Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 1/1/2023 at 5:09 PM, Tetricide said:

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending January 8, 2022

1. Happy New Year, Wranglers! 🥳 We have a new year, new season to look forward to. We had an incredible regular season met with a tough post season. How does your player feel about the team's elimination?

2. To prepare your player for next season, what area(s) will you be focusing on improving? There's always room for improvement. 😉

3. Which team has genuinely surprised you this season?

4. Will you be watching any of the off season games? (E.g. Pro/Am or JST)

5. How did you ring in the new year?! (Me, personally, hung out with co-workers, had a couple drinks, and played some fun board games.)

6. Do you have any vacation planned for this year?

1. Happy New Year @Tetricide! Obviously, Strasmore is gutted that once again we exited the playoffs with a whimper. However, it just increases the motivation to improve and do his best to improve in helping the team overcome this obstacle!

2. Three main things he will be focusing on - defense, puck handling, and checking. I think if his hands get better he will be better able to utilize his higher passing to defense and dish the puck. 

3. Honestly, I've just been focused on the Wrangler's as opposed to the analytical dynamics of the league. Terrible but truthful answer! 

4. I may check out the World Junior Showcase. They are always neat to see who excels or not.

5. I did it with my in-laws at our home. They were excited because they were over for my son's bedtime for the first time haha. We played boards games and watched Modern Family in the background. Was great. 

6. The only planned vacation I have isn't really a vacation. Once my wife's mat leave is up I will be taking my entitled 5 weeks of parental leave at the beginning of June. I honestly cannot wait. 

• 2 weeks later...

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending January 15, 2023

1. The off-season is officially here! The JST in full swing, the WJC starting today, and the WC right around the corner. Is your player enjoying some R&R or are they participating in any of the tournaments?

2. The Wranglers recently to acquired Swedish goaltender Oskar Lindbergh! How big is this move?

3. The Continental Cup Semi-Final and Final series went all the way to game 7 with the Vancouver Wolves winning it all at the end. What do you think that says about the teams that made it that far?

4. S86 Victory Cup winners. Let's run it back?!

5. Doritos: Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch?

6. What new band or artist have you been listening to lately?

18 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. The off-season is officially here! The JST in full swing, the WJC starting today, and the WC right around the corner. Is your player enjoying some R&R or are they participating in any of the tournaments?

2. The Wranglers recently to acquired Swedish goaltender Oskar Lindbergh! How big is this move?

3. The Continental Cup Semi-Final and Final series went all the way to game 7 with the Vancouver Wolves winning it all at the end. What do you think that says about the teams that made it that far?

1. I will be participating in both the Victory ProAm Tournament and the World Cup with Team Nordic. Looking forward to backstopping with Papa Emeritus one last time!

2. Considering at this point last season I didn't even know if it was going to be the last season I was going to be able to play, this is huge! Calgary has really given me a chance to end my career on a high note with a Continental Cup victory.

3. It really shows you how good both teams were that it took every last moment in order to decide a winner. Prague had just as good a chance to win it all as Vancouver did, and it made for a great series.

4. I would absolutely love that!

5. Definitely nacho cheese, the original. Respect the classics!

6. I've been listening to a lot of Bruce Hornsby and the Range lately, along with Jethro Tull.

3 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. I will be participating in both the Victory ProAm Tournament and the World Cup with Team Nordic. Looking forward to backstopping with Papa Emeritus one last time!

Oops, I totally forgot about the ProAm! My player is from Finland, so you'll hear him hootin' and hollerin' for Nordic in the WC.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:58 PM, Tetricide said:

I believe I may be participating within the WJC but at this point I have no clue haha.

Huge. The dude can really tend those toothpicks well. 

Man, huge props to those teams. It takes guts and most importantly: determination. Good going on them!

Of course.

Nacho Cheese all the way. Cool ranch isn't cool at all.

Steely Dan and a little mix of A$AP Rocky here and there. 

On 1/11/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tetricide said:

1. My player is playing in the WJC for Canada.

2. IDK how much of a difference a 900 TPE goalie is to a 650 TPE in the sim is but considering Calgary won the league last season with a 650 TPE and if I use logic I feel like the acquisition of the 900 TPE goalie will push Calgary over the hump. 

3. Well it shows how ever they were built/put to gather was the right way for the sim.

4. Lets get it done!

5. Nacho Cheese.

6. Honestly I just listen to what ever is on the radio.

Week Ending January 22, 2023

1. It's training camp time! That means season 87 is just around the corner. How prepared is your player?

2. The drafts are also complete. Did you watch any of them go down?

3. The World Cup is upon us! Who are you rooting for?!

4. How pumped is your player for the new season?

5. What time do you usually go to bed?

6. What is your favorite day of the week?

15 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. It's training camp time! That means season 87 is just around the corner. How prepared is your player?

1. Better than ever! Despite the regression over the off-season, I feel I'm even better than I was last season and I can't wait for this season to get started!

2. I followed the VHL Draft until the third round or so, and we saw some big surprises!

3. As a member of Team Nordic, we want the gold!!

4. Beyond fired up!! Focused as ever and determined to pull my weight to bring the Cup back to Calgary!

5. I try to be in bed before 11:30 PM, I've been getting better at sticking to it lately.

6. Friday has such a joy to it that even the weekend just can't seem to replicate. Weird, I know, but the joy of Friday is just always there.

38 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. Sax Justice showed up overweight, out of shape, and drunk. As usual.

2. Nope. Don't know anything about any of the drafts. I assume we got players?

3. Antarctica.

4. We've got Unfinished Business. I hope this doesn't age poorly.

5. Between 11pm and midnight if I'm hope and not busy with something.

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

1. DJ just recovered from the depreciation hit he has taken going into S87.

2. I was part of the VHLE draft together with Leandro.

3. Western Europe of course, as I am dressing for them.

4. As pumped as ever, want to get this elusive cup at last.

5. It depends. If we have visitors I turn in at around 2200hrs, if my wife works during the night it is around 0200hrs.

6. Every good sim day. But weekends have of course the perk of being able to sleep in.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:42 AM, Tetricide said:

1. My player is ready to get things started.

2. I tuned into all of the drafts for a few minutes to see how things were going down.

3. Canada.

4. My player is ready for his rookie season.

5. Around 11 pm give or take.

6. Friday, end of the week and start of the weekend.

I am prepared to get that sweet sweet 10 TPE. Let's work on POKE CHECKING. I am lit up for this upcoming season - but first - the WORLD CUP!

I did not. I was too busy preparing for the World CUp and training with my homies. We tight and we like it that way.

Totally rooting for WEstern Europe. It's been a while since we've seen Gold (well, held Gold) and I think we have a decent shot at it this go around. Let's do this. 

Super pumped. Pumped harder than a ****star. I just signing a 4 year deal to stay in Calgary so buckle up folks, it's going to be a long and bumpy ride!

10:30. I have to. Otherwise, the kid will throw me for a loop and I won't get a proper sleep. 

Friyays. I like Friday afternoons the best. People generally stop giving a shit about work and then you've got the whole weekend ahead of you! 

Not at all! I'm surprised Lloyd has been called up to the big leagues this early but I'm ready to give it whatever I can manage to help out Ricer and the team.

I did not! I know Spartan probably does quite a bit for the VHLM show but I just can't find the time to get involved.

Rooting for whichever nation I'm in the system for I guess? This is another thing that unfortunately falls to the wayside with being less active.

Stoked! Hopefully won't be an absolute disaster on the ice in the VHL but we'll see!

11 p.m. EST is my ideal bed time but later lately due to Fire Emblem addiction.

Saturday for no work and relaxing! 

:cal:Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending January 29, 2023

1. The S86 World Cup champions are Team Western Europe! Congratulations to all players involved! Also, congratulations to Team Nordic (WOOHOO!) for Silver and Team Canada for Bronze! Who did you expect to win it all?

2. Now that the WC is over with, we have SIMS starting soon! The indexes are posted, simmers announced, and the calendar says...season starts Wednesday (Jan 25)! Are you nervous? Excited? Anxious? HYPED?!

3. If you're doing predictions this season, how do you think you'll do compared to last season?

4. Who do you think has the best celly on the team?

5. If you could be any kind of bird for a day, which would you choose?

6. Is VR the future?

25 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. The S86 World Cup champions are Team Western Europe! Congratulations to all players involved! Also, congratulations to Team Nordic (WOOHOO!) for Silver and Team Canada for Bronze! Who did you expect to win it all?

2. Now that the WC is over with, we have SIMS starting soon! The indexes are posted, simmers announced, and the calendar says...season starts Wednesday (Jan 25)! Are you nervous? Excited? Anxious? HYPED?!

3. If you're doing predictions this season, how do you think you'll do compared to last season?

6. Is VR the future?

1. Western Europe isn't usually a powerhouse in men's ice hockey, and it is equally surprising that they did well in an English language sim league. Actually, is my player from the UK? Might be.

2. Ready to rock and roll. Hockey is fun.

3. Regular season will be about the same for Calgary. Playoffs will be a little bit different.

4. Phil for sure. Doesn't get to bust it out very often though.

5. Northern Aplomado Falcon.

6. No, the future is meditation and introspection.

3 hours ago, Tetricide said:

6. Is VR the future?

1. Heavily biased here as I was dressing for the GOLD medal winning team. Western Europe of course.

2. YES. (Since updaters will not look graciously at that pun I have to elaborate. All of the above and curious whether DJ can put up similar numbers as last year in the second line).

3. Probably taking a step back but still hoping to be a key contributor to the Wranglers' success.

4. Janser as he gets the most practice ;)

5. Some bird of prey like an eagle, they just look so majestic (I will skip the low hanging branches like wishing for a tit, or being an absolute cock).

6. It is atm too expensive and room consuming for widespread use imo. I would not put it beyond humankind to invent neural interfaces in the future for convenience's sake.

I had an inclination that Western Europe would finally bring home the Gold. I don't remember us winning it since we did back in the 40s with me and @sterling as the defensive duo Phil and Jeff Hamilton. We won 2 golds in our careers. Feels good to recapture those glory days.

I am super hyped. I have moved up in the roster and ready to step out of my rookie contract and into my big boy pants of a contract. 

I stacked them in favour of Calgary players so I should get at least a couple. I had a lot of points from predictions last season so I probably won't do better this season. 

celly, as in, cell phone? Probably Ricer. He'd need all the memory and processing speed to deal with us ragamuffins. 

Penguins. Fuck ya.

6. Is VR the future?

I think R is the future but maybe it will be in a V way. It's definitely a completely immersive way to game, there's no doubt! 

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

celly, as in, cell phone? Probably Ricer. He'd need all the memory and processing speed to deal with us ragamuffins.

Penguins. Fuck ya.

4. 'Celly' as in 'goal celebration'... no wonder you as a Toronto supporter know nothing about it ;)

5. Penguins are super dope (if we are talking NHL franchises) but otherwise the birds are smelly like you wouldn't believe.

8 hours ago, Tetricide said:

6. Is VR the future?

1. We were really fired up to be able to send out the retiring members of the team with the gold medal, but unfortunately Western Europe was on fire and it didn't happen. Look for Nordic to be really motivated to avenge this loss next time around!

2. Ready, I'm ready. This team is so focused and determined to break through and get that Cup! Can the season start today?

3. I think I could put Daniel Janser for every answer this season and do better!

4. Daniel Janser's celly isn't the flashiest one on the team, but it is by far the most refined, since he gets so many opportunities to practice it.

5. A bald eagle for sure, it's illegal to kill them, so it would ensure I survive my day as a bird. Could feast on salmon too!

6. I mean, with all the money that's being invested into it, I sure don't see the hype yet.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

I had an inclination that Western Europe would finally bring home the Gold. I don't remember us winning it since we did back in the 40s with me and @sterling as the defensive duo Phil and Jeff Hamilton. We won 2 golds in our careers. Feels good to recapture those glory days.

I am super hyped. I have moved up in the roster and ready to step out of my rookie contract and into my big boy pants of a contract. 

I stacked them in favour of Calgary players so I should get at least a couple. I had a lot of points from predictions last season so I probably won't do better this season. 

Penguins. Fuck ya.

6. Is VR the future?

I think R is the future but maybe it will be in a V way. It's definitely a completely immersive way to game, there's no doubt! 

How Dare You Greta GIF

On 1/23/2023 at 10:13 PM, Tetricide said:

6. Is VR the future?

1. I had zero clue on which teams were good/bad so I'm just going to say Canada.

2. Very excited to play in my first VHL season!

3. I think it will be hard for me to get 8 again but I think I could get around 5-6

4. I haven't seen anyone's celly's but I reckoned Phil will have the best.  

5. I think it would be cool to be an owl.

6. It could be but at the moment It's just a weird way to play video games.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, Tetricide said:

6. Is VR the future?

1. I don't know the last time I paid attention so I didn't expect anyone to win. It's a nice competition though and I'm happy to see the community still really cares about it!

2. So far so good! I'm sure Lloyd will eventually contribute to the team. I'll just keep puttering along until then!

3. Didn't do them this season or last season! 

4. Definitely me as I skate over to the whiteboard at the bench and give myself a check for every PC sold to a fan.

5. Eagle so I wouldn't have to fear anything. 

6. Unfortunately yes. Doesn't work great for me when I use it but all the signs are there for it taking over. 

Week ending February 5, 2023

1. What's up Wranglers! We had a kind of rocky start to the season, but as of this post we're on a 7-game win streak! The GMs made some necessary line changes that was apparently exactly what we needed break through the funk. How are we lookin now?

2. Also as of this post, our very own Larry Abass Jr.@RileyL is currently sitting at the top of the rookie leaders board! How possible do you think it is that he makes rookie of the year?

3. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janseris also on a few leaderboards, but is currently #1 overall for Forwards. What do you think he puts in his water bottle?

4. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday, our one true goalie, is also on the leaderboards. In a 3-way-tie for 1st place in shutouts and 3rd in wins. Sitting at .918 GAA, how can we help raise that number, the shutouts, and continue winning?

5. Why is the rum always gone?

6. How is/are your sport(s) team(s) doing?

20 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's up Wranglers! We had a kind of rocky start to the season, but as of this post we're on a 7-game win streak! The GMs made some necessary line changes that was apparently exactly what we needed break through the funk. How are we lookin now?

2. Also as of this post, our very own Larry Abass Jr.@RileyL is currently sitting at the top of the rookie leaders board! How possible do you think it is that he makes rookie of the year?

3. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janseris also on a few leaderboards, but is currently #1 overall for Forwards. What do you think he puts in his water bottle?

4. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday, our one true goalie, is also on the leaderboards. In a 3-way-tie for 1st place in shutouts and 3rd in wins. Sitting at .918 GAA, how can we help raise that number, the shutouts, and continue winning?

1. Feels like we're back to normal! For some reason Leandro works best alone and Janser and I are much worse without each other. But now we have 2 units clicking and that's how we win!

2. I think he has all the tools to win it, aand I hope very much so that he does, but I'm concerned about the opportunity he has compared to other candidates. We know STHS loves to hand out pity points, so Dixon on HSK or Murdock on MOS have a great shot at winning it as well.

3. Whatever I've been putting in there since rejoining his line ;)

4. Well we could always allow more shots, but I fear that isn't the most optimal solution for the team. Shutouts I think we can help a lot with by continuing to keep shots down.

5. Sorry that was me, I've been on a rum kick these days.

6. I could not tell you actually, probably the same as usual, like 3rd in their division behind the top 2 teams in the league? Destined for a first round exit to the best team that's ever been iced? And F1 is starting soonish so we shall see how that goes.

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

1. We are on a playoff seed at the moment as we ought to be.  Certainly something we can build on for the remaining 55 games.

2. He has been there for a while now, and if he can keep up the pace, he will be a valid contender for the Stoltzi.

3. It would be unfair to make a guess here, as I do know first hand what is in there. Bonnie insisted on IRN-BRU, but occasionally Janser puts in Swiss soft drink Rivella.

4. Strasmore @Phil and Marcel @Morcar80 just need to block more shots, they are nowhere near the top ten of the league smh

5. We burnt it to attract the Navy's attention to get off this godforsaken island.

6. After a rocky season so far, they are in a wild card spot at the moment.