Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Riga is in a bit of a slump after a strong start, are you concerned?

2. Did you do trivia last week, if so, did you have much trouble finding the answers?

3.  Anze Miklavz is having a disappointing start for the team captain, what do you think he needs to work on?

4.  Who is your early Brett Slobodzian trophy candidate so far?

5.  Who do you think will win the Hart trophy this year in the NHL?

6. Were you satisfied with the result of the Superbowl?

1.) Yes 

2.) Yes AND NO 

3.) Being a team player and learn to improve his skills more 

4.) none 

5.) Wayne, Pele, Brady, Jordan

6.) Yes

7 hours ago, kelvi said:

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

February 13th,2022

2. Did you do trivia last week, if so, did you have much trouble finding the answers?

3.  Anze Miklavz is having a disappointing start for the team captain, what do you think he needs to work on?

1. Better to get this figured out now than play well up until playoffs and then slump.

2. Yes and no!

3. Finding some consistent scoring and good line chemistry definitely.

4. Dan Dan is having a remarkable season so far so I'm going to go with them.

5. I think someone like Shesterkin should win it, he's been head and shoulders the best goalie.

6. I wanted the Bengals for Joe Brrr but the Rams have a lot of likeable players so really no way for it to go wrong.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:05 PM, kelvi said:

February 13th,2022

1. Not at all, we have a hell of a hockey team. We'll pull through

2. I got 1/2, it's a tad tougher now lol

3. Considering how well he did last season, I guess just getting back into a winning mindset

4. It's Jannik Nylen for me, his points are mind-blowing

5. Timo Meier, especially if the Sharks make the playoffs. Or Johnny Gaudreau

6. Yes. I was indifferent about the teams, and Cooper Kupp is an absolute beast

1. Riga is in a bit of a slump after a strong start, are you concerned? A little bit. We've had a lack of offense lately.

2. Did you do trivia last week, if so, did you have much trouble finding the answers? I tried it but got both of the questions wrong.

3.  Anze Miklavz is having a disappointing start for the team captain, what do you think he needs to work on? His offense. He's 6th on the team in scoring and many expected him to be among the top.

4.  Who is your early Brett Slobodzian trophy candidate so far? I'd put Dan Dan at this point. Insane amount of points.

5.  Who do you think will win the Hart trophy this year in the NHL? Connor McDavid most likely. Who else would it be.

6. Were you satisfied with the result of the Superbowl? I was satisfied. It was great to see Stafford finally make it there and win.

No because we're winning the continental cup.

Yeah, had 4/4 in two weeks. not a very hard task.

Uhhh.....developing a chemistry or something? looks like somewhat a classic situation here - big TPE forward can't score while lower TPE second liners are popping.

Any who is scoring most of points.

Zero idea, not watching NHL very closely tbh.

Fine. Was more rooting for BUNGLES, but do not mind LAR as well.

February 23th,2022 

1. We are tied for third in the Eu conference with Moscow. 5 points behind London, where do you think we Riga going to end up at the end of the season? 

2. Battre Sandstrom and Nils Tallinder reallly pop off this season and Tobias Reinhart having a great season too. Out of this 3 who is the players who add the most impact this far this season? and why? 

3. What team in the VHL do you think will make the biggest move this trade deadline? if  any trade happen. And wich players are going to be involve?

4. Does you have any player from any team that you would like to see it play with Riga

5. Are you more a beach person or a pool person? 

6. when you ear Gondola what do you think off?

5 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

February 23th,2022 

1. We are tied for third in the Eu conference with Moscow. 5 points behind London, where do you think we Riga going to end up at the end of the season? 

2. Battre Sandstrom and Nils Tallinder reallly pop off this season and Tobias Reinhart having a great season too. Out of this 3 who is the players who add the most impact this far this season? and why? 

3. What team in the VHL do you think will make the biggest move this trade deadline? if  any trade happen. And wich players are going to be involve?

4. Does you have any player from any team that you would like to see it play with Riga

1. I think we could make it a bit higher, passing London seems to be realistic.

2. Reinhart has been fantastic but having Sandstrom coming in from that trade and going off has made such a big impact.

3. Hehe, John Baard to Riga.

4. John Baard as I've already stated, a good friend from previous teams that I have great chemistry with.

5. I have to say beach, it's just more fun to have waves. Pools don't have waves.

6. Venice boats. Not sure there's anything else called a gondola.

Edited by TheNeonShaman
Adding more words

On 2/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, Lemorse7 said:

February 23th,2022 

1. I think we can catch London, Moscow is a great regular season team, so I like our position

2. Sandstrom has been an absolute monster on the back end, carrying Linus's raggedy ass and Cheese as a rookie right into one of the best D cores of the league

3. The Johansson to Chicago trade was nice, things are finally looking kind of up in the Windy City

4. I have my Miami AGM nurx on the team, which is awesome. I'd love to continue feeding prospects up through Miami, as an inside informer. 

5. I like a little bit of both, pools aren't bad but you can't beat beach football

6. There's this gondola ride at Blue Mountain here in Ontario, I've been a few times and it's an incredible view

February 27th,2022

1. I missed last weeks presser and I'm catching up myself - how is everyone feeling about this season?

2. We just made a big acquisition in getting Alex Johnston from Helsinki, what's your thoughts on that?

3.  We have less than 20 games less - what's the main thing we need to focus with the playoff race so close?

4.  If Riga wins, should we retire Battre Sandstrom's number?

5.  Who is having the most surprising season in the NHL 

6. Do you play any video games? If so, what are you typically playing now?

3 hours ago, kelvi said:

1. I missed last weeks presser and I'm catching up myself - how is everyone feeling about this season?

2. We just made a big acquisition in getting Alex Johnston from Helsinki, what's your thoughts on that?

3.  We have less than 20 games less - what's the main thing we need to focus with the playoff race so close?

4.  If Riga wins, should we retire Battre Sandstrom's number?

5.  Who is having the most surprising season in the NHL 

6. Do you play any video games? If so, what are you typically playing now?

1. My player sucks but the team seems to be doing well. That's good.

2. Actually didn't notice we got him until I saw he played 4 games on our team scoring page. Seems like a hefty price, hope it was worth it.

3. Playing better defensively. Our goalie has struggled a bit this season and it would be good to help him out.
4. I don't think he's played enough with Riga to warrant a jersey retirement; this is his first season with the team. I'm not sure he's retiring this season either.

5. Probably the Canadiens. I don't think anyone expected them to be this bad.

6. I do, and I'd say I have been too much lately. I've played a lot of project zomboid lately.

March 6th,2022

1. Looks like playoffs are in the horizon for us - how are you getting yourself ready for the first round?

2. The season is almost over - how would you rate your players year out of 10 and why? 

3.  What has been your favorite moment of the season? Any big games for your plater?

4.  If Riga wins, should we retire Alex Johnston's number ?

5.  Do you miss Cabe McJake?

6. How are you dealing with winter - are you over it yet?

1. Looks like playoffs are in the horizon for us - how are you getting yourself ready for the first round? I'm trying to figure out how the new attributes work.

2. The season is almost over - how would you rate your players year out of 10 and why? 4/10, it's been pretty forgettable.

3.  What has been your favorite moment of the season? Any big games for your plater? I think I got third star in one game. Don't remember which one.

4.  If Riga wins, should we retire Alex Johnston's number? We just acquired him, I think a number retirement warrants a longer career than 18 games.

5.  Do you miss Cabe McJake? Nah, redsus was not a very good person.

6. How are you dealing with winter - are you over it yet? I don't mind it. I wish it would either stay cold or warm up instead of going back and forth though.

19 hours ago, kelvi said:

March 6th,2022

1. Looks like playoffs are in the horizon for us - how are you getting yourself ready for the first round?

2. The season is almost over - how would you rate your players year out of 10 and why? 

3.  What has been your favorite moment of the season? Any big games for your plater?

1. Actually training again and getting better instead of sitting around lazily.

2. 5/10. I had much higher expectations and I went inactive for part of it so the season couldn't improve.

3. Donny has had a few big goals, nothing in specific though.

4. No doubt about it, the ceremony would be awesome.

5. Eh, as a player he was good but not very active in the LR.

6. I like it but am ready for the nice weather to start back up.

23 hours ago, kelvi said:

March 6th,2022

1. I am preparing by going to the grocery store and getting some supplies so I can sit my happy ass on the couch and watch from Cologne.

2. I think I was about a 7 in terms of personal expectations. Didn't have as many goals as I'd like but we did well.

3. I had a GWG in the beginning half of the season and a couple of two goal games, but other than that nothing crazy.

4. Yes, I think he has definitely deserved that honor. He is a great player and should go down in history.

5. No, he was a dick. I think we are a much better squad without him.

6. Yes, I am over it. I don't mind the cold for a while, but when it gets to be like mid-60's for a few days, then goes back to snowing and shit, I hate it.

On 3/6/2022 at 8:08 PM, kelvi said:

March 6th,2022

Staying calm and preparing to get my first vhl playoff win.

6, I had some bright spots but i feel I was a bit inconsistent at times.

Trading for Alex, it felt good to reunite with someone I've played with before.

Yes

Who?

yes, I'm not built for the cold.

March 20th, 2022

1. We finally won a round! How are you celebrating our biggest playoff success in seasons?

2. Who is our playoff MVP at the moment? 

3.  What has been your typical pre-game playoff routine?

4.  What is your opinion on the new hybrid attribute situation? 

5.  Any big surprises so far when it comes to the NHL Trade Deadline?

6. I think Calgary is the favorite to win the cup, who is your favorite? 

On 3/20/2022 at 11:32 AM, kelvi said:

March 20th, 2022

1. We finally won a round! How are you celebrating our biggest playoff success in seasons?

1. Having just enough champagne to be able to recover and play the next game. Don't tell hedge!

2. Sandstrom and Reinhart have both been extremely valuable, I don't want to have to pick between the two

3. Try to avoid thinking of it as any other game, use the same routine as the regular season. Don't get nerves.

4. Yay, meta is gone. Those are my thoughts. I don't mind it at all

5. I'm sad the Habs traded Lehky, but Justin Barron is a great hockey player. Giroux got way less return than expected

6. Tampa, Florida, Colorado, Calgary all in the mix. I have no idea specifically

On 3/20/2022 at 11:32 AM, kelvi said:

March 20th, 2022

1. Trying not to celebrate too much knowing that the next day we got a game that we gotta win.

2. Gotta be Sandstrom, Reinhart has been unreal as well.

3. Carb load, protein shake, dance to my pre-game playlist, win.

4. I'm really excited about it, I think it adds a lot and makes it so there can't be as much of a "meta team".

5. BRUINS GOT LINDHOLM LET'S GO! I actually am super happy about that trade, the big surprise for me was getting rid of John Moore in that trade. We also got rid of Zach Senyshyn, so W's all around.

6. I'm definitely not going to try to jinx it. THE LIGHTNING! LIGHTNING FOR THE 3 PEAT! Yeah no I definitely do not think the Bruins will win the cup, no siree.

1. We finally won a round! How are you celebrating our biggest playoff success in seasons? I wasn't paying much attention to the playoffs if we're being honest.

2. Who is our playoff MVP at the moment? Probably Sandstrom, I don't see it being anyone else.

3.  What has been your typical pre-game playoff routine? I prepare by having a nice shot of fireball.

4.  What is your opinion on the new hybrid attribute situation? I'm not very invested in it. I don't know what to think.

5.  Any big surprises so far when it comes to the NHL Trade Deadline? The Dadonov situation was very strange.

6. I think Calgary is the favorite to win the cup, who is your favorite? Vancouver was my guess in the VHL bracket challenge.

1. The new attributes are live! Was it fun for you to come up with a new build?

2. How sad were you seeing Mason Jones and Obi Adesanya getting traded out?

3. But we have @Telkster now! Rate your hype level.

4. So....what do you think, is @Lemorse7 a double agent for Malmo or vice versa?

5. Sleepy hedge turned into the sleep deprieved zombie. what's wrong with him?

6. VHL World Cup hype! who is winning the tournament and why it's East Europe?

32 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

4. So....what do you think, is @Lemorse7 a double agent for Malmo or vice versa?

1. Yes definitely! Hoping I can do some damage this season, I'm in need of a bounce back year.

2. Yeah, losing some young depth there is tough.

3. 10/10. Telky is an absolute stud and I'm super happy they are on Riga.

4. Hmmm... A bit of both perhaps.

5. Looks like Hedge needs to get some sleep...

6. I mean looking at the teams, America kinda looking ready for a run if I'm being honest.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:17 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Yeah it was pretty fun, I got happier with every tweak I made!

2. It sucks but i guess it’s the cost of well…. Me haha.

3. 10/10 hyped to be here and make the biggest impact that I can!

4. Tough to say, does that mean I could be a double agent?😬

5. Needs to get some more sleep I suppose😴💤.

6. It’ll be Canada because we’re a beast team!

On 4/1/2022 at 6:17 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. I still haven't chosen yet but I will read all the ~analysis~ that our skills coaches posted in the training room.

2. Pretty sad since I scouted both of those players - however, based on our draft history we should probably try and trade for players whenever we can LOL. All jokes aside I'm glad we have one of the best scorers in the league.

3. Hype level is over 9000 - pumped to have him.

4. Won't matter - Riga is elite, need 3 double agents to stop us.

5. He spends too much time on the vhl :)

6. East Europe because Miklavz is on the first line!

I still haven't bothered to tinker with the new attributes yet. There's no hurry to be honest.

I have no inside knowledge, but I assume that I would have been sad about it?

Eww, that guy? Well, I guess he's OK.

They could quite possibly be. The VHL is full of spies and lies.

Not getting enough rest will do that to you. Hopefully he recovers in time for the new season.

If it is Eastern Europe, then enjoy it. World will be coming for the title soon enough!