Moscow Menace Press Conference

52 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Post postseason presser :(. Should be usable next week too.

1. Well, we got eliminated in the first round. How're you feeling, and what's on your mind?

It's an unfortunate way for my second time here to end but it was a great run.

2. Currently London, Davos, Calgary and Seattle are left alive. Who will you root for out of the remaining Cup contenders? Any particular reason for why?

London. Get them their first one.

3. If we're looking on the bright side, our early postseason exit along with Prague's early exit gives us 2 top 12 picks this draft. Anyone you have your eye on, or any position you think the organization should be looking at?

Defense, we have no prospects that are developing at that position and there are some solid picks there.

4. The World Cup is coming back this offseason, do you think you'll get picked to play for a national team? Do you enjoy playing in the World Cup?

No. It is always fun to be picked and having an extra tournament for your player to play in.

5. We've got a fair amount of players that need to be re-signed this offseason. What would you say to them if you were in my spot for contract negotiations?

Run it back

6. Lastly, we've officially seen the end of Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP's career - all of which was spent with Moscow despite initially being drafted to Helsinki. Any final words for one of the most loyal and consistent players in team history?

It was a wonderful time being here an I am excited to see how I get back to Moscow again.

1. Well, we got eliminated in the first round. How're you feeling, and what's on your mind?

Yes, it seems inevitable that the Moscow team is suffering from some kind of curse. I blame Putin.

2. Currently London, Davos, Calgary and Seattle are left alive. Who will you root for out of the remaining Cup contenders? Any particular reason for why?

I don't think I can bring myself to root for any of them. I'll be too busy organizing the hit on SimonT this offseason.

3. If we're looking on the bright side, our early postseason exit along with Prague's early exit gives us 2 top 12 picks this draft. Anyone you have your eye on, or any position you think the organization should be looking at?

I think the Menace will need to start finding some defensive replacements soon. After Voss' failure once again, he's headed towards the scrapheap.

4. The World Cup is coming back this offseason, do you think you'll get picked to play for a national team? Do you enjoy playing in the World Cup?

I don't think I'll get picked. The WC is entertaining though.

5. We've got a fair amount of players that need to be re-signed this offseason. What would you say to them if you were in my spot for contract negotiations?

"Don't be a dick. Come back to Moscow or your name will be added to the hitlist alongside Simon."

6. Lastly, we've officially seen the end of Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP's career - all of which was spent with Moscow despite initially being drafted to Helsinki. Any final words for one of the most loyal and consistent players in team history?

No words, just this.

It's definitely not what we wanted but I feel like next season will be better.

Well I was rooting for everyone just not Davos no reason🙂

Nobody in particular but I do feel like getting a defenseman early on will help.

I hope so. I've never played in the WC so no idea.

we've got Jason on our team now.

6. Lastly, we've officially seen the end of Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP's career - all of which was spent with Moscow despite initially being drafted to Helsinki. Any final words for one of the most loyal and consistent players in team history?

I've never met you but it seems like you were a big part of this team, good luck in your retirement.

Presser for June 5th week!

1. Moscow and Prague made a surprise trade late last week - did you see it? Any initial thoughts?

2. In the trade, Moscow added a forward, a defenseman, and a goalie. Which position do you think was most in need for the team?

3. With Kyosti Karjalainen retired, Moscow will have to choose a new Captain. Who do you think might be a good choice?

4. Moscow had 3 players nominated for the Most Outstanding Player - Ronan Lavelle, Tomas Sogaard and Hammar Voss. Do you think any of them will win?

5. I've asked this question before, but the landscape of the VHL is always changing. Which player not on Moscow would you want to play with, if there was the opportunity to team up?

6. Wrong answers only - what is @BOOM's favorite music to listen to?

1. Moscow and Prague made a surprise trade late last week - did you see it? Any initial thoughts?

Yes, I saw that one. Good trade for both teams and should see Moscow stay very competitive this season.

2. In the trade, Moscow added a forward, a defenseman, and a goalie. Which position do you think was most in need for the team?

The addition of Nesbitt will definitely help the Blue Line depth and take some pressure off Voss, but with Murdock gone, Wallob is a handy replacement.

3. With Kyosti Karjalainen retired, Moscow will have to choose a new Captain. Who do you think might be a good choice?

Definitely Lavelle. He's a stud forward that is more than capable of leading the Menace, both on and off the ice.

4. Moscow had 3 players nominated for the Most Outstanding Player - Ronan Lavelle, Tomas Sogaard and Hammar Voss. Do you think any of them will win?

That bum Voss doesn't stand a chance, but both Sogaard and Lavelle deserve their nominations for sure.

5. I've asked this question before, but the landscape of the VHL is always changing. Which player not on Moscow would you want to play with, if there was the opportunity to team up?

There's a few tbh, but both @Triller and @MubbleFubbles both come to mind.

Nepalese Panpipe Beatbox for sure.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:08 AM, Spartan said:

1. Yes! I was involved. Glad to be wanted by someone but man I am sick of having to move Nesbitt from town to town!

2.  Of course Nesbitt was the biggest addition, he is a beast ;) 

3. My former teammate and monster defenseman Hammar Voss!

4. No, i don't know why, but I want to complain that the league was unfair!

5. No one, I only want to play with my team!

6. Definitely yodeling music on repeat!

I was also involved in that trade! I was very excited to join Moscow.

I think the defenseman was most needed for Moscow.

I think Ronan Lavelle would be the best choice for that role.

Yes, I think all of them have a very good chance of winning that award.

It would definitely have to be Siyan Yasilievich.

6. Wrong answers only - what is @BOOM's favorite music to listen to?

Probably nursery rhymes.

Edited by Jason kranz

I did not see it unfortunately but I am sure it will make Moscow even stronger than before! 

Having strong goalies is always important so I would say that and I am happy to work alongside our new defenseman

@BOOM!

I wish all three could win but I am betting on Hammar Voss! 

Siyan Yasilievich is a top defenseman so it would be great to work with him! 

It's definitely Here Comes the Boom by Nelly

On 6/5/2023 at 9:08 AM, Spartan said:

4. I think we have a very good chance at one of them winning considering they all had fantastic seasons.

5. Playing with Babay Shrimp would be pretty cool!

6. Extreme Underground Modern Retro Christian Orchestra with a dash of beatboxing.

I did not see it but I assume it was a solid move by our fearless leaders.

I'll say goalie. There's not a single position on the ice that carries more weight.

How about Voss or Lavelle?

Absolutely! I'd like to see a fellow defenseman take the trophy home.

I'll play with anyone. All Marlin legends are especially welcome on my team though.

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei on repeat.

Presser for June 12th week!

1. The VHL draft was Sunday night, and with our top selection, we chose RW - Jeff Lewis @nerji. What do you have to say to welcome him to the team?

2. We traded away our second first round pick to Malmo in exchange for a S91 1st and S90 2nd. What are your thoughts on that trade?

3. Is there anyone from the S90 class that stands out to you as someone you'd like Moscow to draft?

4. Training Camp is approaching a close - what skills did your player focus on?

5. The season starts this Friday. How excited are you to get going?!

6. WRONG answers only - if @AW13 was a musician that traveled the world to perform, what instrument would he be playing and why?

On 6/12/2023 at 9:33 AM, Spartan said:

1. The VHL draft was Sunday night, and with our top selection, we chose RW - Jeff Lewis @nerji. What do you have to say to welcome him to the team?

2. We traded away our second first round pick to Malmo in exchange for a S91 1st and S90 2nd. What are your thoughts on that trade?

3. Is there anyone from the S90 class that stands out to you as someone you'd like Moscow to draft?

6. WRONG answers only - if @AW13 was a musician that traveled the world to perform, what instrument would he be playing and why?

1. Welcome to Moscow Jeff!

2. Trading a 2nd for a 1st and 2nd sounds like a win to me assuming decent enough draft!

3. I have no clue, I am happy to play with most anyone!

4. Nothing, just trying to live till retirement!

5. I am excited. Another new place and still trying to get a cup!

6. Clearly I would be playing the electric triangle!

Congratulations on being selected by the supreme European franchise. Enjoy the free Vodka!

Excellent trade from our perspective, but my in-depth analysis would be completely wrong so I'll just say nice one boss!

I'm keeping very quiet on the players that I'm scouting. I have zero intention of doing a rival teams' work for them. F*ck those guys.

Definitely fighting. I'm going to get suspended this season for assault.

Mildly excited to see if SimonT gives Moscow a break this season. I fear he won't, so my expectations are quite low.

6. WRONG answers only - if @AW13 was a musician that traveled the world to perform, what instrument would he be playing and why?

Having known AW for quite a while, I really think he'd excel at something like the cymbals or xylophone. He seems to be that level talented.

1. The VHL draft was Sunday night, and with our top selection, we chose RW - Jeff Lewis @ nerji. What do you have to say to welcome him to the team?

1. Welcome to the team lad to have you here.

2. I think it was a good trade, one 1st rounder for an S91 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder sounds like a good trade to me.

3. Haven't really checked what that draft class looks like but I would enjoy having Moon on the team.

4. My player focused on faceoffs.

5. Very excited, excited to see how Jason performs in Moscow and who his linemates will be.

6. WRONG answers only - if @ AW13 was a musician that traveled the world to perform, what instrument would he be playing and why?

6. The piccolo, I don't know just seems like the kind of person to play it.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:33 AM, Spartan said:

1. I'm seeing a future all-star in the making

2. Smart trade, I think the amount of quality players in that draft will be exceptional

3. That @Moon guy is not bad :prayer:

4. A well-rounded training camp, Sogaard focused on banking his skills for the future.

5. Hyped, it's go-time. Time to try to run-it-back with Lavelle and Voss to defend our titles, and redeem Moscow's playoff run.

6. A hollowed-out cucumber flute and triangle

PC for week of 6/25!

1. The S88 VHL awards were last week, and we had 3 players win 3 awards each. Were you surprised to see so much hardware coming to Moscow?

2. Do you think we can replicate the amount of individual success from last season? Do we need to be changing our mindsets to win less individual awards and more team awards?

3. How are you feeling about Moscow's chances this season? 

4. Who do you think will be the "X-factor" on our team - or in other words, whose success will determine how well our team performs as a whole?

5. Nils Andersson, @Viper, has made his VHL rookie debut and is sitting in 7th for rookie scoring, 2 points behind the leader. Any words of encouragement for the rook?

6. Wrong answers ONLY - If @Viper was a superhero or supervillain, who would he be and why? (Doesn't have to be a real superhero or whatever, make up whatever you'd like)

1. The S88 VHL awards were last week, and we had 3 players win 3 awards each. Were you surprised to see so much hardware coming to Moscow?

Nope not surprised there are a lot of talented players in Moscow.

2. Do you think we can replicate the amount of individual success from last season? Do we need to be changing our mindsets to win less individual awards and more team awards?

Yes, we need to get some team awards.

I think our chances are pretty high this season.

4. Who do you think will be the "X-factor" on our team - or in other words, whose success will determine how well our team performs as a whole?

I'd probably say Ronan.

5. Nils Andersson, @ Viper, has made his VHL rookie debut and is sitting in 7th for rookie scoring, 2 points behind the leader. Any words of encouragement for the rook?

Keep up the good work!

6. Wrong answers ONLY - If @ Viper was a superhero or supervillain, who would he be and why? (Doesn't have to be a real superhero or whatever, make up whatever you'd like)

Probably a superhero that is useless.

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

PC for week of 6/25!

Not surprised at all. There's some great guys in Moscow with the necessary leadership to succeed.

I don't think we need to change our mindset. Keep earning individual awards and the team awards should follow. 

I like our chances. It's a solid squad. I personally won't be in the VHL for another season though so if you all wanted to wait to raise the cup I wouldn't mind. 🙂

That's tough. There were some big players last season. I'll give it to Wallob though. Goalies need love.

5. Nils Andersson, @Viper, has made his VHL rookie debut and is sitting in 7th for rookie scoring, 2 points behind the leader. Any words of encouragement for the rook?

You can do it! We'll all be very sad if you don't. No pressure.

6. Wrong answers ONLY - If @Viper was a superhero or supervillain, who would he be and why? (Doesn't have to be a real superhero or whatever, make up whatever you'd like)

Viper is obviously Condiment King. Using the power of ketchup and mustard ever so deviously. That's a real super villain in case anyone was curious. The bane of your favorite white T-shirt. Condiment King!

Well tbh, I was only surprised by the Voss awards. Both of the others thoroughly deserved their success. Voss, well.......

If individual success comes to our players, that will be awesome, but I think the majority of Menace players would sacrifice that individual glory for a title.

Pretty good so far although my pessimism still has me fearing SimonT hiding around the corner to somehow shaft us. Is he Ukrainian?

Well I've been surprised about the early form of Nesbitt, so maybe he can be a real shock to the VHL this season and help us grab that cup!

Keep it up. It's a long season, but with hard work and perseverance, most things can be achieved.

6. Wrong answers ONLY - If @Viper was a superhero or supervillain, who would he be and why? (Doesn't have to be a real superhero or whatever, make up whatever you'd like)

Captain Stinkypants.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, Spartan said:

PC for week of 6/25!

1. Not surprised but we have a great team to work with :holtzhappy:

2. No, I don't think we have to change our mindset, we could just improve some parts but we can still worry ab the individual awards and the team awards. 

3. I think they r pretty great to win this season.

4. Clueless Wallob, He´s a great piece for our team since that player will allow us to block all the shots and protect our net

6. The Riddler bc he's green and viper sounds like green color 👍

On 6/19/2023 at 2:41 PM, Spartan said:

PC for week of 6/25!

1. Honestly I was both surprised and not at the same time, Boom and Arce have grinded so much, and deserve the awards. Very hard to argue against them being both the best forward and defenseman in the league.

2. I'd sacrifice all of those individual awards for that sweet sweet Continental Cup.

3. I'm feeling pretty good, I feel like we are top contenders yet again. 

4. Great question, I'd actually say Jason. I think him being on the 2nd line and driving the offensive and defensive production of that line will be crucial to our success. He's been great so far!

5. Keep your eyes on the prize, and keep doing what you're doing.

6. The Diabolical Donut Thief

Yeah it was surprising since Moscow didn't win the cup.  These award winners just crumbling under the pressure.

Yeah there is one team award I'm sure the team would prefer to win compared to all these individual ones, its the Cup.

Pretty high chance of a great regular season.

Probably Wallob, with Murdock gone, the team needs a strong keeper to try to repeat the success the team saw last season.

5. Nils Andersson, @Viper, has made his VHL rookie debut and is sitting in 7th for rookie scoring, 2 points behind the leader. Any words of encouragement for the rook?

Try to do a little better, that way you can have the rookie points lead.

6. Wrong answers ONLY - If @Viper was a superhero or supervillain, who would he be and why? (Doesn't have to be a real superhero or whatever, make up whatever you'd like)

Incredibly Young Lad

Ok whipping something up real quick

1. Who would you say has been our team MVP so far this season?

2. Are you playing up to your expectations? Is there still room to improve?

3. If your player didn't play a sport for a living, what career would you work?

4. If the trade deadline hasn't passed yet, do you think we should try to acquire anyone with just 500k in cap space? If it has passed, what did you think of it?

5. Should I retire and recreate at the TDL having broken the TPE record, or do I play out the season and set the bar as high as I can?

6. Who on the team is most likely to ask for and pay for feet pics?

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

Ok whipping something up real quick

4. If the trade deadline hasn't passed yet, do you think we should try to acquire anyone with just 500k in cap space? If it has passed, what did you think of it?

5. Should I retire and recreate at the TDL having broken the TPE record, or do I play out the season and set the bar as high as I can?

1. I'd probably go with Deron Nesbitt, but honestly, the whole team has done great

2. I'd definitely like to see Jason improve, I'd love to see him score more goals

3. Honestly I'd imagine him being a chef

4. Nah I don't think I'd do it, seems too risky to me

5. Retire at TDL your player is too old🙂

6. RC seems like he'd like feet pics

Well there have been nice performances from many players, Nesbitt comes to mind, but also really impressive are both Lavelle and Wallob.

Started slow as usual, but have been starting to improve recently so hopefully that trend continues.

Have you seen me? Definitely a Calvin Klein model.

Stand pat is my suggestion. The roster has really begun to find form lately.

That depends entirely on the legacy you wish to create. Is ushering in a new stud player more important than that TPE total?

Hopefully nobody. You bunch of sickos.