Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

7 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. It's been a roller coaster of a first half, and the Saskatoon Wild sit at 7th place past the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about the season at this point?

It's pretty certain that we're going to make playoffs at this point,and if they started today we wouldn't have to play Ottawa in the first round. I feel pretty good.

2. The VHLM has seen a bit of a shake-up with some teams receiving new general managers. What are your thoughts about the new hires?

It has made things interesting with 2 mid-season GM hirings, that's for sure.

3. What is your post-game ritual? @Sonnet @GustavMattias

Having a drink with team captain @Kachur

4. What VHL player best resembles the type of player you'd like to become?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley. He currently leads the league in points, and is second in hits.

5. What do you think is an underrated aspect that makes teams successful?

The ability to work the puck along the boards is a really underrated aspect of the game that a lot of people don't talk about.

6. What celebrity do you think would make a great head coach?

Hockey 101 host Snoop Dogg would make the best head coach.

1. It's been a roller coaster of a first half, and the Saskatoon Wild sit at 7th place past the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about the season at this point?

Well we have played Saskatoon Hockey. we seem to be a lock for the playoffs and would play Ottawa. on paper they seem scarier and better but we are Saskatoon and we never quit until the final whistle bows 

2. The VHLM has seen a bit of a shake-up with some teams receiving new general managers. What are your thoughts about the new hires?

They were the best people for the Job. im sure they will do fantastic things.

3. What is your post-game ritual? @Sonnet @GustavMattias

Getting fucked up with @a_Ferk

of all time?? Scotty Campbell I want to be the best. he was the best.

our attitudes, even after a loss all it does to the locker room is push us harder to get better. we are winning games we have no reason to win because we want it to bad

are you kidding me? Gordon Ramsay. 

As a new trade deadline create, I can not comment on this. But 7th place still makes the playoffs to my knowledge, so I am hoping that with my addition, we can challenge in the playoffs this season. But 7th place so far, is good, and im happy.

The new hires seem like they will do a good job. I trust the BoD to make good decisions based on who to hire, so I have no doubt that they will do great things. As long as they lose against us.

3. What is your post-game ritual?

Have not created a post-game ritual yet, but sounds like it would be cool to have. Probably some kind of secret handshake with my favorite teammate. idk.

Teddy Smith, my 160 TP player that i retired lol. I am trying to make the same type of player, this time just being active.

The coaching. GMs have a lot of work, and most of it is recognized by game results. But GMs put in a lot of work to make sure their team stays active, and is up-to-date on TP opps.

Joe Pavelski. As someone that only supports home town teams, i am a Sharks fan. And the only player I know from Sharks is Pavelski ?‍♂️

I think its alright, hopefully we can grab that coveted playoff spot.

I'm not too familiar with them but hopefully they do a good job.

3. What is your post-game ritual?

I don't have one at the moment but maybe I'll start one.

I want to create the standard and not base my game on anyone else's. (Also idk any VHL players)

A supportive locker room.

Maybe Joe Rogan.

•  

On 4/13/2020 at 6:23 PM, Doomsday said:

1. Need tweeks need to keep improving thank god for Komarov and Neal ;)

2. I dont really follow who is GM anymore but good luck to them except against Saskatoon.

3. Its not HR approriate ;)

4. Gabriel Mcallister dude annoyed me taking away my spot light with Sergei

5. Chemistry pretty simple everyone always underestimates it.

6. Snoop Dog cuz pain management would be less pills haha

On 4/13/2020 at 6:23 PM, Doomsday said:

1. Pretty good

2. Pretty expected for a D league tbh

3. Drinking, lots of it

4. Um..... whatever good Defenseman there is...

5. Having a low tpe defenseman :P

6. Liam Neeson?

1. As Saskatoon pushes for a playoff spot, several new faces joined the Wild. What sort of contributions do you think they can make this season?

2. The VHL/VHLM All-Star Skills Competition is being held again this season. How do you think Saskatoon's representatives will do there?

3. You have a meeting with @McWolf in his office, what are you taking with you to make sure it goes well?

4. You're arriving at a red carpet event to represent the team, what would you do to make a grand entrance?

5. If you had to compare the Saskatoon Wild team this season to a vehicle, what would it be?

6. Are you on track to meet any personal goals you set for yourself this season?

1. As Saskatoon pushes for a playoff spot, several new faces joined the Wild. What sort of contributions do you think they can make this season?

Depth is NEVER a bad thing. if we want a deep run we need active depth which is what Wolf has gotten us.

2. The VHL/VHLM All-Star Skills Competition is being held again this season. How do you think Saskatoon's representatives will do there?

lots of good players. Im hoping to pick up at least 2

3. You have a meeting with @McWolf in his office, what are you taking with you to make sure it goes well?

my stats. I mean it speaks for itself. im one of the best player son this team.

4. You're arriving at a red carpet event to represent the team, what would you do to make a grand entrance?

a bright Neon Green suit, shades, and bottles of Bubbly. 

5. If you had to compare the Saskatoon Wild team this season to a vehicle, what would it be?

a Honda Accord. Its a great reliable car

6. Are you on track to meet any personal goals you set for yourself this season?

ive passed all my goals

11 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Mikael Keef will provide much needed help on the blue line, and Cal Conway will  be a solid backup.

We have a few rookies going, so we're not going to be there for a long time, we'll be there for a good time.

3. You have a meeting with @McWolf in his office, what are you taking with you to make sure it goes well?

I will take some of Adam Frence's wine, and the legend Adam Frence himself.

I would light myself on fire, and suddenly all eyes would be on me.

My 1996 Chevrolet cavalier. It's unreliable and you never know what might happen to it on any given day.

I am exceeding my goals set at the start of the season. I wanted 30-40 points, and I could hit 50 at this rate.

Edited by a_Ferk

On 4/20/2020 at 11:14 AM, Doomsday said:

3. You have a meeting with mcwolf in his office, what are you taking with you to make sure it goes well?

1. Hopefully a positive one.

2. I think they'll do great and will represent the team well.

3. Hot cheetos. Who doesn't love hot cheetos?

4. Maybe pull up in a garbage truck to represent the other teams.

5. An inconsistent old mustang who sometimes works amazingly and sometimes just dies out.

6. I didn't set any, maybe next season.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:14 AM, Doomsday said:

1.Hopefully help us upset the league an win the cup nobody here to lose. Losing is for losers.

2. Who knows its totally random but lets win em all.

3. Why Komarov is not playing more him an Neals back getting sore from carrying the team.

4. Probably come out like Hugh Hefner or something with like 50 women on my arms.

5. Ford trash cars that work for short bursts, but very inconsistent like the americans who make them. 

6. Nope i wanted 200 points i guess ill settle for 100 but not happy not scoring enough.

1. As the VHLM season comes to an end, Saskatoon is locked in at the #7 seed and will be playing the Yukon Rush, the #2 seed. What do the Wild need to do in order to win this series?

2. Nicolas Fomba has been one of the top goaltenders of the VHLM this season, what does Saskatoon need to do to get pucks past him?

3. How much of Adam Frence's wine is left for the playoffs?

4. If you could change or add one rule in hockey, what would it be?

5. Which do you prefer: cake or pie?

6. With rumors of expansion swirling, which city most deserves a VHL franchise?

2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. As the VHLM season comes to an end, Saskatoon is locked in at the #7 seed and will be playing the Yukon Rush, the #2 seed. What do the Wild need to do in order to win this series?

Our strong point is our offense, so we need to outscore them. We can't rely on our defense or goaltending as much.

2. Nicolas Fomba has been one of the top goaltenders of the VHLM this season, what does Saskatoon need to do to get pucks past him?

We need to draw a lot of penalties and capitalize. One of the stronger points on the team has been the powerplay.

We had that 6 game losing streak earlier in the season, so it's probably all gone.

Shot clock in 3 on 3 overtime. Would make it more exciting.

Cake, except if it's chocolate cake. That stuff is gross.

Edmonton doesn't have a team and Calgary does. That would be a good rivalry.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:53 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Komarov needs to be a man possesed an the rest of the team needs to get him the puck.

2. Give the puck to Komarov guys shots a beast

3. Alot Russians dont drink wine that is for women an italians.

4. The ability to use your hockey stick as a weapon hockeys a mans sport stop taking away from it 

5. None of the above nobody eats that shit.

6. Omask cuz why not Russia is a great country.

1. After a Game Six loss to Yukon, Saskatoon's season has come to an end. How will you remember Season 71?

2. With the Wild's season over, who do you see winning the Founder's Cup?

3. What was your favorite moment of Season 71?

4. If you could jettison someone into the sun, who would it be?

5. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

6. If there was one thing you could change to make the VHLM experience better, what would it be?

49 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. After a Game Six loss to Yukon, Saskatoon's season has come to an end. How will you remember Season 71?

The 6 game losing streak, following immediately by a 6 game win streak. Pretty much summed up our season right there.

Ottawa probably. They've been pretty dominant all season.

Winning game 3 and 4 of the Yukon series and making them scared.

As an Oilers fan, Peter Chiarelli. Fuck that guy.

A burger is a sandwich, so I guess so.

6. If there was one thing you could change to make the VHLM experience better, what would it be?

More first gen player bonuses ?

21 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Us as underdogs and being a really inconsistent team.

2. Hopefully yukon can go all the way so we look better

3. Just being in the locker room and playing in the playoffs.

4. I would prefer not to jettision someone into the sun FOR NOW.

5. Yeah I would say so.

6. Maybe more tpe opportunities?

On 5/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, Doomsday said:

1. Not winning a cup thats all that matters no matter about my points.

2. Who cares its not us an that is all that matters. Its you or no one in the eyes of players we all play for the rings 

3. Scoring goals its what im paid to do 

4. Anyone who gets in my way of championships ;(

5. I guess i dunno who eats that shit anyways.

6. Participation awards i mean come on all other leagues do it. Cuz this soft as world needs to make everyone feel included 

1. The off-season has officially kicked off, what are you looking forward to the most as Season 72 approaches?

2. A brand new team, the Miami Marauders, has been added to the VHLM. What are your thoughts on this new team?

3. Who's going first overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft?

4. If you're going to be in the VHL/VHLM drafts, where do you think you'll be drafted? For those who aren't, please write a haiku.

5. Does the Old Boys' Club exist?

6. Tell me something you want to accomplish in Season 72.

3 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. The off-season has officially kicked off, what are you looking forward to the most as Season 72 approaches?

The VHLM draft, so I know which team I'm playing for.

2. A brand new team, the Miami Marauders, has been added to the VHLM. What are your thoughts on this new team?

They probably won't be very good this year. If they make a run like the Vegas Knights did in 2018 I'll be angry.

3. Who's going first overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft?

I have Lucas Brandt going first overall, or maybe Jacob Tonn since the M needs goalies.

4. If you're going to be in the VHL/VHLM drafts, where do you think you'll be drafted? For those who aren't, please write a haiku.

VHL: probably top 3, mosst likely third. VHL: Early second round?

5. Does the Old Boys' Club exist?

It's there, lurking in the dark ?

6. Tell me something you want to accomplish in Season 72.

Score a goal in my first 19 games. lmao. Took me 20 last season.

1. After a wildly successful draft, what type of season do you see Saskatoon having in Season 72?

2. Which new addition to the Wild will have the biggest impact in Season 72?

3. What was the biggest surprise of the Season 72 VHLM Dispersal Draft?

4. Which Season 72 draftee name is your favorite?

5. Do you like movies about gladiators?

6. Does growing a mullet make you a faster skater?

12 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. After a wildly successful draft, what type of season do you see Saskatoon having in Season 72?

After a season where other teams (rightfully) doubted us, I think it's clear that we are among the favourites to go all the way this season.

We have signed a 200 TPE defenseman as a free agent and we have selected 4 more 120+ skaters in the top 16 picks of the draft, but I think our more important pick came at 22oa. We have had good examples of great teams punished for not having a great goalie leading them in the past, so we made sure it wouldn't afflict us. I have high hopes that Grekkark Gyrfalcon can lead us to the end.

Goalies dropping SO far. I expected them to drop, but some great active netminders were available as far as the 5th round. That's absolutely crazy, Apart from that, I'd say the rest of the event went pretty much as it should have. Some names dropped a bit farther than expected, but no huge surprise I guess.

Big fan of Jean-Pierre Camus, Grekkark Gyrfalcon and Keith Krestanovich, to only name a few.

Who doesn't?

I mean, I don't really.

So me, I guess.

If its length and waviness augments your head's aerodynamism, yes.

Edited by McWolf

1. Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't think we are one of the favourites to go all the way this year. A beast of a team.

2. Hard to say yet. All of the new draftees possess star potential. But if I were to make a guess, if go with Lucas Brandt.

3. Easily how far goalies dropped. It was topic of discussion quite a bit during the course of the draft.

4. For me, probably names like Lebastard, Soupcan, Stansson, Bagel. All clutch names that'll catch your eye.

5. I honestly don't think I've ever really thought about it. But, I suppose yeah. 300, the Gladiator, Troy were all pretty tight movies.

6. Of course it does. That's hairodynamics at its finest. Whether or not most mullet wearers know that or not.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, Doomsday said:

Cup or bust, Komarov doesnt play for losers.

Brandt already doing it though teams worries about me so he gets easier matches ;).

I dont watch drafts i watch cup championships so who knows.

I dunno some name that is funny i suppose? Like Brandt what a bust ?

Sure komarov a beast so is gladiators

No ugly only Jagr worthy of wearing one.