Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

9 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's up Wranglers! We had a kind of rocky start to the season, but as of this post we're on a 7-game win streak! The GMs made some necessary line changes that was apparently exactly what we needed break through the funk. How are we lookin now?

2. Also as of this post, our very own Larry Abass Jr.@RileyL is currently sitting at the top of the rookie leaders board! How possible do you think it is that he makes rookie of the year?

3. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janseris also on a few leaderboards, but is currently #1 overall for Forwards. What do you think he puts in his water bottle?

4. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday, our one true goalie, is also on the leaderboards. In a 3-way-tie for 1st place in shutouts and 3rd in wins. Sitting at .918 GAA, how can we help raise that number, the shutouts, and continue winning?

5. Why is the rum always gone?

6. How is/are your sport(s) team(s) doing?

1. Calgary is really rolling along now, the team has really started to gel. What's really making it all work is that the boys are really doing a good job of picking each other up. If someone's having a rough night, someone has always been there to help them and the team get through it. In my opinion, that's what a team needs to do on a nightly basis to be truly great.

2. Hey, if he keeps playing like this, Larry definitely has a shot! I still think the favorite is Moscow goaltender Matt Murdock, but Larry is absolutely capable of winning the Stolzy if he keeps up this level of play.

3. Water, of course! What else would go in a water bottle?!

4. Just win, baby. Win games and the numbers will follow. Even if they don't... you still won, which is the most important thing.

5. Because Vincent Laroche-Gagnier always finds where the new hiding spot is!

6. Let's see...

Dallas Cowboys: Eliminated

Atlanta Braves: Looking good with spring training just around the corner!

Philadelphia Flyers: Too good for Bedard, too sucky for playoffs.

Williams Racing: Can't really be any worse than 10th in the Constructor's Championship again, sooooo...

18 hours ago, Tetricide said:

:cal:Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending February 5, 2023

1. What's up Wranglers! We had a kind of rocky start to the season, but as of this post we're on a 7-game win streak! The GMs made some necessary line changes that was apparently exactly what we needed break through the funk. How are we lookin now?

2. Also as of this post, our very own Larry Abass Jr.@RileyL is currently sitting at the top of the rookie leaders board! How possible do you think it is that he makes rookie of the year?

3. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janseris also on a few leaderboards, but is currently #1 overall for Forwards. What do you think he puts in his water bottle?

4. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday, our one true goalie, is also on the leaderboards. In a 3-way-tie for 1st place in shutouts and 3rd in wins. Sitting at .918 GAA, how can we help raise that number, the shutouts, and continue winning?

1. We are definitely rolling right know but in all honesty I think we can do better and be the team to beat. The sim also needs to be nice to us.

2. It will be a very close race for sure so let's just hope he can continue his production.

3. If I had to guess, probably some water and special powder.

4. We are on role right now, so "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

5. I couldn't tell ya.

6. Edmonton Oilers are currently 7th in the west which is first wildcard so they are in the playoffs. Denver Nuggets (NBA) are currently second in the entire league.

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending February 12, 2023

1. Lindbergh was a mad man in the game against the LA Stars! Do you think we can help him get at least 10 more shutouts before the season ends?

2.  As of this post, we're 3rd overall in the standings with 23 games played. We're almost a 3rd of the way through the season already... Do you think we can overtake the #1 position at this rate?

3. Went to a shootout against Helsinki, who is at the bottom of the standings... We won, but scary that it had lasted so long to take home the W. What could we do better next time?

4. Does your player do anything before the game for luck? 

5. Chocolate milk or orange juice?

6. Did you watch any of the NHL All Star events?

3 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. Lindbergh was a mad man in the game against the LA Stars! Do you think we can help him get at least 10 more shutouts before the season ends?

2.  As of this post, we're 3rd overall in the standings with 23 games played. We're almost a 3rd of the way through the season already... Do you think we can overtake the #1 position at this rate?

3. Went to a shootout against Helsinki, who is at the bottom of the standings... We won, but scary that it had lasted so long to take home the W. What could we do better next time?

1. 10 might be a bit much, but I could see 6-8.

2. If we're going to, we have to capitalize on our easy games, and get as many points as we can against VAN and LAS.

3. Teach Landon Wolanin how to snipe and its game over, my shots keep going up and my shooting percentage keeps going down.

4. Praise be to Simon

5. Strawberry Milk, but either of those options are acceptable as well.

6. Nope, All-Star Weekend has been boring for like a decade now, everything about it is just boring to me now.

26 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

10 more shutouts is a lot I’m not sure to be fair but I’m hopeful 

If we continue to play like we’re doing recently absolutely but we have to keep a bit of form for the playoff 💪

Injure everyone they can’t score if they’re all dead 🤷

He shoots pucks on his teammates in the locker room 

I’m lactose intolerant and I don’t like pulps so I’m pretty stucked there but if it’s lactose free and without pulps I like both. If we don’t specify both of these things I’d go orange juice cause I’d rather take pulps then shit everywhere 

no I wanted to but my tv didn’t work 🥲 but right now I’m on my way to the AHL all star game !

39 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. Just win all the face off and do not let go of the biscuit until we bury it in the net. Easy actually.

2. If memory serves me right we always picked up speed in the second half of the regular season.

3. Spike Daryl Dixon's water bidon with a laxative so he is in no position to score against us.

4. Not for luck, just certain rituals he does to gain focus. Always lacing the left skate first for example, similar what a pilot does with the pre-flight checks.

5. Both have its time, but Chocolate milk is my favourite.

6. I have not, but learned that Kevin Fiala skates faster than any North American skater.

2 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. All the shutouts. Team defense. Block them shots.

2. It's not a matter of if, it's when. We're unstoppable.

3. It's a tight league, there are no gimme games. Gotta work hard every shift, you can't sleep on teams based on where they are in the standings.

4. Shotguns a Coor's Light after warmup but before the anthems.

5. I try not to drink a lot of calories, but I'd take chocolate milk. Rather than drink orange juice, you should eat an orange.

6. A few, not many. I prefer the classic events (hardest shot, accuracy, speed skating) to the gimmicky stuff, but I understand that they're trying to entertain kids of the Twitch generation.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:50 AM, Tetricide said:

Week ending February 5, 2023

2. Also as of this post, our very own Larry Abass Jr. is currently sitting at the top of the rookie leaders board! How possible do you think it is that he makes rookie of the year?

3. Daniel Janser is also on a few leaderboards, but is currently #1 overall for Forwards. What do you think he puts in his water bottle?

4. Oskar Lindbergh , our one true goalie, is also on the leaderboards. In a 3-way-tie for 1st place in shutouts and 3rd in wins. Sitting at .918 GAA, how can we help raise that number, the shutouts, and continue winning?

1. Certainly doing pretty good! It may have started off a little rough but it's enough to be near the top of the league now. Let's hope it keeps up!

2. Larry has fallen a bit behind the lead at this point but if the strong play of the team keeps up then there's a good chance he turns it around!

3. Janser is playing extremely well! Enough to lead the league as of this post so lets hope that it keeps going for the rest of the season!

4. Well to keep up the shutouts and the strong play for Lindbergh we should keep up the good defensive play and hope to shut teams down. 

5. The post-game rum and cokes are too good to pass up on!

6. The Sens are all right, seem to be middling about when I would rather they just bomb for Bedard. Waiting for baseball to come back around for the Blue Jays season!

On 2/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Tetricide said:

1. With the way he is playing it is very well possible but I think a more reasonable answer would be 6 or 7.

2. Hell ya we can.

3. We can't underestimate are opponents, we have to play are game every game.

4. He does his on ice warmups in a specific order, and does each of them for the same amount of time.

5. I prefer Chocolate milk but I'd rather have apple juice.

6. No, I couldn't be bothered.

On 2/5/2023 at 12:31 PM, Tetricide said:

1. 10 more is a tall order! Maybe 10 for the season, that could certainly be an achievable goal with how well this team has played so far.

2. We're within striking distance, that's for sure. We just need to keep playing our best and finish strong, and if we do that, we can finish on top for another Victory Cup.

3. Props have to be given to Fuuka Rask for playing so well and earning the point against us! He played a great game and that was what let them hang in the game with us.

4. As a goaltender, Oskar has lots of rituals! Gotta ring the pads and the goalposts to please the goalie gods.

5. Orange Juice, I need my Vitamin C!

6. I didn't this season, and from what I've heard, I didn't miss anything. Gary Bettman is starting to be a little silly with all this it seems.

1. Oksar is undoubtedly looney. I would love to help him get into double digits for shutouts. In this day and age of VHL hockey, that is extremely tough but if anyone can do it, it's him!

2. I think we are still in 3rd. Not sure if we can rally for a 1st place finish at this point but as long as we win a playoff series, that really all I can emphasize at this point!

3. Basically not suck - everything. Line changes, communication, shot selection, player coverage - you know the basics.

4. He gets a good pump in the weight room. Either legs, chest, back or biceps. He likes to feel the blood pumping through him as he laces up!!!!

5. oooo hard question but Chocolate Milk. 

6. I did not. IF it was the VHL all-star game then maybe, but who the heck cares about the NHL, lolers. 

1. We're looking pretty good so far this season! Enough right now for 2nd so if we keep up the strong play I'm sure we'll get there. 

2. If we can turn some of those OTLs into wins then we should have what it takes to catch Vancouver! Only seven points between us right now and that's not much.

3. Hockey can be a pain where you never know what's going to happen. We just need to focus on improving and playing our game to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

4. Lloyd tries to sell a few PCs to fans outside the arena before the game. More sales means more points!

5. Definitely orange juice. Not a fan of chocolate milk/ice cream. 

6. I saw some clips! The breakaway competition seemed very over the top...

Week ending January 19, 2023

1. What's up, Wranglers! It's theme week! What do you think about the theme of "rivalries"?

2. Who would you say is our rival for this particular season?

3. In the SO loss against Riga Reign, we slightly outshot them and period 2 seemed to be very back-and-forth. Landon Wolanin had 12 shots on goal with 2 goals and 2 assists. We killed it on the PK, but still couldn't bring home the 2 points. How would your player respond to how the game felt overall and how we could improve our production while also keeping our defense tight?

4. Skaters - where is your favorite point to shoot the puck? Goalies - where is your least favorite point to be shot against?

5. What show are you currently binging?

6. Chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak? (I feel like this is a very Texan thing to ask, but I'm doing it anyway.)

17 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's up, Wranglers! It's theme week! What do you think about the theme of "rivalries"?

3. In the SO loss against Riga Reign, we slightly outshot them and period 2 seemed to be very back-and-forth. Landon Wolanin had 12 shots on goal with 2 goals and 2 assists. We killed it on the PK, but still couldn't bring home the 2 points. How would your player respond to how the game felt overall and how we could improve our production while also keeping our defense tight?

4. Skaters - where is your favorite point to shoot the puck? Goalies - where is your least favorite point to be shot against?

6. Chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak? (I feel like this is a very Texan thing to ask, but I'm doing it anyway.)

1. It hasn't really inspired anything that I'll call a "must see" yet, so not great so far.

2. With how randomly Simon has rewarded/scorned us, it has been hard to put together a good pattern to assign a rivalry to. I think my default answer is always Seattle though.

3. I mean I would have hoped my efforts would be enough, but it seems Simon was against us from the start.
4. I love to get myself in front of the net for some tap-ins/deflections.

5. I actually haven't watched anything in a while, but I promised myself that I'm going to continue my Gilmore Girls binge... eventually.
6. Chicken fried chicken? I'm essentially abandoning beef as a whole both for financial and nutritional reasons, so I've been leaning on chicken and turkey to fill the void for the most part.

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

1. I like it, but I had to make up some rivalries to accommodate the narrative. Of course now after I wrote it some more ideas come up.

2. Vancouver is certainly a candidate, Toronto would be another (since they are the only other original Eight franchise without any rebranding/relocation), but they are just too non-competitive these past few seasons to be much of a rivalry.

3. If it just were that easy... Simon giveth and Simon taketh away... Overall I think we do not need to bother over single games, but see the bigger picture. We are still second in Conference and League, but yeah it is frustrating to lose against one of the weaker teams in the league.

4. DJ is a slot hog, going to where it hurts to score his goals. Nothing more rewarding to score at point blank range, while everybody and their mothers try to move you out of the danger zone.

5. At the moment I am binging 'Hogwarts Legacy' and have no spare time for TV shows.

6. That is a trick question. I think the right 'Texan' answer is rib eye steak (or maybe spare ribs) ;). I have no preference in the chicken department, it depends on the mood.

8 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. I personally love the theme and I can't wait to read about some of the historical VHL rivalries this week!

2. Inconsistency for sure. There are days where we're the class of the league, and other days where it just seems like nothing is falling into place. Simon isn't always a fan of us, that's for sure.

3. Having the night off, there unfortunately wasn't anything I could do unless I was put into the game, but it was even long enough for Pederson to stay in. I know I can't play every single game, but I felt like it was a game I could have won if I was in net.

4. Over the shoulder is such an awkward spot to try to stop a puck at. If it's glove side, it does make it easier, and the crowd goes nuts over those flashy glove saves! It's much tougher on the opposite side to stop one with the blocker or the stick, you almost have to hope you can get in the way and get a piece of it

5. I can't get enough of Forensic Files right now, watching how investigators are able to piece together the clues and prove who did the crime is just fascinating to me.

6. I have heard great things about chicken fried steak, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet. I LOVE me some good fried chicken though, so I feel like I would love chicken fried steak too!

On 2/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, Tetricide said:

1. I haven't been in the VHL "space" for very long, so I don't really know of any rivalries, so I got a do some research and try to come up with something.

2. I'd probably have to pick another rookie so I guess maybe Nikolas Kauppi @Tetricide:) because we are both from the same draft class (S85), picked after one another, Larry at 16 and Nikolas at 17, and are currently one and two in rookie scoring.

3. It's just one game, every team will have these types of games. I'd start getting worried if these types of games were happening constantly. Larry will just put the game behind him and get ready for the next one.

4. I think Larry's favorite place to shoot the puck would probably be the five-hole, but he does love a good tip in goal.

5. I don't really watch shows, I just watch sports and play video games.

6. I'd have to go chicken fried chicken just because I have never had chicken fried steak.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:55 AM, Tetricide said:

1. I like theme weeks as it gets people thinking of some original content! Rivalries is a good one especially in a league that's been around as long as this one has. 

2. Has to be Vancouver, right? We've been chasing them all season and being so close together in Canada it makes perfect sense that they would be our rivals for the season. 

3. It would be a very disappointing loss for Lloyd after seeing the effort the entire team put in. He tried offering his ideas on what the guys should try in the shootout next time but they didn't seem to take kindly to the terrible defender offering suggestions. 

4. Getting set up on the point is a dream for a defenseman. Getting to send off a rocket of a slap shot at the goalie is a great feeling and they go so fast you're bound to get one once in awhile!

5. Started at episode 1 of It's Always Sunny and will likely binge the entire series!

6. Never heard of chicken fried steak so let's stick with chicken for this one... 

1. It’s a good theme. There have been some great rivalries in the history of the VHL. This might be harder for newer members to do but you can create a rivalry out of thin air so I guess it’s all good.

2. Let’s go with Vancouver. They need to be taken down and we are the ones to do it!!

3. Strasmore just needs to do his job and create turnovers so we can head out on the counterattack 

4. Definitely the top of the blue line, right side. On the powerplay. Heck yes 

5. I’m rewatching Suits because I’ve never seen the last season. The couple leading up to it were so weak I lost interest. But the first few are really good so I figured i would start fresh

6. what the heck is chicken fried steak? How can you fried a steak with a chicken? 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

6. what the heck is chicken fried steak? How can you fried a steak with a chicken? 

"Chicken fried" just refers to the way in which the food is cooked. 😉 So, it's just a steak that is breaded and cooked like fried chicken.

Just now, Tetricide said:

"Chicken fried" just refers to the way in which the food is cooked. 😉 So, it's just a steak that is breaded and cooked like fried chicken.

Ohhh thank you!

well I like my steaks raw and unsullied so I guess I would stick with chicken fried chicken!!

Week Ending February 26, 2023

1. Why does Chicago hate us? 😢

2. Karl Pedersen @JeffDhas started a few games! Of his 4, he has 2 wins and 2 losses (one OTL).  Both wins were shutouts. What do you think about the future of Pedersen?

3. We're sitting 7 points ahead of the next team, in which the next 8 teams only have a few points variance between each other. Do you think the dust will settle at the end of the season and show the points further apart, or will they remain to be neck-and-neck?

4. Who was your player's role model growing up?

5. Who was your role model growing up?

6. Star Wars or Star Trek?

10 hours ago, Tetricide said:

Week Ending February 26, 2023

1. Why does Chicago hate us? 😢

Living in Chicago is tough to a person so they become beasts they're just tired of having to live in Chicago 

2. Karl Pedersen has started a few games! Of his 4, he has 2 wins and 2 losses (one OTL).  Both wins were shutouts. What do you think about the future of Pedersen?

You can hardly say bad things about that very dominant debuts and if he's keeping the pace the Vhl is surely going to have a new pad warrior to worry about in no time

3. We're sitting 7 points ahead of the next team, in which the next 8 teams only have a few points variance between each other. Do you think the dust will settle at the end of the season and show the points further apart, or will they remain to be neck-and-neck?

Unlike real-life we're talking about a computer program something that's coded to work like it does so except if there's major changes in the teams I doubt anything will really change 

4. Who was your player's role model growing up?

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier is a Quebecer as everyone knows and growing up Marvin Harding in Quebec was a player he looked up to. 

5. Who was your role model growing up?

I'm obviously very young ok but i've always enjoyed watching sports, younger I only watched Soccer and Hockey tho so in Soccer my favorite player was obviously Cristiano Ronaldo I grew up in his Madrid days and It was surely a guy I was looking up to but also in Soccer there was my local team L'impact de Montréal and there I really grew up watching Didier Drogba and Ignacio Piatti. Drogba didn't stay for a long time but such a legendary player who was still decent here was really memorable. Ignacio Piatti is not a player known a lot but he's the best player in Montreal's soccer history and such a amazing player. So in soccer that's who I was looking up to. In Hockey, I honestly only watched the Canadiens. The big players of the teams I pretty much grew up with were Carey Price, PK Subban, Max Paccioretty, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov, Alexei Emelin, David Desharnais, Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher. But I remember a specific time, I was in Brossard watching a pre-season White vs red match. A rookie stood out to me he wasn't the best player for any means but I liked him couldn't say why. He was wearing 73 I think. He just got drafted in the 5th round so no big expectations for him. His name was Brendan Gallagher. Ever since then i've been a fan of him. But growing up Gallagher,Subban,Price were the players I was looking up to.

6.Star Wars or Star Trek

I've watched every Star Wars content except for the books, the older games, the holiday special and Andor. I've never watched any piece of Star Trek content. I think you'll guess my answer. 

I think it's a theme that's up for many ideas, sadly I didn't have that light bulb this time but It's a theme that surely made a few have that light bulb

Vancouver since they're first and we're 2nd. Yes there's other team close to us but Vancouver is the canadian rival and the objective so i'll say Vancouver.

This happens sometimes... games that are frustrating where you dominate and give everything but end up losing. I wouldn't change anything because it's normal that we don't always succeed. Especially in a game like that we're you proved you should've won every team can't get a miraculous w at the end every day.

Obviously the top corner shots are always the bling-bling shot but I prefer to shoot low/bottom right corner while on the left side feel like it's a good shot that works a lot. 

Right now i'm rewatching the Harry Potter movies, slowly, a bit every night but one day i'll get there. I'm currently close to the end of the 4th one the Goblet of fire. 

Don't really know what this is but i'll say Chicken fried chicken cause fried steak sounds weird