Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

20 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 11/28/21

(Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE)

1. Going into Season 81, what are your expectations for your player?
  2. What are you looking forward to most this coming season?
  3. What made you come to the VHL? If you're a veteran, what made you stay?
  4. What kind of player are you hoping to become? HoF? Or something more modest?
  5. Mexico is home to a vibrant food culture, what's your favorite type of food and why?
  6. Mexico is also home to a robust history, even dating back to early civilization! What's a fun fact about the history of where you're from?
  7. Early favorite for the Stanley Cup?
  8. What non-hockey team do you follow most?

1. Not expecting to much since it is my first season in the VHL, but hopefully i can improve throughout the season

2. I am looking forward to seeing how my player performs

3. My friend Lugber told me about VHL and it sounded like a great time so I decided to join

4. I am aiming to be better than my friend Joel Unk. Hopefully that includes become HoF player.

5. Sushi. it taste good and its easy to make

8. Lets go mets baby, love the mets, lets go mets... Big chargers fan 

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. We have some stellar performances from individual players despite a less than stellar record. How has you player been doing?

2. With a few games of experience, what aspects of the game is your player excelling?

3. What would you say is something you would need the most help with or don't quite understand about the league?

4. The S82 draft is coming up in the next off-season, do you have any hopes for your own player in that draft?

5. The NHL is picking up steam, now that we are almost through the first quarter of the season....who ya got?

6. Will Ovi surpass Gretzky's goal record next season or will he retire 2nd?

7. Talk about taking a bite out of crime! Brendan Lemieux is set to have a hearing for his bite on Brady Tkachuk. How many games does the DoPS give him?

8. Marc Bergevin is out as the GM for the Canadiens...who is the next team to clean out their front office?

22 minutes ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. We have some stellar performances from individual players despite a less than stellar record. How has you player been doing?

2. With a few games of experience, what aspects of the game is your player excelling?

3. What would you say is something you would need the most help with or don't quite understand about the league?

4. The S82 draft is coming up in the next off-season, do you have any hopes for your own player in that draft?

5. The NHL is picking up steam, now that we are almost through the first quarter of the season....who ya got?

7. Talk about taking a bite out of crime! Brendan Lemieux is set to have a hearing for his bite on Brady Tkachuk. How many games does the DoPS give him?

8. Marc Bergevin is out as the GM for the Canadiens...who is the next team to clean out their front office?

1. hmm i feel like my player is doing great but not the best im trying to get tpe to upgrade him so we can win more games

2. rebound just rebound no comment just rebound

3. umm how the hell tpe things work i asked lots of people and im still quite confused 

4. eh got picked 3rd last draft i just wanna be picked

5. if the new gm of montreal can save their very very sorry ass then i go all in habs

6. i think so ovi is really good so i kinda bet it

7. wait someone bit someone? umm well idk uhh 4000?

8. no one i still got my faith into habs 

1. I think my player has been doing fine so far, 2 points in 10 games is kind of rough, but still just season one.

2. My players ability to get the puck on net hasn't been bad. His hitting has also been decent so far.

3. TPE has been a little confusing so far, but I'm sort of getting the hang of it.

4. That's difficult for me to say now. I think my player sits at a good spot right now, but his draft stock could go either way.

5. The Carolina Hurricanes have been pretty promising so far, I think they stay hot and at least make the conference finals.

6. Ovi has been a good goal scorer through the first quarter, I think if he keeps up how he's been playing this year, he could do it in maybe 3 years.

7. I personally think he could get 12-18 games, maybe a bit more, but you never know when it comes to stuff like this.

8. I think it may be a bit early for other teams right now, but if I had to choose, maybe Philly, Islanders, or Blackhawks (I think the hawks recently mixed up their front office, but I don't remember).

3 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. I think my player has been doing well for himself

2. My player is doing well with scoring 

4. I don't have any expectations for the draft

5. I honestly have not been paying that much attention to the standings

6. I don't think he'll do it next season but I'm sure he will before he retires

7. At least 6 I believe

8. The next team will hopefully be the canucks

16 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. I've not been doing as good as i hoped, but 3 goals isnt terrible. Im hoping to improve more.

4. I hope i get taken within the first two rounds on a team where ill get minutes

5. The leafs look unstoppable, but id say Carolina is the favourite

6. i think Ovi will break the record, just not next season. 

7. He should get at least three games but knowing how incompetent the league is he'll probably just get a fine.

8. Vancouver or the islanders

17 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. I am more than happy with how my player has been playing. Despite lack luster defensive play, I am getting top line minutes and am playing up to it.

2. My player is living up to how I have upgraded him and is a solid top line playmaker. My character's best skills are skating and passing so my many assists mean I am playing up to the hype.

3. I am unsure about how the draft works? I am currently on a team but am still am eligible to be drafted.

5. Montreal Canadiens forever and always, with Bergevin out they will be ushering in a new culture of winning.

6. Ovechkin will pass Gretzky there is no doubt in my mind that he will it is just a matter of time. I highly doubt he will retire before breaking the record.

8. I have been saying for some time that Calgary needs to rebuild, the current core has given them no success and I feel that if they do not make a deep playoff push this year, they will need to clean house.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1.I’m not very proud of my play on the ice, i think i can do much better.

2. My offense is really good, i have a good shoot and a natural talent for passing.

3.Nothing, it’s my firts time in thaïs league and i love this, i always check the score in the evening.

4.I don’t think so, with thé standing of my team and the way I play on defense, i don’t think i will  be  draft, but i hope.

6. I think Ovi will beat Gretzky and he will retire after this season. Is able to do it and he know that.

7. That’s crazy when tou think about that, Lemieux has  five games for that and he deserve it. What he think when he bite Tkachuk. It’s just not respectable to the world of hockey. 
Thank you

On 11/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/5/21

1. My player has been doing alright. I would like to see more goals out of him.

2. My player is currently averaging 2.5 blocked shots per game which has been great

3. Understanding how to claim TPE was a bit difficult to figure out

5. Being a Habs fan right now is pretty difficult to deal with but ill still support them. Florida is looking pretty dangerous so far though.

7. I would really like to see Ovi surpass the record, i do think it is possible if he doesn't retire in the next 4 years

8. Patrick Roy said he would be interested in the position if he were asked to fill it. That would be pretty exciting to have him back.

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. The team has had some more positive results as of late, more players are earning more TPE! Is there a specific skill you're looking to increase?
  2. Is there anything you would like explained that you maybe don't quite understand? (I will DM you a reply to these so make sure to quote this!)
  3. Which player on the team do you think has performed the best? (Check the portal to look at ours and other teams stats!)
  4. The holidays are around the corner, what plans do you have?
  5. What is your favorite holiday time food and why?
  6. Do you have any special traditions in your family or your own that you would like to share?

16 minutes ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. The team has had some more positive results as of late, more players are earning more TPE! Is there a specific skill you're looking to increase?
  2. Is there anything you would like explained that you maybe don't quite understand? (I will DM you a reply to these so make sure to quote this!)
  3. Which player on the team do you think has performed the best? (Check the portal to look at ours and other teams stats!)
  6. Do you have any special traditions in your family or your own that you would like to share?

1. reaction time hand speed and penality shot or whatever its called

2. no not really 

3. Boris Tzesar yes im saying myself but thats because other people said that and im to lazy to check portal i know my whole team is doing great so im just gonna say me 

4. nothing just sleep and VHL

5. at thanksgiving idk if other familys serve this food but my grandmother makes lemon pie and tbh i would kill someone for it no lies 

6. hmm no not really 

8 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. I have been increasing my defense to go along with my scoring and skating.

2. Not at this time, but I will surely reach out if that changes.

3. Boris Tzesar has been a standout.

4. Plenty of time with my family. It will be my son's first Christmas, so it will be a special one!

5. I am a big steak guy. We are hosting Christmas Eve and I am making bone in standing prime rib with sides. I prefer the red meat over the bird as much as I like turkey.

6. We have always went to the hibachi grill on Christmas Eve then over my aunt's for Christmas Eve drinks, always my favorite day of the year. Although we are cooking at home this year, I expect it to be just as fun as always.

3 hours ago, Arce said:

1. I have been increasing my defense to go along with my scoring and skating.

2. Not at this time, but I will surely reach out if that changes.

3. Boris Tzesar has been a standout.

4. Plenty of time with my family. It will be my son's first Christmas, so it will be a special one!

5. I am a big steak guy. We are hosting Christmas Eve and I am making bone in standing prime rib with sides. I prefer the red meat over the bird as much as I like turkey.

6. We have always went to the hibachi grill on Christmas Eve then over my aunt's for Christmas Eve drinks, always my favorite day of the year. Although we are cooking at home this year, I expect it to be just as fun as always.

12 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1.  I would like to improve my players playmaking abilities, I.E. passing and puck-handling.

2. Maybe what attributes to improve to make my payer into a good two-way forward (I'm trying to emulate a Kopitar or Stone)

3. Ronan Lavelle, the guy is over a PPG on a hopeful team. 

4. Going to see the new Spider-Man on the 20th with 5 of my friends, and then the typical tour of the family over Christmas.

5.  Any pastries. I make a coffee in the morning and have a cookie with it or something. 

6. We go over to my grandparents house on Christmas day and i usually eat myself into a coma, then we play card games or boarrd games.

14 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. Right now im looking to increase my discipline, ive noticed my player taking a lot of penalties lately so hopefully I take less in the future.

2. What attributes to invest in to make my player a better offensive defensemen. also less penalties, im not sure if discipline is the only thing to increase

3. Either boris tsezar or ronan lavelle; boris has been keeping games close and ronan is over a point per game

4. Ummm Uhhh probably gonna stay inside and play video games. not too sure yet

5. Chow mein, its like chinese stir fry noodle dish. always have it when my family comes over, that and teriyaki chicken.

6. Have the family over and listen to the peanuts christmas album on repeat for 3 hours.

16 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. I think my defense has improved, but I think that there is still room for improvement.

2. There isn't really anything I don't understand.

3. I think the team as a whole has been good thus far, but Boris Tsezar has been pretty good between the pipes.

4. Not many plans on my mind, just excited to get some time off from school.

5. Mashed potatoes are my personal favourite, I just have a general love of potatoes

6. My family doesn't really do anything special, We usually see family, but can't really do that now.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:48 PM, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/12/21

1. Our team has been doing great as of late, and since the start of our hot streak I have been increasing my TPE in both scoring and defensive. I am hoping to continue upgrading these stats.

2. I am slowly but surely getting the hang of the VHL user interface so no I have no questions.

3. I believe that Ronan has played incredibly well and it seems that we do well when he is scoring.

4. I plan on studying a lot and am going to go to a concert closer to the holidays.

5. Sushi may not be a holiday food but in my opinion it is a year round food, I love it so much.

6.Every year, no matter how old we get, my siblings and I take photos with a mall Santa every year. It is a funny tradition that we are way to old for but that adds to the fun of it.

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. Mexico City seems to be in line for a playoff push! What are your thoughts heading into the second half of the season?
  2. The draft for the S82 Entry class is just around the corner! Have you looked at the teams that are in the VHLE and VHL? Do you have any teams you wish to be on? Why?
  3. If you had to pick the next spot for a VHL or VHLE team, what city would you pick and what would they be called?
  4. 2022 is just in a few weeks! Any resolutions?
  5. Before the goalie was a thing, there was a 6th position in hockey that was simply the "rover". Do you think we'll see any big changes like that in hockey anytime soon?
  6. Any favorites for the which country would win the olympics?
  7. These questions are actually quite hard to come up with. Suggest a future question!
  8. What is your spirit animal and why do you embody it?

4 minutes ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. Mexico City seems to be in line for a playoff push! What are your thoughts heading into the second half of the season?
  2. The draft for the S82 Entry class is just around the corner! Have you looked at the teams that are in the VHLE and VHL? Do you have any teams you wish to be on? Why?
  3. If you had to pick the next spot for a VHL or VHLE team, what city would you pick and what would they be called?
  5. Before the goalie was a thing, there was a 6th position in hockey that was simply the "rover". Do you think we'll see any big changes like that in hockey anytime soon?
  7. These questions are actually quite hard to come up with. Suggest a future question!

1. brain

2. i would like to be on the geneva team or rome as geneva has my old gm i kinda wanna yknow just be on the new team

3. st.petersburg sharks its stupid ik

4. to live longer then 35

5.wait there was a time where goalie didnt exist? what kind of shit hockey is that?

6. canada 

7. just be a better agm vice jeezzz (just kidding)

8. mine is a sloth because im lazy as fuck

1 hour ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. We have been doing significantly better than the start of the season. Lately we have been winning at least one game a day, a few weeks ago we were struggling to get wins at all.

2. I do not have much of a preference as to where I end up in the draft. I am still very new so I still have plenty of time to win championships later on.

3. A team in the Maritimes would be pretty cool! They have no professional sports teams out there. As for the team name, maybe Lobers?

5. I do not think there will be any changes that significant in Hockey. Seeing as how physically demanding playing any one position is, having someone who is responsible for covering the whole ice like a rover would do seems like it would require an impossible amount of stamina.

6. Canada of course, in the Summer Olympics we tend to do poorly but given that we face such strong winter's we are better prepared than most.

7. a question that is sure to cause some fierce debate is LeBron vs MJ. In my opinion its LeBron by a mile, the level of play is so much higher these days and he has carried a lot of scrubs to relevance.

2 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. I think we have potential to make the playoffs

2. I don't really have a preference for where I go, but it would be nice to stay in Mexico City, just because It's so welcoming and I'm already familiar with here

3. VHLE: I guess maybe The Hamilton Bobcats

VHL: The Berlin Barons

4. I don't do resolutions

5. I highly doubt it

6. Either Canada, the US, or Russia

7. Who do you think could win the VHLM Championship?

8. I don't really think I have one

19 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

3. I would love to have a team called the Mastodons, but im not sure what city i would want it to be in. 

4. Not really, last year was a much better year than 2020, so I would just try to improve on last year. 

5. Probably not, the rover was taken out because it didnt really make much sense, nowadays, the role of the rover has been taken over by everyone else on the team. The biggest change should eventually be full face and ear protection on helmets. 

6. Canada is looking scary if the NHL is able to go

7.  Thoughts on when a player has their helmet come off they have to skate off of the ice or attempt to put their helmet on. I'm a big advocate for player safety, but its very unfair when the helmet comes off while theyre right next to the puck and they cant do anything about it. 

8. Definitely the otter. Otters are super cute, happy all the time, and love hanging out with other otters. 

22 hours ago, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. I believe we can make a genuine playoff push if we continue to play how we have been playing

2. I don't have a specific team id want to play for, as long as i get decent minutes.

3. I would choose Ljubljana in Slovenia and probably call them Ljubljana rangers or something generic

5. I don't think I so, id also rather see changes to the rules and level of officiating to grow the sport.

6. if there aren't any NHL players id pick Germany. Not least because I bet money on them.

7. Everyone's favourite player?

On 12/13/2021 at 5:45 PM, Vice said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 12/19/21

1. We need to play well in the corner being aggressive on the for check. 

2. No I didn’t really watch the Vhl or vhle but will be happy to play anywhere. 

3. Antarctica Freezer, because it’s a cold place. 

4. Not any resolution this year so far. 

5. Nooo. Goalies are now a solid piece in hockey and I don’t think you can change that. 

6. I would say Canada

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 12/26/21

1. The last day of the season is December 29th! Do you have any last minute accomplishments you are looking to hit before the end of the season?
  2. The playoffs will follow soon after the end of the season, how are you feeling going into it?
  3. Despite the numbers being against us this season, we had some stand-out performances and some of our players are being looked at for drafts, have you any teams in mind that interest you in the VHL or VHLE?
  4. What is your favorite holiday-time treat?
  5. NHL players will not be permitted to play in the Olympics it turns out. Any new frontrunners? Does China actually have a chance now?
  6. The VHL Holiday Charity drive proved to be a great success! Everyone can claim 6 Uncapped TPE and if you do a 6 point task this week, you can double it! Here are the instructions to do it. Have you done anything to give back this holiday season?
  7. If money wasn't an obstacle, what would be your ideal Christmas gift to you?

1 minute ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 12/26/21

1. The last day of the season is December 29th! Do you have any last minute accomplishments you are looking to hit before the end of the season?
  2. The playoffs will follow soon after the end of the season, how are you feeling going into it?
  3. Despite the numbers being against us this season, we had some stand-out performances and some of our players are being looked at for drafts, have you any teams in mind that interest you in the VHL or VHLE?
  4. What is your favorite holiday-time treat?
  5. NHL players will not be permitted to play in the Olympics it turns out. Any new frontrunners? Does China actually have a chance now?
  6. The VHL Holiday Charity drive proved to be a great success! Everyone can claim 6 Uncapped TPE and if you do a 6 point task this week, you can double it! Here are the instructions to do it. Have you done anything to give back this holiday season?
  7. If money wasn't an obstacle, what would be your ideal Christmas gift to you?

1. Hitting 25 points would be nice to get before the end of the season.

2. Hoping we make it, but just gotta hope right now.

3. While I'm not getting drafted into either league this year, the London United or the Toronto Legion seem like good teams to join.

4. I enjoy having Oreos fort a holiday treat.

5. I think Canada still has a good chance at winning, and I think China may have a bit of a better chance at doing better.

6. I help out at a local martial arts school and I give to those I care about.

7. I'd say some sort of hockey equipment would be cool.