VSN - Mock Expansion Draft

Nykonax

A Mock VHLM Expansion Draft

The VHLM is ever expanding, and with the recent announcement by Beketov, GM’s in the VHL and VHLM are all scrambling and are making the tough decisions on who to protect and who to expose. Using my own, probably terrible protection lists I’m going to do a mock expansion draft for the VHLM

Rules:

Order will be determined randomly, and be conducted in a snake draft

Each expansion franchise will get 3 selections

Each team may protect 5 assets (players and/or draft picks in the next two Dispersal Drafts, and can only lose 1 asset to the Expansion Draft

Each team may protect two 1st round picks without counting against the protection limit

Protection Lists:

Ottawa:

Protected:

Lynch (134 TPE)

Draper (84 TPE)

S65 OTT 2nd

S65 OTT 3rd

S66 OTT 2nd

Unprotected:

Rasputinov - 67 TPE

Roll Fizzlebeef - 161 TPE

Vegas

Protected:

Josh Harris - 161 TPE

S65 LVA 3rd

Kevin Weekes - 151 TPE

Mitch Matthews - 141 TPE

Rocky LaGarza - 118 TPE

Unprotected:

Fourier - 60 TPE

Rykonen - 50 TPE

Sulerzyski - 79 TPE

Matthews - 157 TPE

Saskatoon

Protected:

S65 SSK1st

S65 LVA 1st

S66 SSK 1st

S66 SSK 2nd

S66 LVA 2nd

S66 HFX 2nd

S66 SSK 3rd

Unprotected:

Kachur - 43 TPE
LaVey - 61 TPE
Schaefer - 30 TPE
Baier - 50 TPE

Backlund - 30 TPE

Oslo

Protected:

S65 OSL 1st

S65 HFX 1st

S65 SSK 2nd

S65 SSK 3rd

S66 OSL 1st

S66 OTT 1st

S66 LVA 1st

Unprotected:

Koivuhaka - 53 TPE

Toast - 76 TPE

Harrison - 62 TPE

Szita - 110 TPE

Kai - 132 TPE

And more players

Yukon

S65 YUK 1st

S65 OTT 1st

S65 YUK 2nd

S65 OSL 2nd

S66 YUK 1st

S66 YUK 2nd

S66 OSL 2nd

Unprotected:

Andrianopoulus - 80 TPE

B.B Nat - 76 TPE

Jessy Thomas - 72 TPE

Foxxe - 34 TPE

Renner - 53 TPE

Ristau - 32 TPE

Halifax

S66 HFX 1st

S66 HFX 3rd

Edvin - 130 TPE

Moose - 110 TPE

Bald Guy - 139 TPE

Kozlov - 145 TPE

Unprotected:

MacKinnon - 139 TPE

Flipachyev - 116 TPE

Other Roster Members

Draft

Since we don’t know the order of picking DahlbergRocks will represent the team with the first selection, and @PeaceSucks will represent the team with the second pick

1. DahlbergRocks: Matthew Kai - 132 TPE

Matthew Kai is the first selection of the expansion draft (as of today, might not be when the draft happens since he may be going up). Kai is an activer earner, improving his player each week. He’s in discord and active on the forums, making him a safe and good pick at 1st overall.

1. PeaceSucks: Nathan MacKinnon - 139 TPE

Nathan MacKinnon is one of the best VHLMer’s. His build has proven to work, scoring over 100 points in S63 with the proper ice time. Unfortunately he’s inactive, and isn’t earning any TPE. Still a good pick at 2nd overall who can be used as trade bait for a contender, or a core piece of a playoff run.

1. PeaceSucks: S65 HFX 2nd

Because of the expansion draft format as a snake draft, team two, aka PeaceSucks is up on the podium again. Since Yukon has almost the entire 2nd round, they aren’t able to protect all their picks. With Halifax’s season being worse than the other 2nd they exposed, Vegas’ team two selects this pick. 2nd rounders can turn into great VHLMers with good scouting, and having the chance of getting a player who could cap is great.

1. DahlbergRocks: Nikita Flipachyev - 116 TPE

Flipachyev is the second inactive Halifax exposed, and he’s also done good during his time in the VHLM. Another inactive like MacKinnon, he’s posted good numbers in some of the seasons he’s played. In S63 playing alongside MacKinnon he scored 48 goals and had a 98 point campaign, showing that with a good playmaker, he can easily score goals for the team.

1. DahlbergRocks: S65 LVA 2nd

With their last selection Team One will take the S65 LVA 2nd. Again, Yukon didn’t have enough protection slots, so they had to let the Vegas’ 2nd go. Like the same with the HFX 2nd, this pick could turn into a great player for the team, or maybe even the next VHLM superstar. 2nd’s are usually safe picks and this one is no different, especially in a solid draft class like the S65 one.

1. PeaceSucks: S65 HFX 3rd

With the last expansion draft pick, Team Two will take another pick. This time a S65 3rd. 3rd’s, like 2nd’s, can also turn into good players. Fun fact: Elias Dahlberg - the S63 VHLM leading scorer, points scorer, and overall MVP was chosen with a 3rd round pick. One thing we’ve learned - you can’t go wrong with picks. Unless your @Trifecta and picked a guy who says the hard R in discord and gets banned…. Then I guess you can.

24 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Also, every team can only lose one asset, so HOU and PHI could not pick MacKinnon, Flipachyev and a pick from me. Though I wouldn't mind them taking MacKinnon or Flipachyev, to be honest. Please, @Sonnet, @BladeMaiden

fuck me, forgot about that rule lol

Matthews, Renner, Rasputinov are all on their last year of rights. They will play nowhere next season unless they come back and sign in FA somewhere.

Also, I assume Esso will find out whether Fizzlebeef will still be down (tbh I never considered he might be down, assumed he'd go up, since achievement tracker and TC will get him 3/4 of the way there). If he's down, he really ought to be protected. If he's up, then I guess he's technically unprotected, but in the same sense that Dahlberg or Lawson are unprotected, and wouldn't typically be listed because why bother.