The Great League File Debate [Formerly S65 VHLM Index]

Beketov

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, cpetrella said:

How could you use the wrong sim file? The simmer doesn’t have access to the files on OTHER USER’s computers, so how is that even an issue? The simmer has their own separate file, which is theirs, and which is used for simming official league games. I really don’t see why the file can’t be shared other than because you guys just don’t want to

More copies = more room for error. Unlikely to be a problem but I prefer to eliminate room for error. My main concern is mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can find it. It’s still unlikely but I don’t love the potential.

Just now, Esso2264 said:

@Beketov can we like take this thread and put it elsewhere and make another index thread? just to lighten the index thread you know

Yeah, we probably can.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

More copies = more room for error. Unlikely to be a problem but I prefer to eliminate room for error. My main concern is mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can find it. It’s still unlikely but I don’t love the potential.

Yeah, we probably can.

I don’t necessarily agree, but I understand that. I appreciate the explanation man

4 hours ago, Sonnet said:

No, actually. I've been working myself to death in literally everything BUT this sim league. I appreciate you making assumptions about what I'm prioritizing in like, and being a snide asshole because you think you know everything about me.

If you feel like being considerate for two goddamn seconds of your life, I've been working myself that much for the batshit amounts of work I've been having to do to keep a near 4.0 GPA. If you're actually ignorant enough to think that I'm doing nothing outside of visiting this goddamn website, and are confident enough to be that kind of a douchebag over me genuinely wanting to kill myself, then I ACTUALLY have no fucking words for your miserable ass.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by TheFlash

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, Eudaldkp said:

@Beketov are they going to be more preseason games? Who shall we send the lines to?

Always send lines to the two accounts as usual unless you’re told otherwise.

Ill be doing two more for each team this afternoon so every team will have 4.

• Commissioner

I'm re-naming and cleaning this topic up as a suggestion / complaint instead of an index. Just doesn't make sense to have all that in an index topic. So if you want to continue the conversation you can do so in here.

Lmao, the title is so nice compared to the overall tone of the conversation, especially the first part of it. Imo great debate should be reserved for threads of 10 pages or more.

The decision to withhold the file from a larger group of people probably for the best once you explained it would cause even more errors and troubles if you had to manage two files.

Edited by majesiu

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Eudaldkp said:

"debate"

legit lolled.

Appreciate @Beketov for supporting the discussion and potentially taking it to BOG! 

Edited by Josh.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Anyone who test sims deserves to lose and probably sucks ass as a GM

Why? What harm can come from testing? It can only help you, it won't hurt your team. I know it's a mostly random sim engine, but I'm sure it works in such a way where one line combo might work better than another.

I'm not saying it's going to help you go 72-0 but surely you could use it to test lines and see how the do over an X amount of games.

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Why? What harm can come from testing? It can only help you, it won't hurt your team. I know it's a mostly random sim engine, but I'm sure it works in such a way where one line combo might work better than another.

I'm not saying it's going to help you go 72-0 but surely you could use it to test lines and see how the do over an X amount of games.

Well it might give you a rough idea against the exact line combinations you test against but there’s no way of knowing what other GM’s will do. Combined with the randomness of STHS and possible roster changes and such and you basically have the same crapshoot as usual making it a complete waste of time.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Well it might give you a rough idea against the exact line combinations you test against but there’s no way of knowing what other GM’s will do. Combined with the randomness of STHS and possible roster changes and such and you basically have the same crapshoot as usual making it a complete waste of time.

I agree, but I think it's as much of a crapshoot as an IRL coach running new lines in practice. I'm not saying I'm for or against this, I don't blame you for not sharing the file. I probably wouldn't toss it around either.