Riga Reign Press Conference

On 12/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. The VHL Charity Drive started just yesterday, with over $1,000 in donations (translate that however you like to VHL pro money)! What are your thoughts?

2. In your opinion, what are the two most important factors in deciding a HoF career?

3. It's Unsung Hero Week! Who's your league unsung hero?

4. What did you do on your day off (sims, but no games for us)?

5. What winter holiday do you celebrate -- and what do you hope to get/did you get?

6. Do you follow Star Wars? What's your (spoiler-less) impression of the new movie if you saw it?

7. Good ol' traditional debate question - if you could have any three people from any point in time over for dinner, who would they be?

8. What show did you most recently binge watch?

9. What do you hope to do/see before the end of your VHL career?

10. Alright, we all care about hockey to some extent or another -- what's one thing you really don't care about?

1. This is freaking awesome! It's always great to come together as a community and help others.

2. I think you need to have a dominant player but I also think it's important to think about their impact on the community. How did they contribute to the community during their career?

3. I went with @efiug who is a solid and consistent goalie in the VHLM and hopefully one day for Riga.

8. I'm really enjoying the Witcher Netflix series right now.

9. I think just like everyone, I hope to win a defenseman award of some sorts.

10. The new Star Wars movies.

1. Yikes. Calgary just blew up. Any thoughts you can say publicly?

2. Let's suppose (again, entirely hypothetically) there were to be a changing of the guard in Calgary. Who would you recommend for GM?

3. Regardless of whether our series has finished or not, who meets up in the finals?

4. This season, we've had multiple players call it quits before their career was maxed out. Who's the next player you think might retire before their eighth season?

5. Which VHLM player's future pro career are you most excited about?

6. What's the best VHL player name in the league? Best username?

7. Say you couldn't do hockey for a career. What sport would you have tried to go pro for instead?
8. Mint in desserts: amazing or too close to toothpaste?

9. Of the four teams that didn't make the playoffs, which one has the brightest future?

10. As an agency, do you/will you prefer to make players all of one position, or do you prefer to branch out with successive players?

...and they got back together, except of Flashback and LeBlanc which won't be a big loss for Calgary imo. Just Dil doing his thing, nothing new.

2. Let's suppose (again, entirely hypothetically) there were to be a changing of the guard in Calgary. Who would you recommend for GM?

Whoever from VHLM, I guess? I believe it was supposed to be Blade at some point, but idk how about now.

3. Regardless of whether our series has finished or not, who meets up in the finals?

Need to believe in our team, so Riga and Vancouver.

4. This season, we've had multiple players call it quits before their career was maxed out. Who's the next player you think might retire before their eighth season?

From our players? I hope nobody lol. League wide, idk. Probably some middle ground S64-66 players who won't have enough TPE to fight the depreciation.

Patrik Tallinder.

Can't really name em right of the bat and I'm too lazy to research stuff.

7. Say you couldn't do hockey for a career. What sport would you have tried to go pro for instead?

Cricket obv.

Indifferent tbh.

9. Of the four teams that didn't make the playoffs, which one has the brightest future?

Calgary? They were a good team this season and thy also have two lotto pick. They'll be fine. The only problem is Wahl too old, but that's for the later moment.

10. As an agency, do you/will you prefer to make players all of one position, or do you prefer to branch out with successive players?

Trying all positions, but I prefer a forward/center.

On 12/22/2019 at 4:39 AM, Renomitsu said:

7. Good ol' traditional debate question - if you could have any three people from any point in time over for dinner, who would they be?

10. Alright, we all care about hockey to some extent or another -- what's one thing you really don't care about?

Tough one: Bill Burr, Patrice O´Neal and Jamie Oliver. Bill and Patrice would sit there and roast Jamie while he cooks dinner for all of us. Meanwhile I will just watch.

Archer, was a while back though. Other than that, I have not really watched any shows in past year or so.

Cup win would be super nice, is there a better way to end a career than winning it all!?

Mumble rap or whatever you call it, terrible.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:41 PM, Renomitsu said:

Unfortunate events, no winners in that situation. Hopefully Calgary bounces back and players who retired are going to come back!

I have no idea, but I guess you could look into the VHLM and see if some general managers would be interested in jumping into big show? Would also open one spot in the juniors and some new GM can start their career.

Riga and Vancouver, no clue if its even possible, but dream final for me personally!

1. The VHL Charity Drive started just yesterday, with over $1,000 in donations (translate that however you like to VHL pro money)! What are your thoughts?

That's great.

2. In your opinion, what are the two most important factors in deciding a HoF career?

Who you know, and who you bl--- I mean longevity, luck and ice time.

Me of course!  It couldn't have been said better in that article.  I win face-offs, and I say my piece when I need to (although I have been a bit quiet lately - it's the holidays and I have been busy)

Went and caught the new Star Wars movie.

5. What winter holiday do you celebrate -- and what do you hope to get/did you get?

Christmas - or bringing joy to people.  We didn't get each other much, we just focused on the kids this year.

6. Do you follow Star Wars? What's your (spoiler-less) impression of the new movie if you saw it?

The pacing was much better than 7 and 8.  I had a few things I didn't like, but overall I felt this was the best of the new 3.

I especially loved how they had baby yoda wake up from having a three movie long dream...

Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Kevin Smith, Mark Hamill

I'd say Daybreak on netflix, although I'm only about 4 episodes in (I did watch 3 episodes in one night)

A cup win.

10. Alright, we all care about hockey to some extent or another -- what's one thing you really don't care about?

Justin Bieber

On 12/28/2019 at 10:41 AM, Renomitsu said:

3. Riga and Vancouver. Based on the regular season this was bound to happen.

5. Erik Summers @Erik Summers spent an extra year in the minors so he's going to be deadly in his rookie year.

7. Cricket has been a fun hobby so probably that.

8. Amazing! Hands down makes things better.

9. I think DC will really pop off next season.

10. Diversity is the key to success so we prefer to branch out.

yall certainly more rich than I ever was.

Awards and stats.

Anthony Matthews for Riga.

Cursing the schedule.

Celebrated both of them weekends. I'm still hoping for a championship for Riga.

Nah.

My sister.

any NHL/NBA game, CBJ in particular.

Championship.

bout our government. used to care back in the day, but now it's not worth it.

1. How did you feel after our first finals game (the quadruple overtime one)? Did it affect how you played in game 2?

2. With (between 3 and 7) games now played in the finals, how do you feel about the results?

3. Which player do you think will redeem himself next season?

4. Which over-performing player do you think will come back down to Earth next season?

5. What's the most difficult part about playing post-season games?
6. How much do you care about World Cup and WJC games?

7. How could we improve off-season tournaments? Is there a way to make the Brand Tournament work?

8. Suppose there are 15 seconds left in Game 7 of the finals -- you can pick ONE player to pass the puck, and the other to shoot and score. Who do you choose?
9. Looking back on your draft, were you picked too high or too low?

10. Which of our players needs to step up most with the retirees leaving our team this season?

On 12/28/2019 at 5:41 PM, Renomitsu said:

Handball could be one, I have pretty solid throwing hand and I´m fairly tall. Another one would be football, super popular game and I think I could have what it takes to pursue a career in football, focus on defensive positions, so my stone touch with the ball is not that big of a deal.

Amazing for sure, cant go wrong with mint desserts. I love mint.

I like to mix it up, all kinds of positions. Never two in row on same positions, never had a goalie before though, waiting the right time for that, which might be soon since I have built few on every other position.

7 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. How did you feel after our first finals game (the quadruple overtime one)? Did it affect how you played in game 2?

2. With (between 3 and 7) games now played in the finals, how do you feel about the results?

Did not help that is for sure, a lot of hockey in one evening, so recovering from the game took a lot longer than normally. Still felt it in game two, but more so in the end - started to run out of gas a lot earlier.

I think the series might go all the way to game 7, tight games mostly so far and a real battle between goalies when not that many goals have been scored.

Tough to find one from Riga, everybody played pretty well I´d say. Of course from this seasons ´depth´ group you can find players who will fairly surely have even better seasons next year, would not surprise me if guys like Busser and Matthews will score over 50 points next year, assuming they get powerplay time. This year they have been in defensive roles and naturally scored bit less.

12 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

4. Which over-performing player do you think will come back down to Earth next season?

5. What's the most difficult part about playing post-season games?
6. How much do you care about World Cup and WJC games?

7. How could we improve off-season tournaments? Is there a way to make the Brand Tournament work?

8. Suppose there are 15 seconds left in Game 7 of the finals -- you can pick ONE player to pass the puck, and the other to shoot and score. Who do you choose?
9. Looking back on your draft, were you picked too high or too low?

10. Which of our players needs to step up most with the retirees leaving our team this season?

1. Playing that much is always tiring. I felt like I couldn't get my legs going as much as I'd like in the second game.

2. We are playing well. If we can get more consistent defensively I think we'll take the series and the cup.

3. Hopefully I can help generate some more offensive next season. With 3 forwards leaving we'll need all the offensive power we can get.

4. I'm not sure Kallis Kriketers @hedgehog337 can replicate the amazing season they've had this year. I think they've peaked this season.

8. I'd pass it to Hackett who will some how end up passing it straight into the net.

10. We've got 3 forwards leaving next season so we'll have to fill that hole some how. I think Patrik Tallinder @Patrik Tallinder coming up is a going to help quite a bit but we still might need some more fire power.

1. What's the most intriguing trade from this off-season?

2. (if free agency has started) What's the most surprising signing you've seen so far?

3. (if it hasn't started) Which player are you most surprised about going to free agency so far?

4. Who's the most important re-signing from this off-season?

5. Aside from us, based on current team situation who's most likely to make it to the finals next season?

6. We heard Apollo Hackett was arrested for allegedly jumping on someone else's Mercedes (yeah yeah, I know it's Julian Edelman) after losing to the Bears in the finals. Is it true?

7. If you could add one rule of your choice to hockey (ridiculous or realistic) what would it be?

8. We found, like, 20 rubber duckies on the locker room floor after one of your recent games. What gives?

9. Variety is the spice of life. What hobby or activity would you like to pick up this off-season?

10. Who's the most attractive person on this planet?

9 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

2. (if free agency has started) What's the most surprising signing you've seen so far?

3. (if it hasn't started) Which player are you most surprised about going to free agency so far?

5. Aside from us, based on current team situation who's most likely to make it to the finals next season?

6. We heard Apollo Hackett was arrested for allegedly jumping on someone else's Mercedes (yeah yeah, I know it's Julian Edelman) after losing to the Bears in the finals. Is it true?

7. If you could add one rule of your choice to hockey (ridiculous or realistic) what would it be?

8. We found, like, 20 rubber duckies on the locker room floor after one of your recent games. What gives?

9. Variety is the spice of life. What hobby or activity would you like to pick up this off-season?

Since @gorlab didn't post our PC this week I'm going to invade and answer my Latvian brethren's. ;) 

1) You trading for Davison, probably ? What's going on with Kriket? 

5) moscow moscow moscow

6) Wouldn't put it past him, but in his defense, I would have too :( 

7) Goalies can legally throw snowballs at opponents

9) I think I'd like to learn to speak Russian considering I can't talk to hardly anyone 

10) obviously Hedge

whole lotta of trades. probably gotta agree with Hatter and say our trade with Moscow cause Cricket is about to retire.

Don't think there would be much surprised this year. Although if Low isn't signing with DC, that could be a bit interesting.

Nobody. Again, Low was kinda interesting. But after NY got McWolf, not so surprising anymore.

Apollo Hackett, Pat Svoboda. Enough said.

This is the Moscow's season to lose. NA is pretty even so far.

I hope Mercedes is okay.

Allowing players to take a nap during the game and not being scored while that moment.

What can I say....quack quack.

Cricket.

Nobody, everyone boring.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Riga picking up another star goalie is really interesting considering we still have Kricket.

3. I'm real surprised Kevin Low hasn't extended with the American's.

4. Riga keeping Hackett seems super important for them. I don't Riga stands a chance without him.

5. New Yorks roster is looking really strong as long as their goal tending can hold.

6. I mean if it's "allegedly", I'm always going to side with Hackett. It probably didn't happen.

7. A line brawl should be the tie breaker after OT instead of a shootout.

On 1/12/2020 at 3:42 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. I’d say Davison to Riga, he’s a big name arriving at the same time I am, so hopefully we can both contribute for the team this year. 

5. You can’t doubt Seattle getting back to the finals.

6. Pics or it didn’t happen. Must’ve been someone else.

7. Never thought of this before, but it would be fun to see hand passes being allowed but only in the air. You’d just have people jumping up to bat the puck to their teammates and some weird assists. I mean it would be fun for about 2 weeks but it would get old quick.

9. I will become the best crochet player the world has ever seen during this offseason.

10. Larry the lobster

oh right press conference questions are a thing

remember you only have to answer 6 to get the full 2 TPE for the week as usual!

1. Which new draft pick is most likely to make an immediate impact on their team?

2. Which player is the steal of the S71 draft? Can't pick any new Reign members!

3. Seattle has a team of very active players, mostly from Season 67 -- which means none of them have faced regression yet. But it also means their salaries will keep getting higher based on the TPE scale and they're already at the cap; how will they deal with that?

4. Who's the suavest player on the team?

5. The boss is always sleeping. What's the weirdest thing that's happened that he never knew about?

6. Who are your front-runners for Most Improved Player next season?

7. Who do you think the next Davos GM will be/(if already selected) what do you think of the new GM selection?

8. All I ever see in trades are players and draft picks. What's one weird thing you'd like to see brought to the table for trades?

On 1/19/2020 at 9:40 AM, Renomitsu said:

1. Which new draft pick is most likely to make an immediate impact on their team?

2. Which player is the steal of the S71 draft? Can't pick any new Reign members!

3. Seattle has a team of very active players, mostly from Season 67 -- which means none of them have faced regression yet. But it also means their salaries will keep getting higher based on the TPE scale and they're already at the cap; how will they deal with that?

5. The boss is always sleeping. What's the weirdest thing that's happened that he never knew about?

7. Who do you think the next Davos GM will be/(if already selected) what do you think of the new GM selection?

8. All I ever see in trades are players and draft picks. What's one weird thing you'd like to see brought to the table for trades?

1. Odin Omdahl might be the best early pick. He can slot right into Seattle and helps them mitigate some of their cap problems.

2. I think Aleksandra Olsen has potential to really help Malmo in the future. At 22 ov I think she might be a steal.

3. I think the only way to deal with that is to bring in new blood. You have to trade some of that talent for picks when you hit a cap wall.

6. I've heard some talk about Sasakamoose being in the running. I can only hope I'll improve my play enough this season for that.

7. I don't think they could have picked a better GM for Davos. Hopefully Gustav will turn the team around.

8. I think we need to factor in firstborns. Just think about acquiring the right to groom a potential HOF player from birth.

Trading people away for picks or cheaper players

Used to be Dahlberg but gotta say its Codrick Past now

Weirdest thing? Definitely @Renomitsu making a good pass

Guy Sasakamoose easily, got like 2 goals and 14 points last season

Seeing the new selection, I say we bring back Shawn

Weird conditions like articles having to be written about the other GM

On 1/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Renomitsu said:

1. I think it’ll probably be Encarnacion or Lahtinen because I’d assume they’ll be getting a lot of ice time for Calgary, and therefore have more chance to make an impact. 

2. Gonna say Ike Bennett or Aleelee Kiak

3. I’m guessing some people will have to be shipped out for future assets, as they can’t add more with their cap situation.

6. It has to be Sasakamoose. He didn’t have a bad season last time around, but there’s a ton more potential there.

7. Gustav was a great choice. He helped me a lot in Mississauga and I’m really happy to see him get the promotion. 

8. It would be interesting if the rule of a GM being able to claim their own player with a first round pick could be traded. For example, if one GM has a good upcoming player, they could trade a first round pick with the ability to claim their player to another team.

Heh-hey, I'm getting this done early on Saturday instead of 3 minutes before the end of the updating week!

1. We're off to a pretty rough start. Why are we 9th in the standings?

2. In your opinion, who's the biggest practical jokester in the league?

3. If you(r player) could have been born in any other country, where would your first pick have been?

4. What countries have the most attractive people?

5. New year (for 3 weeks now lmao), new you. What's your new year's resolution(s)?

6. I saw the boss working out the other day. Who do you think he's trying to impress?

7. A reporter recently told me that 4 different fans fainted when Patrik Tallinder made his pro debut. How is this man so handsome?

8. Of the past four or five drafts, which bust would you love to see make a comeback?

A little bit higher now. We're still playing with a CPU backup and waiting for the later moment to add another player. Our roster isn't finalized yet so we're being aight so far.

I've heard Hogan has some jokes about him being the toughest guy on the league.

3. If you(r player) could have been born in any other country, where would your first pick have been?

Latvia.

Latvia.

5. New year (for 3 weeks now lmao), new you. What's your new year's resolution(s)?

Keeping my optimal sleeping schedule.

6. I saw the boss working out the other day. Who do you think he's trying to impress?

Lincoln Tate since he was drafted by a current AGM due to boss sleeping.

7. A reporter recently told me that 4 different fans fainted when Patrik Tallinder made his pro debut. How is this man so handsome?

Beating someones from Prague ass, that's so cute.

8. Of the past four or five drafts, which bust would you love to see make a comeback?

Ben Storm. Could've been one of the next big thing with Tallinder. smh

On 1/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, Renomitsu said:

Heh-hey, I'm getting this done early on Saturday instead of 3 minutes before the end of the updating week!

1. I think it's mostly starting a backup goalie. We are leaving an uphill battle for ourselves but I think we'll be fine in the end.

3. Probably a Nordic country. I feel like the talent that comes out of that area is amazing.

5. Get more points. Last season sucked point wise.

6. He's just trying to intimidate the other GMs and I think it's working.

7. I feel like it has to be in his blood. Hard work alone can't make you that good.

8. I had high hopes for Ben Storm @BigBallerFromDownUnder and I'm still holding out for Fomba @efiug becoming the best backup goalie in the VHL.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:38 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. I’m not sure, looking at our team stats nothing jumps out to me, maybe we just need to up our play a bit as a whole. 

3. Probably either Canada or Finland. I’m from Canada, so it would make sense, and in terms of Finland, I’ve grown to really like it as a hurricanes fan with guys like Aho, Teravainen, Jokinen etc.

4. I mean Sweden has to be up there. Erik Karlsson, Gabriel Landeskog, Patrik Tallinder

6. I’d say Guy Sasakamoose. He’s trying to prove his dominance over the beard, but the beard does what the beard wants.

7. The Swedish DNA has to be the answer. After the game there were talks about whether I should have to wear a tinted visor, because I’m a “public health risk” to everyone who’s prone to fainting. Thankfully that discussion was dropped.

8. Honestly I’d like to see Thorny Underyew (I think that’s how it’s spelt) make a comeback, cause he was pretty highly touted when I first joined. I remember thinking he would be really good based on his VHLM stats.

Because Nyko sucks

McWolf

Uganda

Denmark, Sweden

Win another cup and reach a career high in points

Not Nykonax

1. Welcome back to the podium! We heard there was a HUGE party with some Vice players last night - who else was there?

2. What was your kids'/midget league team name?

3. We recently saw some construction across the street from your practice facility. What is the franchise building over there?

4. Someone just leaked a recording of a couple of your teammates. One can sing super well and the other... not so much. Who's who?

5. Lots of players have a pre-game ritual. What's yours?

6. What's your ritual if your number is called during a shootout?

7. What's one hobby/topic/subreddit, etc. you follow that people might be surprised by?

8. You know, I recently went to Wuhan, China and... excuse me... [reporter sneezes all over you]. What were you saying again?