Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. Team is off to a great start.  What has been the biggest difference?

We're going with full cylinders, I think. Last season, we had a shorter roster, which kinda got in the way.

2. What has been the biggest difference between where you played before the VHLM from here?

Well... I mean, it's easier to do things-ish, but I kinda dig games on FHM more.

3. Favorite cheat snack?

KitKat. Haven't had one in ages, though.

4. You can represent any country that isn't your own, who is it?

I'm Brazilian by birth... but if I really had to choose, Estonia.

5. You can change to any position, what is it?

I think Defender.

6. Favourite meme?

Eh, if you wanna know...

1. Team is off to a great start.  What has been the biggest difference?
We're just better. Some might even say, we're built different. Our star players are taking over games, the depth players understand their roles and Greiss is going crazy in net.

2. What has been the biggest difference between where you played before the VHLM from here?
No real difference, to be honest. Both teams are active, both teams are good. Biggest difference is one team is in Canada, the other is in Mexico.

3. Favorite cheat snack?
Don't even know if it's cheat, but sunflower seeds and pop-corn are my go-to.

Uh, Japan? I watch a bunch of Japanese wrestling, so I'd say Japan.

Goalie, I wanted to create a goalie, but the portal told me that there's way too many already.

6. Favourite meme?
Oh god. That's impossible. Wrestling memes are really OP, not gonna lie.

Edited by FBR

1. Team is off to a great start.  What has been the biggest difference?

The roster depth, we finally have a good strong team on both sides of the ice.

2. What has been the biggest difference between

where you played before the VHLM from here?

the VHLM is geared towards building future talent. It’s great seeing guys come here and work there way up to a VHL roster.

3. Favorite cheat snack?

mcdonalds cheeseburger. No doubt. 

Canada, Canada has a strong history of hockey greatness and I’d like to be a part of that!!

Defense, the D are under rated and I know how important it is to the goalie on having a strong defenseman.

6. Favourite meme?

the Psycho gf memes are always hilarious! Haha

1. With the VHLE GM announcement coming out, who should be the next GM of the Mexico City Kings?

2. With a record of 21-5-0 we currently have the best record in the league.  What will we have to do to keep it up and stay in first?

3. Sunrise and Rike are both in the top ten in league scoring.  Where do you predict they finish at the end of the season?

4. Miami has had our number this season, contributing to three of our losses.  What do we need to do to overcome them?

5. You can change any rule in the league...what would it be?

6. You can GM any team in any of our three leagues...who is it?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

On 8/5/2021 at 2:43 AM, Advantage said:

1. With the VHLE GM announcement coming out, who should be the next GM of the Mexico City Kings?

2. With a record of 21-5-0 we currently have the best record in the league.  What will we have to do to keep it up and stay in first?

3. Sunrise and Rike are both in the top ten in league scoring.  Where do you predict they finish at the end of the season?

4. Miami has had our number this season, contributing to three of our losses.  What do we need to do to overcome them?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

1. Not too familiar with everyone on this forum but hopefully the next GM will be great.

2. Keep motoring along, we're doing great.

3. I think they'll end up top 10, hopefully my player can be the best defenceman.

4. Break their legs. But I'm sure we will figure them out.

5. Mexico automatically gets to beat every team.

6. I would take over Mexico... Been the only team I know.

No idea, but as long as they're able to keep up the good job, we'll be fine.

Keep working on it, I guess. Like any other team.

No bloody idea, but I wish to keep doing well. That's for sure.

Keep working on it. Hate to sound like an answering machine but it's true.

Uh... I dunno... Can't think of anything right now.

Any team in the European league because it sounds funny.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:43 PM, Advantage said:

1. I don't think it needs to be someone with experience, necessarily. Just get someone who's active, is good in the community, and will be able to commit to it. Inactive or half active GMs are the worst.

2. We've got the best knack for keeping pucks out of the net. We just have to continue doing that. Goaltending and defense.

3. Top 10 still, for sure. They've got what it takes.

4. They have solid players. Honestly, in the VHLM I think with the big teams it's just up to the sim.

5. Make affiliate donation bonuses apply across leagues. Like, my donated free week from SBA I should be able to use in the VHL. But unfortunately, I claim that free week over there, and still have to do a PT over here. Which makes the free week kind of useless, because I have to do a PT anyways that I can claim across leagues.

6. I'd probably go back to Toronto and try to win it there again. That's the team I won the 3peat with as Parechkin, and the team I didn't win any cups with as a GM. A do-over.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:43 AM, Advantage said:

1. I think @Vkobe-v would be the best GM

2. Just gotta keep moving forward and keep our eyes ahead. Can't be focused on who's behind us.

3. I think at least one of them will get up to the top-5.

4. It's hard to keep beating the same team over and over. We can get in their heads, play some mind games with our strats.

5. I would change the backup goalie games rule that people keep getting punished over, from my limited understanding, it sounds silly.

6. Probably Mexico City, it's where I've played the most.

I kinda liked being AGM with the Minnesota Storm a couple years ago. Maybe me? I don't know.

We're in the middle of a rough patch, we know if we don't work hard, we're not going to win games. We just have to keep working, focus and with the talent we have, we're going to get out of it.

Number one and number two, baby!

Kepp playing our game, we know we're better. One day, they'll stop getting lucky.

I really don't know. I can't think of a thing that's like... bad.

The Mexico City Kings. I don't really have any bias towards any team in particular. Maybe an eventual Montreal team.

1. We're rolling with a 32-12-4 record, with 127 goals against, which is the 2nd lowest in the league. What do you think is the major factor giving our team such a low amount of goals against?

2. Which player do you think is the most offensively gifted on the team?

3. Which player do you think is the most defensively gifted on the team?

4. Which goalie do you think is the best in the VHLM, and destined for VHL greatness?

5. What is one area that you think your player could improve right now?

6. Which VHLM team would you be the most afraid of going against in the playoffs?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy @Advantage

16 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. We're rolling with a 32-12-4 record, with 127 goals against, which is the 2nd lowest in the league. What do you think is the major factor giving our team such a low amount of goals against?

4. Which goalie do you think is the best in the VHLM, and destined for VHL greatness?

6. Which VHLM team would you be the most afraid of going against in the playoffs?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy @Advantage

1. Pretty stout defense I'd say, not to toot my own horn.

2. Deke Rike with 37 G and 35 A is pretty talented.

3. Rhys Trenton is great on the ice and a great mentor for me off the ice.

4. Our boy Bastian Greiss has the highest save % with over 30 games played, he's gonna be great someday.

5. Skating and puckhandling could definitely use some work.

6. Mississauga is looking real scary right now.

I think every player understands his role and that's very important for a team that aspires to win the big one.

Sunrise is kind of going crazy right now, not gonna lie.

I'd have to give a tie to Trenton and Remy. Both have been really important defensively for this team.

Saying this as unbiased as anyone can be, Bastian Greiss.

Consistensy.

Mississauga has our number right now. I'll have to say the Hounds.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, DollarAndADream said:

1. 100% Greiss, dude is always a brick wall for us.

2. Sunrise with his 40 goals is our most gifted.

3. I would want to say myself but I'm more offensive defenceman... Remy has the most hits and shots blocked on the team so I would say him.

4. I honestly think Greiss is, I played with him last year too and was just as good.

5. Defensive side of the game.

6. Seattle, lots of playoff history recently.

1. The draft is over and we have added five new players and two returning players to the team.  Of those players, who are you most excited to play with?

I dont know. All guys are great, will see after this season.

2. The team has assembled a full squad for the first time in a couple seasons.  What are your expectations for the team?

Cup, because we have the best squad in VHL. !!GO KINGS GO!!

3. The VHL is celebrating it's fourteenth birthday.  What is your favorite memory you have from one of your previous birthdays?

When i started to train for running long distance, in birthday i got simple sport heart reat monitor.

4. With the world starting to open up, any big plans upcoming?

I want to get rid of the fu**ing face mask.

5. Who will be our biggest rival this season in my opinion?

Saskatoon wild probably.

6. Is there anything management can do (other than be more competent) for you?

Nah, everything is great.

Greiss, he's pretty good.

Deke Rike and that's not my modesty speaking.

Trenton and Remy have both done their part the best, I think. Wouldn't be fair to pick one out of the two.

Greiss, just because it's fun to be biased.

Score nine goals every game.

Fear in the playoffs? Pffft. We gotta go head up and take it on the chin if we mess up.

1. With a 42-17-4 record, we've been knocked down to 3rd overall in the VHLM. What do you think we need to do to get up to that top spot?

2. We've recently acquired defenseman Ben Aky from the Ottawa Lynx. What are your thoughts on the trade?

3. If you look at the top 10 in points in the VHLM, there are no Mexico players there, yet we are 3rd overall. Are superstar players overrated?

4. What do you think is the leading factor in Sunrise having 44 goals on the season so far, one of the tops in the league?

5. Mexico players Dookie Headtop and Deagun Rust are both in the top 10 in PIM. Do you think they are much of a liability out there, or are they just standing up for the team?

6. Bastian Greiss has an 89.8% in saves. Do you think he makes it to 90% by season's end?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish  @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy @Advantage@Lilmar

1. With a 42-17-4 record, we've been knocked down to 3rd overall in the VHLM. What do you think we need to do to get up to that top spot?

I think the trade we just made might bring us back at the top. Everyone is good and we're bringing in one of the top d-men, we just need to get better than good and we'll get the Cup.

2. We've recently acquired defenseman Ben Aky from the Ottawa Lynx. What are your thoughts on the trade?
Might be tough on the future of the team, but we're all-in for this year, if we can win the Cup, we gucci.

3. If you look at the top 10 in points in the VHLM, there are no Mexico players there, yet we are 3rd overall. Are superstar players overrated?

Not overrated, but a team is better than a superstar. Multiple players that believe in each other is better than a superstar surrounded by... nothing.

4. What do you think is the leading factor in Sunrise having 44 goals on the season so far, one of the tops in the league?

He's an absolute machine, isn't he? He's got an insane shot, but he really knows how to make defenders forget him, be open and make it easy for us to set him up.

5. Mexico players Dookie Headtop and Deagun Rust are both in the top 10 in PIM. Do you think they are much of a liability out there, or are they just standing up for the team?

Depends on the situation, really. Taking a dumb penalty late game in a one goal game is less than ideal, but defending their teammates, it's always okay. It would be better to play even-strength, for sure, so maybe they should tone it down for the playoff run.

6. Bastian Greiss has an 89.8% in saves. Do you think he makes it to 90% by season's end?
He definitely can. Our defense just got better, so that'll help even more if we can give away less dangerous shots.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:15 PM, DollarAndADream said:

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish  @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy @Advantage@Lilmar

1. 3rd is better than 12th, I think we need to stay consistent and get to the playoffs.

2. It's huge, Aky is a great add and player.

3. Very overrated, team average is better.

4. He is our offensive threat, I'm happy to have him.

5. PIM does hurt the team but I don't know if they're a liability.

6. Yes, he's the goat.

Just in case anyone needs one for this week.  I'll get another up Tuesday when I'm off.

1. Heading into the Playoffs, what do you think of our chances?

2. If you could add one player in the league to the team, who would it be?

3. What's the one area you want to improve as a player as you develop?

4. Favourite pregame snack?

5. Best arena to play in for the VHLM?

6. Any goals for this playoff run, besides winning the whole damn thing?

@FBR @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

Well, we've been on fire for most of the season, so I think we got a good chance if we keep our heads at it.

I dunno, thinking of adding people into the team makes it look like I don't trust the bunch we have.

Essentially, I want to be great at my major areas and then work on deficiencies.

A banana.

Here in Mexico. Home's the best, after all.

MVP from overscoring.

Can't think less than wanting to win it all, so I think our chances are real good.

Duncan Montana, dude went off this season.

Consistency or defensive play.

Sunflower seeds.

Home, always. Wherever home was in the past or is going to be in the future, it's always home for me.

Scoring some of them goal things.

8 hours ago, Advantage said:

Just in case anyone needs one for this week.  I'll get another up Tuesday when I'm off.

@FBR @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

1. Championship or bust, we're the Kings for a reason.

2. AJ Williams has a lot of TPE and would probably help.

3. A lot of scoring and defense is always good.

4. Pop-tarts, untoasted of course.

5. Honestly even when I played in Saskatoon, it's gotta be here in Mexico City.

6. Nope, winning is all I want.

12 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. I think we definitely have what it takes to win it all. We are well-rounded.

2. Gotta be Duncan, probably? 149 points is nothing to slouch at.

3. I just want to be consistent as a forward.

4. Chicken fettuccini. Carb load up, Michael Scott style.

5. Home games. Mexico City. Gotta be home!

6. I wouldn't mind being a big contributor to a title, but if we win, I don't care how we get there.

1.  With a 4-0 sweep we destroyed it in the first round.  What do you think of our chances after an impressive showing?

2. Who was MVP of our first series?

3. Who needs to step it up to go all the way for us?

4. Have you been paying attention to VHLE happenings, and if so, who do you think wins the tournament?

5. If you were a VHLE GM and had to pick anywhere from 1 to 6 in a snake draft, which pick would you want to have?

6. How has the pandemic been for all of you of late?

@FBR @DollarAndADream  @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @ThatsGreissy

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

1.  With a 4-0 sweep we destroyed it in the first round.  What do you think of our chances after an impressive showing?

2. Who was MVP of our first series?

3. Who needs to step it up to go all the way for us?

4. Have you been paying attention to VHLE happenings, and if so, who do you think wins the tournament?

5. If you were a VHLE GM and had to pick anywhere from 1 to 6 in a snake draft, which pick would you want to have?

6. How has the pandemic been for all of you of late?

@FBR @DollarAndADream  @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @ThatsGreissy

1. Mississauga will be tough but I think our team can beat them and move on.

2. Greiss 100000%. Stood on his head.

3. Our whole roster has been putting up points, a few need to fix their +/- though.

4. I hope Cologne wins since you run the team.

5. 1st or 6th to get back to back picks.

6. Not bad, used to everything by now.