Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Media is a lie. If they believe Sam should be seen as any other player then treat him like one and stop bring in his sexuality in every single subject about it. This "being gay in sports" and "breaking barriers" and what not is great but the day it becomes irrelevant news is the day equality in sports is reached. I understand he's the first, but really why not talk about his on field life like they should.

Exactly. I have not heard one thing about his stats and the way he plays.

Note: I do know his stats and accolades, as well as the reason he fell, but it would be nice if they told you that on air.

Edited by Kendrick

Media is a lie. If they believe Sam should be seen as any other player then treat him like one and stop bring in his sexuality in every single subject about it. This "being gay in sports" and "breaking barriers" and what not is great but the day it becomes irrelevant news is the day equality in sports is reached. I understand he's the first, but really why not talk about his on field life like they should.

and it's the people supporting Sam's job to ignore it, not the vocal minority against it? We should celebrate it because the NFL is the most "macho" league and the sooner we break down the stereotypes about gay men the better for society. This is a huge thing, please don't knock it down to "well we should just ignore it we we want true equality". The next one we should ignore, but this is special.

Seriously this is like saying we should ignore Jackie Robinson in the 50's being black lol. It seems like a great idea in theory, but Sam is going to be an icon for gay athletes in high school and college. This is not just another athlete being drafted, it's a league wide acceptance of tolerance. I don't know if the NHL would be ready for this, or the mlb but the nfl is and that's pretty cool.

Edited by Tyler

NFL Kordell? No? He got married in 2011 but eventually divorced but this is way after his playing career.

No way back in 2001 Kordell Stewart was publicly brought out as being gay, it was common knowledge too. I heard that way before I started playing the game

No way back in 2001 Kordell Stewart was publicly brought out as being gay, it was common knowledge too. I heard that way before I started playing the game

I think it was rumours that people were making of him because he was "seen" at gay parks or something and someone made up a rumour of him bangin a dude in a limo. He never publically came out and said himself that he was gay. He quit because everyone was treating him like he came out when in reality he didn't because his play was falling off. I just remember it being the media ruining this guy. (when I say remember I mean reading stories on it a few years ago. I'd have no idea what that stuff is about at the age of 7 lol.) Edited by 8Ovechkin8

I think it was rumours that people were making of him because he was "seen" at gay parks or something and someone made up a rumour of him bangin a dude in a limo. He never publically came out and said himself that he was gay. He quit because everyone was treating him like he came out when in reality he didn't because his play was falling off. I just remember it being the media ruining this guy. (when I say remember I mean reading stories on it a few years ago. I'd have no idea what that stuff is about at the age of 7 lol.)

Yeah it's a shame because from what I gathered at the time (Age 13), he was a talented guy and a class act.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As a Bills fan I am forced into over optimism each season Billieving (yes) my team is going to not only win every game during the season but win the super bowl.  Each season is "THE" season until a few weeks in becomes "There is always next season".  The defense is good no one around the league dismisses that along with the great running system in place.  However I follow the team daily and this season definitely feels different it feels real.  Sammy Watkins seems to be legit and not legit hes a #1 WR but legit he could be one of the better receivers in the league.  This week the Bills have been in PA practicing against the Steelers before their pre-season game on Saturday.  I just can't stop smiling about the plays like this that Watkins keeps delivering every day in practice he just shames the Steeler DB.

Edited by Mike

No offence but the Steelers secondary aint too pretty anyways. Ike Taylor is actually on the butt end of jokes so much that he is in a song.

I've done this before and decided to do it again. I went through all the teams' schedules, did wins and losses and what not and this is what I came up with:

(Accuracy of this will sit around 0-.01%)

NFC East

Philadelphia (10-6)

Dallas (8-8)

New York (8-8)

Washington (7-9)

NFC North

Chicago (11-5)

Green Bay (11-5)

Detroit (10-6)

Minnesota (3-13)

NFC South

New Orleans (10-6)

Carolina (9-7)

Atlanta (8-8)

Tampa Bay (4-12)

NFC West

Seattle (13-3)

San Francisco (11-5)

Arizona (8-8)

St. Louis (7-9)

Notes:

-Yes, the playoffs are very similar. No, that will not happen.

-Minnesota and Tampa Bay's awful records and indicative of their very good divisions. I actually think both of them are good.

-I like Arizona and St. Louis a lot, but I think that San Francisco and Seattle are just too strong and that will cripple their records. If either make them playoffs, I would not be surprised.

-The North and South are up in the air. I could really see Detroit, Carolina, or Atlanta sliding into one of those playoffs spots.

NFC Playoffs

San Francisco over Philadelphia

New Orleans over Green Bay

San Francisco over Seattle

Chicago over New Orleans

San Francisco over Chicago

Notes:

-I think this may be the 49ers' year in the NFC if Kaepernick can take another step forward. New Orelans gets the edge over Green Bay because they play at home, but once they head to the cold in Chicago, Brees freezes alive and they lose.

-I could absolutely see Chicago making a run, it just depends on how their defense plays since we all know their offense will likely be one of the best in the league with Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett.

AFC East

New England (11-5)

Buffalo (7-9)

Miami (7-9)

New York (4-12)

AFC North

Pittsburgh (11-5)

Cincinnati (10-6)

Baltimore (8-8)

Cleveland (4-12)

AFC South

Indianapolis (12-4)

Houston (5-11)

Tennessee (5-11)

Jacksonville (3-13)

AFC West

Denver (12-4)

Kansas City (8-8)

San Diego (7-9)

Oakland (3-13)

Notes:

-I think the Jets take a step back due to horrendous quarterback play. I expect to see Geno get benched in favor of Vick and then they realize how horrible Vick is and cry themselves to sleep at night.

-I think Manuel and Tannehill take a small step forward, allowing improved play from both Buffalo and Miami.

-Yes, the playoffs look similar to last season here too. No, it won't happen here either.

-I think the AFC South is the worst division in football. Not a huge statement though.

-I could see both Kansas City and San Diego being better, but I couldn't really find them many additional wins.

AFC Playoffs

New England over Kansas City

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

Denver over Pittsburgh

Indianapolis over New England

Indianapolis over Denver

Notes:

-Gut feeling on Indy over Denver. 

-Alex Smith is not a championship guy.

-I had Cincy beating Pittsburgh twice in the regular season, hard to beat a team three times and they can't do it here. Plus, a ginger is not allowed to win the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl

San Francisco over Indianapolis

Notes:

-Defense wins championships, but a good offense doesn't hurt. Kaepernick will improve thanks to the addition of Stevie Johnson on top of Boldin and Crabtree. He finally gets to click with Crabtree since he actually manages to stay healthy. The running game of Gore/Hyde/James/Lattimore also plays a very key role in the offensive attack.