Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Who would you like to have make your next sig?

2. Which user currently has the best signature on the site?

3. What sport would you like to see receive a sim league of its own?

4. Who's your favorite super hero?

5. What's one weird habit one of your teammates has?

6. Okay, so sometimes the team budget gets a little thin (too many snacks for boss). What's the highest number of players Riga has crammed into one hotel room during an away game?

7. Aw, man. You got pretty drunk at the team party last night. Who drew on your face, and what do you see when you look in the mirror?

8. You're trying to go out to a party (shame on you, corona is scary) during a nationwide lock down and a police officer stops you on your way out of the house to see where you're going. What do you say?

23 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

6. Okay, so sometimes the team budget gets a little thin (too many snacks for boss). What's the highest number of players Riga has crammed into one hotel room during an away game?

7. Aw, man. You got pretty drunk at the team party last night. Who drew on your face, and what do you see when you look in the mirror?

8. You're trying to go out to a party (shame on you, corona is scary) during a nationwide lock down and a police officer stops you on your way out of the house to see where you're going. What do you say?

1. Probably gorlab.

2. I really like .sniffuM's personally.

3. I think boxing would be cool, idk if it already has one or not.

4. I'm thinking Thor. How could you not like Thor.

6. Not necessarily players, but I was crammed in a room with the entire equipment staff one game. The tub was surprisingly comfy.

8. "I'm going to get toilet paper at the grocery store."

Wasty in SHL, or gorlab here

I think @Patrik Tallinder has a pretty nice one

Curling for sure

You @Renomitsu

@Renomitsu has some horrible passes, probably about the same passing skill as I'd see in a 8 year old house leaguer

I'm sure we could fit at least 6 in one, @SDCore can sleep on the floor

SD definitely drew a giant Shush Nyko on my face

Good evening officer

It would be sick to have a gorlab sig.

I hate saying this but Nykos gif sig is pretty good.

Curling.

Deadpool, cause he is both a hero and a villian.

Nyko loves to hear himself talk, even though nobody ever listens.

Nyko probably drew his league rank on my face, which was def a tier or two higher than it actually is.

Drunk walk here, gotta let my dog out, when I have no dog.

Anybody on my current team willing to make me one or gorlab

Too many options for me to think of so I'm going to go with a teammate and it has to be Nykonax

A soccer sim league would be cool

If I knew who drew on my face I'd have already had my revenge, not sure what's worse.. The giant package on my forehead or the red rash from rubbing it

My cat told me to, he was hungry

Edited by diacope

1. Looks like we're having a tough time in the standings. What's going on?

2. What do you like about the direction the league is going?

3. If anything, what haven't you liked about the league's changes so far?

4. Which musical artist/group is your guilty pleasure?

5. For those of you on the Discord, who has your favorite avatar (profile picture)?

6. Which non-sim sports league is most likely to re-open first?

7. I heard a pitch-perfect rendition of "Funkytown," with someone accompanying on synth. Which two of your teammates was up to it?

8. Some reporter told me the boss was shown corralling hedgehogs into the practice facility. Illegal fighting ring or hush-hush hedgehog hockey huddle?

8 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

5. For those of you on the Discord, who has your favorite avatar (profile picture)?

7. I heard a pitch-perfect rendition of "Funkytown," with someone accompanying on synth. Which two of your teammates was up to it?

8. Some reporter told me the boss was shown corralling hedgehogs into the practice facility. Illegal fighting ring or hush-hush hedgehog hockey huddle?

1. We haven’t been able to score. Hopefully our offence can turn it around soon.

2. It seems to be more friendly to new users, with the difference between them and the top players decreasing.

3. Personally I really liked end of season trivia payout but I understand why they took it out.

4. Probably Of Monsters and Men, cause I have a lot of nostalgia associated with them. Since I mostly listen to rap, they’re definitely something different for me.

5. I mean I’ll always like mine cause it reminds me of game 7 against the caps last season, but other than that I’m not really sure. I'll go with your default avatar.

8. Fighting ring. I would know cause I was putting money on the fights.

Not enough Shush Nyko to be honest.

I don't know enough, but I like being in Riga.

Something, something, changes are good mmmk.

Dua Lipa

Hedge for sure.

Baseball.

Nyko and Tate.

Hush-Hush Hedgehog Hockey Huddle. 100%

We aren't scoring enough

I like all the new people coming in, it's always good to have more people in the league

Scoring being at an all time low, feel like this season we're gonna have a very small amount of players over point per game

Eurobeat stuff lmao

Esso and Eno cause they are both pokemon with sunglasses gang

Basketball probably

SD and Kyl

hush-hush hedgehog hockey huddle is the proper term I believe

On 3/29/2020 at 11:11 AM, Renomitsu said:

1. Obviously we need to get scoring balanced and more often.

2. Well for me the more activity and new members means the league itself will keep growing with more teams. Which would be awesome.

3. I can't really say I don't like anything really. But the changes to to being handed out more liberally is a bit of a bummer. I suppose I understand though.

4. That's tough maybe some classic rock stuff. I'm pretty particular about what I listen to.

5. Honestly I haven't really paid too much attention to avatars. I mostly just read everything going on.

8.i think you'd probably be closer to calling it a hedgehog cuddle puddle as they pretty much just want to get their nap on in a big group. It's good for team morale.

1. Big trade! What do you have to say to our new netminder Greg Eagles?

2. Aside from Riga, which team's FA/early season moves have you liked?

3. What's one thing your teammates might be surprised to know about you?

4. Alright, let's say you couldn't have gone into professional hockey. What would you have done instead?

5. (IRL) How have you been affected in the real world by the current pandemic? Are you keeping busy in spite of the quarantines/isolation around the globe?

6. Which one of your teammates is probably the most hardcore gamer?

7. D'aww, one of your teammates was seen on a ritzy romantic date with a local Latvian. Who's the team paramour?

8. Hey, sorry. Arrived a little late to the team potluck - which dish did you bring?

He'll fit right in, sucks to see useful and likable people go but something had to change if we wanted to continue our success. I think the trade made us better team as a whole, see you later old friends! Sup Greg

4. Alright, let's say you couldn't have gone into professional hockey. What would you have done instead?

Probably would have ended up playing cricket, had plenty of teams interested in my talents because of my fathers history, I love hockey too much though. Heard my cousin was just picked up by Perth in the major cricket sim league.. Good luck buddy :D

5. (IRL) How have you been affected in the real world by the current pandemic? Are you keeping busy in spite of the quarantines/isolation around the globe?

Nothing has changed for me other than being worried about catching the virus whenever I go shopping.

Maybe Nyko? I think most of our team is pretty good though, you should see them go on the weekend!

7. D'aww, one of your teammates was seen on a ritzy romantic date with a local Latvian. Who's the team paramour?

Not sure, hope it was a good date though ;)

8. Hey, sorry. Arrived a little late to the team potluck - which dish did you bring?

Sheppard's Pie

On 4/5/2020 at 2:25 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Glad to have him here! Let’s get these Ws.

2. Toronto picking up the Gutzwiler twins was a good move to me.

3. I plan on working in the NHL one day.

4. A marketing director or something like that would be fun.

5. I’ve been keeping fairly busy, and I’m about to get some school work so that should give me stuff to do.

8. Nacho dip. Always a must.

His the best :P Jokes aside, I am glad to be here and try to help Riga at a cup run.

I think my old team, Vancouver, have made some decent moves in order to do a quick rebuild.

That my diet consists of the 3 p's (Pizza, Poutine, Perogies) and yet still in the best shape of my life...Lot's of working out!

I would have been playing professional Soccer as I was already being scouted before falling in love with Hockey.

Currently working from home but I do hope it goes away soon. Almost everything is closed, so not much to do and Summer is coming up

Being Polish I always like to make some home-made perogies to bring for everyone

Carry us please

Really haven't been paying attention to anyone else's

Go into professional league of legends

Tbh it isn't much different from what I normally do

@Kylrad

Mac and cheese

1. The top seven or eight teams are extremely close (~5 points apart as of writing). Who are your top four when the dust settles at the end of the season?

2. One of our rookies (Kyl Oferson) is within striking distance of the rookie points lead. Who's his strongest competition for Rookie of the Year?

3. What team do you like playing against the least?

4. What's your most memorable fan interaction?

5. Let's say you're commish for the day. What do you do in your 24 hours?

6. Thanos has crash-landed on earth and is looking for Infinity Stones. What super power would you choose to stop him from doing that?

7. What are your thoughts about Animal Crossing?

8. Boss says he's at home doing "absolutely nothing." What hobby do you think he should pick up?

On 4/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. The top seven or eight teams are extremely close (~5 points apart as of writing). Who are your top four when the dust settles at the end of the season?

2. One of our rookies (Kyl Oferson) is within striking distance of the rookie points lead. Who's his strongest competition for Rookie of the Year?

6. Thanos has crash-landed on earth and is looking for Infinity Stones. What super power would you choose to stop him from doing that?

8. Boss says he's at home doing "absolutely nothing." What hobby do you think he should pick up?

1. Us, Moscow, Vancouver and Calgary.

2. I’d say Roque Davis.

3. I’m not really sure, maybe Vancouver cause they’re in first right now.

4. A fan tried to jump the glass a few weeks back, so idk if you’d call that an interaction, but it was definitely memorable.

5. Honestly I would just try not to mess anything up lol.

6. The “stop thanos from taking the infinity stones” power.

Riga, Moscow, Vancouver, Seattle

Has to be Roque Davis, will definitely be an interesting race by the end of the season

It used to be Seattle since they knocked my old team out of the playoffs 3 years in a row but now its Vancouver since that's my old team

Handing over my goalie stick to a young fan who was all decked out in Eagles gear

Played it a long time ago and it was pretty fun. Haven't really looked into the new one as I do not have a Switch....PS4 and PC only.

Gaming....can't go wrong with that.

Seattle Vancouver Moscow Calgary?

Killinger probably

Malmao for sure

Fire beaviss and pass some law saying I'm commish for ever

Not my kind of game but seems like people are enjoying it so cool

Maybe napping?

1. Sometimes free agency is a little stagnant. What would you propose to spice things up?

2. What forum improvements (games, etc.) from other leagues would you like to see in the VHL?

3. Kyl Oferson is playing League of Legends again. How does that guy practice his hockey skills if he's off doing ranked games all the time?

4. It looks like Roque Davis has a strong case for Rookie of the Year. What's unique about his game?

5. If any, what musical instrument would you want to learn (btw we're social distancing, no better time to learn than now)?

6. What's the first thing you're going to do after this whole pandemic thing blows over, whenever that is?

7. Someone keeps telling me about these "regression fighters" that players buy with their contract money... what in the world are people talking about?

Gotta go with Erik Killinger, his game is a lot different from the other rookies in the top 10 and if he continues to shoot the puck like he has it'll only create more chances for him and his teammates. Oferson has this though, kid has been eating his wheaties all week ;)

Probably Vancouver because their tough and skilled, a deadly combo. Also I don't like seeing my second favorite identity lose ?

Give away TPE if possible and/or load my player up with cash but if I cant do either of those things I'd probably just sit there and play by the rules.. Or will I?!?!?! A mastermind never tells his secrets!!!!!!

Minimize, Thanos isn't scary if I shrink his ass

Played it when I was younger on the Game Cube and eventually bought it again for the DS, haven't played it in a bit though. I'd give it a 7.77/10, very relaxing and has a ton to do if you want to zen out for hours

Old movies, games or books? Always fun to look back at something you haven't done in a while. Baking is time consuming and you feel good after creating something you never did before or the family enjoys. You could also discover new music, always exciting when you find a new artist 

Edited by diacope

On 4/20/2020 at 1:44 AM, Renomitsu said:

1. Sometimes free agency is a little stagnant. What would you propose to spice things up?

2. What forum improvements (games, etc.) from other leagues would you like to see in the VHL?

3. Kyl Oferson is playing League of Legends again. How does that guy practice his hockey skills if he's off doing ranked games all the time?

4. It looks like Roque Davis has a strong case for Rookie of the Year. What's unique about his game?

5. If any, what musical instrument would you want to learn (btw we're social distancing, no better time to learn than now)?

6. What's the first thing you're going to do after this whole pandemic thing blows over, whenever that is?

7. Someone keeps telling me about these "regression fighters" that players buy with their contract money... what in the world are people talking about?

1. I think making money more important would encourage people to go to free agency.

3. he’s just training his mind.

4. With 90 skating, puck handling and scoring he has a lot going for him offensively.

5. Probably guitar.

6. go see some friends, finally.

7. People have some weird names for anti aging cream.

We need to raise the cap I think so that most players aren't always resigning for the minimum, could make FA interesting again

Would be nice to have a arcade section where you can play some flash games and have a scoreboard to see who is the best

I think the GM should ask him to limit his LoL time in order to use some of that time for Practice

I always wanted to learn to play the drums so that would be one of the first I would want to learn

Go out and hang out on a patio with drinks and a few friends.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

1. Kyl Oferson has fought a total of 9 times this season (2 W, 2 L, 5 T). Is he acting as an enforcer, or does he just really like fighting?
2. Patrik Tallinder must've had his largest group of fan girls behind the team bench yet during last night's game. How is he so ridiculously good looking?

3. Aw man, Disney on Ice did a bunch of fancy tricks during their show yesterday and our ice is all messed up. Who's our Zamboni driver again?

4. Tate was watching the entire team's kids yesterday and somehow got them all to watch movies for a few hours. What's your favorite kids movie?

5. What's your favorite comfort food?

6. Now that you've been here a while, what's your favorite Latvian food?

7. What's more ridiculous, boss's suspension bridge bed setup in his office or Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones's yacht draft room?

8. Okay, enough with the sim league stuff. We've been doing this quarantine thing upwards of five or six weeks now, how are you holding up in real life?

Cocaine and Hookers to all teams.

Not sure the forum is pretty good right now.

He doesn't thats why he is soooooo bad.

He is very consistent with updating and his team puts him in a good place to win.

The oboe.

Cocaine and Hookers?

They are taking legal steroids and I'm sick of it.