Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

Welcome, Hounds, to this week's press conference! Here are this week's questions:

1) Well, we've gone on a cold streak that has dropped us out of the playoff spot we once held. Can we turn this around and get back in?

2) What do we need to do better to get out of this cold streak?

3) What's one thing that you feel we have been doing well, even despite the recently struggles?

4) What do you do as a player to stay positive in situations like these and continue to bring your best effort every night?

5) Anyone know what their plans for S77 are? If you're an S77 prospect, have teams started to reach out to you for draft interviews yet?

6) Do you follow the NHL? Who's your team?

20 minutes ago, tcookie said:

Welcome, Hounds, to this week's press conference! Here are this week's questions:

1) Well, we've gone on a cold streak that has dropped us out of the playoff spot we once held. Can we turn this around and get back in?

I think we can. We're 5 points out with a game in hand. If everyone works hard we have a chance.

Get back to defense. We've been scoring more but our defense has been lackadaisical. Also, hopefully the vacation did Spinelli some good and he go on a streak!

3) What's one thing that you feel we have been doing well, even despite the recently struggles?

Well, our special teams have been decent. Our PP is 7th and our PK is 5th so that's been helping us at least keep the games closer.

4) What do you do as a player to stay positive in situations like these and continue to bring your best effort every night?

I'm just happy we can still play hockey and enjoy the team atmosphere. We're close so there is hope and something to play for! Also, I'm trying to impress for the VHL draft.

5) Anyone know what their plans for S77 are? If you're an S77 prospect, have teams started to reach out to you for draft interviews yet?

I'm a S77 prospect and I should be around 250 at the end of the season. Surprisingly, I haven't had any contact with any VHL teams yet.

Die hard Vancouver Canucks fan!

Bo Horvat Yes GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

I think so as a lot of our Season 77 prospects have continued updating their players. So hopefully this translates to wins in the sim.

Work on our details and focus on a better team effort defensively. 

Increasing shot block totals. Although that may have something to do sith pur cold streak since our team has less possession time.

It helps to know were still in the mix for the playoffs. As long as there is hope we can stay positive.

I'd like to stay in the VHLM one more season. Have not been contacted yet.

Yes, the Vancouver Canucks sadly.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, tcookie said:

1) Of course. I plan on playing better and better spending my TPE to play a part

2) Pucks in deep, find some Heatley in '07 form

3) I've still been a physical, nasty player

4) remember that, win or lose, we are a band of brothers

5) if I get enough TPE, i'd love to move up to moscow. if not, i'd like to lead the hounds to victory with all the prospects we have coming up

6) The Toronto Maple Leafs. Pain.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:38 PM, tcookie said:

1)Yes, of course. We just need a hope and everybody needs to push the max tpe they can.

2)As i said everyone needs to claim the daily tpe. 

3)Communicating with the team 

4)I keep myself positive cuz in my head i think this is a rebuild season and i do my best out there

5)Riga

6)CBJ ON TOP

On 2/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, tcookie said:

1.) Never say never, things can change over night. we got this still 
2.) Better Defence, more team activity. more players who care
3.) uhhhh, Scoring?
4.) Its hard. I am just hoping we can get better and win. 
5.) no idea
6.) Vancouver Canucks. 

Was hoping so. Doesn’t look like it though.

Just an overall improvement. Better offense to have no more shut out games and better defense so we’re not losing so badly. 

Despite me harping on our defense earlier, it was the better of the two this season. 

Just keep working. As we all improve the team is bound to get better.

Only my first season. So I can imagine I’ll start getting some interviews next season. 

Loyal to the Oil. 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, tcookie said:

1. 😭

2. It just came down to luck, we kept it close for most of the games but we just couldn't get it done.

3. Keeping it close in most of the games I'm super happy with the final sim we showed what we were capable of by beat the top 2 teams

4. Look for the positives and just focus on the next game don't worry about the last or the standings

5. I'm winning a founders cup 100%, we are gonna dominate.

6. This may come as a shocker but I'm a Detroit fan, and it's painful to follow them 100% but I watch the occasional game and keep up on Instagram 

Welcome to this week's press conference, Hounds! Here are your questions:

1) Well, unfortunately things kind of fell apart down the stretch and we didn't make it in. Any reflections on this season?

2) What does the future hold for you... do you think you'll be back in Mississauga next season?

3) Who do you think will win the Founders Cup this year?

4) How will your player be spending the off-season?

5) How much are you looking forward to the upcoming drafts?

6) Where would you want to go for the final team outing of the season?

Good luck to all S77 draft prospects in the VHL and VHLM drafts, and to anyone moving up to the big leagues next season!

1 minute ago, tcookie said:

1) Well, unfortunately things kind of fell apart down the stretch and we didn't make it in. Any reflections on this season?

2) What does the future hold for you... do you think you'll be back in Mississauga next season?

Good luck to all S77 draft prospects in the VHL and VHLM drafts, and to anyone moving up to the big leagues next season!

1) I think that it's just the way the cookie crumbles. it was unfortunate, but we did great for a team that started the year off with 1 player and a goalie. next year, however, with all of our picks, watch out.

2) I think i'll start off the season with mississauga, and might make my way up to moscow at some point, but I want to get the great people of the Hounds Organization a chip.

3) Minnesota.

4) Going back to Saskatchewan with my boys and shotgunning all day

5) I think the upcoming drafts will be massive for us. we're gonna be great soon.

6) I'm thinking Paris. French babes are unmatched eh boys

4 minutes ago, tcookie said:

1.) team cohestion. we had some lines that worked, some that didnt. thats hockey

2.) I have no idea, unless im traded I should be

3.) Yukon

4.) Going Home if I can

5.) im not. im not in it
6.) Disneyland

I think we just fell short in team depth and skill. We definitely need to improve as a team defensively. I think next season we'll be a contender as long as we add some key pieces in the off season and everyone continues to improve. 

That's the plan bank after 250 and play Season 77 in Mississauga @Zetterberg @tcookie

Minnesota I feel like they have the most complete roster. 

Watching tape and working on my deficiencies. The glaring -38 is something I'll need to improve especially if I want to be considered a shut down defenseman. 

Should be fun I don't really know many of the GM's as I haven't been around in a while. I think I'd be happy to go to any team that selects me. 

The movies, because of the pandemic I haven't gone in over a year I'd like to experience that again. 

18 hours ago, tcookie said:

1. We could have been better defensively as a whole 

2. I should be back next season

3. Probably Minnesota

4. Home if possible 

5. The drafts will help us be better for next season 

6. Either Disneyland or Rome 

20 hours ago, tcookie said:

1) It was a fun season playing with a new group of teammates and @Zetterberg and @tcookie did a great job trying make us competitive and cohesive. Up until the end the games mattered which was exciting! Personally, I pretty much accomplished my goals for the season and it was a great experience!

2) I'm hoping to be drafted and then up in the big league! Probably won't be back but that was the plan all along.

3) It's hard to bet against Houston.

4) I'll be getting stronger and working on all aspects of my game. Maybe take a trip somewhere.

5) Really looking forward to them! I'm hoping to go first round which will be a first for me.

6) Maybe ice fishing with a beer tent? 😄

Well it was a rough one for sure. Definitely need to improve on things myself starting with some fundamentals.

Absolutely. Well atleast i hope so!

The Strom are looking pretty scary right now. Would put my money on them.

Maybe on a beach somewhere. Nice to get away from the cold and the ice for a bit.

Can't say I care for it too much. Good luck to all the draftees though!

Give us a trip to Dubai!

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

1) How are you feeling about the team's chances for next season?

2) What's the typical day in your player's life look like?

3) What's your jersey number? Is there a reason for it?

4) Why did you pick the position you did?

5) Which Hounds player do you think will have the best VHL career?

6) Any playoff surprises for you so far? Who's going to win between Mexico and Houston?

1 hour ago, tcookie said:

6) Any playoff surprises for you so far? Who's going to win between Mexico and Houston?

1. I feel that the team next season will do way better next season

2. Workout and train for a couple hours then watch hockey games on TV

3. 98 because number 99 and 97 were/are taken by two great NHL players and I want to be the next superstar

4. I picked my position because some of the best players play at center

5. I think that Druss Deathwalker will have the best VHL career

6. No and I think that Houston will beat Mexico in 6 games

2 hours ago, tcookie said:

1. Although I won't be there, I think next year's pack should at least make the playoffs. There is a really good core, positive culture and committed management.

2. Practice, exersice, maybe chop a few trees, relax in the evening with some red wine.

3. 66. Birth year

4. More opportunities to be offensive and hit opponents.

5. Well, not to belittle anyone else's chances, but I think Aurelien Moreau will have a very underrated but successful career.

6. Again, it's hard to bet against Houston and the team they've put together.

I feel good. We have some nice picks in this coming draft and everyone seems to be staying active. We might need better goaltending.

Eat, workout, nap, on ice session. Repeat.

#4 because my players birthday is in April.

Defensive defenseman seemed to be different from what everyone else was doing. Wanted to see how effective that type of player can be.

My pick is Druss Deathwalker I see boulet trophies in his future.

Surprised Minnesota isn't in the final. I'll pick Houston.

5 hours ago, tcookie said:

1. I'm feeling great, we're only getting better with all of our upcoming picks

2. Crushin brews back in Sasky.

3. 69, because nice. hah.

4. I felt that Left Wing needed more players, and therefore, i did such

5. Probably Druss, he has a ton of VHL experience

6. not really, I'm saying Mexico will eke it out

22 hours ago, tcookie said:

1.) Im hopeful
2.) relaxing then working out then ice training
3.) 4 (it was my grandfathers number)
4.) to help the team

5.) Spinelli
6.) no, mexico

Pretty confident honestly. We'll be coming as an overall improved team.

Early morning workouts, some gaming and chilling with friends followed by an some evening training. 

32. No reason aside from being a favorite number of mine.

Honestly felt like there was a lack of LWs in the league

Probably Druss Deathwalker

Looks like i'm a little late to this as Mexico won. Can't say any of the results surprised me.

Oh man I'm sorry guys...

1) Congrats to our S76 award winners! Were there any surprises to you?
2) It's a big draft for the Hounds this season as we look to contend in S77. Are there any top prospects you'd like to play with?
3) We're losing some toughness this seaosn with Deathwalker and Moreau... what can this team do to replace it?
4) What's the one thing you want to accomplish most in S77?
5) Have you been paying attention to the VHL international tournaments this off-season? Who are you cheering for?
6) Do you have any ideas to liven up the off-season a bit?

14 hours ago, tcookie said:

Oh man I'm sorry guys...

1) Congrats to our S76 award winners! Were there any surprises to you?
2) It's a big draft for the Hounds this season as we look to contend in S77. Are there any top prospects you'd like to play with?
3) We're losing some toughness this season with Deathwalker and Moreau... what can this team do to replace it?
4) What's the one thing you want to accomplish most in S77?
5) Have you been paying attention to the VHL international tournaments this off-season? Who are you cheering for?
6) Do you have any ideas to liven up the off-season a bit?

1.) Not really, most of the people who won I think we're the obvious choices based on the Locker room Activity and Stats

2.) I'm excited to play with anyone, honestly. Fresh blood always injects new Chemistry and fuel to any team. Looking forward to slaying this season

3.) We can draft another top Defensive prospect and a tough scoring winger. Someone who won't be bullied off the puck and can bury from any point. 

4.) I want to hit the 250 Cap and guarantee a spot next season in Helsinki. 

5.) I don't usually pay attention to them unless I'm in them. But since I'm Uzbeki I'm going for team world. 

6.) Play a bunch of games and drink...honestly.