Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

image.png

PRESSER for week ending June 25th

1. How are you feeling about your players start to the season?

2. Would you consider yourself an active teammate or a quiet one? 

3. Calgary is off to their usual slow start, what could the GM do differently to help prevent these from happening?

4. This will be Daniel Jansers final season. What’s the over/under of him getting 90 points?

5. The Vegas Golden Knights have won the Stanley Cup, How do you feel about that?

6. Our AGM Otis just got home from Ireland. If you could go anywhere in the world right now for 7 days, where are you going?

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

3. Calgary is off to their usual slow start, what could the GM do differently to help prevent these from happening?

4. This will be Daniel Jansers final season. What’s the over/under of him getting 90 points?

5. The Vegas Golden Knights have won the Stanley Cup, How do you feel about that?

6. Our AGM Otis just got home from Ireland. If you could go anywhere in the world right now for 7 days, where are you going?

1. He hasn't got to the best start in the VHLE. That being said Vasteras is a young team so it's not the most surprising thing.

2. I am more of a quite team that can be excited when good thing happens.

3. Try some more line changes. If that fails curse Simon

4. I am over on Daniel getting getting 90

5. I feel like this is good for hockey. If only they would fix the Coyotes.

6. So many places that I would love to visit. I have to say around the Alps. France, Germany or Italy would be cool to visit 

Not great, I was hoping I would jump out of the gate strong like I did last season, but that is not the case.

I think my activity level in a LR is reflective of how active the LR is, the more that is going on the more I end up talking.

I duno, its hard because line chemistry is a very real thing, and its hard to tell what is going to work when things change every season.

I think he will for sure get 90 points.

I have no real opinion on it.  Its cool to see a fairly new franchise win the cup.  Canucks fans in absolute shambles.

I'm honestly not a big traveler, just somewhere peaceful but with internet access I guess. 

1. How are you feeling about your players start to the season? I think he's doing well so far. Named an assistant captain I think, scored some goals I believe, huge penis. Pretty pretty good

2. Would you consider yourself an active teammate or a quiet one? Quiet but set that expectation early and think I have the right management in place to still maximize me

3. Calgary is off to their usual slow start, what could the GM do differently to help prevent these from happening? More testing in the preseason. Come on guys. 

4. This will be Daniel Jansers final season. What’s the over/under of him getting 90 points? Over. Sad that it's his last season.

5. The Vegas Golden Knights have won the Stanley Cup, How do you feel about that? Lot of publicity right now, good on them, well deserved. Really cool backstory on them.

6. Our AGM Otis just got home from Ireland. If you could go anywhere in the world right now for 7 days, where are you going? New Zealand probably, although Maldives sounds heavenly. As it stands, will be going to the mountains for a month in July anyway which is pretty damn special to me.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. It's been decent, especially defensively, but hasn't quite taken off offensively like he was expected to. Still going well though!

2. Definitely an active presence in the locker room, as I feel that is absolutely vital to having fun in this league. 

3. It's tradition, always seems to happen. However, it doesn't seem like it's as sluggish a start as usual, so maybe the team has figured something out. 

4. With the way he's playing, I feel like that's very possible. He'll get it done. 

5. It definitely wasn't handed to them like people seem to believe. They made a lot of smart moves to get to where they are now, and it is a 100% deserved victory. 

6. I think it would have to be Germany during Oktoberfest, no doubt about it. Munich in particular looks like an incredible place to experience that. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:34 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Feeling very good, looking for that repeat and I couldn't have more faith on my teammates

2. I'm more of a quiet one but become active in the best times such as playoffs and cups

3. I believe we just have to trust the process, play our best hockey and the GM can drink a gin tonic and chill, everything will go as planned

4. All my chips on OVER

5. Not too much of an IRL hockey fan, but I wish Florida had won it

6. I'm going to some type of tropical island in the carribean

On 6/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Pretty good, Rip is getting some quality playing time and even got his first goal of the season recently! I’ll be happy if he continues to progress and helps out the club in any way he can.

2) trying to be more active on discord and with TPE opportunities. Working on it!

3) I think we’re looking pretty good…even the losses have been close games…I think we’re definitely trending in the right direction!

4) over! Janser is a total stud! 
5) Yuck! Lol 

6) I think Italy to visit wine country and eat all the amazing food would be an awesome trip!

On 6/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Doing good so far! It seems Lloyd isn't half bad at filling the gaps on defense on the second pairing.
2. Absolutely a quiet one. VHL is a side league for me so the most I do is keep my player alive. 
3. Play Lloyd on every line to confuse the opponent and then we'll surprise them. 
4. Over. He has been fantastic through his career and I'm sure he'll hit the over.
5. Indifferent. I didn't really care for the playoffs this season and the Knights are fine. Must've been quite the celebration!

6. I just got back from 14 days in Europe so I'll be thrilled to spend the next 7 days in bed. 

image.png

Presser for week ending July 2 2023

1. The Wranglers are rolling! Sitting near the top of the standings yet again. Is the team performing to expectation or are we over achieving?

2. Are there any other teams that surprising you good or bad in the standings? (For prospects you can refer to your current league VHLE or VHLM)

3. The team is going on a group vacation for the weekend! Where is our destination and what activities are we doing?

4. AirRig GoodBrandSun has a few too many drinks during our vacation and shows up to practice not his 100 percent self. How does the coach respond to this?!

5. Rock, paper, scissors! What’s your go to starting move?! On the second move do you repeat or switch it up?

6. The NHL Draft is this week, who do you want to see drafted by your favourite team?!

1. The Wranglers are rolling! Sitting near the top of the standings yet again. Is the team performing to expectation or are we over achieving? we expect to win every night so it's not overachieving, it's simply achieving.

2. Are there any other teams that surprising you good or bad in the standings? (For prospects you can refer to your current league VHLE or VHLM) i'm focused on where we are, and blocking out the rest of the noise. i'll focus on the standings once we have playoff seeds.

3. The team is going on a group vacation for the weekend! Where is our destination and what activities are we doing? grand cayman for beach beverages and fun

4. AirRig GoodBrandSun has a few too many drinks during our vacation and shows up to practice not his 100 percent self. How does the coach respond to this?! we're all running hockey suicides, unfortunately. puking is guaranteed

5. Rock, paper, scissors! What’s your go to starting move?! On the second move do you repeat or switch it up? paper and always switching

6. The NHL Draft is this week, who do you want to see drafted by your favourite team?! honeslty i have no clue who's eligible and who my team is targeting. Hockey in the offseason needs a major upgrade to get on the level of NBA and NFL.

6 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. The Wranglers are rolling! Sitting near the top of the standings yet again. Is the team performing to expectation or are we over achieving?

2. Are there any other teams that surprising you good or bad in the standings? (For prospects you can refer to your current league VHLE or VHLM)

3. The team is going on a group vacation for the weekend! Where is our destination and what activities are we doing?

4. AirRig GoodBrandSun has a few too many drinks during our vacation and shows up to practice not his 100 percent self. How does the coach respond to this?!

5. Rock, paper, scissors! What’s your go to starting move?! On the second move do you repeat or switch it up?

6. The NHL Draft is this week, who do you want to see drafted by your favourite team?!

1. I did not expect anything else with this wonderful group of people.

2. Frankly, outside Prague (which seem to be performing within their tier) I have not paid much attention to other teams prognosis.

3. To Mississauga and go on a fishing expedition of Kurt Janser's yacht.

4. He simply hopes that seeing double makes AG hit at least one of the two goals in front of him.

5. I do not follow a strategy to be honest. I decide at a whim.

6. Bedard to the Penguins (and I do not care that it is impossible).

35 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Definitely doesn't feel like an abnormal performance. You never know the true value of goaltending until suddenly its your only concern, so hopefully we don't see that this season.
2. Nice to see DCD in a good spot, but strange to see LAS tumble.
3. Lets go to Nova Scotia! I want fresh seafood!!!
4. Sit him at a computer until he can write enough 500 word articles for every week of his career.
5. Scissors, if I'm feeling crazy I'll do rock.
6. I become a fan of whoever has the best draft every draft.

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. It sounds about right given the level of players we have.

2. I knew that the Iron Eagles would have a rough start to the season but I didn't think it would be as bad as it has been.

3. Why don't we head to the mountains. Spend some time outdoors and chill.

4. Scratch him for the next game for being irresponsible with his drink.

5. Like I am gonna tell the my secret winning strategy.

6. The Penguin needs prospects now and lots of them.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

i feel like we’re playing pretty much as I expected 

Wouldn’t say anyone is surprising me except for Davos, expected them to be good but not that good 

our team is going on a submarine to visit the titanic ! 

We got some hardcore coach in here who like old school ways so one belt hit for every oz of alcohol taken 

Rock, paper 

i wanted the Habs to pick the one of bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, smith or michkov that remained… didn’t go that way. For the rest, I want the Habs to draft either Hrabal or Augustine and Gauthier 

image.png

Definitely not overachieving. We have some of the best forwards in the league. Also a couple of our defensemen aren't bad hah!

Seattle are always hanging around. They need to suck for a bit. Would love to see New York finally start to be a dominant force. 

The Bahamas to sweat and workout, day drink and party, train and play golf. Come back refreshed and tanned and ready to kick ass.

He yells, screams, throws shit across the room, benches him, and threatens to put him on waivers if he keeps this up. 

Depends on my opponent. I play the man, not the game.

Connor. Didn't happen. Was never going to lol

On 6/26/2023 at 5:52 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Definitely performing to expectation. Calgary is a great club and I’m lucky to be a part of it. 
2) Havent had a chance to look into how the other teams are doing 

3) Vegas! Gambling, drinking, partying it up! 
4) line drill until we all puke. 
5) Rock, repeat. 
6) Kraken seemed to draft some solid prospects…looking forward to free agency!

image.png

1. Performing to expectations! We knew we had the talent to complete and for Janser's last lap we are giving it everything we've got. 

2. Helsinki has the talent to not be at the bottom of the league but it just seems that things aren't clicking. In Ricer and Tina I trust though. 

3. It's nice to get a break during the season to bond! The team went for a nice two day adventure at Disneyland in California.

4. We tried to stop Goofy and AirRig from their shots challenge but it couldn't be interfered with. We taped a picture of the victorious Goofy standing over AirRig to the bench so it fuels AirRig with anger and determination to be better than Goofy. 

5. Always start with scissors and keep solid eye contact. Put fear into their soul and never give up on scissors. 

6. Sens are my team so no first rounder this go! Would love to see some off-season moves at any point though. Over paying a gamble goalie is an Ottawa classic I guess. 

image.png

Wranglers Presser for week ending July 9th 2023

1: It’s Theme Week! If you were Commish of the VHL for a day, what changes would you make to the league?!

2: What job would you like to have in this league?! (ie. GM, Commie, Updater, Moderator, etc.)

3. Your player is looking for a change of scenery! What team in your current league would you want to be traded too?

4. Which point tasks do you find is too difficult to do?! Is it worth the amount of tpe offered to do it?

5. It was a busy week in the NHL with the draft, free agency, etc. Overall, how would you say your favourite team did? Highlight some key moments.

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1: It’s Theme Week! If you were Commish of the VHL for a day, what changes would you make to the league?!

2: What job would you like to have in this league?! (ie. GM, Commie, Updater, Moderator, etc.)

3. Your player is looking for a change of scenery! What team in your current league would you want to be traded too?

4. Which point tasks do you find is too difficult to do?! Is it worth the amount of tpe offered to do it?

5. It was a busy week in the NHL with the draft, free agency, etc. Overall, how would you say your favourite team did? Highlight some key moments.

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1. I would make so many changes, mostly to the VHLE. To hear more about those, you must read the article I am currently planning.

2. I would like to be a GM when I am ready for it. I like my current job very much.

3. If my player needed a change that badly, London probably would be the best fit for him.

4. I can't do graphics. I would love to be able make cool designs. My table is limited and I simply lack the knowledge. 

5. I say  the Penguins have done well in this soft rebuild. Nieto and Eller are solid guys. Ryan Graves is a big add on the blue line and  Nedeljkovic should be a good pickup if he bounce back.

6. I typically go for the traditional PB&J not that I am against Nutella.

1: It’s Theme Week! If you were Commish of the VHL for a day, what changes would you make to the league?! I'd make a lottery system per class/year each season that automatically spot-bonuses players so that linear progression isn't the only way for people to grow in the league, which isn't how it is IRL. Some rookies should blow up, 2nd, 3rd years, etc. Make these percentages low and also not required so there could be seasons when no player 'blows up'

2: What job would you like to have in this league?! (ie. GM, Commie, Updater, Moderator, etc.) None of the above (except maybe Moderator)

3. Your player is looking for a change of scenery! What team in your current league would you want to be traded too? London? I honestly don't know many of the teams here TBH other than the ones I'm on and try to do well on.

4. Which point tasks do you find is too difficult to do?! Is it worth the amount of tpe offered to do it? None, they're all pretty straightforward given I don't do most of them. 

5. It was a busy week in the NHL with the draft, free agency, etc. Overall, how would you say your favourite team did? Highlight some key moments. Caps seemingly did fine, interesting stuff happened at the top, good on secondary leagues like NHL and MLB to put a little more 'oomph' in their drafts.

6. Nutella or PB & J!? PB&J.

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1. I would implement the VHLA (VHL Africa) for the 400-600 range, just to piss off all the VHLE nay-sayers.

2. None at the moment, I just do not find the time for it (and I am not really a leader either)

3. I doubt that somebody would trade for old man Janser. But I would go to Moscow, so I have already an excuse why I did not win the cup in my final year.

4. I cannot do graphics to save my life, but people more savvy in PS keep telling it is easy TPE.

5. I have not really followed the offseason. The Pens have not made big waves in the draft or the FA (at least as far as I know) and their core around Malkin/Crosby reach expiry date.

6. Neither. Not fond of the two choices, I prefer jam or honey.

On 7/3/2023 at 7:31 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1) I would ban two players, Jake Thunder and Brian Payne…that’s it, everything else is great! 
2) Just trying to get Rip to contribute daily has been a tough enough challenge! Haha 

3) Once a Wrangler, Always a Wrangler! 
4) Writing up 500 word articles is a challenge some weeks with my busy work and home life. 
5) Kraken had a solid draft, I like the Kailer Yamamoto signing…hoping Vince Dunn signs a long extension! 
6) PB and J Allllllll day long!

On 7/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, Ricer13 said:

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1. I have outlined my changes here, but for VHL-specific changes, I would try to make more concrete guidelines discouraging tanking and promoting better competition.

2. The job I enjoyed the most was VHLM GM, but I need to have the right amount of free time in order to do the job properly. Doing it half-assed isn't enjoyable to me at all.

3. If I had to be traded in the VHLM, I think I'd want to go somewhere I haven't played before, and there are quite a few options there.

4. The biography is the only one that I feel is a ton of work, and even then it's entirely optional. It's also possible that my style preference of having correct details plays into that as well.

5. The Flyers had a big week for sure. Getting Michkov at seventh overall was the defining moment of this decade for the franchise, and I felt we had a really strong draft after that as well.

6. I'm not really a fan of either to be honest, but if I had to pick one, Nutella.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

1. Theme week is a cool idea! If I were Commish for a day I would run a lottery where one lucky player gets an extra 1000 TPE to be the "McDavid" of the league.

2. I've done a lot of jobs for VHL over the years but I think I'd be most interested in giving GMing another shot.

3. I'd want to go to one that the Toast agency of players has yet to play for. There are tons of recent expansion teams I'd be interested in.

4. I have no energy to write 500 words a week for media when I can just claim pension for 5TPE. If I could get my max capped TPE per week for one article I may consider it.

5. Ottawa just traded DeBrincat which has been all the drama. I think the return is decent considering the situation. Hopefully they sign someone to fill the top 6 again!

6. Definitely PB&J sandwiches! 

My change would be resigning from being a Commish.

I would like to have none of the jobs to be perfectly honest. 

Well I would...hey wait a minute, are you trying to bait me into some kind of tampering thing?

As is well known I am not a major point task doer.  I don't have the skills for graphics and struggle to crank out those 500 words.  For podcasts it just find it hard to talk about VHL stuff that long.

I guess I'm a fake fan, because I haven't really kept up.  I assume the Avalanche did very well.

6. Nutella or PB & J!?

Nutella is fine but I can't have too much of it so I am going to go with PB&J.