Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 02/13//

1. As of this post, Nasherov is 10th overall in the league with points, do you think he can finish in the top 10 at the end of the season?

2. Reylynn Reinhart is 4th in goals in the league with an impressive 12. Can she claim the top spot at the end?

3. Calgary is off to a 6-4-2 start, do you think we should be doing better or do you think were where we should be at this point of the season?

4. If you could trade for any current VHL player to help the team win the cup, who would you trade for and what would the trade package look like?

5. What are your top 3 favorite books and why?

6. If you were ever elected President/Prime Minister of your county, what would be the first thing you would do?

Edited by Greg_Di

18 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. As of this post, Nasherov is 10th overall in the league with points, do you think he can finish in the top 10 at the end of the season?

2. Reylynn Reinhart is 4th in goals in the league with an impressive 12. Can he claim the top spot at the end?

3. Calgary is off to a 6-4-2 start, do you think we should be doing better or do you think were where we should be at this point of the season?

4. If you could trade for any current VHL player to help the team win the cup, who would you trade for and what would the trade package look like?

6. If you were ever elected President/Prime Minister of your county, what would be the first thing you would do?

1. As long as Janser acts as his bodyguard and feeds him with pucks, who can stop him?

2. I do not think she is meta enough, but of course I hope she does.

3. I am never entirely happy, always find the fly in the ointment. We recently lost two consecutive matches in SO, which we could have won in regulation, had our pk unit actually killed penalties (also known as the 'Canuck early 2021-22 virus')

4. Maybe an other elite defender like Madison, Nilsson or Markinson to avoid our defenders to burnout... and since I like the roster it would involve some picks, since our prospect pool looks okay (unless the rumours that Ben retires/fizzles out are true, then I would trade for a young-ish netminder).

5. One of my favourites is 'the Count of Monte Christo' just because he meticulously planned over decades how to get back at his tormentors. Then there is the 'LOTR trilogy' first because I just like the story of an unlikely hero and I love the fact that Tolkien wrote this book only to justify a fantasy language.

6. Resign immediately, do not want the job (and we do not even have it to start with, it is a college of seven equal ministers taking care of Switzerland).

I think so. Nasherov is an elite offensive player. Nasherov was hot last year and I think he will keep going this year.

2. Reylynn Reinhart is 4th in goals in the league with an impressive 12. Can he claim the top spot at the end?

Why not! Reinhart moved to offense from D, so that doesn't exactly say it's likely as the move is so recent, but Reinhart is a top player and a early start with a lot of goals doesn't hurt.

Some tight games in there, but I think Calgary could have a better record. The roster is too good to be playing this close to winning 50% of the games.

Defender is perhaps the most likely option. Perhaps some retiring D could be available for 2nd or a 3rd round pick closer to deadline?

Erlantz Jokinen - The Biography, The bible, and 150 different pasta dishes - recipe book.

I would make voting mandatory.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:17 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. With the amount of offensive talent on this team and once chemistry is established I’d be shocked if we didn’t have Atleast one player in the top 10.

2. She might be able too!!! Up to 19 now is a crazy good start! Must stay consistent! Can’t take nights off.

3. regular season can be toss up on any given night but you do want to get into a groove as a team and be playing the right way towards the end but as long as we stay within the top of the pack I’m confident! 

4. Chara because he’s a beast and our D would be elite, it’s not realistic tho because of the cap and what we would have to give up on the front end! 

5. Ummmmm walking dead volumes all of them because it speaks for itself.

6. Run naked down the street.

TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 02/13//

Hell yea

2. Reylynn Reinhart is 4th in goals in the league with an impressive 12. Can she claim the top spot at the end?

I believe so! She definitely has the capacity to do so

We could definitely be playing better but we are still playing good

I have no idea tbh

Harry Potter books, case solving books and humor books are all good, pretty sure theres no need to explain why those 3 are good

De-elect myself lol.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:17 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. Definitely. He has the ability and drive to do it. Also the supporting cast to help him!

2. I believe anything is possible.

3. We could be better, for sure. We're capable of it.

4. Trade for Dan Dan, because he leads the league, but only give up draft picks. :P 

5. The Outsiders, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Game of Thrones. I don`t know.

6. Invite my family to the house for dinner.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 02/20//

1. Are you currently happy with your players stats so far this season? Why or why not?

2. What are your thoughts on the return of trivia? Do you like the new format?

3. The AGM spot is opening up, will you be applying? If not, who would you like to see join the team as AGM?

4. Do you prefer the team bus or the team plane for road games in North America?

5. Who has impressed you the most on the Wranglers so far?

6. How much influence does a persons name have over the course of their life?

On 2/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. Are you currently happy with your players stats so far this season? Why or why not?

3. The AGM spot is opening up, will you be applying? If not, who would you like to see join the team as AGM?

4. Do you prefer the team bus or the team plane for road games in North America?

1. So far yes! Perry is having a solid season and with the likes of Nasherov and Reinhart doing their dominant part, perry doesn’t have to brunt the offensive load like previous seasons.

2. Love the new format! Was easier and just overall a cleaner set-up great job by the league.

3. I would like to see an up and comer get a shot! Maybe someone who’s worked in management in the VHLm or E and wanted that next stepping stone.

4. Team Plane for sure! Poker table is already set up! Much faster and easier to sleep on.

5. Daniel Janser! Beast of a rookie season so far!!! Can’t complain, offensive , hits everything and is responsible defensively.

6. Damn that’s an interesting question, I think in the general sense not much significance unless it’s something obviously very outlandish but overall you are what you make of yourself. Your life will be determined by how hard you work and a little bit of luck. 

No, I was expecting more, but there is a lot of hockey left of course.

Cool idea, but the questions are shit. For example, who has the most assists ever in a VHL season. Oh this will be easy, I will check the records from HOF/Records, none of the options are in the Top-10 for assists, ok?

Naah, I don't have the time or energy or anything to really offer for the role. I don't know, maybe someone from the team. If the AGM is an outsider playing for a rival -  I would find it odd.

Plane all the way, the less time on the read the better

Reinhart perhaps, the goals keep on coming!

Some cool name doesn't hurt at least. But a silly or bad name would require the person to have a healthy confidence, someone else could struggle with it.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. No not really. But I am never happy with what I have achieved. On the other hand I know I have given my all and the rest is RnJesus working its magic... by and large I wish to be more consistent.

2. I have barely used to old format, and with me being GM and doing articles and PC all the time I do not need the trivia... but I think it is better if every member has a random question so they really have to do something for it and not wait for someone to spam the replies in discord.

3. No I have not, I like my Mississauga GM spot. I have seen that Ben applied and since he is a Calgary prospect, the chance of conflict of interest is small... I am sure Ricer will make the right call.

4. I always have been a fan of aviatics and therefore plane all the way.

5. Difficult to say. I think we work very well as a team and the scoring rest on a lot of shoulders. Klamasteris has been a solid backbone for us and always gives us a fighting chance, so I think the call must land on him if I need to point a single player out.

6. Well since I learnt that my name means 'God is my Judge' in Hebrew I am more inclined to make sure I will find a mild judge when my time comes to stand trial for my actions and omissions. So yeah a given name can influence you, but this must not be necessarily true for everyone.

/ TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 02/20//

No, have not been playing to my full potential and need to do better

I love it! One of the most fun ways to earn tpe

Nope, and I have no idea.  Preferably someone who is a nice person

Bus.  Much easier to sleep and to talk with your teammates.  You don't have to rely on the plane having wifi either

Reinhart.  Absolute unit

I have no idea.  Never thought of that before

For week ending 2/27

hockey dancing GIF by Columbus Blue Jackets  

1.  With the season almost halfway through what can you take away from what’s happened so far?

2. The meta is one of the hottest debates going on in the VHL at the moment, what are your thoughts on it?

3. Are you hyped for the return of the All star game?

4. What is your favorite soft drink and why?

5. If you could take the team to a concert of a musical artist of your choice who would it be and why?

6. If you had to live with a teammate for the rest of your life who would you choose and why?

On 2/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. Nah. I never expected to be a superstar right away or anything, but seeing my stats and then some young players like myself, I wish I'd be a little more productive.

2. I like it. There's no sharing so that sucks, but you do automatically get the points right away so that's cool.

3. Nope. I left my GM days in the dust tens of seasons ago. Always willing to help of course, but I don't want any official roles.

4. The bus! I've always loved the bus sleeping over sleeping on a plane.

5. Reylynn!

6. You are defined by your actions, not a name!

1.  With the season almost halfway through what can you take away from what’s happened so far?

We have played a lot of hockey. There is also a lot of hockey left to be played.  We are somewhere between the start and the end of regular season.

2. The meta is one of the hottest debates going on in the VHL at the moment, what are your thoughts on it?

I have not paid too much attention. I just try to focus on my game. I try to get shots to the net and keep shifts short.

Not really, but then again maybe one or two things in this world gets me ''hyped''.

Water. Keeps the motor going and when it's hot outside is there anything better than ice cold water?

5. If you could take the team to a concert of a musical artist of your choice who would it be and why?

Oasis. I like Oasis.

6. If you had to live with a teammate for the rest of your life who would you choose and why?

Phil The Phil Rock Johnson, he is always working out, I like working out, so maybe he could share some tips. 

17 hours ago, Ben said:

For week ending 2/27

1. Wranglers are capable of going all the way, we are notorious for having up and down regular seasons but we have shown we can compete and dominant anyone in this league when we are on our game.

2. Something that needs to be fixed or monitored but I feel like there will always be a way to cheat a system.

3. Yes! Very exciting and just another way to help engagement in the league! Players will want to work towards that honour! 

4. Iced Tea! Delicious, refreshing and even better hard.

5. Nickleback! It would be an absolute riot for obvious reasons!

6. Reylynn Reinhart would be an obvious answer so I’ll go with my boy @Phili think we could just get drunk and watch sitcoms and entourage all day long. 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, Ben said:

For week ending 2/27

1. No matter the ups and downs, like Tina said we can go all the way. I fully believe in this team. We can beat the best.

2. It's been around for awhile. If it can be taken out of the sim somehow, then I'm all for it.

3. Always nice to get recognition.

4. Iced tea. Never been a huge pop guy.

5. Paramore, because I just love Paramore.

6. Phil. Been around this league for awhile and I think we'd get along no problemo.

Johnson's giving up hitting and started wanting to contribute offensively. 

Shitgame. Shitstorm. No talent. fuck it. 

It should be fun! Always cool to see the best of the best get together and tear it up!

Dr Pepper - because it brings back memories of high school. Good memories? Not the greatest but not the worst either haha. 

Elton John, because he's our High Flying Bird and Rocketman. I've always wanted to see him live. 

@tinafrombobsburgerslet's do it. Would be fun. Less so when my wife and soon-to-be-born child move in, but until then it'll be great. Just excuse me each weekend while we run through the prenatal classes haha. 

On 2/21/2022 at 4:03 AM, Ben said:

For week ending 2/27

My point production being horrible compared to last season yet I know have btter stats than last season

F the Vancouver Wolves sums it up

Hell yea

Fanta exotic, IDK why but it's the pinnacle of soft drinks

Would need to know who everyone likes first so I don't take them to a concert of songs they don't like

Phil the rock Johnson.  ALways working out and we could become gym buddies!

For week ending 3/5

hockey GIF

Answer 3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2!

1. With the VHL trade deadline almost here, are there any trades this season that surprised you?

2. Calgary has a lot of promising prospects in the VHLE right now, which Calgary prospect can you not wait to see in the big leagues?

3. If you were a VHL GM do you value future picks or current prospects?

4. What is your favorite fast food place to go get a meal from?

5. If you were in a bad part of your town/city and you were about to get jumped what teammate would you want to help protect you?

6. Ricer says that he traded you to LA for a PBJ sandwich and a chipotle bowl, what are your final words to ricer?

6 hours ago, Ben said:

For week ending 3/5

hockey GIF

1. With the VHL trade deadline almost here, are there any trades this season that surprised you?

2. Calgary has a lot of promising prospects in the VHLE right now, which Calgary prospect can you not wait to see in the big leagues?

5. If you were in a bad part of your town/city and you were about to get jumped what teammate would you want to help protect you?

6. Ricer says that he traded you to LA for a PBJ sandwich and a chipotle bowl, what are your final words to ricer?

1. I have not really followed the trades so, no.

2. Of course my little brother Marcel Janser

3. Both have their values it all depends on which part of the cycle one is at the moment.

4. Burger food truck.

5. Phil the Rock Johnson of course. (but my town does not really have shady parts).

6. 'En guete' (this is what Swiss people say to someone who is eating, similar to 'bon apetit')

Maybe the DeGroot one, young player being traded so quickly after getting drafted is always interesting, especially when the player is a GM player.

Dahl perhaps, they say he is going to be Calgary's future number one.

Current prospects, assuming they are doing something. Obvious answer, but with picks you also need to take the quality of the drafts into consideration, you might not find great players even with 1st round picks always. In that sense picks are overrated.

I don't eat in any fast food places.

Nasherov, he has a lot of jewelry on usually, so I could push him forward and run away.

I would slap the sandwich from his hand and throw the bowl somewhere, then I would say: ''eat much?''.

Haven't really followed the trades as have been busy IRL but im sure there have been some good ones!

Future is bright in Calgary, Ben looks like a great pickup and great goalie of the future.

Both, can't build for the future without one or the other.

Anything with a poutine, nothing beats that for a late night snack after a game

Phil! He will stick up for anyone and is a great enforcer to have around on the ice or in real life!

Make sure Wranglers win a cup! I'm all about doing what's best for the team

On 2/27/2022 at 5:53 PM, Ben said:

For week ending 3/5

hockey GIF

1. It was a somewhat quieter trade deadline this year maybe because Ricer kept it in his pants this season. 

2. Ben Dahl 👀

3. both; while both can contribute to your team in the long wrong both are also extremely valuable assets.

4. hmm of the basic ones, I’d say Wendys! Something about their chicken burger!! But also enjoy a good A&W meal!

5. Phil “the rock” Johnson for obvious reasons!

6. “I personally requested I go out on a poutine, how dare you.”

On 2/28/2022 at 2:53 AM, Ben said:

For week ending 3/5

hockey GIF

With the VHL trade deadline almost here, are there any trades this season that surprised you?

Not too sure what trades have been going on, but surely something big must have surprised people

Dahl is an absolute stud

Depends on if the future picks will include people who have recreated or if it doesn't

McDonald's and Burger King are top notch

Janser got my back without problem

"Tequila" then I would continue to do a backflip into the sunset

Stay Down Ice Hockey GIF by NHL
For week 2/13

1. We were shown the new hybrid attributes system this week, what are your thoughts on it!

2. VHL wordle has been very popular lately, have you tried it? What are your thoughts on it!

3. If you could add one attribute to STHS that doesn’t currently exist what would it be and why.

4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?

5. Calgary leads the league in OTL with 12, how does this make you feel?

6. What does your player eat before a game?

Edited by Ben