Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

2 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Saskatoon is currently in 6th place, which is not ideal for our hopes for the season. What do we need to do better?

2. Captain Keith Krestanovich has really struggled so far. Do you think this has affected the rest of the team?

3. On the other side of the coin, our first round pick Jesper Norbeg is doing exceptionally well and is 5th in points league wide. Does this surprise you at all?

4. Which team has the best logo, in your opinion, out of both the VHL and VHLM?

5. What team are you cheering for in the NHL playoffs, and have they disappointed you so far? My Oilers have :(

6. At what stage of your life did you first become a fan of hockey?

1. Honestly I think we've had some bad luck in terms of the sim against teams we should've beaten. Hopefully that changes going forward.

2. I mean we all wanna see everyone successful build dynamics can change some things. I have faith he'll bounce back. He's an important part of this team.

3. Not at all. He's an absolute beast. Playing with him is a treat. What a scoring machine.

4. I might be biased. But, I love the Prague logo. Secondly I have a love for the Menace logo. 

5. I'm a Leafs fan since day one. Tonight's game was not great but I have faith they'll turn it around.

6. I've been a hockey fan since I was four years old. I was put into hockey and it was natural to me. Some of my fondest memories was playing AA  as a child.

8 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Saskatoon is currently in 6th place, which is not ideal for our hopes for the season. What do we need to do better?

2. Captain Keith Krestanovich has really struggled so far. Do you think this has affected the rest of the team?

3. On the other side of the coin, our first round pick Jesper Norbeg is doing exceptionally well and is 5th in points league wide. Does this surprise you at all?

5. What team are you cheering for in the NHL playoffs, and have they disappointed you so far? My Oilers have :(

1. I think we don't need to do better, the simulation is a bit random and that's no fault of ours. We just need to keep updating and cheer eachother on. 

2. No, everyone has their struggles and its up to everyone to support eachother through them. 

3. I'm happy to hear that Norberg is doing well, I'm not surprised but I'm glad. 

4. I actually really like Saskatoon's branding. The colour pallete is great and the animal on the logo is cute. 

5. Sharks are out, Tampa. 

6. I've always had a general interest in ice hockey. If anyone asked I would say it was the best sport, but I only knew anything I did from movies and the episode of the simpsons with Lisa playing Hockey. It was Emi who got me further into Ice hockey when we met in college. 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:06 PM, a_Ferk said:

1.we need to play more aggressive show them we won’t back down easy

2.yes but he’ll pick up his play and so we will we

3.nope not all he’s a great player and he’s playing like one

4.its between Malmo and Prague for me I love the colours and the design of both 

5.My Hometown Jets Of Course game 1 was kind of bad but even with injuries we won game 2 so I have hope

6.i was pretty young probably around 4ish 

1. Saskatoon is currently in 6th place, which is not ideal for our hopes for the season. What do we need to do better? - We just need to find ways to win against the "better" teams. Might be time to take a look at our defensive pairings and maybe share the wealth a bit. 

2. Captain Keith Krestanovich has really struggled so far. Do you think this has affected the rest of the team? - We've been doing everything to give him those opportunities to click, but it's just not there right now. He's a talented player, but I'm wondering if we just need to find him a better fit in the lines, even if it's not the first line. 

3. On the other side of the coin, our first round pick Jesper Norbeg is doing exceptionally well and is 5th in points league wide. Does this surprise you at all? - Not at all, when we drafted him we knew he had that potential to step right in and dominate, and that's exactly what he's done. Jesper is going to be making a VHL GM very happy when they get to call his name on draft day, because this kid has the potential to really be a special player in the VHL. 

4. Which team has the best logo, in your opinion, out of both the VHL and VHLM? - I really love Prague's, the logo itself and the color combination is just awesome. 

5. What team are you cheering for in the NHL playoffs, and have they disappointed you so far? My Oilers have :( - The Flyers, and boy do they look good. 3-0 in the Round Robin and the #1 seed! 

6. At what stage of your life did you first become a fan of hockey? - I always liked hockey as a kid, but I didn't really get into hockey until I was around 18. I watch pretty much every Flyers game I can, and I'm an ECHL season ticket holder. It's a big part of my life now!

1. We currently sit at 7th in the standings, but our post-season chances are almost certain. What will we need to do to compete in the playoffs?

2. Do you think our boy Jesper Norberg will be able to hang on and win the Alexander Chershenko trophy? (Most goals)

3. Which player has the best/most funny name in the VHLM?

4. I picked the Canadiens to win the stanley cup in my bracket. Any chance this actually happens?

5. What is your take on Tuukka Rask opting out in the middle of the first round?

6. Has anyone tried the new sourdough chicken club sandwich from Burger King yet? I have and it was pretty heckin good

Edited by a_Ferk

20 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

1. We currently sit at 7th in the standings, but our post-season chances are almost certain. What will we need to do to compete in the playoffs?

2. Do you think our boy Jesper Norberg will be able to hang on and win the Alexander Chershenko trophy? (Most goals)

4. I picked the Canadiens to win the stanley cup in my bracket. Any chance this actually happens?

5. What is your take on Tuukka Rask opting out in the middle of the first round?

6. Has anyone tried the new sourdough chicken club sandwich from Burger King yet? I have and it was pretty heckin good

1. Goals

2. I hope so

3. Me of course

4. More of a chance than the hurricanes ?

5. Um, I have no idea

6. I have not. #Whoppers4Life

On 8/16/2020 at 2:27 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Need to be more consistent. If we're all but certain to make the playoffs, could be a good time to try something new. We have great depth so as long as that keeps up I think we still have a good shot.

2. I hope so. Dude is a beast. Just when you think he couldn't possibly score anymore he's lighting it up again.

3. There's a few for me. Fat palloon, Christian mingle, Venus thightrap. Every time I see those names I chuckle.

4. Not at all. But hey, you can dream. Haha

5. Don't really blame him. One day hockey will be over and health and safety should be the most important thing.

6. I have not. I've heard good things though.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, a_Ferk said:

1) Adding a certain dman will help a lot ?
2) Absolutely, dude is a game changing goalscorer
3) Venus thightrap is a good one
4) Seeing how these series are going, anything is possible at this point
5) Happy for him, family and safety should always be a priority.
6) Not a thing in my country, sounds good though.

Better Goaltending, I'd say. I'm awful this year.

I think so. Nut then again, I haven't looked. 

Christian Mingle ??

I'd say on this Wednesday, those odds look preeeeetty long.

It's a bad look lol. If you need to opt out, opt out. I'm all for keeping your family safe. But he's done everything in his power to make sure everyone judges the fuck out of him for doing so lol. You can't be talking about how boring it is and now they're saying he's out golfing lol. I'm guessing he's making some enemies in Boston.

Now I have to try it. When someone says heckin good, you gotta give it a go.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:27 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Just keep playing our game, and not letting the pressure of the situations get to us. 

2. I definitely think so, he's been a scoring machine all season, and I see no reason as to why he'd let up.

3. Venus Thightrap, that shit had me dead

4. I mean, I doubt it... but, it's not 0%

5. I see no problem with it. Guys need to take care of themselves and their families, cause that's what they're fighting for. If he feels he needs to opt out, then so be it.

6. Can't say that I have... but Burger King has the worst chicken sandwich ever, so tbh my expectations aren't that high

On 8/16/2020 at 2:27 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. The whole team needs to step up big, I need to play better then I have been the past few games.

2. As of right now it's looking like it is all Hall's. Still happy with my performance but I wish I'd done better.

3. Easily Venus Thightrap.

4. Ha! Hindsight and all that... But maybe another Canadian team can win ;)

5. It doesn't look good for him, it'll look even worse if the Bruins win the cup. But at the end of the day it is his decision and he has to make the choices he feels are best for himself and his family.

6. So, I haven't had it, I've only made it. Just finished my last day at BK on Thursday before senior year of highschool. If you really want something good throw some ranch sauce and mustard on a plain bacon cheeseburger  

1. What is your favorite memory from the regular season?

2. Do you think this team is good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs? 

3. How is your Stanley Cup bracket looking so far? If you don't have a bracket, who do you hope wins?

4. What kind of music have you been listening to lately?

5. If you were put in charge of a VHLM expansion, where would you put a team?

6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

9 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

3. How is your Stanley Cup bracket looking so far? If you don't have a bracket, who do you hope wins?

1) Getting to know all the players and teams in the VHLM, long time since I've played there.
2) Yeah, #saskybois
3) I have Vegas as the stanley cup champions, so far looking good.
4) Lots of rap
5) Bring hockey to Australia, untapped market.
6) Pasta

2 Shutouts in one sim. Sure, it was Halifax. Still, that was neat. I'll pretend Houston hasn't rolled me for 7 goals a game every other game.

If the Goalie will get his shit together, sure.

I don't have a bracket. I live in Tampa, so the Lightning are my squad. We dropped that game last night, but I'm still hopefuly.

The world's largest spectrum of music. Christian Music to start my morning, but by mid-day I'm listening to G-Funk West Coast form the 90s. I don't get it either.

Puerto Rico Penguins

A burrito, because it could fit the most other foods. Perfect loophole.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:52 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Seeing new younger players come in and absolutely dominate!

2. I think so. We certainly have our biggest test yet in the first round. If we can get through that I think we can take it all.

3. A big mess haha I was way off.

4. I mainly listen to punk rock. Listening to a lot of Dear Landlord and Forever Unclean.  But I throw in some folk and hip hop.

5. I'd like to see one close to home so maybe Barrie? It's not flashy but it's a good junior city.

6. This is so tough because I love so many types of food haha. I guess if it came down to it, I'd pick sushi.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:52 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. My first career hat trick or maybe playing with Vericel at the end of the season when he started tearing it up.

2. Anything can happen, but honestly I don't see us going super deep with the level of competition this high. However, I think if we can beat Houston we can beat any team and have a really strong chance at going to the finals if we make it past the first round.

3. No bracket, go Canucks. **** Reaves. :)

4. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, recently it has been a lot of lo-fi hip hop kind of artists.

5. If it had to be another North American team... I'd slap one in Anchorage just for the hell of it. Outside of NA I would consider putting a team in the UK or a city more south in Europe like Athens.

6. Rice or pasta. I already eat pasta every chance I get so.

1. What do you think of our chances against Houston?

2. What should our strategy be going into game five?

3. How have you been dealing with no NHL the past few days?

4. Do you pour in the cereal or the milk first?

5. Is pineapple on pizza good?

6. Who was your biggest influence when you first joined the league?

1. What do you think of our chances against Houston? - We wouldn't be here if we didn't have a chance. Our defense will be spread out to slow down their dangerous attack, and we have firepower of our own. I have faith in this team!

2. What should our strategy be going into game five? - Keep Houston bottled up at the boards, force them into taking bad shots and just frustrate them. Get them off their game while we dictate play with ours. 

3. How have you been dealing with no NHL the past few days? - It did the Flyers a favor, as Carter Hart got extra rest instead of a back-to-back. Granted, he still has one this weekend now, but they can have him at full strength for Game Three.

4. Do you pour in the cereal or the milk first? - The cereal, I don't add milk. ?

5. Is pineapple on pizza good? - I love pineapple and pizza, but I just don't think they go well together.

6. Who was your biggest influence when you first joined the league? - @STZ was a massive influence on me, to this day I measure locker rooms by how the Season 33 Bratislava Watchmen was. He was a fun, helpful, and energetic leader, an absolute joy to play for. He could motivate you to run through walls, he'd have you that fired up. 

On 8/29/2020 at 7:19 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. We lost lel, git gud.

2. Not what we did. Score more goals next time.

3. I don't get to watch it usually since there aren't any cheap services to watch it on here in the UK, so business as usual for me. I do wish we could watch more often though, brits only really seem to care about football and tennis when it comes to streaming / showing stuff on tv.

4. I've been having my cereal with water lately. It's gross sounding but doesn't taste too different, milk has been giving me a headache. You just can't drink the water after you finish the cereal like you do with milk. However, I pour the cereal first, you don't want the liquid to splash everywhere...

5. Don't start this again, my GM in the PBE would argue with me over this. ? Yes, pineapple on pizza is good, that doesn't mean anyone else has to eat it, it just means I like it. Haha.

6. I am sure this is obvious but my wife @emi , she helped me get into the league and figure out where everything is. In terms of my character though, I based my player around Logan Couture from the shorks.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:19 AM, a_Ferk said:

1) Obviously we lost and they were a strong squad, but we took a game off them so there's something.
2) winning could work.
3) I'm not that hardcore in the sense that I need hockey pumping through my veins everyday, couple of days off is a nice thing.
4) Cereal first, anyone who does the opposite is a psychopath
5) Very good, although it gets boring if you have it too frequently 
6) Everyone on the original Philadelphia Reapers roster.

1. What are you looking forward to in the off-season?

2. Where do you think you will end up next season?

3. What is your favorite player name from S75 so far? It seems to have its fair share of meme names.

4. Who do you think will win the Founder's Cup?

5. What have you been watching on tv/netflix lately?

6. Who has the best profile picture in the league?

On 9/1/2020 at 6:35 AM, a_Ferk said:

3. What is your favorite player name from S75 so far? It seems to have its fair share of meme names.

1. I like getting interview from major league teams who are looking to draft me. :)

2. I'm hoping to be drafted to a friendly majors team with a good atmosphere, hopefully the same team as @Emi or @LatinViking . I'm probably still going to be playing for Saskatoon but I will be poised ready to be called up whenever they're ready for me.

3. @nikhedonia because nepotism, but I do actually like this username. It means to anticipate victory, which is very fitting for a sports league. I like the hopefulness of it.

4. Saskatoon

5. Since our wifi has been out we have only been able to watch old dvds that we have hanging around.... on repeat. So we have been watching the Mighty Boosh, and seasons 14 and 15 of southpark. When the wifi is back up I'm gonna continue watching Supernatural by myself and The Muppets (2015) with @Emi. Honestly though, I get through a lot more youtube than I do tv shows, my viewing habits are a weird mix of minecraft videos, lolita fashion wardrobe tours and political commentary.

6. @a_Ferk Of course, I think you know this, I think this is why you asked.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:35 AM, a_Ferk said:

1) Getting free TPE from Training Camp, that's always exciting, that and being drafted of course.
2) Actually no idea, I haven't looked at any mock drafts(if there are any), I'm open to being surprised, hopefully a team that I haven't played for ever.
3) Clinton Giftopoulus is a good one
4) I get phases where I nonstop grind shows but currently im not on one
6) me(not biased of course)

On 9/1/2020 at 1:35 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. Assigning all that TP getting ready to make my VHL debut.

2.  I'm Prague bound baby!

3. Honestly I haven't had too much time to look at any of them yet. Been dealing with a bunch family stuff.

4. Looks like Minnesota already made that decision for me haha.

5. I've been watching a lot of Key and Peele. I just finished the most recent season of last chance u.

6. I'm pretty partial to my own if I'm being honest haha

• 2 weeks later...

1. What do you think of the Las Vegas Aces new logo?

2. Are you shocked that we went 2-0 to start the season?

3. If you could play a different position, what would it be?

4. What is you favorite part about being in Saskatoon?

5. What is your goal for this season?

6. Are you cheering for Tampa or Dallas in the Stanley Cup finals?