Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Do you think we need to draft another defenseman now that Connor Johnson is retired?

We have some good D prospects in the system so I wont stress if we don't. However something tells me we will come out of the draft with one anyways.

2. 3 of our S81 draftees already retired for one reason or another. Bad luck?

Yes unfortunate luck, one was a 4th rounder which hardly pan out and its hard to predict multis. 

3. Why is winter the worst season?

Its cold, wet and gets dark at 4PM.

4. The ex Riga player Justin Lose is about to win a whole lotta of awards. Happy for him?

Very happy, he deserves every bit of it. Was a fantastic player in Riga (and its nice to see someone have  a bit of success hey?)

5. What reaction did you have on banning of Cabe McJake?

Not surprising at all. He was always semi trolling then got really weird in the locker room. disappointed to see him go and hope if he ever wants to come back after a few months they will reconsider. 

6. Why is summer the best season?

It's warm, sunny and it doesn't get dark until 9. More light = more happiness. 

1. Do you think we need to draft another defenseman now that Connor Johnson is retired?

4. The ex Riga player Justin Lose is about to win a whole lotta of awards. Happy for him?

1.)  Since the posting of this question, I believe we did, so already answered.

2.)  Likely bad luck, or, the user/player had to move away from a build that was not going to be productive.

3.)  Well....it's because I stay inside so much because of the cold.  For example, the high here today will be -17C.  Overnight lows frequently around -30C.  And then, when it isn't cold we a shitload of snow that has to be shoveled.\

4.)  Good on Justin !!!  It kind of exemplifies how STHS has treated the Reign.

5.)  I was unhappy that he had been banned.  However, if he did was bannable, then so be it.  

6.)  Warm weather, cold beer.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:21 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. I mean, it couldn't hurt

2. All-in Devise style. He is in the hall of fame, you know

3. All considering, if ponds and creeks freeze properly, it is my favourite season. This weekend I skated for 8 hours total on a creek

4. Of course! At least someone from that class is having some success

5. He was always borderline ban-able, but he was also a TPE hound who invested a lot of time into the VHL. So I was pretty shocked

6. Because there's no school! Lots of training and hockey and friends' cottages and mountain biking

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

January 23rd, 2022

1. How has your player been holding up over this offseason? 

2. We just finished the S82 draft, how do you think Riga did? 

3. Have you gotten much snow so far this winter wherever you are in the world? 

4.  As a part 2 to question 3 - what is your mode of snow clearing right now? 

5. If you were to start a new player  - would you bother with the VHLE? 

6. Our GM @hedgehog337has been under the weather with a flu lately - everyone wish him a speedy recovery!

Edited by kelvi

Because, once again, we didn't make the playoffs, the offseason is incredibly long.

2. We just finished the S78 draft, how do you think Riga did? 

I think we chose wisely, but, in this league, so much depends on whether or not our draftees reamin active.

Enough of the damned white stuff !!  And to think it will keep coming down for another 2 months !!

Prayer, snowblower, shovel.  Not necessarily in that order.

Sure.  It sounds like fun and gives you an opportunity to build your player.

6. Our GM @hedgehog337has been under the weather with a flu lately - everyone wish him a speedy recovery!

It isn't a lot of fun being sick at any time.  Best wished @hedgehog337

10 hours ago, kelvi said:

January 23rd, 2022

6. Our GM @hedgehog337has been under the weather with a flu lately - everyone wish him a speedy recovery!

1. Pretty well, it's been a pretty slow offseason but I'm happy things are picking back up.

2. Looks like a good draft, another goalie to give Spaz a bit of competition in net should be interesting.

3. We've gotten a fair amount in New England, hopefully we'll have more on the way.

4. Shovel. Nothing better than a trusty shovel.

5. Yes. I loved my time there and I would definitely try to get with Bratislava again, as I had an absolute blast there. It's a more committed league with a lot of active members, but there isn't a lot of rebuilding teams in that league, so it's very competitive and extremely fun to be a part of. I would say a season in the M, a season in the E, then starting in the VHL.

6. Feel better!

12 hours ago, kelvi said:

January 23rd, 2022

1. I'd argue he became better than he was. Good to see.

2. We took that Miklavz guy, I think we nailed that one. 

3. We got some of it and I'm not happy. Depressing look.

4. Changing the weather to summer certainly would help.

5. Would rather not. I'm that oldhead member who is only interested in playing in major leagues at this point and don't care about his performance in lower leagues.

6. GET FUCKED MUPPET

On 1/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, kelvi said:

January 23rd, 2022

1. Alright, depreciation was a hard hitter, but I'm back and ready 

2. I think we did great, Arpa and Adesanya are looking like steals, and we'll see how the rest end up

3. Oh yes. Just had the biggest snowfall I've ever seen, got two snow days (still had to go online tho, sadge)

4. Good old-fashioned shovel. Helps that I have brothers

5. I mean, I probably wouldn't earn fast enough to bypass it. But I would if I could. And I'll sure as hell try

6. I wish you well, hedge, and I hope that it's not covid lol

On 1/23/2022 at 10:51 PM, kelvi said:

January 23rd, 2022

1. Obi has been adjusting to his new home in Cologne and hoping to make the move up to Riga at some point in the near future.

2. They drafted me so of course they're getting an A plus grade!

3. Other than about 4-5 inches a few weeks ago there has only been a few dustings. Just been really cold lately here in the midwest.

4. Now that I have a kid I don't get to work out as much as I used to so I am strictly shoveling.

5. I have not played in the VHLE yet so I will have to defer my opinions until after the season starts.

6. Get better soon @hedgehog337 being sick sucks make sure to find time to get some rest.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:31 PM, kelvi said:

We have some good D prospects in the system so I wont stress if we don't. However something tells me we will come out of the draft with one anyways.

Yes unfortunate luck, one was a 4th rounder which hardly pan out and its hard to predict multis. 

Its cold, wet and gets dark at 4PM.

Very happy, he deserves every bit of it. Was a fantastic player in Riga (and its nice to see someone have  a bit of success hey?)

Not surprising at all. He was always semi trolling then got really weird in the locker room. disappointed to see him go and hope if he ever wants to come back after a few months they will reconsider. 

It's warm, sunny and it doesn't get dark until 9. More light = more happiness. 

1. I think it would be a good idea to shore up our prospects with a few more defensemen because we are leaning towards significantly more offence.

2. That really sucks but we will turn it around with this draft class. The prospects are looking good we just need to wait a bit.

3. I like winter, my only issue with it is getting wet feet. Wet socks and shoes suck so badly but other than that winter is great.

4. Yes I am very happy for him. He was my manager in the VHLM and I wish nothing but the best for him.

5. I am not sure what happened but that does not sound good.

6. Summer is a bit overrated. There is no football or hockey to watch but baseball is always a fun third option. I could do without the extreme heat though, Spring and Fall are my favourite in terms of temperature.

January 30th, 2021w

1. The season starts Tuesday - what's the expectation for your player? 

2. What's your advice for the three rookies we have this season? 

3. There has been recent difficulty the past two drafts with GM players falling, and subsequently getting a ban for purposely tanking their player. Do you think a better rule needs to be in place to avoid these situations?

4.  Are Riga making the playoffs? What's going to be the biggest difference?

5.  Since the NHL can't go, who is your favorite hockey player that's heading to the Olympics this year?

6. Rams/Bengals Superbowel - who you got? 

1. The season starts Tuesday - what's the expectation for your player?  Rookie of the year or bust.

2. What's your advice for the three rookies we have this season?  Keep updating, don't make any multis.

3. There has been recent difficulty the past two drafts with GM players falling, and subsequently getting a ban for purposely tanking their player. Do you think a better rule needs to be in place to avoid these situations?  Yeah this kind of thing shouldn't be happening. They should know better however 

4.  Are Riga making the playoffs? What's going to be the biggest difference? I'll say we don't due to the strength of the EU conference.

5.  Since the NHL can't go, who is your favorite hockey player that's heading to the Olympics this year? Mason McTavish.

6. Rams/Bengals Superbowel - who you got?  I'm cheering for the Rams I think, hope Stafford gets one.

11 hours ago, kelvi said:

January 30th, 2021w

3. There has been recent difficulty the past two drafts with GM players falling, and subsequently getting a ban for purposely tanking their player. Do you think a better rule needs to be in place to avoid these situations?

5.  Since the NHL can't go, who is your favorite hockey player that's heading to the Olympics this year?

1. Hoping to be point per game and positive +/- this season.
2. Have fun with it and try to max earn each week. I use time while I'm in school to do VHL stuff and it always helps me get stuff done.

3. I mean it would definitely make sense to have some enforcement there.

4. It'll be close, but I think the team is gonna gel and that Sandstrom trade is huge value for us.

5. Bruins legend David Krejci!!!

6. Bengals have to win for the meme.

Well, what is there to expect from a player who is in his last season.  I hope Isau will be a contributor as he has done in the past, but a lot will depend on whether or not he is set up for success.

Go for max earnings.  Have fun with it all.

Perhaps, if a GM isn't following the rules and the spirit of the league then he/she/it shouldn't hold that position.

I like the Sandstrom acquisition.  As far as making the playoffs is concerned....hmmmm...that would depend on how STHS treats us.  If history tells us anything, it is that Riga won't get there, no matter what our lineup looks like.

Owen Power, hands down !!!

Burrow could get it done, but the Bengals have to contend with the like of Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp and Beckham.

15 hours ago, kelvi said:

January 30th, 2021w

1. maybe he wins some award? not even sure lol

2. score more please. just shoot the puck lol

3. bring back GM player straight to the team system. profit!

4. well....RIGA REIGN IS GOING TO THE CONTINENTAL CUP

5. not even gonna watch olympics lol

6. logic says Rams too strong. they're also clutch

20 hours ago, kelvi said:

January 30th, 2021w

1. I am hoping that I can score some goals in the VHLE, maybe lead Cologne to the playoffs and impress Riga enough to give me a shot next season.

2. Well, I am one of those rookies, so scrolling up to the first post I see and responding to that, "score more please, just shoot the puck", I can surely do that sir :).

3. Well, if they are purposely making their player worse, it will give an advantage to everyone else around them, right? So I don't think there should be a new rule. Maybe the GM automatically gets their player in exchange for like a 2nd round pick? IDK

4. I am holding out hope that Riga makes the playoffs. I think the biggest difference will be our younger players stepping up.

5. Owen Power for sure, he's a stud.

6. Rams gonna take it down in their home stadium. Burrow's time will come eventually.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, kelvi said:

January 30th, 2021w

Win the Greg Cegane award.

Let's win the cup.

If they are talking on purpose they should lose their first round pick.

Yes, and we have a great team in front of us this season.

I don't follow the Olympics to be honest.

I'm hoping Rams as a Pittsburgh fan, but honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals win deep down.

February 6th, 2021

1. How is your player doing 12 games in?

2. This is the hottest start we've had in a few seasons, what do you think is the main difference so far?

3. Vancouver are 10-1, do you think the meta dragon will be slain this year?

4.  What's your favorite Olympic sport that isn't Ice Hockey - and if you don't watch at all, which one would you choose if you were forced to watch?

5.  Who is your Mount Rushmore of sports athletes? (I.e. mine is Brady, Tiger, Lebron, Wayne)

6. Is Discord over moderated?

1. How is your player doing 12 games in? Pretty average in my opinion. 

2. This is the hottest start we've had in a few seasons, what do you think is the main difference so far? Sandstrom and DaMoose have been on fire, I think that's the difference maker.

3. Vancouver are 10-1, do you think the meta dragon will be slain this year? I sure hope so.

4.  What's your favorite Olympic sport that isn't Ice Hockey - and if you don't watch at all, which one would you choose if you were forced to watch? I don't know to be honest. I don't mind the odd soccer game. I watched Canada win gold in the women's soccer last Olympics.

5.  Who is your Mount Rushmore of sports athletes? (I.e. mine is Brady, Tiger, Lebron, Wayne) Brady, Jordan, Gretzky, Ruth

6. Is Discord over moderated? Yeah, I am trying to spend less time on there lately.

Considering that this is Isau's last season and depreciation has taken its toll, I am pretty happy with the way he is performing.  21 points in 12 games is OK.

2. This is the hottest start we've had in a few seasons, what do you think is the main difference so far?

Sandstrom = stud defenceman.

Not unless STHS is tweaked somewhat.  Meta players have certainly exposed STHS vulnerability.

4.  What's your favorite Olympic sport that isn't Ice Hockey - and if you don't watch at all, which one would you choose if you were forced to watch?

Any of the Alpine ski events are pretty exciting.

5.  Who is your Mount Rushmore of sports athletes? (I.e. mine is Brady, Tiger, Lebron, Wayne)

Good question:  Wayne Gretzky, Jackie Robinson, Tom Brady, Dr. J.  (Julius Erving)

I can't honestly say that I have noticed any moderation at all.

1. How is your player doing 12 games in?

Aye well it's been an interesting short ride in Geneva so far, location is new and I've got a lot of new names to chat with and learn their stories, soon enough I'll be watching my stats though.. My player is doing good enough I hope xD

Strategies and builds are meshing really well together, not to mention our goaltender has stepped up!

Yeah I have no doubts, Vancouver just has enough talent left and by the time the playoffs hit with trades and stuff the other teams will catch up or even pass them, what they should be worrying about is another meta forminng

Probably would end up watching the paralympic games instead

5.  Who is your Mount Rushmore of sports athletes? (I.e. mine is Brady, Tiger, Lebron, Wayne)

NBA Antetokounmpo, NHL Ovechkin, TENNIS Djokovic and UFC Jones

100%

Edited by Zack

He's aight I guess. Another .920+ season I'd say is coming up.

I was actually buying players this time. Looks like it worked.

Yes, Riga does it obviously.

Uhh......I have a very hard time to come up with anything here. ski jumping?

No one. literally

I don't really care about that. prolly they want to keep it sterile for the looks so new members wont be turned away from yam gifs and stuff

16 hours ago, kelvi said:

February 6th, 2021

1. Honestly not as good as I would have thought, 7 points in 12 games is alright, but hopefully Donny can get back on track.

2. Depth, a seriously good starting goalie, and a extremely strong top 4 on defense.

3. YES.

4. Bobsledding is cool?

5. Messi, Orr, Brady, Lebron (Orr actually changed the game, Gretzky just did what everyone else was doing but way way better. I'm not taking a shot at the Great One, though I do think Orr did more for the way hockey was played than Gretzky did.)

6. Nah there's a lot of weird people online that make the amount of modding necessary.

Edited by TheNeonShaman

On 2/6/2022 at 11:46 PM, kelvi said:

February 6th, 2021

1. Alright, can't complain about assist per game

2. Better roster, more depth.

3. Nope, meta is a simon hack and it will be there until we stop it

4. Curling is semi-interesting I guess

5. Wayne, Pele, Brady, Jordan

6. The yam gif will burn in hell

February 13th,2022

1. Riga is in a bit of a slump after a strong start, are you concerned?

2. Did you do trivia last week, if so, did you have much trouble finding the answers?

3.  Anze Miklavz is having a disappointing start for the team captain, what do you think he needs to work on?

4.  Who is your early Brett Slobodzian trophy candidate so far?

5.  Who do you think will win the Hart trophy this year in the NHL?

6. Were you satisfied with the result of the Superbowl?