Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 7/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Calgary Presser week ending August 6 2023

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction?

2. Of the four teams remaining, who would you like to see win the cup?

3. Daniel Janser has retired. First ballot hall of famer?!?

4. Which prospect in the Wranglers system has the brightest future?

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?!

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1. I will blindly follow Ricer until the end of time. 

2. I suppose probably the Wolves, because I like wolves. 

3. I don't know the first thing about him but I'm going to go ahead and say absolutely, yes. 

4. Probably Joe Block because he is me. 

5. Being stranded in the ocean would probably be scarier. 

6. Dogs because cats are horrid and vile. 

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction? I'm not sure what direction we're going in because I'm new, but whatever our GM wants to do, I'm in for it!!

2. Of the four teams remaining, who would you like to see win the cup? None of them. If it ain't us, it ain't no one.

3. Daniel Janser has retired. First ballot hall of famer?!? First ballot Hall of Famer and first class dude at that. Big fan.

4. Which prospect in the Wranglers system has the brightest future? I'd hope Steve Lattimer! I want to make the Wranglers proud and honor my old VHLE team at the same time, Istanbul.

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?! Depends on where the plane crashed?

6. Cats or dogs? Why? Both. Living Together. But I have 3 dogs so maybe my actions say one thing, words say another.

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction?

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?!

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1. With a lot of aging players and the heart of the Wranglers, Daniel Janser, retiring, it makes sense for a re-tool of sorts now. There are still young pieces to build around, but it's about the ultimate goal in the end, and Rice knows what it takes to get there. 

2. I really want to see Davos break the curse. It's time for the Dynamo to lift the cup again!

3. Without a doubt, and it should be a unanimous decision as well. 

4. I feel like Fradin McGryer has potential to be an elite defenseman in the VHL, and is a huge building block for both Calgary and Merome Dilson to grow with. 

5. Being stranded in the ocean for two weeks. Being in open water, with nothing but the unknown around you for two weeks... that's hell. If you survive a plane crash, the authorities will find you real fast. Being stuck in open water with no supplies, the elements beating down on you all day, and the darkness at night... the hell with that. 

6. I love both, but being allergic to cats, it makes the decision easy. 

Thought I would give another team's presser a shot.

Well of course! I have been privileged to be able to ask him questions about his decisions, and to learn alot in the process.

Kind of unfair on this one, but since I cant go wrong with Davos, will go with them.

Yes, I can see very easily that no only has he been a force to be reckoned with on the ice, but he has been one hell of a teammate.

I think all of them are going to have great careers, but I think RW Shubham Anand seems to be trending upward and once he hits the ice in a Wrangler jersey will make an immediate impact.

I was a US Air Force firefighter for over 9 years, so I saw first-hand the trauma of plane crashes. So, knowing that I would be rescued, I would choose being stranded. But yea, not a fan of either, lol.

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

I have both. We currently have 1 dog, 1 cat (14 years old) and 2 kittens (5 month-old brother and sister). I think both offer me support and pleasure. So to be honest, cant really chose one over the other.

image.png

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1. All good things have to come to an end! I'd support whatever decision the team makes.
2. Well I'm slow to respond as always so we already know Davos broke their drought! Congrats to them and Ahma.

3. Absolutely. Couldn't have asked for a bigger star for the Wranglers. 

4. I think Will is going to be a fantastic pick when looking back on his career. Solid earning and involved with the squad. 

5. Being in the ocean. I'm not fond of water so I'd probably succumb to the stress before being found. Plane crash is horrible too but hopefully would be a faster end :|

6. Kitters! I have two mini schnauzers and a big ol gray tabby who I've had for the past 10 years. I'm a sucker for him

On 7/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1) I agree. I’d run through a brick wall for Ricer! Excited for the new season! 
2) Vancouver, wanna see that mope Scurvy win one! But, it’s too late and he’s out of it as well! Lol 

3) 100% total class act and stud all the way around! 
4) Rip! Lol 

5) Middle of the ocean…too long to wait and not know if you’ll ever be found! 
6) Dogs all day…mans best friend…cats are evil! Lol 

image.png

CGY Presser for week ending August 13th 2023

1. Change has come in CGY, Thoughts on the VLG trade to DC?

2. Leandro was traded to Seattle, thoughts on that deal?

3. A few more names are rumoured to be on the move, who’s next?!

4. Rookies are taking over the team for S90, with SOME veteran presence. Who’s going to have a breakout rookie season?

5. Have you ever flown in a plane? If not, would you? Any scary flying moments?

6. Who should the Wranglers select with their recently acquired S90 8th OA pick?

26 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

4. Rookies are taking over the team for S90, with SOME veteran presence. Who’s going to have a breakout rookie season?

6. Who should the Wranglers select with their recently acquired S90 8th OA pick?

1. I hard as it is to see a veteran like VLG go. A top 10 pick will go a long way to helping the rebuild along. Other two futures should help as well.

2. Zach should be a solid prospect if he is active. The S91 1st is likely the biggest part of this deal.

3. AirRig GoodBrandSun and Woolian are probably next after that who knows.

4. Fradin McGryer is a great defender and will have a breakout season. 

5. I have for the first time recently. I actually enjoyed it. 

6. I project Severus Targaryen and Raimo Tuominen to be available around that pick. Either one would be a great pick up.

1. Change has come in CGY, Thoughts on the VLG trade to DC? I didnt have the pleasure of working with VLG but wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

2. Leandro was traded to Seattle, thoughts on that deal? Sad to see players move on but understand if it's for the good of the team.

3. A few more names are rumoured to be on the move, who’s next?! Who are these names???? Am I on that list?

4. Rookies are taking over the team for S90, with SOME veteran presence. Who’s going to have a breakout rookie season? I certainly hope I can step up and fill the big, vacated shoes left behind.

5. Have you ever flown in a plane? If not, would you? Any scary flying moments? Countless times, a few scary moments but it's a good way to travel.

6. Who should the Wranglers select with their recently acquired S90 8th OA pick? I couldn't tell you. Someone who will earn.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:13 AM, Ricer13 said:

1. I was surprised, as I thought VLG would be a piece to build around, but hard to argue with the return. Could potentially get two pieces for the future with this move.

2. Seattle, really? At least Calgary got a first, which is pretty good for a player about to retire. That's as much as you can expect. 

3. I would have said AirRig GoodBrandSun, but he's already been moved!

4. Fradin McGryer has really strong potential to make a difference from the blue line, I think the VHL will know the name by season's end. 

5. I've flown a couple times, no major issues at all, thankfully. The airport is usually more of an annoyance than the flight itself. 

6. I don't think Calgary should be committed to a particular position, as it's the beginning of a rebuild. Find the right individual, with the most commitment and potential, and make them a building block. 

image.png

1. Haven't been around long but I know VLG was a big part of the team. It's a tough move but I'm sure it will pay off going forward. 

2. Again a tough move but the return should pay off. 

3. I try to ignore rumors, no need to stress over potentially nothing. 

4. Fradin McGryer will have a breakout season. 

5. I have flown in a float plane once and commercially only once as well. Nothing scary ever happened but it did make me nervous. 

6. I won't even pretend like I know who's available in upcoming drafts, but you drafted me so you obviously know what you're doing! 

image.png.8300dda6ab74079b682ade2ba65ef91b.png

CGY Presser Week Ending August 20th 2023

1. Our GM has made some solid moves and signings over the off-season. How do you feel our GM has done this off season? Anything you would’ve done?

2. What are you most excited about for this upcoming season and hoping to achieve?

3. Were there any areas you wanted to improve over this off season? If so, what was it and what did you do to improve it? 

4. What is your prediction for Calgary this season? Where do you see us placing and how we’ll do?

5. Summer is coming to an end!! Did you do anything exciting over the summer in the real world? 

6. If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? Why there? 

On 8/8/2023 at 6:13 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) man, mixed emotions…hate to see him go for sure…legend in the making…but trust Ricer and trust the process.

2) another tough one! Leaaaannnndro! Total stud, lucky to lace em up with him. Wish him the best. But, I am excited for the future!

3) hopefully not Rip! The Yellowstone, wranglers vibe is tooooo good! Lol 

4) definitely a good young crop of talent! Any one could jump right in to make an impact!

5) Flown a decent amount…never any scary moments…but every time it takes off…it’s like radical acceptance…if it’s my time to go…it’s my time. 
6) in Ricer we trust! And I think the draft was today! Lol 

5 hours ago, Keegan Gamble said:

1. Our GM has made some solid moves and signings over the off-season. How do you feel our GM has done this off season? Anything you would’ve done?

2. What are you most excited about for this upcoming season and hoping to achieve?

3. Were there any areas you wanted to improve over this off season? If so, what was it and what did you do to improve it? 

4. What is your prediction for Calgary this season? Where do you see us placing and how we’ll do?

5. Summer is coming to an end!! Did you do anything exciting over the summer in the real world? 

6. If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? Why there? 

1. A rebuild is never a fun part of game. That being said Ricer has done a good job kicking off this new era by getting good value for old veterans and building solid draft capital for futuresuccess.

2. I get to be a leader in a team I have technical played for twice.

3. I just want to build up my TPE to be ready for the next level.

4. The first year of a rebuild is always the hardest. This year will not be a good one.

5. Nothing special. Just running around like normal.

6. There are so many places I would love to go for a week. Some place deeply personal would be Austria.  🇦🇹  My dad studied their as a young man and both my brother and myself would like to take him back to a place where he has fond memories.

image.png

Taking this opportunity to say farewell to the Calgary media! :(

1. Once decided on the retooling, it took no time for the Wranglers to get to work. I think the return was worthwhile and I understand pulling the trigger. 
2. Seattle always seems to be a buyer whenever I'm paying attention to the other teams. I'm sure this one took no time at all to negotiate with how active the GMs are.
3. It was me!! Obviously I gave Ricer my blessing to do what was best for the team and going back to Helsinki seems to be a great opportunity for Lloyd to wrap up his career. 

4. Really looking forward to seeing the new generation of the Wranglers! Since I've got the royalty role in the server for whatever reason I'll be following along but don't want to jinx anyone's season!
5. Yeppers. Nothing scary thankfully but the delays and crowding of the airports is a nightmare. Thoughts are with all the tourists who were in Hawaii for these awful Maui fires and all of the affected locals as well. Terrible news. 

6. Me? I have no idea who is in this class. I could just go check but I'm sure Calgary is thrilled that I'm going to stop talking. Good luck Wranglers!

11 hours ago, Keegan Gamble said:

1. I was surprised about the scale of it. On the other if you have to go through a rebuild, you can as well rip off the Band and and do it right.

2. I am looking forward to the M draft and where c.g.y. will Land.

3. I already have a plan and follow it. Callum is a defensive behemoth with little to no effect on the offensive side, just like intended.

4. Probably at the bottom of the conference. I fear the playoff steak one of the longest in league history comes to an end.

5. We Went two weeks to Denmark for holidays.

6. I am not a big travelling person but irland and scotland somehow intrigue me.

On 8/13/2023 at 4:42 PM, Keegan Gamble said:

1. Committing to a rebuild can be a difficult thing to do so I think he has shown an important ability that he has to make tough decisions.

2. I'm excited to see how my player performs in the E and I'm hoping to see Vasteras make a run for the championship. 

3. I was excited to leave the M this off season and be able to apply all of the TPE I've been banking. I've been focusing mostly on increasing my Defense rating. 

4. With the rebuild in effect, Calgary will probably hang around the bottom of the standings but I'm sure it will be fun for younger players to get ice time. 

5. I had a pretty tame summer. I pretty much just worked a lot. 

6. There are plenty of places in the world I'd like to go to see and photograph different kinds of birds, but in particular I'd like to go to New Zealand.

1. Our GM has made some solid moves and signings over the off-season. How do you feel our GM has done this off season? Anything you would’ve done? Man seems like a flurry of activity and i don't know what the hell it means. But i trust we in good hands.

2. What are you most excited about for this upcoming season and hoping to achieve? Being in the bigs. Time to make all the hard work pay off at the top.

3. Were there any areas you wanted to improve over this off season? If so, what was it and what did you do to improve it?  Coach had me improving offensive skillset and being more rounded. Whatever they need, I do.

4. What is your prediction for Calgary this season? Where do you see us placing and how we’ll do? Champions. No two ways around it.

5. Summer is coming to an end!! Did you do anything exciting over the summer in the real world? Nope, awful, awful summer on a personal level. Hell, re-binging The Wire might have been the highlight among lowlights.

6. If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? Why there? Maldives probably, just because it looks baller and it may not exist in a couple decades.

On 8/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, Keegan Gamble said:

1) I think he killed it. Made moves that had to be made to keep the Wranglers competitive while getting younger in the process. 
2) another chance to be consistent with TPE and have Rip contribute more on the ice. 
3) same as question 2…feel like I’ve done better. 
4) I think another deep playoff run is the expectation, with a championship as the goal!

5) just some weekend trips with my daughters, lots of fun and lots of sun!

6) Italy! Love to eat the food and drink the fine wine! Haha 

CGY Presser Week Ending August 27th 2023

1. The season is only a few days away! Which wrangler will have the hottest start?

2. What team do you think is going to be our biggest rival this season?

3. VERY EARLY/before season prediction. Who do you think is going to take home the championship this year?

4. What kind of style does your player play? I.E; Playmaker, Sniper, Goon (Fradin) etc.. 

5. If you could change one rule about hockey, what would it be?

6. Everyone's got to have some sort of pre-game routine, what's yours?

14 hours ago, Keegan Gamble said:

1. The season is only a few days away! Which wrangler will have the hottest start?

3. VERY EARLY/before season prediction. Who do you think is going to take home the championship this year?

4. What kind of style does your player play? I.E; Playmaker, Sniper, Goon (Fradin) etc.. 

1.  Phil Strasmore is simply the best player on the team. He will have a very quick start.

2. I have to go with the LA Stars. Both teams are in a rebuilding phase, so the games should be competitive.

3. I am going to sound crazy for saying this. It is Toronto's year.

4. He is a true two way foward. Scoring, passing, and defence are all part of my game.

5. Make diving a game misconduct

6. Some the Shubham has done since his AIHLI days is a little puja ceremony in the locker room. This includes carefully lighting a candle in front of picture of a diety both of which is in the top of his locker and quietly chanting a prayer or singing a hym. It is calming.

1. The season is only a few days away! Which wrangler will have the hottest start? Let's go with Phil Strasmore but I hope I have a hot start because I want to help the team win and achieve all of its goals

2. What team do you think is going to be our biggest rival this season? Let's go with London? I don't know anything about them but I'll easily just start hating him

3. VERY EARLY/before season prediction. Who do you think is going to take home the championship this year? I think we're going to make a run. It'll come from nowhere. People won't expect it. But then we will rise.

4. What kind of style does your player play? I.E; Playmaker, Sniper, Goon (Fradin) etc.. I'd love to be a playmaker. It's all about the team, and in doing so, gaining individual achievement.

5. If you could change one rule about hockey, what would it be? Not sure to be honest, it's a pretty great sport. Icing?

6. Everyone's got to have some sort of pre-game routine, what's yours? I don't eat much before a game, like to play on a light stomach. Listen to music. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:08 PM, Will3 said:

6. Some the Shubham has done since his AIHLI days is a little puja ceremony in the locker room. This includes carefully lighting a candle in front of picture of a diety both of which is in the top of his locker and quietly chanting a prayer or singing a hym. It is calming.

I am getting Serrano vibes here ('Major League') waking up Yobu.

On 8/20/2023 at 9:51 PM, Keegan Gamble said:

1) Fradin! The rookie is gonna start strong out of the gate! 
2) Vancouver and the “Lame Train” Brian Payne! 
3) I might be a homer, but the Wranglers are gonna shock the world! Let’s gooo! 
4) Hoping power forward, hits and makes plays…got a few decent games checking wise…hopefully the points come soon to help the club!

5) Make Fighting Great Again! Less emphasis on phasing it out! Let’s get back to old school hockey!! 
6) Couple Zyn 6s and a shot of fireball! Well that’s what Ol Rip Wheeler does! Haha 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:51 AM, Keegan Gamble said:

1. Do prospects count? I anticipate a fast start for myself in the E, I'm playing big minutes on a very solid roster. 

2. Considering the rebuild and how the season is projected to go, Calgary probably won't be all that competetive so the biggest rival will probably just be whoever else is fighting at the bottom of the standings. 

3. I'm going to go with Seattle. 

4. I'd say my player is a good two-way defenseman, scoring a decent amount and throwing the body around as well on D. 

5. I don't necessarily think it would improve the game but I'd change offsides to soccer rules instead of having to watch the blueline just to see what happens. 

6. Appies and nappies ferda