ECN Draft Interview "Julius Freeman"

FrostBeard

1983164317_ECN-Copy.jpg.1ae7cdaffaa0f7db33e2c776a4bf53cd.jpg

ECN Draft Interviews

1849962481_JuliusFreemanPre-draft.png.34d8dea6310100d79a2ade705889e4d2.png

ECN draft interviews is a way how to understand what draftees want in their future teams and what are their expectations for the next season. This interview features a very popular guy on VHL forums and a phenomenal player who took VHLM by storm and now is hoping to be one of the top draft picks in the upcoming VHL draft - Julius Freeman. Julius Freeman finished the season with 100 points in 72 games. He was 9th in the league in points category and lead Halifax to VHLM Finals losing only to overstacked Minnesota Storm.

Questions

- First off, thanks for agreeing to this interview. How would you rank your first season? -

Thank you for reaching out to me I'm a big fan of the ECN and look forward to seeing it continue to grow and thrive for years to come. I would rank my first season as a great first season. Without knowing anyone in this league I was picked up by Halifax after the draft and was treated with great respect and patience by my GM and AGM on the team. They helped me quickly get acclimated to the league and showed me everywhere I needed to go to learn as much as I could as quickly as I could. When I showed how determined I was they gave me First line responsibilities even though I was new and had no claim to them. In the locker room, I was named assistant captain by my peers. I lead the team in the regular season with 40 goals 60 assists and 100 points. Our team made it to the finals and we put up a hell of a fight and even though we lost I could not be more proud of our team. I could be harder on myself in not showing up to where I should have been in the playoffs but honestly, it's hard to play against a team where their third line has an equal skill as our second line. I played my heart out and I know my team did as well. Sometimes you don't win though, and it's not always about the result but how you played. Everyone on our team played well.

- Who was the biggest influence to you on your first season? -

Ohh that's a tough one since there are really a number of people. First I have to say McWolf who believed in me and trusted me with time on the ice and his personal time helping me grow and learn the league. Thranduil who showed me that standing up for the people learning is what the VHLM is all about and what we need to strive to do. SirRupertBarnes who showed me how to lead a locker room and be apart of a team and encourage a team to grow together. HHH who was always at the top of the draft ranking and showed me what it takes to be the guy. Every single one of them pushed me either directly or indirectly to be hopefully one of the best first Generation Players in this draft.

- Now to the current draft. Which are the teams that you would like to join in VHL after the draft? - 

- Ohh I would love to play for any team willing to pick me and trust me... Ohh you want a better answer than the canned answer all draft picks give. Ok, There are a couple of teams that look more interesting to me than others. Vancouver seems like it could be a good fit. I could make the argument that I could get some first line time with some great players in Beau Louth and Jake Davis. That is if I can beat Konstantin Mulligan in training camp. Malmo could be a good fit, I'm not sure if I'll still be on the board when they pick but who wouldn't want to be on a team to make history for a franchise.

-In the end, what do you believe will future bring for you and what is that you want to say to GM's looking at you as a potential draft pick? -

- I am not sure what the draft will bring for me and what will be my lot in the league. All I know is what I can and will do. I have taken advantage of every opportunity I can in order to get to where I am and I will continue to do so as long I still have a career on a team. I am a hard worker who will do my best to push toward the front of the pack and hopefully someday I will be known as one of the best players in this draft.

-Thanks for the interview, good luck in the draft!

-Thanks for asking questions!

Good luck to a faithful supporter of ECN and we hope you will achieve greatness in the upcoming draft.

People mentioned: @rjfryman, @Thranduil, @McWolf, @SirRupertBarnes, @Beaviss, @Josh. and @Pandar

@rjfryman you’re an absolute legend. I remember when you signed with the team and you were talking about taking my spot on first line I kind of chuckled to myself honestly. I thought you were just going to be super ambitious for like a week and die off. Boy oh boy did you ever prove me wrong. You’re one of the leagues most dedicated players in my opinion. I hope we get to be teammates again some day. Never change man. Never change.