Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

Pre-Season Press Conference :ssk:

Answer these 6 questions to get 2 capped TPE for this week.

1. This offseason has been going on for so long now, are you excited about getting back on the ice this week?

2. We don't know who we are playing yet, but predict the score of our first game?
3. What is your pre-game ritual? @Sonnet @GustavMattias ?

4. What song do you listen to, to pump you up before a game?

5. What's your objective this season, in terms of points scored?

6. Who do you think should be the captain of the team? 

@Reverb @apricot @Lefty_S @jhatty8 @MostTHE WAE @Erik @predsfan59 @ChaceT @NoobPanda @Bamz @Gooningitup @fishkr @DampShankGrungus @Bobby Bummhole @Boltzy @a_Ferk @LittleRiDog @Jessehockey88

1. I'm excited to play in my first game for the team. I hope we win.

2. I'm going to be optimistic and say we win 4 - 3

3. I re-tape my stick before every game. Other than that, no rituals.

4. My favourite pump up song is The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

5. My goal is probably somewhere around 30 - 40 points this season. We look better this season and we had 5 guys with 40 or more last year, so it's achievable.

6. I think we should make Gary Neal our captain. He has the most TPA on the team, seems active and has played since 2019.

Edited by a_Ferk
I forgot question 6 lmao

5 hours ago, McWolf said:

Answer these 6 questions to get 2 capped TPE for this week.

1. This offseason has been going on for so long now, are you excited about getting back on the ice this week?

2. We don't know who we are playing yet, but predict the score of our first game?

@Reverb @apricot @Lefty_S @jhatty8 @MostTHE WAE @Erik @predsfan59 @ChaceT @NoobPanda @Bamz @Gooningitup @fishkr @DampShankGrungus @Bobby Bummhole @Boltzy @a_Ferk @LittleRiDog @Jessehockey88

1. Yes I can't wait

2. We win 4-1

3. I always set my alarm for exactly 8 hours before the game starts when we play at home.

4. Ballin Like Curry

5. 100 Million

6. Idk

5 hours ago, McWolf said:

100%. Cannot wait to get into my first game. It's been a while, but I'm excited to show the team and the league what I can do.

3-1 W. Lot's of confidence in this group.

Hit each bar once during warmups. Get the posts out of the way before the game even starts.

Depends on the day. Split between Wake me Up - Avicii and Minerva - Deftones. Both do different things. First one gets me just amped and bouncing around. Second really dials me in.

20 goals. Mainly a goalscorer, so that's all I'm focused on.

Just got into Sasky a couple hours ago. Not sure my vote for a captain even matters. I'm sure whoever gets selected will do a great job leading.

Yea, I want to get back to working out. We need all the ice time we can get.

1-0 Us

3. What is your pre-game ritual? 

Tying my laces all to tight. Then unlacing my skates and doing it again properly. 

300 Violin Orchestra - Jorge Quintero

I'm more of the passing guy. So I want around the 40+ assists 

Me Duh.  But for real, I have lots of experience in the league with my Agent Kachur. I think I could bring something to the C

1. Saskatoon was a team many were writing off this season, but you're currently in third place so far. Are you surprised about that?

2. What player do you think is really making a name for himself so far this season?

3. What personal goals do you hope to accomplish this season?

4. What do you feel is the reason for the chemistry developing with the Wild?

5. Who do you think is the most dangerous player in the VHLM right now?

6. What do you enjoy the most about the VHL/VHLM?

14 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Saskatoon was a team many were writing off this season, but you're currently in third place so far. Are you surprised about that?

2. What player do you think is really making a name for himself so far this season?

1. I'm not surprised that we're doing as well as we are. I believed in this team.

2. Komarov seems to be lighting it up for us so far. Hopefully he can continue to produce.

3. My goal as of now is to just get a single goal. After that I hope to get 10 goals on the season.

4. We have some very skilled forwards, and I think the high scoring has caused the team to develop chemistry.

5. Adam Syreck currently has forty points in twelve games. Watch out for him.

6. The thing I enjoy most is the community aspect in the forums.

Not at all. I have seen the Locker Room Rally, we want to win and I think we are showing just how much. 

Frence - I know tooting my own horn, but I and a few others had low expectations, he is third on the team in points. he is rallying that Locker. 

be a 1st round draft pick in the VHL

everyone in the locker being able to goof off and just be themselves without judgement. 

my boy Komorav @Gooningitup is scary and he will tear things up soon

everything

On 3/30/2020 at 8:42 AM, Doomsday said:

Absolutely not. I wouldn't join a team I didn't think could win. Everybody take notice: the Wild are bringing that trophy to Saskatoon. 

That Big Chungus is absolutely terrifying. Seeing that Chungus charging toward you is the worst part about my job. 

I want to prove that I can stop shots just as well as I can hit home runs.

It's so cold up here in Saskatoon all the time that we spend a lot of time together as a team. 

5. Who do you think is the most dangerous player in the VHLM right now?

Joakim Bruden

Many fewer journalists than I'm used to. Now, please leave me alone. 

Edited by BarryBondsBalls
Forgot to answer a question.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, Doomsday said:

1. No

2. Me of course

3. Getting them blocked shots

4. Our GM and AGM

5. Me, duh

6. Saskatoon Team LR

I've just joined the team this week and have completed my first 7 Games. Things are going as well as they were, but honestly nothings changed. The team knows their goal and knows that we aren't expected to do much this season and that next season is our "big push". We are taking things 1 game at a time and we are gaining as much experience as we can. This season is a great time to experiment and make sure the next is perfect! 

Honestly Apple. He's been quietly holding it down on defense this season and his numbers are a bit sneaky

Just get settled into the new role and league and get the team setup for a good season and work towards our goal next season.

In my short time here it's just been the leadership and team bonding. Everyone is getting along and trying to help eachother out!

Am I allowed to put myself down? ;)

I am hoping to enjoy the experience of playing here and trying to work my way up through the ranks and make a name for myeslf in the league!

1. Yes im not a VHLM star and many of our prospects are raw. Which usually leads to struggles which we have started to see now.

2. Gary Neal or whatever his name is hes been on fire for the team this year.

3. Score goals, and bang babes so far accomplishing both.

4. Different player types playing off one another

5. Komarov is when he wants to be the problem is hes has been streaky. 

6. Friendships its the only reason i have been here for so long

1. After coming back to Earth a bit, Saskatoon pulled off a big sim today, with three wins. How important is that for you and your teammates?

2. After joining the team after the season started, Barry Bonds has taken over as the starting goaltender. He's better known for hitting home runs, but how is he in the crease?

3. Do you feel safe knowing @Peace is creeping in the locker room?

4. @McWolf was overheard talking about implementing the Flying V into the Wild's game plan. How successful would this be if it is for real?

5. If you haven't been drafted by a VHL team yet, which team are you hoping calls your name? If you were already drafted, how do you feel you fit into your team's plans in the future?

6. Adam Syreck has an absolutely absurd amount of points right now. Precisely how much drugs is he on?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. After coming back to Earth a bit, Saskatoon pulled off a big sim today, with three wins. How important is that for you and your teammates?

2. After joining the team after the season started, Barry Bonds has taken over as the starting goaltender. He's better known for hitting home runs, but how is he in the crease?

4. @McWolf was overheard talking about implementing the Flying V into the Wild's game plan. How successful would this be if it is for real?

5. If you haven't been drafted by a VHL team yet, which team are you hoping calls your name? If you were already drafted, how do you feel you fit into your team's plans in the future?

6. Adam Syreck has an absolutely absurd amount of points right now. Precisely how much drugs is he on?

1. The 6 points we picked up today were very important for maintaining the seventh seed. We not have a 10 point lead on 8th.

2. Although it doesn't show it on the stats sheet, he is a vast improvement over our backup goalie, who is a scrub.

3. I'll admit it was a bit weird seeing our former manager lurking around in the locker room.

4. I've tried the Flying V in practice before, does not work as advertised. 

5. Davos, because they are not very good. I would get a lot of playing time.

6. Enough steroids to put former MLB slugger Barry Bonds to shame.

2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

It's huge, but the goal of this season is still not to top the standings. It's to build the necessary bonds and skills for next season and our push then

I've seen him try to hit homes runs a few times ;) in the crease. In the hockey world he's fitting right into the team. He's been giving us a chance even on days we have solemnly shown up.

It's great to see, but I've only just joined it here in the VHLM. I'm not trying to get ahead of my self yet. I'll get there in time.

Hey it would give us some fun! You never know what will happen when the team and players are having fun out there and playing to enjoy the game.

Not drafted yet and still learning the teams and how this all works. Honestly I'd be fine with any team looking for a project to help bring out a new defense man and help make him a top liner!

Ask me again when the seasons over and we'll talk then

17 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1) Huge for the team. Confidence was starting to slip a little bit, but we've managed to dial it back a little bit. I think we let the early success get to our heads a little bit. Time to hunker down and get back to playing Sasky hockey.

2) Bonds has been a fantastic teammate. The one thing he needs to remember is that he needs to intentionally get hit by these pitches. Some days in praccy, he stands off to the side of the crease and tries to crush pucks out of the rink.

3) With a name like Peace he has to be fine...right?

4) I don't think we're in flying V territory yet. Besides... its not fundamentally the smartest hockey breakout of all time either.

5) I'd be happy to go to any VHL franchise. Obviously I have some ties to Helsinki and Calgary, and QC (where did they move?). A new experience would be fun and exciting

6) all of them. every single drug.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, Doomsday said:

1.) The 3 wins were HUGE, they rejuvenated the locker rooms and showed with the right days we may be able to squeak into the playoffs

2.) Barry is the reason we have a shot in this season, getting a goaltender who works as hard as him was important.

3.) of course @Peace is amazing

4.) Not at all, if he does im taking a vote of no confidence.

5.) Any team, whoever feels they need me I will pay for them.

6.) All of them, i thought there was Random Drug Tests

1. End of the day every point counts so of course it is huge.

2. Better at hitting homeruns still, but he has been valueable in net for us. Shame he likely is not our goalie in net next year.

3. He has always been a creeper so not shocking

4. If the puck is going to Komarov for the shoot 100%, if not 0%

5. Honestly not sure how i fit into anyones plans with my development not being that great 

6. All of them get tested bro

On 4/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, Doomsday said:

1. It feels good to know I got skaters in front of me that can bail us out when I'm off my game. We're all feeling pretty confident right now. 

2. Not good enough. 

3. I don't understand the question. Getting sick of these idiot reporters and their dumb questions. 

4. If he doesn't do this I'm definitely not returning next season. 

5. Honestly haven't thought about it. Just focused on winning games now. 

6. I don't know what drugs Syreck is on, but I'd like him to call me immediately. 

1. Winning cures all

2. Pretty good, or else he wouldn't be playing there, I need to try whatever he's eating for breakfast.

3. Um, sure?

4. Time to check some mfers

5. I dont really care tbh, if anyone wants my lazy butt, have at it

6. All of them

1. It's been a roller coaster of a first half, and the Saskatoon Wild sit at 7th place past the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about the season at this point?

2. The VHLM has seen a bit of a shake-up with some teams receiving new general managers. What are your thoughts about the new hires?

3. What is your post-game ritual? @Sonnet @GustavMattias

4. What VHL player best resembles the type of player you'd like to become?

5. What do you think is an underrated aspect that makes teams successful?

6. What celebrity do you think would make a great head coach?

1. It's been a roller coaster of a first half, and the Saskatoon Wild sit at 7th place past the halfway point of the season. How are you feeling about the season at this point?

We have sorta put our selves into our own group, but we seem to be competing against all the teams in the league. Sets us up well for next season if not to play spoiler this season

2. The VHLM has seen a bit of a shake-up with some teams receiving new general managers. What are your thoughts about the new hires?

Hey, new talent and eyes beings new play styles and players. Shakes things up and keeps it interesting

3. What is your post-game ritual? @Sonnet @GustavMattias

When we will, I play some Peanut Butter Jelly by Galantis

4. What VHL player best resembles the type of player you'd like to become?

Oof. I'll get back to you when I learn and watch them

5. What do you think is an underrated aspect that makes teams successful?

The ability to shutdown other teams' top players

6. What celebrity do you think would make a great head coach?

Mr T would be interesting. Maybe take a page from Torts