Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Henry Melton signs with the Cowboys... finally some good news out of Big D!

Really solid contract too, I can't believe Jerry had it in him.  1-year deal with a team option for 3 more...  Becomes a 4-year deal if he's on the team 4/1/15.  Maybe Marinelli can get his ass back into gear.  Still gaping holes (pun intended) on that line though, but nice add.

Edited by frescoelmo

You're excused, but only if you agree that he is overrated and that Seattle made a huge mistake committing to him for 3 years :)

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said about Flynn. He was overrated by the Hawks and he was overrated by the Raiders. Hell, Matt Flynn was overrated his entire career with LSU because that squad was carried by Dorsey, Holliday, LaFell, Doucet, Landry and Bowe.

He is the perfect backup for Green Bay though.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said about Flynn. He was overrated by the Hawks and he was overrated by the Raiders. Hell, Matt Flynn was overrated his entire career with LSU because that squad was carried by Dorsey, Holliday, LaFell, Doucet, Landry and Bowe.

He is the perfect backup for Green Bay though.

That whole LSU roster is overrated!  Except for maybe Bowe if he can get back on his feet.  But yes, well said.

Edited by frescoelmo

Really solid contract too, I can't believe Jerry had it in him.  1-year deal with a team option for 3 more...  Becomes a 4-year deal if he's on the team 4/1/15.  Maybe Marinelli can get his ass back into gear.  Still gaping holes (pun intended) on that line though, but nice add.

I think Melton could end up being the perfect replacement for Hatcher, very similar skill set. All depends on his health and whether or not Dallas comes up with more quality linemen. George Selvie was very solid last year, but he's the type of guy who won't produce if double-teamed. REALLY hoping Jerry is eyeing a pass rusher with our first or planning to bring Anthony Spencer back.

Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams stabbed at home  

mike-williams-arraign-bucs1.jpgMike Williams was stabbed on Sunday afternoon, police confirmed. (USATSI)

Buccaneers wideout Mike Williams, who's spent this offseason running afoul of his neighbors and the law, was stabbed in his home on Sunday and is currently at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office confirmed to WSTV that Williams was stabbed in the thigh and receiving medical care. Williams brother is the primary suspect in the stabbing.

The Hillsborough spokeswoman would not release the brother's name but said that police are looking for him on Sunday evening after the Sunday afternoon stabbing.

Williams 2013 season ended early thanks to a torn hamstring but his offseason since has gone much worse.

The wide receiver, who recently signed to a big six-year, $40 million contract, is facing trespass and criminal mischief charges.

His neighbors have since complained that Williams threw loud house parties and at least one neighbor said they "despise" him.

New coach Lovie Smith was not happy about Williams recent behavior when speaking at the 2014 NFL Combine.

"There's a pattern here and it's disturbing," Smith said. "No one is bigger than this football team. He has to understand that.

"Have I been disappointed in Mike Williams? Of course, there's a standard. We're just not going to put up with it, no matter who it is. You have to be good on the field and off the field. Simple as that. And if you're not doing what you need to do one or the other, you have problems and that's where Mike has to take care of a few things."

Williams recently pled not guilty to the charges.

"We are aware of the situation that occurred at the residence of Mike Williams and are working with him and the authorities to get additional information," the statement read. "While we have limited knowledge at this time, our primary concern is for the safety and well bring of all involved. We will refrain from further comment until we can get a better understanding of the situation."

Ralph Wilson, owner of the Buffalo Bills has passed. Next days should be interesting to see what he did with the Bills in his will. 

I think his niece would be the person who takes it on, wouldn't surprise me.

I think his niece would be the person who takes it on, wouldn't surprise me.

From what I've always understood, the team is going into receivership until it's put up for auction at some point in the future.  None of his heirs expressed any interest in taking the team on (unless something changed behind the scenes, which isn't terribly likely).

The current lease the team has with the stadium has a buyout penalty of $400 million through 2023, except for 2020 when the penalty is $28 million (I might be a year off on those years, but that's the general time frame).

Nonetheless, Mr. Wilson had plenty of chances to move the team, and he kept them in Buffalo for as long as he lived.  That's something myself and every Buffalonian past and present will always appreciate.

Edited by Hybrid1486

Can't wait to see Aaron pout when his o-line opens up like a broken dam.

Can't wait to see Cutler complete 3 TD's to Shields #picksixallday

Can't wait to see Cutler complete 3 TD's to Shields #picksixallday

Oh you mean the overpaid corner (4/39 are you fucking kidding me?) who has one career against them?  I'll take the under on that all day.

Oh you mean the overpaid corner (4/39 are you fucking kidding me?) who has one career against them?  I'll take the under on that all day.

How many Cutler playoff wins have their been though?

Fresco I should mention this though about Shields:

Sam Shields vs. Top NFL WRs,

2013 WR Team Receptions Yards TDs INT

A.J. Green CIN 4 46 1 1

Josh Gordon CLE 0 0 0 0

Brandon Marshall (x2) CHI 1 37 0 0

Calvin Johnson DET 3 46 0 1

Totals   8 129 1 2

In those 5 games he allowed 8 receptions in total from those 5 guys.

Edited by Kendrick

So statistically you cannot prove that Sam Shields will get 3 interceptions against Cutler in one game, let alone his career?

No not exactly you fuck haha. It's trash talk son, Cutler is bad at it cause he can't back it up. Love Trestman, but he still has his hands full.

Smith suspected of bomb threats.

Kaepernick suspected in a strange Miami (possible rape) case.

Culliver deemed not guilty in hit-and-run charges.

Self-destruct.....Go!

• 4 weeks later...

I know it wasn't possible, but I wanted people to bring up his stats and not the big news. Because he is a great player on the field.

Media is a lie. If they believe Sam should be seen as any other player then treat him like one and stop bring in his sexuality in every single subject about it. This "being gay in sports" and "breaking barriers" and what not is great but the day it becomes irrelevant news is the day equality in sports is reached. I understand he's the first, but really why not talk about his on field life like they should.