Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

20 hours ago, tcookie said:

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

Welcome to this week's press conference, Mississauga!

1) Welcome to the newest Hounds, Elvis Michael, Kirby Pandora, and Xavier Lost! What do you think the new players will bring to the team?

2) Do you watch much of the other VHLM games or just keep to the Hounds?

3) We had a bit of a slow start but it's starting to come around. At time of writing, we're only 2 points out of the playoffs. How do you feel about how the season's gone so far?

4) Who do you have as the Hounds' MVP so far?

5) With the Hounds' play looking up the last few sims, what are you going to do to help get better and keep things on the right track for this team?

6) If you couldn't have been a hockey player, what career would you have gone into?

1. Well I think they will bring in a new dimension to the team

2. I just keep to the Hounds

3. I feel like we weren't working right but it is starting to click in same direction 

4. For me the Hounds MVP so far would be our goalie Luke Spinelli (Lspinelli)

5. I will try to score more goals for the team

6. The career I would have gone into if I couldn't be hockey player would be a baseball player 

On 1/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, tcookie said:

1) Welcome to the newest Hounds, Elvis Michael, Kirby Pandora, and Xavier Lost! What do you think the new players will bring to the team?

3) We had a bit of a slow start but it's starting to come around. At time of writing, we're only 2 points out of the playoffs. How do you feel about how the season's gone so far?

5) With the Hounds' play looking up the last few sims, what are you going to do to help get better and keep things on the right track for this team?

6) If you couldn't have been a hockey player, what career would you have gone into?

1) Me! and Elvis and Xavier hopefully Xavier doesn't get Lost 😅

2) I check the standings and I watch the other teams... when they play me 🐼

3) We need to be better defensively, more blocked shots 
Nintendo Eating GIF

4) Luke Spinelli @Lspinelli, i love goalies especially that guy

5) Make more beautiful graphics

6) A digital media designer

On 1/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, tcookie said:

1.) we will bring much needed Depth and Activity to the franchise.

2.) i keep to the team I am on. no one else deserves my time

3.) it could be going better but its a long season so heres hoping

4.) hmmmmmmmmmmmm no idea

5.) earn full points

6.) Polotics

Passion and it's always good to have the extra bodies. Hopefully they help us up both our offense and defense. 

Just the Hounds

Pretty good considering the state that we're in. Truthfully wasn't expecting us to be where we are this early on.

Tough to say as everyone has been contributing someway or another. Maybe Taylor or Deathwalker.

Just keep on improving. If I get better, the team gets better.

Finances I guess?

On 1/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, tcookie said:

1) I think they'll bring some much needed scoring punch to the hounds

2) I just keep up with the hounds

3) I think that the boys have been clicking, and we're making a hard push. i'm interested in keeping upgrading to keep the boys in a good place.

4) Has to be Moreau. he's been an absolute tank on the blue line for us

5) I'm looking to improve on the defensive side of the puck, as well as bringing elite offensive upside

6) Zookeeper, I love animals

On 1/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, tcookie said:

1. I'm excited to have them, Michael has had a huge impact in the locker room and I'm positive he's going to have a huge impact in the future, Pandora has been doing super good as well with 13pts in 14 games with only 80tpe, as for lost we shall see he isn't starting until next week so it up in the air how well he'll preform.

2. Nah hounds is the only games I watch

3. We currently have the top goalie in the league and are only 3pts away from 5th, I'm not upset at all hopefully we can hold onto our playoff spots.

4. Luke Spinelli, Top goaltender in terms of SV% and has kept a lot of our games close.

5. I guess the regular gm stuff, Right now I'm monitoring lines to see what works and what doesn't

6. Graphic designer, I love making graphics for the VHL and it would be a dream to get a career out of it.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, tcookie said:

Yeah, welcome to the new Hounds! I think they round out our team offense and provide some great depth and they've really integrated well into the team so far.

I keep an eye on things to see who our biggest competition is especially related to the playoff race.

Having seen what the other teams had compared to our new roster, I'm really happy with our team performance and I think we'll only get better as the season goes on.

It's hard to go against Spinelli but I'll actually say Aurelien Moreau. He's been a rock back there for us and is bringing it every game offensively, defensively and physically.

I'm going to keep working on my defense, skating and puck handling while also continue to get stronger and maybe learn a new deke or two.

A wood cutter or maybe a demon hunter.

Hoping the new guys can bring energy and some youthful enthusiasm.

Only teams close to Missasauga in the standings. Unless the refs make it unwatchable.

Great I feel like whatever success we have this season we can build toward next season with the experience gained. 

Luke Spinelli. I feel like he's kept us in most games and we need to be better defensively from him.

Improve defensively I feel like as a team we need to be better infront of our goalie since we lack the offensive firepower at this stage.

Lion Tamer.

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

Welcome to this week's Mississauga Hounds press conference everyone!

1) We've moved ourselves up into the 8th playoff spot with a 9-13-2 record so far. Can we hang onto the last playoff spot?

2) What do you think we need to improve most to keep up in the playoff hunt?

3) Are you happy with your performance so far this season? Why or why not? What's the one thing you'd most like to improve on?

4) Do you have any superstitions? Lucky equipment, pre-game routine, anything like that?

5) Who is your player's hockey idol (VHL or NHL)?

6) What's your favourite VHL moment so far?

1) We've moved ourselves up into the 8th playoff spot with a 9-13-2 record so far. Can we hang onto the last playoff spot?

I believe in you guys, the hounds was one of my favorite VHLM teams to be a part of and I know you guys can get to the playoffs!

probably defence or goalies

3) Are you happy with your performance so far this season? Why or why not? What's the one thing you'd most like to improve on?

I am feeling okay with my production so far, I would like to be scoring more each game but only time can help that!

4) Do you have any superstitions? Lucky equipment, pre-game routine, anything like that?

No I do not

Matts Sundin, he was my favorite player growing up

Joining the prauge phantoms and showing the leauge that we can compete with the big dogs

yes

Defence and activity

Hell No

Nope none

Alexsander Beketov @Beketov

6) What's your favorite VHL moment so far?

breaking Canadas gold medal drought

1 hour ago, tcookie said:

Yea, i think if we start playing better we could easily make the playoffs.

2 Need to keep switching up the lines tulle we find the perfect format 

3.No, i think i can do better

4 No

5.Elvis Merzlikins(NHL) 

6.My 3point sim 

I believe we can that's what we have to believe anyway. ;)

Continual growth and activity from the whole team. Hopefully progress all the way to the top of the league if not this season then next.

I think the -9 sticks out like a sore thumb. Would like to be a plus player considering he's built as a defensive defensemen.

Drink earl grey tea before games and a lucky pair of flame socks.

Apollo Skye the way he played for the Quebec City Meute through good and bad times. Real inspiration.

6) What's your favourite VHL moment so far?

The expansion from the first VHL site to the second to the third being this one and eventually the portal. Continual growth just like our team. :)

20 hours ago, tcookie said:

1) I think we won't only hold on, but have a killer season with us getting above .500 on the year

2) I think we just have to keep more lockdown on defense and stop odd man rushes

3) I'm very happy with how i've been doing. first time in my career i've got over 7 points and i'm scoring over a ppg, feels good. I'd like to improve more on my puckhandling and playmaking as well

4) Always foil the knuckles. If anyone tries to fight, they best believe they'll get bucked

5) Matthew Tkachuk.

6) Getting drafted was my shining moment imo personally

1. That's the plan, We have the team to do it and I believe we'll get it done.
2. Our players earning and activity, we need to improve those if we want a chance.
3. My player yeah he's putting up points and is competing for a top 10 spot but my team (Malmo) hasn't been doing very well.
4. I have two sticks and I rotate which one if I have a bad game, if it's a good game I use the same stick for the next one.
5. Take a wild guess 😉
6. It's a tie between when Miami won the founders cup in S74 (I was the AGM) and Malmo's Victory in S75

On 2/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, tcookie said:

Yes, I think we can. A few teams have really stacked up but as a team, we are constantly improving and that will get us there.

As much as defense and goaltending wins championships, I think we need some more offense to keep up with the top teams. We have the lowest Goals For out of the current playoff teams and that needs to get better.

I'm happy with a lot of aspects of my game - my defense and hits (with not many PIMs!) is great. I need to start contributing more on offense though. I needed to score more than 6 goals in 30 games. I need to score more.

I talk to my axe before every game and imagining myself crushing opponents into the boards.

He doesn't know very many players but he's heard of some tales of a giant, John Scott, who in spite of his size, had a moral compass. He can appreciate that.

Having 10 hits in my first game was a great way to start the season!

On 2/1/2021 at 12:14 PM, tcookie said:

1. I believe that we can because we are constantly getting better

2. I think that we need to improve our defense 

3. I am happy with performance because I'm almost a point per game and the one thing that I want to improve is my defense

4. No I don't have any

5. Martin St-Louis

6. My favourite moment so far is being drafted 

1) We've moved ourselves up into the 8th playoff spot with a 9-13-2 record so far. Can we hang onto the last playoff spot?

I don’t see why not. We definitely have the talent and the grit to do so.

I’d say our offense. We’re not the worst with our defense having not let in too many goals but we currently do have one of the weaker offenses in the league. 

I am actually. Currently sitting at 17 Goals and 17 Assists in 32 games. That’s not bad in my books. 

Can’t say I do. Always kind of just tune out the world with some music before a game. 

Myself 😜

Hard to say that I have one. Maybe one of the two games where I got the game winning goal

Welcome to this week's press conference, Hounds! We're starting to play better and are just a point out of 6th right now. Let's keep climbing! Time to get the show on the road; here are your questions:

1) What's your experience with the Hounds been like so far?

2) How has your player developed over the course of the season? Is there something you've been focusing on? Is it showing up on the ice?

3) How do you deal with high pressure situations on the ice?

4) Who do you think is the best team in the VHLM this season?

5) Who do you consider our biggest rival in the VHLM? Do you have any personal rivalries in the league?

6) Did you watch the Super Bowl? Any thoughts on the game?

2 minutes ago, tcookie said:

Welcome to this week's press conference, Hounds! We're starting to play better and are just a point out of 6th right now. Let's keep climbing! Time to get the show on the road; here are your questions:

2) How has your player developed over the course of the season? Is there something you've been focusing on? Is it showing up on the ice?

5) Who do you consider our biggest rival in the VHLM? Do you have any personal rivalries in the league?

1 pretty good 

2 Yea, way more points this season

3 Try to relax myself 

4 Missisauga!

5 Nope, no idea

6 No, not a fan of it 

Great. Love my teammates and the management is top notch.

I think it's been a bit too linear. I focused on increasing checking. So far it has increased hit totals but might actually be hurting my player defensively.

Smelling salts and adrenaline.

I would say Minnesota because the eastern conference is stronger in my opinion.

Right now I would say Philadelphia since we're neck and neck for a playoff spot. @Higgins because of the Quebec and Helsinki rivalry in the Season 50s.

I was surprised how strong Tampa's defense was also that Brady was able to come up clutch again.

Mediocre

yes, defence. and no im usless this season

i dont usally

right now? the Rush

Saskatoon, cause they are my old team

it was Bull Crap and anyone who likes brady should be banned

On 2/8/2021 at 1:48 PM, tcookie said:

1) Lots of hard work!

2) Heavy Defence, as well as Skating & Passing. Seems to translate to all the Assists woot woot

3) Curl up into a ball and suck up my opponents like Kirby

4) Halifax, I miss the fax....

5) Tcookie... i don't like how he snores... team's biggest rival is the fax, because the more I miss the fax the more likely I am to request a trade... and what would our team be without Kirby

pizza eating GIF

6) I hate that Brady is good... everything was terribly boring.... and like who told the KC receivers not to catch balls that hit them in the face.

Edited by PandaBearD25

It’s been good. Players and coaching staff are great. Team isn’t doing too bad either.

Development has been rocky. Working on boosting my defense just a bit before re-focusing on scoring.

Look for the best shot and try to ignore the score board. 

Houston Bulls

I would probably say the Miami Marauders. Went up against them quite a few times now in a lot of close matchups. Can’t say I have a personal rival though. 

Didn’t watch but we all know Brady is the 🐐

On 2/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, tcookie said:

Fantastic! The locker room is pretty active, we're in the hunt for a playoff spot which is exciting and I'm starting to play how I hoped I would.

I really started slowly and I was worried that I wasn't helping the team enough. I focused though on finish my checks and causing  a ruckus and my all-around game really. I worked on my skating and puck-handling and learning where to be on the ice in all three zones and it's finally coming together. I'm starting to contribute how I always though I could.

I just hit someone. Maybe four or five players.

It's hard not to say the Bulls. They've really loaded up!

I think our biggest rival is Saskatoon especially since the Bowman trade. I'd consider them a personal rival as well since I played a few games in the playoffs with them last season.

No, didn't watch it. I'm surprised how KC choked. Brady must be a cyborg.