The future of the VHL. [1/2]

hedgehog337

41660928_175783069981199_135869726740883610_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram.com

*someone caught me...smh*

Don't worry, there would be no negative thing mentioned in this article. I just want to type some of my minds here. I don't know BoG plans since I'm not among them so I can only guess what are they thinking about. So this is the only thing I can do now - raise some questions about the future of this league.

1. How much expansion teams?

Let's be honest, it's hard to imagine there would be no expansion happening. The S66 draft is about to become the deepest in whole VHL history (maybe). And I can't see that teams could afford to have all of them. Only if Moscow and maybe Calgary. Unless commishes are going to raise a cap, which could be a possiblity. But I guess it's better to have 10 teams again than forcing majority of S66 draftees to take 10-12 minutes per game cause they have no good spot in the team.

2. The cap raise?

I already mentioned this possiblity. That could be good news for competing teams that have multiple players with a heavy cap. Like Riga and Vancouver. I'd imagine rebuilding teams won't care about this since they will have enough money for draftees. But the competing teams? Because the another question might be - are all immediate call ups be ok with taking the minimum money?

3. Three/four lines?

This was a big topic back when boubabi was unbanned for the first time. In fact, the first signs of this happened in his thread about Franchise Cornerstone. @jRuutu was the member who mentioned about this. At the end of the day, boub's thread hit 300 post mark because this indeed was a very hot topic for a moment. Ruutu even had an alercation with Kendrick in discord about this. He was comparing our league with SHL that indeed has a three or four line system so he was interested in cutting even more teams for implementing this thing in this league as well. In my opinion, that wasn't the best decision to do this back then when we didn't have so much new members coming in. But what about now, with these deep drafts? Is that possible? How older members are going to react on this? How about the cap? Are members going to be ok with playing max 20-25 minutes per game? There are so much questions about this, but this definitely becomes a more viable option for the future.

4. Latvian takeover?

Not really related to this topic, but interesting thing for me. Apparently, there are few Latvians who came here either from reddit/youtube or other member brought him. At this moment, we are four or five: me, @FrostBeard, @DoubleCarl, @GRZ and... @hejta? I wasn't sure about the last one. But first of all, he recruited GRZ. Second, his player is from Latvia so I assume he's also our fellow. One way or another, we have so much Latvians for the first time since @Prikulis5 and @Paramorise days. So yeah, this is nice.

End of article. That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Kallis.

@hedgehog337 You are right, latvians are getting more pronounced here in VHL and I do believe this is just a start to a great chapter in VHL and in general - looking at S66 draft and VHLM right now - everything truly looks stacked..

Great job btw - keep it up my dude!

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

More teams is clearly the way, cap raises lead to greater disparity and three lines suck.

This.

I think seeing how rosters look after we have had 10 VHL teams for a few seasons is probably the best play before determining if we should just rush in to make hasty actions otherwise. I think if it comes down to do it and the community is large enough it's just more expansion over adding more to cap/more to lines. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

his thread about Franchise Cornerstone.

Doesn’t that describe all his threads?

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

. Latvian takeover?

Not really related to this topic, but interesting thing for me. Apparently, there are few Latvians who came here either from reddit/youtube or other member brought him. At this moment, we are four or five: me, @FrostBeard, @DoubleCarl, @GRZ and... @hejta? I wasn't sure about the last one. But first of all, he recruited GRZ. Second, his player is from Latvia so I assume he's also our fellow. One way or another, we have so much Latvians for the first time since @Prikulis5 and @Paramorise days. So yeah, this is nice.

Y'all need to get Zemgus Girgensons back in the ASG

6 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I mean, we already are having some teams running with two and half lines (7 or 8 forwards) cause they can afford it.

I have 7 forwards 3 D, going to need to dump some players next season and my whole team is on rookie deals pretty well.

• Admin
7 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I mean, we already are having some teams running with two and half lines (7 or 8 forwards) cause they can afford it.

That's fine, just dont think it should go further than that.

• 2 months later...

Review

I think this was well written. I like reading your thoughts about league. I think it is best right now to stay the course with 10 teams and see how many of these new members stay active. It would be extremely hasty to expand right away and say most of these new guys do go inactive. then we expanded without seeing how it would play out. I think it'd be just like how SBA is expanding. just see how it plays out. then expand if need be