Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. Wranglers are currently 23-11-4 on the season. What are your thoughts? Better or worse than you expected, or exactly right?

2. Which Wrangler has surprised you the most this season?

3. What VHL team has surprised you the most this season?

4. How is your player doing in your eyes? Performing or underperforming?

5. Did you expect Daniel Janser to take the league by storm this season and be currently 2nd in points?

6. Not VHL related, how excited are you for the NHL season to start?

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. Wranglers are currently 23-11-4 on the season. What are your thoughts? Better or worse than you expected, or exactly right?

5. Did you expect Daniel Janser to take the league by storm this season and be currently 2nd in points?

1. I think we are more or less where I expected us to be, among the top dogs of the NA conference.

2. Leandro has certainly taken a leap compared to last year and Marcel's +/- rating is astounding for a low TPE rookie.

3. I would not have thought that Helsinki with all this off-season drama would be as competitive as they are right now.

4. My player is doing alright (still cannot believe that I was behind my brother in GWG for a while though)

5. No, I expected a decent season along the lines I had previously. This comes as much as a surprise as to anyone else (I have not even drafted myself in the VHFL).

6. I am curious what will happen with all the cap issues (last time I checked most of the league were above cap and those who weren't did not have a full squad) and if Colorado can repeat.

Exactly right perhaps. Calgary is among the best teams in the league and I think that shows in the standings. We got a solid start to the season.

Janser, I was not expecting that many goals!

I will say Helsinki as well. They have done a lot better than I expected after losing some key players.

Somewhere in the middle. I should have more points, especially on the powerplay, and maybe fewer pims, but otherwise point per game is alright. Hoping a strong finish to the regular season.

No, especially the goals have been a nice surprise!

Decently. I look forward to seeing some highlights and nice goals. Not following any teams.

39 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Janser, I was not expecting that many goals!

Neither did I... I was hoping for 30-ish in the season, similar to the past few seasons...

1. It's Game 7 of the Continental Cup finals, in overtime, and the Calgary Wranglers are awarded a penalty shot. Who would you want the Wrangler taking the penalty shot to be?

2. You just got rocked by a hit from behind from some thug on the other team. Who is the first Wrangler on the scene dropping his gloves and coming to beat the shit out of the guy that hit you?

3. It's All Star Weekend, and your player.... was not selected to appear in the All Star Game. How are you spending your days off with no practices or games?

4. Some players age like a fine wine, while others are a candle that burns brightly but for a shorter time. How is your player planning on staying relevant when they hit regression?

5. What should your General Manager @Ricer13dress up as for Halloween?
6. Who is going to win the Stanley Cup, and why is it the Vancouver Canucks?

1. It's Game 7 of the Continental Cup finals, in overtime, and the Calgary Wranglers are awarded a penalty shot. Who would you want the Wrangler taking the penalty shot to be?

I would put the player who appears to be "hot" and "in" the game that day. That could be anyone, but of course players like Kotkakoivu and Janser with their experience and skills would be up there.

2. You just got rocked by a hit from behind from some thug on the other team. Who is the first Wrangler on the scene dropping his gloves and coming to beat the shit out of the guy that hit you?

Tessier, Kotkakoivu, or Janser. They are all tanks, strong as bulls. I assume they will take care of it.

3. It's All Star Weekend, and your player.... was not selected to appear in the All Star Game. How are you spending your days off with no practices or games?

I will read a nice book and maybe cook something at home with the old bag. Perhaps I will work out on one of the days, but I will do nothing too special. Fun and relaxing days.

4. Some players age like a fine wine, while others are a candle that burns brightly but for a shorter time. How is your player planning on staying relevant when they hit regression?

All about steady earning and saving as much cash as possible for those regression treatments. They do help. If make effort you can have pretty strong end to your career, even if you lose nice chunk of TPE every off-season.

The borat mankini, but he will wear it on top of his suit, because he wants to be professional at all times. The outfit will be called "suikini"

Vancouver Canucks is the only team with the name Vancouver Canucks

Edited by jRuutu

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 7:31 AM, Eso said:

1. Certainly not Daniel Janser iirc he fluffed every time he took a penalty shot.

2. Looking at the penalties it must be AG. Knowing Janser though, he will bide his time and repay in equal coin.

3. Well I am sure with Bonnie Ferguson moving in with Dan, he will find a way to pass time...

4. Just max earn and bank the excess TPE. and maybe fight the regression with one of the trinkets in the player store.

5. I had to google for that: since apparently the Blackhawks are the biggest rivals of the 'Nucks, Ricer should dress as Patrick Kane (if I got the team wrong replace with an appropriate player).

6. Toronto, because they are as likely to win the cup as the 'Nucks. And it is Vancouver because no franchise can go 53 years without a cup. right? right? (Alternative reason: because Hell just froze over) ;)

Edited by Daniel Janser

• 2 weeks later...

1. Any thoughts or comments on "your game" during the playoffs?

2. D.C Dragons vs Moscow in the finals - is that a surprise to you?

3. Missisauga is 0-36, half of the season left, would you join them if you got the opportunity? Why or why not?

4.  Babushka has scored 5+3 as a D in VHLE playoffs, they lead the scoring race, do you think they have what it takes to play in VHL?

5.  Off-season predictions: is Calgary going to do a lot of moves?

6.  Both of the finalists in VHL finals have 4 defenders, is the 3 defender strategy still worth it?

Press Conference for week ending Nov 6 2022

1) It’s spooky season! Should the VHL have a Halloween event?? What kind of event?

2) What are your plans for Halloween, irl?

3) What move that GM Ricer has made do you like the most so far?

4) which one has been the most questionable?

5) Who do you like in the VHL Draft?

6) Best Halloween movie??!?

Press Conference for week ending Nov 13th 2022

1. What a wild draft!!! The Wranglers walked away with some great talent. Who has the highest ceiling of the drafted players?

2. How are you feeling about being drafted as a Wrangler? This can be for old and new team members!

3. If you could play for any other VHL team who would you want to play for?

4. What would make the VHLM experience better?

5. Who is your favourite NHL team?

6. What part of the world are you from!?! 

1 minute ago, Ricer13 said:

1. What a wild draft!!! The Wranglers walked away with some great talent. Who has the highest ceiling of the drafted players?

2. How are you feeling about being drafted as a Wrangler? This can be for old and new team members!

Just because I can:

1) I think Rage and VLG will do very well, but Marimoto could definitely have the highest ceiling. Lots of passion in there.

2) I remember being surprised actually, I thought I was going 10th to NYA or 12th to LDN. But I saw the great talent picked before me and was thrilled to join them and its only gotten better since!

3) Davos I think. Davos has a LOT of exciting talent and is really ready to take a step forward and take over as the dominant power in the EU with Prague.

4) I think a lot of the recent changes should help most of my concerns, but I'd kinda like to see starting TPE raised, so the amount you have to earn to cap out is much lower. I like to see players though to the E in 1 season, after they've learned all there is to know. I'd also like to see top recreates skip the M entirely, and join VHLE teams on waivers for their playoff runs.
5) Toronto :(

6) Southwestern Ontario woo

8 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

3) Davos I think. Davos has a LOT of exciting talent and is really ready to take a step forward and take over as the dominant power in the EU with Prague.

If they dont trade them all away first lol

Edited by Ricer13

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Looks like we got a feast of good players. If I had to pick one, I think Adam Rage @MrMom is going to have a great career.

2. Happy to be drafted as a Wrangler! @Ricer13 inexplicably thinks highly of me and reached for my player way too early.

3. I'd play for any team. Don't get me wrong, Calgary is my preference, but I'm a mature enough person that I'd play anywhere. I like teams with active LRs though.

4. I enjoy the VHLM, but with my first player I was confused for a long time about the different ways to earn TPE, so maybe they could teach that a bit better.

5. I support the Vancouver Canucks, for better or worse (usually for worse).

6. Prince Rupert, BC, Canada. Northwest coast of Canada, at the tip of the Alaska panhandle.

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. I only realized this morning that the draft took place. I think we have a similar haul like in S83 when we got GoodBrandSun, Wolanin and Gonçalves, who are working hard to push Voss out of the top three of their draft class.

2. Best team I have been drafted into. I was made to feel welcome and appreciated, even though I was (and still am) a first gen who had no clue at the time.

3. Probably anyone but Seattle, I do not like their MO. But ultimately I will probably play for any franchise who drafts me. If I stay beyond the rookie contract is a different story.

4. I think with the implementation of the new waiver system a big step has been made. Ideally we would clone the likes of Cole, Jacob and Shindigs and give them a live time job in the VHLM GM'ing. ;)

5. Since the early nineties it is the Pittsburgh Penguins. Their forward group around Lemieux, Jagr and Francis was just divine. But also cheering for any team a Swiss player is playing in.

6. Central Switzerland (the most conservative region of a very conservative nation, we give the 'Walliser' a run for their money).

• 2 weeks later...

Calgary Wranglers Presser for week ending November 20th 2022

1. How has your players start to the season been?!? 

2. What are your expectations personally and for your team this season?

3. Are there any flaws in your teams roster that need to be addressed?

4. Which team in your league has surprised you the most to start? Good or bad!

5. You’re about to executed via electric chair! What is your last meal!?

6. What is one of your favourite games to play? Could be a sport, video game, board game. Etc. 

Edited by Ricer13

2 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

It’s been nothing but smiles here in Miami.

I would love to be the best player I can be, but i would love it even more to see my Rauders in the playoffs this year.

Nah, we gucci. for now….

Mississauga cause they scored against us!

lots of sushi, spicy tuna to be exact.

6. What is one of your favourite games to play? Could be a sport, video game, board game. Etc. 

love me some destiny 2 (hit me up with g-tags if you want to game ;))

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, Ricer13 said:

Well, we are way past November 20th, but Strasmore's season has been exactly as I would have expected - slightly better in everyway than his Rookie Season. We moving in the right direction fam!!

For Strasmore, to finished with more points, hits, and shots blocked (and +/- rating) than last season. For the team, to win the Continental Cup. I know it's a large task but we have been dominant this season and gone toe-to-toe with the league's best. This season can be ours. 

Honestly, I would say the goaltending, as our main is inactive with not that much TPE, but Dahl's done surprisingly well! So I will say our defensive depth. Strasmore is not up to the level he needs to be to really help his team. At least his grit should be useful in the playoffs. 

Honestly, it's us Wranglers. Definitely a surprise that we are as strong as we are. Our leaders are fantastic though so they definitely get the bests out of us. 

Probably Pad Thai. If I eat enough I'll go into a food coma and won't feel a thing.

Sports: Football (soccer)

Video Game: (tough one) Witcher 3, Borderlands (any), XCOM

Board Game: (also tough) Unstable Unicorns or Settlers of Catan, (Pandemic is awesome but maybe too fresh after COVID? lollll)

Calgary Wranglers Press Conferece for week ending December 11th, 2022!

Hey, Wranglers! I'll be working on a better layout for our press conferences in the future, but here's this week's!

1. Our last 10 games record is 7-3-0, which is incredible! Where do you think we could use a little improvement? 

2. Anything exciting for your player happen in this last week? E.g. fighting, hat tricks, shutouts? Point streak maybe?

3. We've got a solid 6 point lead ahead of Warsaw in the standings, how do you think we'll fare in the playoffs?

4. It's theme week! What do you plan on making for it? If you already have, what type of theme would you like to see in the future?

5. If money wasn't an issue, where would you like to travel to see for a week?

6. How is your favorite sports team doing this season? If it's off-season, how did they do?

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending December 18, 2022

1. The trade deadline is today (December 12th)! Do you think your team makes any trades, and if so, who?

2. What's your player's current weakness and how do you plan on making them stronger?

3. Who would you say is your team's conference rival and how has your team fared against them?

4. The season ends in about a week! Overall, how has your player been playing up to this point?

5. Have you even started your Christmas shopping?!

6. How cold is it supposed to be today?

9 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. The trade deadline is today (December 12th)! Do you think your team makes any trades, and if so, who?

2. What's your player's current weakness and how do you plan on making them stronger?

3. Who would you say is your team's conference rival and how has your team fared against them?

4. The season ends in about a week! Overall, how has your player been playing up to this point?

1. I think we're set, but Ricer is a pretty active GM so who knows.

2. My player's biggest weakness is that his user doesn't earn lots of TPE, so he is constantly behind the power curve.

3. Seattle or Chicago, I don't pay a ton of attention to the rest of the league though.

4. About as expected. I just try to do my part to hold the line until we can get a skill guy out there.

5. Did a bunch of it earlier in the year, but I really should get on more of it.

6. Not sure about today, but yesterday it was -7C and a nice day for some pond hockey.

14 hours ago, Tetricide said:

No because as Ricer said, there's no need to change perfection!

Overall he's weak, but at this juncture, he's working on Puck Handling a lot. No more giveways, no sir. But yes, everything could get better.

Chicago. We've play tete-a-tete (spelling) with them all season long. Had some great battles and look to best them for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. 

I honestly cannot believe we are almost through the season! This actual season (Fall) has blown by. WHERE IS THE TIME GOING??? Overall Strasmore is still playing well below my standards but is improving in every category from last season so at least he's moving in the right direction.

Amazon is a wonderful thing. Yes. And finished it too. Though only my wife, baby, and my in-laws are getting anything. Oh. And my pupperoni. 

Not bad - only -3 feels like -7. Had way worse weather. Just hoping for a White Christmas

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Amazon is a wonderful thing. Yes. And finished it too. Though only my wife, baby, and my in-laws are getting anything. Oh. And my pupperoni. 

I also did all my shopping via Amazon! There's no way I'm trying to do anything with all these people out and about... I just recently finished my shopping and just waiting on the shipping.

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending December 25, 2022

1. Congratulations, Wranglers! With our current point lead in the regular season, we've secured the Victory Cup! What feelings are you feeling right now?

2. Who on your team would you say is your tag team duo? For goalies: who consistently helps you maintain low goals allowed?

3. How many seasons does your player have left before retirement and how do you want your player to be remembered?

4. Playoffs will be here before we know it! Which team are you most excited to face off?

5. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

6. If you think Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie, does that mean Home Alone isn't a Christmas movie?

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS, WRANGLERS! I hope you're all safe and surrounded by people you love. We love you, too!

:cal: Calgary Press Conference :cal:

Week ending January 1, 2023

1. The playoffs have begun! We're currently down 1 - 3 against Vancouver, which means we need to secure the next 3 wins. How have you prepared your player for this?

2. How has your player done in the playoffs so far?

3. Which team do you think wins out of the D.C. Dragons and Chicago Phoenix series?

4. What's your player's post-game regimen?

5. What did you have for lunch or dinner on Sunday?

6. Do you have any new year resolutions?

Week ending January 8, 2022

1. Happy New Year, Wranglers! 🥳 We have a new year, new season to look forward to. We had an incredible regular season met with a tough post season. How does your player feel about the team's elimination?

2. To prepare your player for next season, what area(s) will you be focusing on improving? There's always room for improvement. 😉

3. Which team has genuinely surprised you this season?

4. Will you be watching any of the off season games? (E.g. Pro/Am or JST)

5. How did you ring in the new year?! (Me, personally, hung out with co-workers, had a couple drinks, and played some fun board games.)

6. Do you have any vacation planned for this year?