Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

11 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. What do you think of the Las Vegas Aces new logo?

2. Are you shocked that we went 2-0 to start the season?

3. If you could play a different position, what would it be?

4. What is you favorite part about being in Saskatoon?

5. What is your goal for this season?

6. Are you cheering for Tampa or Dallas in the Stanley Cup finals?

1. Looks real sharp.

2. Not at all. The addition of a stud like Steve Eso is sure to give any team a bunch of wins.

3. In real life I was a goalie when I was in minor hockey. As an adult, I play any of the forward positions. If I couldn't be a center, I'd probably be a right winger.

4. Heading down to Regina for a Riders game with my teammates.

5. Win a lot of games, and grow as a player. I'm not terribly concerned with personal stats, I want to do whatever is best for the team to help us win. So if that means killing penalties and eating minutes so that the top guys can go out there and rack up the points, I'm all over it.

6. Tough call. Going into the final four, I was cheering AGAINST Vegas, so once Dallas knocked them out I don't really have any emotional investment. I'll probably be rooting for Tampa, but I'm okay with either team.

11 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Love it, so clean.

2. Too early for me to say, but no, seems like a well run team here.

3. I'd go back on D for sure, fun position.

4. From the looks of it the team has a nice history and alumni so its nice to be a part of that. Or maybe getting the chance to play with Florent Vericel ?

5. To get better as a player and teammate, also trying to increase my role with the team for next season.

6. Dallas. Love the way their playing right now. Should be an interesting matchup.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:53 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. It's nice, definitely an improvement imo

2. Nope, being around the guys for a season now, I knew we were bound to take that next step. Obviously going undefeated is crazy, but I wouldn't say i'm shocked.

3. I love being a winger, so tbh the only other position would probably be LW. Sorry if it hat's a cop out answer ?

4. The vibe and the culture. Just being welcomed as part of the family from the get-go and having the ability to fit right in was amazing.

5. Just to keep improving, I want to keep seeing progress day after day.

6. I'm cheering for whoever's the underdog. Always great to see the team that no one expects to take some games.

1. What do you think of our team's performance so far?

2. After a tough loss to Halifax, we were able to bounce back and maintain first place. What do you think we'll need to do in order to beat top teams like Halifax in the future?

3. Is your player doing as well as you had hoped so far?

4. Do you think Tampa Bay will be able to take game five tonight and win the Stanley Cup?

5. Have you been watching any football lately? If so, how is your team doing?

6. What is your favorite kind of pizza?

10 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

2. After a tough loss to Halifax, we were able to bounce back and maintain first place. What do you think we'll need to do in order to beat top teams like Halifax in the future?

4. Do you think Tampa Bay will be able to take game five tonight and win the Stanley Cup?

1. Our team is absolutely killing it. Our top line, top pairing, and goalie are monsters this season.

2. We are being carried by the top line, need better play on both sides of the puck from the depth guys such as myself. 

3. My player is doing just fine. Not a ton of production, but with the way our team is built right now, I just need to hold the fort until the top unit is ready to go out again. 

4. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Nothing against Tampa, I just don't want hockey to be over. 

5. Not really. Haven't even been paying too much attention to my fantasy team. Been watching baseball mostly. 

6. Margherita, end of discussion. 

10 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Unreal. I didn't expect this when I signed. Amazing job by the whole squad.

2. We've got to stay out of the box and tighten up defensively.

3. Nope. I want to be better.

4. I was expecting a TBL win, yeah.

5. I'm not a big football guy.

6. Cheese, chicken, bacon, jalepenos, pickles. Try it.

Edited by glass
missed a Q

On 9/26/2020 at 2:40 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. We've done really well! I am very pleases with how we've performed

2. I think just keep playing our game, we can't let a couple losses against them get us off track.

3. Yeah, he's been doing well! It's been a cool sight to see

4. Sure, I guess

5. Yeah I have, and not good lmao. Vikings have been ass.

6. Probably meatlovers, or maybe the one with everything

1. We've gained ground in the standings and sit only 1 point back of first place Halifax. Do you think we can retake the lead?

2. What are your thoughts on Sonnet, one of the VHLM commissioners, stepping down?

3. If you could take a team (VHL or VHLM) and relocate, what team would you choose and where would you move it?

4. Now that we've finally got a defense partner for Gecko in @yevty, do you think the team will see improvement?

5. What is your favorite cartoon?

6. Have you watched any new movies lately? I just watched Borat for the first time lol

7 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. We've gained ground in the standings and sit only 1 point back of first place Halifax. Do you think we can retake the lead?

2. What are your thoughts on Sonnet, one of the VHLM commissioners, stepping down?

3. If you could take a team (VHL or VHLM) and relocate, what team would you choose and where would you move it?

4. Now that we've finally got a defense partner for Gecko in @yevty, do you think the team will see improvement?

6. Have you watched any new movies lately? I just watched Borat for the first time lol

1. Yes, we're continuing to roll, but Halifax is super strong as well and it's going to be a close race the whole way.

2. I haven't been following it very much, but real life has to come first, and I wish them all the best with their new job.

3. Saskatoon to Regina for the lulz

4. I hope so. Our team's offense has been firing on all cylinders all season, but we also give up a lot of goals against, so hopefully this will help shore us up away from the puck.

5. Good question. Futurama maybe, or possibly old school Transformers. I also watched a lot of TMNT when I was a kid, but it hasn't aged very well.

6. I don't watch very many movies or TV shows. I did (re)watch "The Hunt for Red October" the other day though.

19 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. I think we can retake the lead now that we're getting defensemen to shore up our defense, as our offense is dynamite.

2. I never met the guy as I just joined today, but I would assume it's a big loss?

3. Saskatoon and I would locate them to Cape Breton Nova Scotia. I'd either caller them Cape Breton Steelers or Cape Breton Miners.

4. I'm hoping I can contribute in a positive way and help you guys win a cup!

5. Probably Rocket Power as a kid.

6. Latest movie I watched was "The Old Guard" on Netflix.

13 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

-Absolutely, we are coming off a big win and hoping it will lead to a nice multi-game win streak for the club!

I just joined this league today, but I read his post and I am excited for him personally. The league will have big shoes to fill, but it seems like the community is full of people who are passionate about the league so Im sure they will find a good replacement.

Probably relocate the Mexico City franchise.. not sure how much of a fanbase they are generating down there :D The road trips thru Tijuana are always  fun though haha. Probably could throw another team out in western Canada for the VHLM... Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, etc...

Well now you've got another Dman with me also! Looks like you guys were short on Dmen all of a sudden but management was able to quickly find some replacements... defensive depth will always go a long way to success!

Well...cartoon I guess the Simpsons? but if anime counts as cartoons probably like One Piece or HxH

6. Have you watched any new movies lately?

Nah with COVID i haven't seen a "new" movie in forever. More of sports guy then a movie guy.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:24 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Consistency is key, you have a chance but you cant get let your mojo

2. They say "new is always better" but I think experience overcomes that fact

3. I would move helsinki's team to my hometown just so we can mess with them :^)

4. They'll need to work hard together in order to gain trust in eachother and that way channel it into their game

5. South park

6. Nope, bingewatching netflix cause im unemployed rn

On 10/3/2020 at 4:24 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. I have just arrived in the team and so far I think there is a good chemistry in the locker room, I think we can go far.

2. Again, I just joined the league, I don't know him personally but I wish him good luck for his futur projects.

3. I would move the Moscow team, I think its better to focus on just one continent, its a lot of money to take the plane to go there.

4. I think its a great thing, there is a popular quote in hockey that say, ''Offense fills your arena, Defense make you win the cup''

5. mhmm, does family guy count?

6. Yes, I just watched Shutter Island and man, this is f***ed up.

Edited by domg5

• 2 weeks later...

After going on a 2 week bender, I'm back for this week's press conference. Sorry about that.

oXJ6VSM.png

1. It's a cold night in Saskatoon. How have you been adjusting to the weather?

2. Now that we are clinched for playoffs, what do you think we'll have to do to compete?

3. Who do you think has stepped up to lead the team in this final stretch of the regular season?

4. What are your thoughts on Las Vegas AGM JigglyGumballs lurking in our Locker Room?

5. What are you going to do to pass the time during the NHL offseason?

6. Out of all Saskatoon skaters, who is the best fighter?

Edited by a_Ferk

Scotty Kaberle has had to start wearing the mittens his grandmother knitted for him while coming on and off the team bus. 

2. Now that we are clinched for playoffs, what do you think we'll have to do to compete?

I think it starts with taking care of the puck in our own end and giving Conway a little support. We gotta play better team defense and I think that will go a long way.

3. Who do you think has stepped up to lead the team in this final stretch of the regular season?

Vericel has been racking up the points but in the last week or so Secel Keller has been our most consistent player for sure. We will need our other big guns and some depth players to step up too though.

4. What are your thoughts on Las Vegas AGM JigglyGumballs lurking in our Locker Room?

LOL So I don't know what the norm is for VHL/VHLM discords but I thought it was kinda weird. He's super chill though so I dont mind him at all. But he's literally the AGM of one of our rivals and potentially our opponent in the playoffs at some point.

Gaming and  now doing this really helps pass the time.

6. Our of all Saskatoon skaters, who is the best fighter?

Gabe Johnson is a complete badass, I wouldn't mess with the guy :D

Pretty good, pretty good. I'm from a cold part of Canada myself, so not much of an adjustment.

Keep training and upgrading our skills and teamwork as a team. Keep geting that TPE.

Apart from our forwards racking up points, I think the defensemen have been racking them up too and showing their worth.

Needs to get out or hide in the closet.

Classes, homework, my puppy.

Gabe Johnson will fight anyone.

11 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

After going on a 2 week bender, I'm back for this week's press conference. Sorry about that.

oXJ6VSM.png

1. well, I'm used to have these temperatures from where I come from.

2 we need to score more goals. We have depth and we need all lines to score

3. I think Scotty Kaberle is being an exemple to us, he is quite active and work a lot to get better every weeks

4. I don't mind him

5. playing NHL 21 of course

6. I don't think we have any real fighter in our team but I wouldn't mess with Secel Keller, that guy is so strong and big.