd place avoiding a wild card matchup. We now matchup against the Bears, do you like this matchup?

7) If you could change one thing about the Wranglers organization what would it be?

8: This season had 30+ players with over 100 points. What is the cause of the offensive numbers being so high?

10) Have you heard of the ProAM? Would you be a part of it if it were to ever make a comeback?

1. Rather chilled, fine dining with the family, but nothing out of the ordinary.

2. I hope we do not repeat the regular season experience where we lost ten or so in a row after a winning streak. But I think we will carry on, I cannot see a reason why not. @Vatseems to be on a mission.

3. If you want to win the cup you need to beat all the other teams. It doesn't matter who we will play. 'My' IRL Club had their nemesis as the first opponent in the playoffs and it was the hardest series of them all. Once we beat them, it was a downhill race for us.

4. 69 points total, do I need to say more?

5. I do not put expectations on other players, (though I am disappointed that @Phil got soft and did not reach 400 hits) ;)

6. Everything to be honest... well except that @WranglersSuck dragged me into an other forum based league... damn you Ricer!

7. Getting that STHS luck.

8. I did not look into this, but I would assume that the increase of meta players may contribute to that.

9. I think we need help/replacement in the forward as well as in the defence department, with some players approaching retirement age. And I am the only prospect skater who is not a multi or a rather slow earner.

10. No, I have not (or not sufficiently to make a statement).

11. not much; watched 'Dinner for one' and fired some fireworks, my wife had to work that night, so not too much going on...

12. to have no resolution. Since I did not take one, it is mission accomplished already and I can rest on my laurels for the remainder of the year.

21 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

Good to celebrate with family and such but could've done better on myself

Absolutely, we will take down the bears with ease 

Bears are our rivals so we will beat the crap out of them

Awesome! Scoring a career high of 101 points!

Everyone! Not meaning that I thought they would be bad, everyone was suuuuuuper good

The involvement and activity in the discord

Nothing in the back of my head

8: This season had 30+ players with over 100 points. What is the cause of the offensive numbers being so high?

Sim luc-*cough* meta-builds *cough*

To make new friends! And win a cup for everyone of course

Such a great name! Hell yea!

Watch fireworks with my fam of course

Now this might sound un-original but to go to the gym.

Great! Mostly because this man is going to be a daddy soon. And he cannot WAIT!

We better. We've had really poor luck in the playoffs the last two seasons. It's about time we got it together and went on a good run!

Absolutely. I always like fucking up DABEARS

Not great but still overall better than his career average. I'll be satisfied if he can continue this production for the rest of his career.

We a family. 

Shit goaltending - must have been. 

Ate, drank, and played Unstable Unicorns with my wife and her parents. Cheers to a New Year

Not a resolution, but I'll be doing some restrictive eating and making an exercise regimen to take me to June, when the baby comes and changes everything :)

On 1/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, WranglersSuck said:

1) Awesome! Spent time with the fam jam. The kids loved their presents, and even did some skating on a lake yesterday and the day before.

2) I think so. Nothing beats momentum. Gotta keep it up in the playoffs.

3) Any time matching up against the Bears is a tough one, but we have what it takes.

4) I think Saku could have done a lot better. It's all good though. Got a whole career ahead.

5) It's my first season with the team so everyone did awesome. I had zero expectations. Haha.

6) The Wranglers is where I started my VHL career, years ago with Travis Boychuk. I was here with Sebastian Ironside and Leph Twinger too. It's familiar territory.

Relaxing. I went back home. Now I'm back here. All good.

I believe so. The team has been on fire lately and we saw earlier in the season that we can keep on winning as well, so I think we got in the right time.

I do. I played there last year, so for me the only way you could make this matchup any better is if we played against Bears in the finals, but then again the Bears might not have the quality to make that far. Or well might not, they don't have it since we beat them.

I played pretty well during this season. I was not expecting such a hot finish, I got quite few multiple point games towards the end. I was expecting a strong finish, but not like this. I'm happy. Hopefully more coming in the playoffs.

Nasherov a little bit. Over 100 points is a great total in a team that had pretty even scoring numbers otherwise.

I can wear cowboy hats and not feel bad about it

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Great! Mostly because this man is going to be a daddy soon. And he cannot WAIT!

yeah the delivery times are atrocious... both times I had to wait for about forty weeks, will never order again ;)

On 1/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, WranglersSuck said:

1. Great! Could of been better if my whole family got together but still great! :)

2. I think so! Wranglers fans desperately need some playoff success!! This team is build for a long run!

3. Whether it’s favourable for us or not, it’s always the bears for us! They eliminated us two seasons ago, always in our way! To be the best you got to beat the best.

4. Overall solid, basically a point a game player, perry is getting older and with the wranglers young core stepping up like they did this year and continually improving, perry doesn’t mind taking a back seat, playing sound defensively and scoring clutch goals.

5. Nasherov for sure, jokinen as well honestly, knew both were good but had no idea how good!! Amazing seasons so far!

6. the culture, being a wrangler and being apart of this community; you really are a wrangler for life here! 

7. Off the ice nothing; ricer and mgmt are professional, thoughtful and sincere! Not much more you could want! On the ice more playoff success!

8. *cough* Meta *cough*

9. Defence maybe? But they have a lot of good prospects still in the pipeline! 

10. currently am apart of the comeback!!

11. Just had some drinks with a few friends! Got way to drunk and started 2022 for some upchuck in the toilet but felt great after that!!

12. Make More Money! 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:31 AM, WranglersSuck said:

1. Relaxed with the close family.

2. I have the full trust that the Wranglers will be able to carry that momentum and elevate their game.

3. It's a tricky matchup. Any team can win which is the fun about it.

4. He's just arrived into the scene, hopefully he shows what he's made off.

5. Score a ton and gather loads of team wins for whoever he ends up playing for.

6. Being a Calgary fan makes me feel the chills. I love to watch their primetime games and attend the arena to see them perform!

7. Win a championship (or more) 😁

8. I believe that the coaching staff was capable of squeezing out all the performance from their players.

9. Improvement, improvement and more improvement. I firmly believe in the capability of the management.

10. Haven't heard yet but if it's a cool experience, why not right?

11. Got bamboozled with my close family and enjoyed a great meal and a small gather around.

12. Be better than I was last year.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:50 AM, Vat said:

Good to celebrate with family and such but could've done better on myself

Absolutely, we will take down the bears with ease 

Bears are our rivals so we will beat the crap out of them

Awesome! Scoring a career high of 101 points!

Everyone! Not meaning that I thought they would be bad, everyone was suuuuuuper good

The involvement and activity in the discord

Nothing in the back of my head

8: This season had 30+ players with over 100 points. What is the cause of the offensive numbers being so high?

Sim luc-*cough* meta-builds *cough*

To make new friends! And win a cup for everyone of course

Such a great name! Hell yea!

Watch fireworks with my fam of course

Now this might sound un-original but to go to the gym.

Claiming this again 1/9 as there were 12 questions and I answered all

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/16//

1. The Wranglers advanced past the first round in quite some time, how is your player feeling?

2. What must we do to win the 2nd round against a solid Vancouver team?

3. As of right now, who do you think is our playoff MVP?

4. Due to the new covid strain, fans aren't allowed into the arena to cheer the team on, how are you feeling about this decision?

5. What are you holding onto that's holding you back in hockey?

6. Did you arrive at this point in your career because you willed it or because you were destined to be here?

They were fun as we got to visit family in LA. The best way to spend the holidays is with your family!

I believe we can, we have a great team here and we know what it takes to win in the VHL playoffs. To many bad memories from the last few seasons that will make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.

He did OK. I was definitely hoping for some better numbers but the team players well and all that matters it that we win the cup.

I think the thing I like the most is the unity in the locker-room. It is one of the better locker rooms I have been in the VHL and it is what makes me want to stay a Wrangler for the rest of my career.

I think are top priority should be a goaltender. We don't really have many prospects in the pipeline and Klam will be heading into his final season.

I was on vacation in LA over Christmas break to visit wife's family and then spent New Years in Mexico as a little mini-vacation.

4 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The Wranglers advanced past the first round in quite some time, how is your player feeling?

4. Due to the new covid strain, fans aren't allowed into the arena to cheer the team on, how are you feeling about this decision?

6. Did you arrive at this point in your career because you willed it or because you were destined to be here?

1. Feeling great. I believe we have what it takes to keep it up and advance another round.

2. Just be consistent. They're a strong team, so we have to stay on our feet and keep up the speed.

3. Probably Klamasteris. You really need goaltending in the playoffs.

4. Obviously we'd rather the fans be there, but it's the playoffs. We're playing hard no matter what.

5. I need to believe in my playmaking more.

6. Hard work pays off.

More hat related merchandise. I like to wear hats.

Too many teams in the league. Too few actually good defensive players, both in defense, goal, and in center position.

Tough to say. Maybe goalie? Current goalies are getting older, so perhaps goalie position could use more competition.

Maybe. I think I played in it once or twice, maybe. Or some tournament at least. Could be fun to play again

I was at home taking it easy. Not much going on around here, so nice tunes and food, good times.

Swear more and waste more money on things I don't really need.

12 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Over the moon! Definitely feels as if we slayed the dragon! The wranglers fans and this group deserved better results over the years and I’m happy we got some! 

2. play hard, forecheck them into the ground, they might have more high end skill then us, but if we play structurally and sound our goalie can make the big save and we have the skill to end it with any given shot.

3. Nasherov or jokinen are studs and have been all year but I’m going with our tendy!!! He has been clutch for us so far!

4. Frustrating for them and the players, the rules and restrictions don’t seem to be making any difference and they all did what they had to do getting vaxxed; should be aloud in the building.

5. Nothing; we beat Seattle, I’m stress free :)

6. Willed I’d say! Perry did a lot to get his career back on track after his accident! He’s taking every game in like it’s his last!