Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

1. Hot start for Saskatoon, who are tied for first place in the VHLM. What's the key to sustaining this momentum?

2. Kazimir Komarov and Lucas Brandt are both two points behind "Big" Bob Helminen's 19 for the VHLM lead with 17. Do you think they can overtake Helminen?

3. What team do you think is the biggest threat to the Wild this season?

4. Does team captain Keith Krestanovich follow the tradition set by Adam Frence of supplying the team with copious amounts of alcohol?

5. Are reports of an underground Pokémon fighting ring in Saskatoon true?

6. Who's the best-dressed member of the team?

1. Hot start for Saskatoon, who are tied for first place in the VHLM. What's the key to sustaining this momentum?

2. Kazimir Komarov and Lucas Brandt are both two points behind "Big" Bob Helminen's 19 for the VHLM lead with 17. Do you think they can overtake Helminen?

4. Does team captain Keith Krestanovich follow the tradition set by Adam Frence of supplying the team with copious amounts of alcohol?

5. Are reports of an underground Pokémon fighting ring in Saskatoon true?

6. Who's the best-dressed member of the team?

---

1.  I think just playing within our limits and continuing to get solid goaltending.  If that happens I think we can beat anybody.

2.  Definitely can.  I think they may slow as the year goes on though since we have so many great players that will get the puck.

3.  There is a few really solid teams.  Halifax gave us an early loss and we are familiar with a few of their players so I have my eye on them.

4.  I dont drink so I can't say I partake in it if so.

5. Hoho, don't think I can pidgey my way out of this one...wait I have to sneeze...PIKA-CHU.

6. We all style and profile...but me.

10 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Good team chemistry. After just coming onto the team, i'm hoping to mess well with the boys and not throw things out of balance.

2. Definitely!

3. Probably San Diego. 1 shot against in a game is terrifying.

4. Haven't been in the locker room long enough to know so you'll have to ask one of the boys.

5. I can neither confirm nor deny one of the best things to do on a friday night when there isn't a game.

6. Gotta go with the Cap here

On 5/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, Doomsday said:

Better win the cup all that matters

We have sadly slowed down Brandt way more but lets improve come on.

Nobody we are our own threat

Hes american they have no idea what booze is they drink piss water

Who knows cant get in our lr due to charizard

Komarov duh everyone knows russia best dressed

1. Big news broke out of Saskatoon last night, with forward Timothy Brown returning to the Wild through a trade with the Halifax 21st. What's the atmosphere around the team like following the trade?

2. The Wild's strong season continues, although the Minnesota Storm sit ahead of them by two points in the standing. What does Saskatoon need to do to jump them for the top spot?

3. What fictional animal do you wish was real?

4. Do you expect any other changes to the roster this season?

5. Talk has persisted that Saskatoon needs a new logo. Do you agree, or is the current logo good as is?

6. Are scoring numbers in the VHLM higher, lower, or what you expected them to be at this season?

1. Big news broke out of Saskatoon last night, with forward Timothy Brown returning to the Wild through a trade with the Halifax 21st. What's the atmosphere around the team like following the trade?

1. Just got the first star in my first game back, so excellent I would say. Happy to be back. ?

2. The Wild's strong season continues, although the Minnesota Storm sit ahead of them by two points in the standing. What does Saskatoon need to do to jump them for the top spot?

2. I don't think we play them for a while, so we have to hope that someone pulls off an upset. We also have to keep winning ourselves.

3. Do pokemon count as fictional animals? That would be pretty cool

4. Maybe a few waiver pickups, but I don't think we will make anymore major trades.

5. Talk has persisted that Saskatoon needs a new logo. Do you agree, or is the current logo good as is?

5. The current logo is one of my favorites and we've had it a very long time, so I say leave it how it is. It's iconic.

6. Are scoring numbers in the VHLM higher, lower, or what you expected them to be at this season?

6. A lot higher. San Diego and Houston have probably skewed the numbers, as they get beat by 5+ goals every game it seems like.

11 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. I think we're all pretty excited, another piece that can help get us to where we want to be by the end of the season.

2. I don't think we have to do much different. The season is long and there are some good teams here. As long as well can keep our consistency we'll get those point we need.

3. A Centaur. Just so I can finally see how they'd wear pants.

4. I guess anything can happen. But I think we have a very good roster as it stands.

5. Personally I like the logo. But I always like seeing alternate designs. Something cool could come up!

6. To me it looks on par to last season. Could even be a little be higher.

On 6/1/2020 at 10:26 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Absolute hype. Teams pumped to have him back and rightfully so. Got a good deal to get him and he has a great offensive upside. Top 10 in goals this season isn’t an easy task

2. Just keep to our game plan, win as much as we can but especially battle hard against teams like LVA and MIN

3. Griffon I suppose. That could also be terrifying If they were wild though so it’s a double-edged sword

4. I feel there could be more to play out but it has to be for the right price. We have a good squad and don’t need too much more without sacrificing the teams success in the future.

5. New logo. It’s not intimidating enough

6. I had no expectation of playing in the VHLM this season in the first place. With that said I’m surprised how few goals get scored beyond first line on any given team.

1. Saskatoon continues to roll along, but they're still trailing the Minnesota Storm by four points at the halfway point of the season. What needs to happen for the Wild to finish ahead of them?

2. It was a tumultuous week for the VHLM, with longtime VHLM Commissioner Banackock stepping down and a protest held by VHLM GMs. Throughout it, Saskatoon stayed open and did not go dark. What did that mean to you?

3. Sonnet was named as a new VHLM Commissioner, what do you think he will bring to the VHLM in his new role?

4. With the league seemingly on fire lately, what's your favorite food to cook over a fire?

5. What player do you feel is an unsung hero on this roster?

6. It's been ten seasons since the WJC returned in Season 62, what's your favorite WJC memory?

7 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. Saskatoon continues to roll along, but they're still trailing the Minnesota Storm by four points at the halfway point of the season. What needs to happen for the Wild to finish ahead of them?

1. We have to stop losing to teams like Las Vegas and Mexico. It's strange that we've managed to hold on to 2nd, it seems like we're losing a lot lately.

2. It was a tumultuous week for the VHLM, with longtime VHLM Commissioner Banackock stepping down and a protest held by VHLM GMs. Throughout it, Saskatoon stayed open and did not go dark. What did that mean to you?

2. I missed the whole thing, so I don't really have an opinion.

3. Sonnet was named as a new VHLM Commissioner, what do you think he will bring to the VHLM in his new role?

3. He will show to new players that we are accepting of people with anime profile pictures.

4. With the league seemingly on fire lately, what's your favorite food to cook over a fire?

4. Marshmallows? 

5. King Kruul. He's pretty quite in the LR, so some of his achievements have gone unnoticed.

6. It's been ten seasons since the WJC returned in Season 62, what's your favorite WJC memory?

6. Winning Bronze with team canada last year. I didn't contribute much and that will change this season.

4 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. A few Lucky bounces can change everything. Definitely winning any remaining games against Minnesota would help.

2. I'm gonna be honest, I missed most of it because of the blm protests in my town. But it's unfortunate how things had to go. But it speaks to the management. The communication with this team is second to none. They truly want to see you succeed.

3. Don't know too much about the situation but i think a fresh brain on overseeing the league never hurts. I wish him the best of luck.

4. Well, if you mean BBQ then burgers. Always burgers haha.

5. Maybe someone like Wyman. Going out there and throwing his body around blocking shots leaving it all on the ice. Gotta respect that.

6.  This will be my 4th WJC appearance. Winning in season 64 and being one of the three stars of the game was for sure my favourite memory.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, Doomsday said:

1. We’ve hit a few minor slumps that I think we’ll be able to get past and push to the top. It’s only a matter of 2 wins so it doesn’t take much.

2. I don’t really know too much about what happened I just heard a few rumours but despite that I think as a league we need to stay focused

3. I’ve heard the name but don’t know him. I’m sure he’ll give it his all and bring to the VHLM what he feels it deserves

4. Smores or Hot Dogs

5. I’d have to say @Lefty_S or @Shaka. Lefty is second on the team in hits and shots blocked along with 24 points. He’s been a solid defender for us and it’s not easy sacrificing the body each night but he does it. Shaka’s been a stellar backup this season putting up a 10-1-1 record with a .914 save % and 1.9 GAA. Those are some solid numbers and has helped us tremendously get some extra points when the starters not in.

6. I was a part of it in S66 I believe and we got smoked but it was a decent environment. Being part of it again feels about the same. I don’t really have a specific memory that stands out though

On 6/8/2020 at 11:07 AM, Doomsday said:

1. We need to score more points

2. I like to stay out of drama, so I have nothing really to say.

3. I don't really know him, but he was chosen for a reason so I assume he's good.

4. Meal in a foil, take some ground beef, carrots, potatoes, peppers, 57 sauce and mix it all together and wrap it in some aluminum foil. You then put the whole thing on some hot coals and wait.

5. @Shaka has been stellar as a backup.

6. Playing on team world last season.

1.  We all need to play better and we need to stop changing things up.  We were playing great for a while before we tried getting fancy.

2. Good.  No issue.

3.  Not sure.  Don't really talk to him.

4.  Steak probably.  Burgers are fine too.

5.  Kresty for me.

6.  I dont have one.  I've been in one and there were no good feelings.

Need to find full chemistry too often we are hit an miss on the offense.

Honestly dont really pay attention so didnt notice

Again dont really notice but good luck to him.

Hot dogs i suppose

King Kruul he seems to just point up points hes quiet though.

Silver a few times despite never being a true contender.

1. After a tight race at the top of the VHLM this season, the Minnesota Storm now hold first place with a comfortable 9 point lead. However, Saskatoon now firmly holds second place. With 22 games left, is that enough time for the Wild to sneak past the Storm?

2. Big results yesterday on the Devise Double Sim™, going 4-0 with two big wins against Mexico City and Las Vegas. Is the team starting to find that winning combination?

3. Saskatoon's roster got even deeper with Adam Frence's return to practice, making him eligible for more ice time. How big of a lift is that for the Wild?

4. Bombshell announcement last week in the VHL with four brand new teams announced in an expansion. Which team design is your favorite of the four?

5. With current General Manager @McWolf tabbed to lead the London Union next season, how do you think he's going to do leading a team at the professional level?

6. With the WJC wrapping up, how do you think the experiences Saskatoon players had there will help them this season back in the M?

13 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. After a tight race at the top of the VHLM this season, the Minnesota Storm now hold first place with a comfortable 9 point lead. However, Saskatoon now firmly holds second place. With 22 games left, is that enough time for the Wild to sneak past the Storm?

2. Big results yesterday on the Devise Double Sim™, going 4-0 with two big wins against Mexico City and Las Vegas. Is the team starting to find that winning combination?

3. Saskatoon's roster got even deeper with Adam Frence's return to practice, making him eligible for more ice time. How big of a lift is that for the Wild?

4. Bombshell announcement last week in the VHL with four brand new teams announced in an expansion. Which team design is your favorite of the four?

5. With current General Manager @McWolf tabbed to lead the London Union next season, how do you think he's going to do leading a team at the professional level?

6. With the WJC wrapping up, how do you think the experiences Saskatoon players had there will help them this season back in the M?

1. I think it's entirely possible that we could get some of those points back. If the sim keeps things going the way it has been recently, could happen sooner than later.

2. I would say definitely. Seems like we're starting firing on all cylinders lately

3. Anything to help us reach our goal of winning it all is welcome!

4. For me it's a tie between Chicago and Warsaw. Those are absolutely beautiful. They're all really slick but yeah I certainly have my favourites.

5. Honestly, I see nothing but success there. He's going to take that organisation to the top. That's a GM that genuinely cares.

6. Being eliminated early was a bummer. But this team is full of top WJC players.  You really get to enjoy getting back to the chemistry you shared with you team in the M.

15 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. I don't think so.  I think we are bound for second.

2. I hope so but I think we just had a solid sim.  Our results still weren't spectacular but a win is a win.  Much to improve on though.

3. It's a big lift and it meant we didn't really need to dive into the Free Agency market.  Hopefully it propels us further into the playoffs.

4. London United for myself.

5. I think he will manage the team well but expansion can be tough so hopefully he's up for it.

6. It helps but I think International tournaments also can have a negative impact on player's performances, so hopefully we don't see much of that.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, Doomsday said:

Don't think it's possible, sadly. We're bound for 2nd.

I think the combo of Brandt-Brown is really starting to click. It seems like we have only been able to get one line going all season, however.

Frence could hit the cap by playoffs. Needless to say, this is a big boost.

The London United. I really like soccer style logos.

He's done pretty good so far in the M. I think that the biggest change is adjusting to the cap. If he can do that he'll do great. Also, they are called the London United, chief. Not the Union

Hopefully they can fit back into system. Sometimes players don't do as well after coming back from an international tournament.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, Doomsday said:

1. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the cup. If we get first great but if not oh well. The main focus is the playoffs and staying on course to the ultimate goal.

2. I think so. Management has done a great job putting this team together and we have potential. Things are rolling for the boys.

3. Huge. Absolute stud and a great asset to the team.

4. They’re all pretty decent. If I had to pick a favourite I’d have to go with the Phoenix I suppose.

5. Obviously everyone will say he’s gonna do great but it’s true. He knows how to build a team and he’ll do even better in the VHL. I have faith he’ll be successful with the franchise
6. Gives good experience under pressure and helps get some of the nerves off for the playoffs. Having all those fans being so loud can be pretty intimidating

1. The season is winding down, the playoffs will be here before we know it. What's something that Saskatoon will need to do in order to excel in the post-season?

2. The scheduling lately has had the Wild play fewer games over some long stretches. How are you guys handling all this extra down time?

3. The VHL and VHLM have both seen expansion teams joining lately. If the VHLM were to get more teams down the road, what locations make the most sense to get franchises?

4. What's a TV show you really like that doesn't get enough credit for it's quality?

5. Is there a specific brand of gear that you use? Any particular reason for it?

6. Outside of hockey, what's your favorite Olympic event?

15 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. The season is winding down, the playoffs will be here before we know it. What's something that Saskatoon will need to do in order to excel in the post-season?

2. The scheduling lately has had the Wild play fewer games over some long stretches. How are you guys handling all this extra down time?

3. The VHL and VHLM have both seen expansion teams joining lately. If the VHLM were to get more teams down the road, what locations make the most sense to get franchises?

4. What's a TV show you really like that doesn't get enough credit for it's quality?

5. Is there a specific brand of gear that you use? Any particular reason for it?

1. Just keep rolling and figure out some lines that work. The boys need a little more chemistry.

2. Just giving more time to train and rest up before the playoffs

3. I think Cincinnati would be a great place for a team

4. Community. Seasons 1-3. I don’t hear much about it online but it’s a pretty funny show

5. I’ve always liked Bauer or CCM

6. Favourite Olympic event other than hockey would be Downhill skiing or moguls. Favourite sport that isn’t in the olympics but should be is Golf. Could you imagine Tiger woods in his prime playing in the olympics?

18 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Pray to the sim gods, basically.

Drinking. Not much else to do in Saskatchewan tbh.

Winnipeg. It seems like the VHL has a hecking lot of members from Manitoba, but no teams.

SpongeBob seasons 1-3 don't get enough credit. They had clever writing and were enjoyable for most audiences, not just children.

CCM. I've found that it is pretty inexpensive, while still good quality.

I don't watch any other Olympic events. They are boring for the most part.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Well making sure everyone's doing their job all lines are firing, making the most of what you can in the amount of ice time. Depth is solid if we can consistent, teams are in trouble.

2. Stay in the film room looking at things I do that I can change to make more impact. Of course spending more time in the gym. Gotta get that strength up.

3. Moncton and Barrie in the East. As well Winnipeg and maybe Portland in the West just to name a few. Would be cool places to play.

4. That's a tough question because everyone's idea of quality is different. But I guess for myself I'd pick something like trailer park boys or the league.

5. Bauer or Warrior. It was Easton but it's damn near impossible to find now. I have to love the feel of it or it can be distracting to use/wear.

6. Honestly I don't really watch much of the Olympics other than hockey. Maybe the 100m in the summer.

Edited by wcats