Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 1/10/2022 at 4:39 AM, Greg_Di said:

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/16//

1. The Wranglers advanced past the first round in quite some time, how is your player feeling?

2. What must we do to win the 2nd round against a solid Vancouver team?

3. As of right now, who do you think is our playoff MVP?

4. Due to the new covid strain, fans aren't allowed into the arena to cheer the team on, how are you feeling about this decision?

5. What are you holding onto that's holding you back in hockey?

6. Did you arrive at this point in your career because you willed it or because you were destined to be here?

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/16//

1. The Wranglers advanced past the first round in quite some time, how is your player feeling?

Splendid!

Defeat their mega bull crap of a team

I have no idea everyone deserves an mvp here

4. Due to the new covid strain, fans aren't allowed into the arena to cheer the team on, how are you feeling about this decision?

Extremely sad.  The playoffs are the best games of the season

Not something I have thought about and have at the back of my head really

6. Did you arrive at this point in your career because you willed it or because you were destined to be here?

I had no clue I was getting traded here before the trade happened so this is destiny

On 1/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, WranglersSuck said:

Press conference questions!!!!!!!! Here is 12 questions that you can use for last week and this week if needed!

1) How were you Christmas holidays?

2) The Wranglers finished the regular season with an 11 game win streak, will we carry this momentum into the playoffs?

3) We managed to climb our way back into 3rd place avoiding a wild card matchup. We now matchup against the Bears, do you like this matchup?

4) How do you feel your player performed this season?

5) Which player on the roster exceeded your expectations?

6) What do you like most about being a Calgary Wrangler?

7) If you could change one thing about the Wranglers organization what would it be?

8: This season had 30+ players with over 100 points. What is the cause of the offensive numbers being so high?

9) What should be the Wranglers top priority in this seasons draft?

10) Have you heard of the ProAM? Would you be a part of it if it were to ever make a comeback?

11) What did you do to celebrate New Years?

12) What is your New Years resolution?

I never answered the last 7-12 so I'll do that now.

7) Probably to have STHS let my player score more.

8 ) Sometimes the league has up years of points. There's a lot of talent in the league these days, and more than a few GMs have found their soft spot in succeeding in STHS.

9) Draft players to eventually replace our veterans, whatever positions those may be.

10) Definitely heard of it. I usually try to get involved in most things.

11) Honestly? Video games with buddies over party chat.

12) The cliche thing of getting in better shape. Also not taking things for granted. No regrets.

Great. Always a good feeling when you get one step closer to the main thing, which is the finals.

Put puck into the net and stay out of the penalty box. Keep it simple and focus on playing a full 60 minutes.

Sirkants in net was great. He faced a lot of shots, but still he kept us in the games, that is all you can ask!

Bad decision. Watching Calgary play in the playoffs or potentially losing your life? I mean, you can lose your life over a lot of things. Let the fans decide!

I think I'm too good as a player. I find it a challenge to sometimes to play at high intensity, because I know I'm the best. If I already know I'm the best, why am I playing so hard every shift, you know?

I was born with a full set of hair and a stubble for a mustache. The doctor looked at me and said: This kid is destined for greatness. The doctor was right.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/23//

1. Tough series against Vancouver as the Wranglers lost in the 7th game, could we have done anything different to get the win?

2. What are your early predictions on how well the Wranglers will do next season?

3. Any special plans for the off-season?

4. Two players on the Wranglers can potentially break Wranglers records, Phil for Hits and Eagles for Shots blocked. Will they be able to do it this upcoming season? why?

5. Is there any one draft prospect that you would like to see Calgary draft? Why?

6. What is the weirdest snack you like to eat?

46 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Tough series against Vancouver as the Wranglers lost in the 7th game, could we have done anything different to get the win?

2. What are your early predictions on how well the Wranglers will do next season?

4. Two players on the Wranglers can potentially break Wranglers records, Phil for Hits and Eagles for Shots blocked. Will they be able to do it this upcoming season? why?

5. Is there any one draft prospect that you would like to see Calgary draft? Why?

1. yeah win game seven in regulation. But apart from that, I do not think so no. Apparently Simon T just plain hates passing.

2. The run of playoff participation will go on, and from there onwards everything is fair game.

3. Finishing the JST, Participating in the Pro-Am and maybe WJC/WC appearances?

4. For Phil it is a steep call, he would need to top this season's number, which is possible but unlikely (sorry Phil). All the more reason to celebrate once you get there!  For Tom the order is not as tall as he only needs to block some 50 shots or so, which is peanuts compared to the passed season. I wish both of them best of luck of course.

5. With Ragnar Hagstrom disqualified and Marcel earning on a rather slow pace, a defender like Nagy AL, Bo Johansson or James Teekirque would be a good fit (DeGroot as well but he made it very clear he wants to play for his own franchise only).

6. Hmm I do not think I have any weird taste in snacks: dried fruit or crisps normally...

I mean, we could have outscored them. 

But in all seriousness, we were outmatched. Vancouver have been the best team all year and the fact that we gave them the toughest time in the playoffs is nothing to scoff at. Be proud! 

We are probably set to do slightly better in terms of our regular season. Our core group, although into depreciation, has enough steam to fight of depreciation and we have some great young talent coming up. 

Fight depreciation. Claim the TPE. Get good. 

Phil won't be able to do it this season. If he is able to stay in Calgary for his final year, I think he should be able to do it! 

Eagles, I think is close enough to be able to, but again, if not this year, certainly next. It's only a matter of when, not if, at this point!

I haven't looked at the draft class much. I will do so later on, so get back to me on that! 

Straight up peanut butter... like with a spoon. Or sliced apples dipped in peanut butter. Or celery. Basically anything peanut buttery. 

abolish meta maybe. also couldve scored first in game 6 OT

make the playoffs, that's the safe prediction

nothing much. just bought some anti regression stuff and still have 200+ banked TPE. you know how this goes.

never looked up to the record books so no idea

it's up to Ricer, I have no real opinion on this as the S75 player

raw potatoes

On 1/17/2022 at 5:30 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I think if we play that 7th game 10 times we win more then we lose but that’s the thing it’s one game winner take all, we left it all out there! They were the better team that night! 

2. I think we are going to be successful regular season team like we always are but definitely hoping to go to the finals, maybe not a prediction but definitely a expectation!

3. Usually go to Vancouver for the summer to visit family for most the summer but going to Cabo and then Vegas for a little boys trip! Then back to training!

4. 100% yes because they’re the best to do it! And considering the hits and shots blocked per game ratio they’re already the leaders!

5. I haven’t looked into this years class to much! Fully confident in Ricer’s scouting and drafting.

6. Turkish delight

On 1/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Greg_Di said:

TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/23//

Not really anything I can think of.  Meta teams pretty much always prevail

Very well! I believe we can go far

Taking it easy as usual

Yes, because they are true Wranglers and have a passion for Calgary I haven't seen elsewhere

Not anyone specific.  All I want is good friends

Caviar on tube

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 01/30//

1. Calgary drafted a positional need and took a goalie in tonight's draft, what are you thoughts on the pick?

2. Did you tune into the draft or did you have no interest in it?

3. What will you be focusing on in the upcoming Wranglers training camp?

4. Calgary only has 2 D under contract, What 3rd D would you like to see come to Calgary to help us go after the cup?

5. How long does it take you to gear up before a game?

6. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?

On 1/17/2022 at 5:30 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. We had a great series that came down to the 7th game. I don't think you can do much else when you're in Game 7. We got there, and ultimately lost. That's the sim sometimes.

2. I think we have just as much of a change as last season.

3. Nope! Personally, not my VHL player, I'll be snowboarding a lot. I don't work until Friday.

4. I think they are both capable. Those are great milestones to achieve and both players can get there.

5. Honestly, no. I'll accept anyone on to the team.

6. Nothing weird, to be honest. As far as "snacks" go, I eat a lot of chocolate almonds...

1. Calgary drafted a positional need and took a goalie in tonight's draft, what are you thoughts on the pick?

Solid pick I'd say. Dahl is a huge goalie with great reflexes, so I think fans of Calgary are looking forward to seeing him in action!

I was sleeping. I was not able to watch or follow live action.

Strength and puckhandling mainly. I think strength will help me with staying on my skates more in tough situations and puckhandling is obvious, doesn't hurt to pick up some new moves and certain softness to the way I handle the puck.

4. Calgary only has 2 D under contract, What 3rd D would you like to see come to Calgary to help us go after the cup?

I don't know. There doesn't seem to be that many free agent D's out there, or the portal doesn't show them. Ranogajec at around 400 TPE is a FA. Pretty young, and could be decent addition to the second pairing.

30 minutes to one hour, depends how quickly my equipment guy is able to dress me.

Spoon. Nothing worse that having to liquids without a spoon. Some kind of tent. Nothing worse than having to eat in the sun or rain. Knife. You can do a lot of things with a knife

8 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. It makes sense, as goalies apparently need longer to get in the line up.

2. No, but not for lack of interest but because it started at 2 AM my time...

3. Face off, Face off and did I mention Face offs?

4. Maybe Ranogajec? other than that the FA market for Defenders looks pretty dried out for me...

5. What you mean, you are not constantly wearing your gear?

6. Water filtration device, Swiss Army Knife and a fire making kit 

13 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1) I like the pick because we had no goalies in the pipeline. First gens always make me nervous but I have faith in this one.

2) I was actually busy at my sons hockey game so I missed most of it.

3) Getting to know my new teammates and learning the systems in Calgary.

4) I’d like to see someone who is meant for a 2nd pair and can contribute to the offense.

5) 20 minutes usually. Sometimes longer if I’m busy socializing.

6) A flint, netting and a tarp. Need to be able to start a fire, catch fish and have shelter from the elements.

Edited by WranglersSuck

16 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Solid Pick! Have high hopes for his skills translating!! Ricer knows best. 

2. I caught the first round! I mean football was on!!!

3. Speed and Conditioning, Perry is getting old and he needs to work twice as hard to keep up with the young talent but it won’t be a problem!

4. Joe Madison

5. 10 minutes unless we having pre game beers! 

6. Items…… maybe some graphic novel/s , axe, tent off the top of my head. 

Goalies are essential for any Championship team. It's always a solid move to take a young budding goalie. Let's just hope it pans out in the long run!!

I unfortunately have been too busy to look at the draft. Maybe I'll cover it on my next podcast though. It seems like something I would do!

Scoring. My whole career, I've been underwhelming in the points department, and really only the last two years have my hits started to blossom. Calgary's biggest weakness the past few seasons has been not scoring enough so here's to hoping my career-high 98 scoring helps that

Well since you posted this we went out and got @Rayzor_7, which is absolutely unbelievable! It will be an honour to play alongside him this season! 

5. How long does it take you to gear up before a game?

13 minutes. Don't ask why. But exactly 13 minutes

6. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?

Protein powder, my wife, a sea plane. 

Anything Ricer does is big brain 

It's not that I don't care just that it is in uncomfortable timings for me

Being an all around player

No one specific, I can make friends with anyone

5. How long does it take you to gear up before a game?

20 Min MAX

6. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?

Boat, GPS (locked onto closest land) and fuel for the boat

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 02/06//

1. The season is about to being for the Wranglers, predict our record for the first 10 games.

2. Has your player achieved everything they needed in the off-season to be ready for this upcoming season?

3. Name your top 3 scorers for the Wranglers this season

4. Are you participating in the VHFL this season? How is your team looking? If not participating...why not?

5. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?

6. What’s the funniest joke you know by heart?

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The season is about to being for the Wranglers, predict our record for the first 10 games.

2. Has your player achieved everything they needed in the off-season to be ready for this upcoming season?

4. Are you participating in the VHFL this season? How is your team looking? If not participating...why not?

5. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?

1. 6-2-2

2. Yes, perry has put in a ton of work to get ready for his final season! Needs to go out with a bang!

3. Reinhart, Nasherov, Jokinen.

4. I am, I’m pretty happy with my team, I’ve had very back and forth results over the years so hard to predict how well I’ll do. 

5. Me and my family went out on the roof to get into our moms room from the window while she was sleeping so we could crack an egg on her head, she ended up waking up while I was on the floor cause the dog was trying to play lol. We regrouped downstairs and she came down to see what the hell we were doing and then crack! If wasn’t really worth all the effort but the effort and failure was fun and a good laugh. 

6. What’s forest gumps email password? 

1forrest1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Works for me. I have full trust in who our GM picks.

2. I didn't have time this time around, but I wish all the draftees good luck.

3. Just trying to get all my skills up to speed, to be honest.

4. Honestly I don't mind anyone in the VHL.

5. I always enjoy those moments sitting in the locker room in full equipment, waiting to go out there.

6. A boat, some fuel for the boat, and a boat captain. Lol

10-0. Coming in hot. Team is ready to roll and I know results will be there right away.

I think so. I managed to improve my PH to 99. That was one goal I had. I did not add too much to strength yet, but I can work on it during the season. Maybe on skating too.

Reinhart will score the goals. Kotkakoivu in the middle will collect a lot of assists, and I think veteran Eagles will rule on the powerplay.

Yes! I took couple Calgary players, I went with physical players mostly, so I got Johnson in my team. I also got Sirkants in net. Should be decent.

I got pranked pretty hard in Seattle. Someone put shaving cream into my skates, so I demanded to be traded. I left the next day. One too many pranks? No. The only one, but it was enough.

What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta

On 1/31/2022 at 2:51 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. More wins than losses for sure 8-2 maybe?

2. I did what I could, but still ways to go. Improved Faceoff a lot considering my new position in the middle now.

3. Nasherov, Reinhart, Jokinen

4. Yes I am. I got Jokinen and Phil in the line up

5. I cannot recall any. We did not play practical jokes when I was a kid.

6. So many, but all of them borderline violating the CoC, so I am not going to repeat them here. (Boondock Saints, when Rocco tells the joke to his boss).

On 1/30/2022 at 6:51 PM, Greg_Di said:

1) 5-3-2 lolz! Pretty average start I would think.

2) Absolutely. Reinhart has trained consistently and is ready to lead this team to a championship.

3) Reinhart, Nasherov, Eagles

4) I am participating this season. I think team looks really good so far. A good mix of offense, physicality and an amazing goaltender.

5) To be honest I am not really a practical joker. I love jump scaring my kids but that’s as far as that goes haha.

6) My jokes are more puns or dad jokes. Any long winded inappropriate jokes are a thing of the past. 

10-0 

Hell yea, I'm ready to dominate this season!

Reinhart, Nasherov and maybe perry 

Not too smart on this part lol sorry

I'm not participating because it's too much work for me

No idea lol, don't really remember any good ones tbh

6. What’s the funniest joke you know by heart

None, not much of a jokester.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Well, we went 6-4-2 in 12. I would have picked a little better than that at least. I never expect perfection right off the start.

2. I believe so. Saku is ready to roll.

3. Reinhart, Nasherov, Eagles

4. No. I missed the sign-up thread. I wish they tagged all members for that.

5. I did a magic trick on my 6 year old nephew a few weeks ago and made him think he was invisible and that I couldn't see him. His sisters were in on the joke too and pretended he wasn't there. He cried and we stopped. lmao. Good sport.

6. Nothing I can say on this public message board. :D