Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 3/20/2024 at 3:12 PM, leandrofg said:

image.png.2e081f98548623d4c2567b789b7364

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

--

1. We're about to start Season 93. How was your off-season?

2. How are you feeling about the new season?

3. The team went through deep changes. How do you feel about the team's activity in the offseason?

4. The team had a great draft. How do you feel about this class?

5. What's your personal goal for the season?

6. If you could only eat one type of sandwich for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?

--

Player Ping

1. I had a good off-season. It was good to see how Raimo could stack up in both the World Championships and Pro-Am... Raimo was definitely more consistent in the Pro-Am ^^;

2. I am feeling cautiously optimistic. I believe that we have a great core and that we can come back with a vengeance. Lots of changes and I am excited to see how this goes.

3. Felt good. Cool to get Stauff, Rage, Toms, and others in the off-season and now we can come out and see what we can do with these new lines! Great to see Toms back together with Raimo.

4. Very excited. The Wranglers are building up a great future to go along with the present. Good to see that we can still build up futures while pushing to compete.

5. 20 goals in the regular season or more. If not 20 goals, then at least a 70+ point season. Raimo needs to break out eventually, he's no longer a rookie.

6. Probably a good old BLT. Can't beat it and I don't think I'd ever get tired of it.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:12 PM, leandrofg said:

--

3. The team went through deep changes. How do you feel about the team's activity in the offseason?

6. If you could only eat one type of sandwich for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?

--

Player Ping

1A) Offseason was great, was finally able to make some more time for player development

2A) New season, New team, New opportunities!

3A) Its always a big change losing major pieces but i think we made some good adjustments

4A) I dont really follow drafts but i do know there was some big recreates so that’ll be interesting watching them come up through the system

5A) I would like to be in the top 10 in atleast 1 stat. Its not gonna be points but i would like a breakout season in some form

6A) Probably some form of smoked meat sandwhich. Im a slut for smoked meat!

On 3/20/2024 at 2:12 PM, leandrofg said:

--

--

Player Ping

1. Great! Got drafted, twice. Lots of training and growth.

2. Ready to go, it's going to be interesting

3. Heading in the right direction

4. It's a heavy draft, no superstar, but lots of good potential

5. Growth. 2 years away from 2 years away

6. Is hotdog a sandwich? I like my cheese and egg sandwich.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:12 PM, leandrofg said:

--

--

Player Ping

1. It was nice and uneventful. 

2. I feel good, excited to see how we perform this season. 

3. I think we made some solid moves, sometimes you have to shake things up a bit to improve the team. 

4. The future's looking bright.

5. Keep slowly improving and contribute to our season however I can. 

6. Meatball sub without a doubt. Can't beat it. 

--

good! Feeling pumped about the start of the season. It’s my last one so I have to make it count!!

oh, I kind of answers this backwards. Feeling good! Spent the off-season really fighting off depreciation and I think I did a pretty good job of it!

lots of changes indeed. The moves are pretty strategic, as it allows us to stay competitive while also setting us up for the future. 

didn’t look into it deeply. Definitely grabbed a couple of key pieces to carry the franchise forward though.

career highs in some stat lines. Preferably assists and shots blocked 

pastrami on rye. Because delicious 

1. Strasmore is now all time leader in regular season hits for the Wranglers. What do you want to tell the Calgary die hard.

2. Davos and LA seem to take an early bye to the Playoffs. Which teams do you think will also suffer from an early off-season?

3. If Strasmore was a cocktail, what cocktail would he be? Elaborate your choice.

4. Why are the Wranglers the best team in NA (and arguably in the league)?

5. What will you do for the (long) weekend (if you have one)?

6. What was the first board game you played and what memories do you have?

On 3/28/2024 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Strasmore is now all time leader in regular season hits for the Wranglers. What do you want to tell the Calgary die hard.

2. Davos and LA seem to take an early bye to the Playoffs. Which teams do you think will also suffer from an early off-season?

3. If Strasmore was a cocktail, what cocktail would he be? Elaborate your choice.

1) He’s a killer! Nice work dude! 
2) hard to say, been focused on adjusting to my new villa in Prague. 
3) high proof Bourbon…on the rocks. He’s a classic, little rough around the edges but always gets the job done. 
4) got rid of dead weight during the off-season..lol, or at the least upgraded from Rips lack of physicality. 
5) family time, good food, whiskey. 
6) battleship, I sucked at it…and I was initially disappointed that there wasn’t actually bombs sinking the opponents ships. 

On 3/28/2024 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1A) LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

2A) I think we need to step it up or were going to be golfing before we know it

3A) Screwdriver, really putting the screws to anybody who wants to step up to throw the body

4A) Alberta teams > anything (totally not biased)

5A) Went camping and sat by the fire. Most relaxing couple of hours ive had in the last year or so

6A) Catan, Always gonna have a special place in my heart

1. Calgary is in a rut. To better the team spirit the Wrangler organize a team building event. What is it and why?

2. The Wranglers want to support a charity and ask players for a worthy cause. What is your suggestion and why?

3. The team go to a karaoke bar. Who is the first one on stage, what song do they pick and how off key do they sing?

4. The City of Calgary asks for help in making the town beautiful (again?). What task does your player volunteer for?

5. If you were a fish, what fish were you (for the purpose of this question any waterlocked creatures are considered fish (i.e. whales, dolphins, squids, jellyfish etc are viable answers) and why does that particular animal appeal to you?

6. Today I witnessed a bird of pray strike another bird. What was your highlight of the day? 

On 4/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Calgary is in a rut. To better the team spirit the Wrangler organize a team building event. What is it and why?

2. The Wranglers want to support a charity and ask players for a worthy cause. What is your suggestion and why?

3. The team go to a karaoke bar. Who is the first one on stage, what song do they pick and how off key do they sing?

4. The City of Calgary asks for help in making the town beautiful (again?). What task does your player volunteer for?

5. If you were a fish, what fish were you (for the purpose of this question any waterlocked creatures are considered fish (i.e. whales, dolphins, squids, jellyfish etc are viable answers) and why does that particular animal appeal to you?

6. Today I witnessed a bird of pray strike another bird. What was your highlight of the day? 

1. The Wranglers have decided to all host a dinner on top of the Saddledome roof. It was quite the experience. Oh, and naturally, Lafontaine was there too.

2. Definitely would be have to be the Calgary Food Bank. Food is such an important thing for people to have and I think it would definitely be a worthy cause.

3. Randy Bobandy, Josh Turner's Your Man, and he absolutely kills it somehow. Who could've known? He's got killer pipes.

4. Raimo decided to help the City of Calgary demolish Marlborough Mall.

5. Would definitely have to be an octopus, having 8 arms seems to be really cool. Plus I'd be one of those ones that could camoflauge. Being able to camoflauge seems awesome.

6. I was working on a computer science assignment from 2-7. On a Sunday. That's post-sec life I guess.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:00 AM, Daniel Janser said:

1. charades, a lot of chemistry building could be formed from a simple game of charades

2. food bank drive and soup kitchen, we all could use a good free food day

3. AGM Daniel Janser, beautiful singer

4. Sending post cards of Osler to Calgary

5. maybe electric eel, deadly and static

6. sunshine, get in car, rain, drive, reach destination, sunshine

--

1. This season has been challenging for us. Our goal is still to get to the playoffs and win. Can we do it?

2. What do you think has been happening?

3. Where does your player have to improve the most?

4. The trade deadline is right around the corner. What are your expectations?

5. Is there any better feeling than a "double dub day"?

6. What's the funniest question you've ever been asked?

--

Player Ping

1. Despite Leandro's best efforts, we could not land Daryl Dixon. Instead our long time GM will dress for Seattle. How mad from 0 (don't care) to 10 (Fuck da Bearz) are you? Elaborate.

2. Last week we were presented with a lot of rebranding suggestions. Which one is the best one you have seen?

3. And the worst?

4. How many games will Vancouver win this season and why?

5. What is your guilty pleasure food?

6. and Drink?

On 4/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Despite Leandro's best efforts, we could not land Daryl Dixon. Instead our long time GM will dress for Seattle. How mad from 0 (don't care) to 10 (Fuck da Bearz) are you? Elaborate.

I’m not mad, just disappointed. Obviously missing out on a generational talent is tough to swallow, and considering how synonymous with calgary his Player Agent is, even more so. But I love da Bearz so there you have it. 

2. Last week we were presented with a lot of rebranding suggestions. Which one is the best one you have seen?

3. And the worst?

I’m a troglodyte so I haven’t had the pleasure of reading or seeing or listening to any other ideas. I’m sure they were inferior to my idea though - get rid of Stockholm Vikings out of spite and relocate to the former vhl team Madrid Thunder

35 because it’s a pure guess. 

hmmmmmm I have so many, but probably potato chips. 

6. and Drink?

Alcohol for sure. A nice whiskey or IPA, depending on the mood. Tequila Pinks have their charm too 

On 4/15/2024 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Janser said:

3. And the worst?

6. and Drink?

1) 0

2) Anything involving more cowbell!

3) Anythin involving less cowbell!

4) 23 games, Scurvy is a punk!

5) White castle cheese burgers 

6) margaritas! Let’s goooo!!

--

1. As we edge closer to the end of the season, we've found ourselves improving our game. How good does that feel?

2. Can we keep it going for the foreseeable future?

3. What will it take for us to grab that wildcard opportunity?

4. Do you think a wildcard team can make a difference in the playoffs?

5. Talking of playoffs... are you supporting a playoff team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

6. If you could create a new rule for hockey, what would it be?

--

Player Ping

On 4/22/2024 at 1:24 PM, leandrofg said:

--

1. As we edge closer to the end of the season, we've found ourselves improving our game. How good does that feel?

2. Can we keep it going for the foreseeable future?

3. What will it take for us to grab that wildcard opportunity?

4. Do you think a wildcard team can make a difference in the playoffs?

5. Talking of playoffs... are you supporting a playoff team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

6. If you could create a new rule for hockey, what would it be?

--

Player Ping

1. Feels good to see we were able make it click through the ups and downs. I love to see that despite roster changes and some initial rockiness, we were able to find our groove and pull it together.

2. I believe so and I believe we need to. This is a great chance for us to push forward with an excellent group of players.

3. As of now, one win. I want to see two wins if possible but claiming that WC spot is most important.

4. Depends on the team and how they got to Wild Card. For our squad, I think we fought and earned a chance to get a Wild Card position rather than just ending up there by chance.

5. My team (Flames) were eliminated so I'm gunning for the Winnipeg Jets. I want Sean Monahan to win a cup.

6. BRING BACK THE ROVER POSITION! Now the "rover" position has less meaning as all skaters enter the offensive zone but I think it'd be cool to just have a role where they can really do whatever they want and get creative. I could imagine a defensive style rover or even just having a really crafty offensive styled rover.