Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. I miss being able to play on the ice. It’ll be exciting play with my new team.

2. I am kind of excited to play for Calgary but also my dad is the GM so we’ll see how that goes.

3. The trades at the draft were probably what was exciting.

4. I’m terrible at cellying so my pose would probably be hands in the air. Something basic. 

5. yes

6. Some days yes. I could do a better job.

On 4/2/2023 at 8:12 AM, Tetricide said:

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending April 9, 2023

1. What's up, Wranglers! Another week of off-season shenanigans (which has actually been exciting for me) and hopefully we'll be comin' out swingin' for the start of Season 88! What does your player miss most right now?

2. All drafts have been completed! Our GM @Ricer13 drafted goalie Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123, forward Mason Rice @Sawyer13, and forward Robert Boldy @The Goblin.  Welcome, future prospects! How do you feel about our picks? Future prospects -- How excited are you to play for Calgary when your time comes?

3. Were there any other exciting picks from the VHL, E, or M?

4. Merchandising has decided to make a bobblehead for your player! First 500 lucky fans on opening night will receive one. How is your player posing?

5. Are Swedish Fish in Sweden just fish?

6. Do you stay properly hydrated throughout the day?

1. Mostly I miss the sims. Our locker room activity has been steady over the off-season, so I just want to be able to check the box scores every day to see how our team does.

2. I know Cow is a veteran user, and I'm not familiar with the other guys, but Calgary has a strong team culture to encourage activity and earning so I have absolute faith that they will all be good picks.

3. I barely pay attention to what our team did, I have absolutely no idea about the rest of the bigs or the minor leagues.

4. The classic hockey card pose, stick held horizontally behind the head, making the whole body into a bit of a flex pose.

5. Yes, but this doesn't change the fact that they are swedish.

6. I drink a lot of water. Unfiltered tap water. Love it. Can't get enough of it. Get it in me.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:12 AM, Tetricide said:

1. What's up, Wranglers! Another week of off-season shenanigans (which has actually been exciting for me) and hopefully we'll be comin' out swingin' for the start of Season 88! What does your player miss most right now?

2. All drafts have been completed! Our GM @Ricer13 drafted goalie Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123, forward Mason Rice @Sawyer13, and forward Robert Boldy @The Goblin.  Welcome, future prospects! How do you feel about our picks? Future prospects -- How excited are you to play for Calgary when your time comes?

4. Merchandising has decided to make a bobblehead for your player! First 500 lucky fans on opening night will receive one. How is your player posing?

1. Playing the game he loves. He is ready to get things going.

2. I think the picks were good. They are going to be the players of the future and help Calgary stay dominant for seasons to come.

3. No, I just kinda paid attention to what Calgary did.

4. The pose would be Larry in a skating stride.

5. Sure?

6. Not like I should. I need to do a better job.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, Tetricide said:

2. All drafts have been completed! Our GM  drafted goalie Merome Dilson , forward Mason Rice , and forward Robert Boldy .  Welcome, future prospects! How do you feel about our picks? Future prospects -- How excited are you to play for Calgary when your time comes?

1. While Lloyd is very happy to be a permanent roster member in Calgary after extending his contract he does miss travelling through Europe as part of the European league!

2. It's always exciting to have new faces arriving from the draft! Dilson comes from a recognizable player agency and I look forward to seeing how our new faces do!

3. I'm too excited about our own picks and seeing how they do! The drafts are the best moment of the season in my opinion but I really only focus on what impacts my team.

4. Lloyd would appear in front of a checkboard giving himself a checkmark for making a stellar defensive play of course!

5. No of course they would still be the gummy candy. They're too addictive!

6. Yep! Coffee in the morning to survive the day but plenty of water after that!

Week Ending April 16, 2023

1. What's up, Wranglers?! Season 88 started last week! How's that ice feel?

2. Did you submit your award predictions before the deadline? If so, how confident are you on them? 🤔

3. Our opening home game against the New York Americans was a tough one, ending in a 2-6 loss. In your head how were the fans' and players' reactions when the game ending buzzer sounded off?

4. I know it's the beginning of the season and it's way too early to tell anything, but where would you predict Calgary to be in the standings half-way through the season?

5. Happy Easter! Are you celebrating this holiday? If not, what are your Sunday plans?

6. Are you getting enough sleep?

2 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

2. Did you submit your award predictions before the deadline? If so, how confident are you on them? 🤔

3. Our opening home game against the New York Americans was a tough one, ending in a 2-6 loss. In your head how were the fans' and players' reactions when the game ending buzzer sounded off?

4. I know it's the beginning of the season and it's way too early to tell anything, but where would you predict Calgary to be in the standings half-way through the season?

5. Happy Easter! Are you celebrating this holiday? If not, what are your Sunday plans?

1. Cold, solid and slippery. Ricer needs to find out how we best function with the 6-3-2 setup, but I am sure we will get there.

2. I did, but being an absolute homer, I am very doubtful that I get a lot of points from that corner (historically speaking)

3. Our supporters are still on a high from our cup win and everyone knows that with a new season everything is reset again.

4. Top three in the NA conference is where I see us.

5. Not really celebrating, went to my dad's homestead in the mountains.

6. My schedule says yes, my body begs to differ.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tetricide said:

Ice felt right the rest felt wrong 

2. Did you submit your award predictions before the deadline?

YESSIR they’re pretty wrong I know it but we’ll see 

If so, how confident are you on them? 🤔

Absolutely not confident 

About half a dozen trees were burned in Calgary and 3 trash were burnt in the locker room 

I believe we will be 3rd in the North American conference 

I don’t really celebrate it I eat chocolate and that’s pretty much it 

honeslty no my sleep schedule is complete chaos I go to sleep at 4 am and wake up at 3pm or 6 am 

On 4/9/2023 at 1:10 PM, Tetricide said:

1. It felt good, been so ready for the season to start.

2. I did, Idk how to feel just got to hope that RNG treats me well.

3. Well obviously disappointed but we know and they know we will be back to full form in a week or two.

4. I think we will be in the same boat as last year, probably 2-3 in the conference

5. I do celebrate Easter. I spent time with family.

6. I would say I do. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tetricide said:

1. Lloyd is doing all right! Wasn't really expecting much from him this season as we're still building him up!

2. No, I did not submit. I don't pay enough attention anyways and I'm sure they would've been wildly wrong.

3. Very disappointing to start off with a loss after winning the championship. I expect that fans would be forgiving since it's the first game but the players would want more.

4. We'll definitely be on top of the league! There is too much talent on the team to keep us down.

5. We did have dinner last Sunday but the family all got covid from it and have been having a pretty miserable week since then.

6. Not at all for the reason above!

zfSa8GT.png

WHAT'S UP Wranglers?! I finally did the thing and made a graphic for these PCs I make. As nice and simple this one is (and I like it) I might end up making a new one sometime down the line...we'll see.

1. Congratulations to @vincentlg2007 on his promotion to GM for the Mississauga Hounds! Did any of you have a prediction of who would've been selected? 🤔

2. How many more times will teams get VLG'd this season? Will they ever learn?

3. Who's scoring the team's first hat trick?

4. What's the weirdest thing your player has seen Lindbergh do between the posts?

5. How would you rate my PC banner?

6. What's for breakfast?

Edited by Tetricide

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

zfSa8GT.png

WHAT'S UP Wranglers?! I finally did the thing and made a graphic for these PCs I make. As nice and simple this one is (and I like it) I might end up making a new one sometime down the line...we'll see.

1. Congratulations to @vincentlg2007 on his promotion to GM for the Mississauga Hounds! Did any of you have a prediction of who would've been selected? 🤔

4. What's the weirdest thing your player has seen Lindbergh do between the posts?

6. What's for breakfast?

1. I thought the competition was stiff, but always like it if a new name is given a chance.

2. All of them and I hope not.

3. Wolanin or Gonçalves would be my bet (and by saying that I probably gave it to Lindbergh)

4. Standing on his head, of course.

5. Simplistic yet very appealing.

6. Since I did not eat in the morning, technically I only broke my fast on lunch time and this means it was minced beef on a peppersauce with fries, carots and romanesco.

2 hours ago, Tetricide said:

6. What's for breakfast?

1. To be honest, it happened so fast that I didn't even get to make a prediction, but they made a fantastic hire. 

2. The VHL will not learn until it has been trampled under VLG's feet. He's really finding a groove and getting it done out there.

3. I feel like Landon Wolanin will get the first hatty and "break the seal," so to speak.

4. I like to wake up the posts with my stick before the period begins. If they're happy with me, they will send the puck back out and not into the net. Don't judge me, it's science.

5. It's simple, but clean. It gets the job done without being distracting. I like it.

6. Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets and a blueberry muffin from Wawa. 

7 hours ago, Tetricide said:

zfSa8GT.png

6. What's for breakfast?

1. Had no predictions, but as a Hounds alum, best of luck!

2. You fools! You're playing right into his hands!

3. Janser?

4. Skate to the bench for a fresh water bottle... while playing was live and the puck was in the other zone.

5. Love it, really classes up the place.

6. Eggs Benedict obviously. Unless it's GameDay, in which case oatmeal. Horses need oats.

Oh boy I already claimed this weeks PC but I need to fill this one so much

1-Well I hope I do well and i'm about to make an incredible agm hire to help me with that. I got a bit scared when I saw the likes of STZ, Tet, Zetterberg and Viper applying but at the end of the day the commish choose me and i'm pumped about it.

2-YOU DAMN WELL KNOW I'LL PUMP ALL THEM WEAK NETS. These fools have already learned but they know I can't be stopped so they gave up trying

3-My heart says me but It's obviously going to be one of the big guns and i'll bet on Janser

4-With all the things i've seen this guy do between the pipes the most surprising thing i saw was him convincing a bot that he was the teams GM in the middle of a game

5-I really love it it fits the purpose very well 8/10 

6- Took 2 waffles with nutella for morning cause i'm a big boy 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, Tetricide said:

zfSa8GT.png

6. What's for breakfast?

1. First off, well deserved! It happened so fast that I didn't even see who was in contention, so I had no prediction. 

2. Hopefully a bunch more times. I don't think teams will ever learn.

3. Well at the time of writing this, Leandro was the first to get it so I think the second person will be Landon.

4. I've seen him talk to his post. Most of the time it's about random topics that aren't hockey related.

5. It's nice and clean. Very good job!

6. Ceral. More specifically, Cheerios.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:02 AM, Tetricide said:

zfSa8GT.png

1. Congratulations to on his promotion to GM for the Mississauga Hounds! Did any of you have a prediction of who would've been selected? 🤔

6. What's for breakfast?

1. I didn't know there was a posting but congrats to the new GM! Hopefully some great things coming for the Hounds.

2. ALL OF THEM! We are unstoppable and it's nice to see the team performing well!

3. It's definitely going to be me. While Lloyd will be lucky to have three total goals it's definitely happening.

4. It's definitely his warmup for the game. Dancing around is quite odd but whatever works!

5. It's great! 10/10. I feel bas you'll have to edit and reupload every week for the new date though.

6. Breakfast was from Broadway's, a local chain. Breakfast poutine of home fries, sausage and bacon with hollandaise sauce covering it! 

8 hours ago, Toast said:

5. It's great! 10/10. I feel bas you'll have to edit and reupload every week for the new date though.

Thank you! :D The constant re-uploading is something I knew I'd have to deal with when making this, but the whole process now will be quick. I saved the original file in a way that editing the date will be simple. It's nothing, really. ;) 

50AlGxi.png

1. What's up, Wranglers?! We're on a TRAILBLAZIN' winstreak! As of game 289, we won NINE OF TEN games! Before the loss against Prague, we won EIGHT OF TEN! (Both losses against Helsinki) How are we feeling?!

2. As of this post, we're up to 3rd overall in the NA conference and 6th overall in the league! However, we're 7 to 9 points behind the other leaders in the league. With this momentum we have, how likely is it we'll be fighting for a top 3 spot in the next week?

3. It's theme week! This season's theme is retro! Anything brewing in that wonderful mind of yours for it?

4. It's also the deadline for any trades at the end of the week! Do you think anything crazy will go down for that?

5. Does your toilet paper roll unravel toward you (over) or away from you (under)?

6. What's the worst weather condition you've had to drive through (even as a passenger)?

Edited by Tetricide

2 hours ago, Tetricide said:

50AlGxi.png

1. What's up, Wranglers?! We're on a TRAILBLAZIN' winstreak! As of game 289, we won NINE OF TEN games! Before the loss against Prague, we won EIGHT OF TEN! (Both losses against Helsinki) How are we feeling?!

2. As of this post, we're up to 3rd overall in the NA conference and 6th overall in the league! However, we're 7 to 9 points behind the other leaders in the league. With this momentum we have, how likely is it we'll be fighting for a top 3 spot in the next week?

3. It's theme week! This season's theme is retro! Anything brewing in that wonderful mind of yours for it?

4. It's also the deadline for any trades at the end of the week! Do you think anything crazy will go down for that?

5. Does your toilet paper roll unravel toward you (over) or away from you (under)?

6. What's the worst weather condition you've had to drive through (even as a passenger)?

1. We feel at home. Calgary is such a bunch of good people I want to see them (and by proxy me) thrive.

2. Everything is possible. After a rocky start it looks like the scales are tipped back in our favour again.

3. I have already acted on it (which reminds me I need to claim it as well).

4. I do not know. I feel that every team is capped out and just to shuffle depth player around does seem a waste of energy.

5. Is that even a question? It is known that the only way to do it is over.

6. Pouring rain (with intermittent hail) with considerable side gales on the German Autobahn. The swipers could not keep up with the water coming down.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:38 PM, Tetricide said:

50AlGxi.png

1. Felling pretty good, still got work to do to catch up to the top teams.

2. The team has been rolling, I think we have a very good chance of catching up and being in the mix for top 3.

3. Try and complete a graphic.

4. You never know, anything can happen.

5. Over. The other way is just criminal.

6. In the winter when the roads are just pure ice and it's almost impossible to stop.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:38 PM, Tetricide said:

50AlGxi.png

1. It feels great! It was always on our minds during the rough stretch that we were a better team than what we were playing as, that we just needed to find our groove and get into our rhythm. We've done that, and now we're showing the league what we're capable of!

2. Oh, we will be. Playing the way we are means that we'll be gaining ground awfully fast.

3. I posted an article detailing the evolution of each of the original eight VHL teams' logos. Was really fun to research, and the community seems to have enjoyed it as well, which is always great to see. Knowing your work was enjoyed is almost better than the TPE you get!

4. I feel like any big moves would have happened by now, especially with how tight most teams are with the cap.

5. Whichever direction it is when I put it on the holder. I think I typically try to put it under, though.

6. Massive thunderstorm, where even the highest speed wipers were pretty much useless. Visibility was maybe a car length at best, and eventually we decided we just had to pull over and let it pass because it was so unsafe to continue on.

IK2gIG6.png

1. What's up, Wranglers?! Theme week is over. Did you have any favorites among the bunch?

2. The trade deadline has also passed! Were there any trades you saw that were surprising?

3. Where is your player's confidence level right now from our strong comeback?

4. Which hole against the goalie does your player love to go for? Goalies: which hole is your least favorite to defend?

5. Are you watching any Star Wars this month? (May the 4th be with you!)

6. What was your favorite game played growing up? Tabletop, video, and even physical (like tag/hide and seek) included here.

23 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

IK2gIG6.png

1. What's up, Wranglers?! Theme week is over. Did you have any favorites among the bunch?

2. The trade deadline has also passed! Were there any trades you saw that were surprising?

4. Which hole against the goalie does your player love to go for? Goalies: which hole is your least favorite to defend?

6. What was your favorite game played growing up? Tabletop, video, and even physical (like tag/hide and seek) included here.

1. I liked the bit about the logos of the original Eight franchises

2. Sakamoto being traded yet again was a surprise to me.

3. DJ is slacking in his production compared to the three previous seasons, but ultimately it is all about the team and there the confidence is still there.

4. All of them. Whichever is open at the moment he takes the shot.

5. Holy Yoda almost forgot about that. Maybe I will I have the original three as a DVD.

6. One of my favourites was HeroQuest / StarQuest. A tabletop RPG.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:40 AM, Tetricide said:

IK2gIG6.png

1. I didn't really look at anyone else's, so no.

2. I didn't pay attention to any trades.

3. It's pretty high, he's been producing at a good rate recently, but still thinks he has more to give.

4. he likes shooting five hole, it gives him joy every time he scores five hole.

5. No.

6. I really liked NHL slapshot on the Wii.