Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 12/3/2023 at 6:50 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 12/10

1. How is your NHL team doing if you follow one? My Kings are looking good.
2. Who do you think we will be  looking at in the next draft?
3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you  are doing, as a player and an earner?
4. I am kind of looking forward to the off season, do you have any plans during our off time?
5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to recieve an award?
6. If you could only listen to one band for a month, who would it be? 

1. Dead last, worse than the Sharks. Not good.

2. Not sure, maybe a nice center?

3. Player: not bad, solid season. Earner: wellllllll..........

4. No plans, just taking it day by day.

5. The Spartan Award shall be dedicated to the worst GM of the season :P

6. Metallica or Volbeat 100%. I basically already do this.

Looking okay, but since it's the Leafs and this has been the case the past 7-8 years it really only matters how they perform in the playoffs.
2. Who do you think we will be looking at in the next draft?

Could be anyone really. We could use strengthening in all areas so whoever comes in will have a job to do.
3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you are doing, as a player and an earner?

I think expectations were pretty low and I managed to achieve that. It was always going to be a hard time this season. As an earner I've definitely improved however there is such competition on this team that I'm not sure if it'll be enough. Time will tell.
4. I am kind of looking forward to the off season, do you have any plans during our off time?

Maximize the TPE earnings!
5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to receive an award?

We didn't finish last so no. But in all honesty, the mark of a good GM is partially knowing when to tank and how to tank and Moscow seems to have an abundance of assets right now and is well positioned to add much more. He'll receive an award once this team starts winning, I have no doubts.

I'd be lying if I said anyone else other than Coldplay. 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, Steve said:

3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you  are doing, as a player and an earner?
5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to recieve an award?

1. Well the Red Wings have Patrick Kane now...so that's weird as hell
2. I don't know I haven't paid any attention to the M or its players lol
3. Well, I had a great season for how average my player is. 55 points is great for my d man

4. Holiday season baby! Christmas decorations are going up this weekend (I'm late but was on vacation all of Thanksgiving)

5. yes, hes the best loser

6. $ucideboy$ 

On 12/3/2023 at 8:50 AM, Steve said:

1) Was born in Toronto so my team is the Leafs. I guess they are doing ok but they have some glaring holes still so I'll inevitably be let down come the playoffs.

2) Not sure, I don't follow the M unfortunately
3) My player did ok I guess this season. I would have liked to see him get some time with our top player but it was not to be this season. As for earning, I am doing bare minimum and that sucks I know but I absolutely hate writing.

4) Not really

5) His award will be a good draft pick, that is award enough!

6) Probably Nine Inch Nails. I'm old.

Presser for the week ending 12/17

1. Who do you believe should be our team MVP this season?
2. What team do you remember beating this season?
3. If you celabrate Christmas, what's the top thing you would want?
4. With the playoffs coming up, do you see any upsets going to happen?
5. Do you like Gladiator movies?
6. Do you have a big feast for Christmas dinner?

On 12/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, Steve said:

1) Has to be Left Alone. Had a fantastic season.

2) I don't remember much on our teams and for some reason I can't seem to pull up the schedule.

3) I'd love a trip to Costa Rica but a baby means I'm stuck at home and will have to settle for a treadmill instead

4) No, I admittedly don't follow the league as much as I should. I'm a bad VHLer :(
5) Yes, are there some new ones coming out or something? My mom used to watch all the old ones and that got me on to these kinds of movies.
6) We used to but since I moved out to a different province we just have small dinners now since the whole family is so far away.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:04 AM, Steve said:

1. I think Left Alone will be a popular team choice but Sam Tombstone definitely deserves a lot of appreciation. He had a very tough season in net and never complained the whole way. Really respect the veteran presence he had.

2. I think we had a couple upsets over Malmo and Helsinki, those were amusing especially with how poorly we were playing early in the season.

3. A sofa for my new apartment!

4. I think any of the lower seeded EU teams could pull off an upset just with how volatile the conference is.

5. Not really actually. Never watched any of them. Cool concept though!

6. Not at all, only traditional holiday meals are for Thanksgiving. Christmas is usually just more home food but with other family members visiting.

1. Who do you believe should be our team MVP this season? Whoever is in charge of cleaning our pants
2. What team do you remember beating this season?  Warsaw, proper bottom of the standings mayhem
3. If you celabrate Christmas, what's the top thing you would want?  World peace ( a guaranteed nice guy answer anytime few others say their honest answers first)
4. With the playoffs coming up, do you see any upsets going to happen? I have not been following, but I hope one of the Euro teams win it all!
5. Do you like Gladiator movies?  Not really, lately I have been watching some Western films, they I do enjoy, some similar elements to them, maybe.
6. Do you have a big feast for Christmas dinner? Traditional Finnish Christmas meal; ham, potates, potato salad, some sauce.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:04 AM, Steve said:

1. I think our MVP is you Steve ❤️ 
2. None, because we didn't beat many lol.

3. I don't really know. I'm notoriously difficult to buy for since I just buy the things I want/need myself

4. The euro division is always a cluster fuck during the playoffs so probably most of them happen there

5. Hmm, not especially. I can't say I've made an effort to watch any

6. I actually have no idea what Christmas dinner is looking like this year. My mom will do Eve, and my gf's parents will do day. 

Presser for the week of 12/24

1. What do you think about the playoffs. Doesn't look like the regular season is any indicator.
2. Who do you think will be in the finals? 
3. What do you see that needs to be changed on our team?
4. We have some really good players that should develope into a contender. How soon will that be?
5. Did you buy  yourself a xmas present yet? I bought a kitchen drain.
6. Out of all the previews of upcoming video games, does GTA 6 standout to you?

We are all the MVP for the perseverance we showed in this development season.

I was more excited for the losses tbh. 
3. If you celebrate Christmas, what's the top thing you would want?

As lame as it sounds, a dashcam.

I haven't been paying enough attention to the playoffs to know any better.

Never actually seen them. Should probably add them to the list.

My family really does. My father is British and an incredible cook so he prepares quite the feast. Going to be extra special this year.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:33 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week of 12/24

1. What do you think about the playoffs. Doesn't look like the regular season is any indicator.
2. Who do you think will be in the finals? 
3. What do you see that needs to be changed on our team?
4. We have some really good players that should develope into a contender. How soon will that be?
5. Did you buy  yourself a xmas present yet? I bought a kitchen drain.
6. Out of all the previews of upcoming video games, does GTA 6 standout to you?

1. I believe in Moon to win it all
2. Well, I'm a little late on this one, but I didn't expect either team tbh
3. It sucks but we all just have to earn. We're a pretty low TPE team so once everyone can add a few hundred more we'll be rolling
4. I wish it would be this upcoming season, but realistically it'll be S93
5. A drain is a pretty hype present, i just spend money on others. Although since my birthday and christmas are about a week apart I'll get myself a 2 hour massage as a treat
6. Yeah I'm pretty excited. I've been grinding GTA Online recently so I'm excited to see where that'll go in 6

1. What do you think about the playoffs. Doesn't look like the regular season is any indicator.  Outside of the finals, not that many tight series, which is surprising for playoffs.
2. Who do you think will be in the finals?  Helsinki will come from behind and take it!
3. What do you see that needs to be changed on our team? The players need more money, that is the first thing that needs to be changed. Or well I need more money, so we can start with that.
4. We have some really good players that should develope into a contender. How soon will that be? In few seasons we will win the cup.
5. Did you buy  yourself a xmas present yet? I bought a kitchen drain. I bought meatballs and mashed potatoes for lunch last Saturday, felt like an early Christmas gift.
6. Out of all the previews of upcoming video games, does GTA 6 standout to you? Could be fun, I have not really followed the news, but I hope the online wont be the main focus point.

Presser for the week ending 12/31

1. Have any expectations about  your Christmas gifts? Want something special?
2. The team is shaping up really well, what are your thoughts on the team?
3. Spartan is going to be our goalie. Does that motivate you in any way? 
4. What's the best part about the VHL you like the most?
5. What's the worst thing about the VHL?
6. Do you have your own family get together or does your whole family have a feast for the holidays. 

3 hours ago, Steve said:

6. Do you have your own family get together or does your whole family have a feast for the holidays. 

1. I don't really have any expectations, although any gifts to help with my new apartment are always welcome. I got some small appliances for my birthday which was very nice.

2. Pretty much as you said, shaping up really well. I think competition for roster spots is good - it'll motivate everyone to be their best knowing that their spot is never safe.

3. I dunno if it's extra motivation for folks. I'm sure if we lose a game, it'll be extra all my fault. So that won't be fun for me.

4. I'd say probably the community we have in Moscow. It's really cool to have alumni and guests with no ties to the organization be active in the LR. I know other teams try to emulate that with mixed results. So I'm grateful for the folks that chat in our server.

5. Probably gen chat and complaining without solutions or willingness to help. Gen chat is a cesspool and people keep complaining that there's no activity. I've long advocated for people to stop putting their time towards gen chat and more towards their team LRs where there's less negativity and whining. People also love to complain but aren't always willing to back up complaining with their time or effort to fix a problem. All it does it cause more annoyance to those actually putting in their time to help.

6. I'm actually driving to my annual family friend Christmas get together now. It's nice that we have a yearly event for this with a set host. Gives all of us who grew up together a great reason to all coordinate being in town at the same time.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Hey Moscow.  Crashing your PC

1. The older I get I appreciate gifts like wool socks.  So wool socks...or an Xbox series X. 

2. Your team has amazing prospects and a winning tradition. 

3. Spartan is a legend and always has great players.  It would be pretty motivating to know he is in net

4. I like building a player up and watching him become better and better.  Payne was my first gen and I enjoyed the process of getting him better each week with a little effort.  Hoping NInefingers can do the same or better. 

5. The off season----  and lack of fights in games

6.  I have zero family nearby and my wife's fam in California so its just my wife and I, five year old daughter, and two giant dogs. 

Happy Holidays!  

1. Have any expectations about  your Christmas gifts? Want something special? I wanted a life-sized painting of myself, but nobody was willing to paint me in the position and outfit I wanted to be in.
2. The team is shaping up really well, what are your thoughts on the team? Things are looking good, Moscow moving forward is a nice thing to see.
3. Spartan is going to be our goalie. Does that motivate you in any way? I want to train as little as possible, so he has to make as many save as possible, that way he will grow to be elite goalie faster.
4. What's the best part about the VHL you like the most? Seeing your player grow into a nice player is always fun.
5. What's the worst thing about the VHL? The depreciation perhaps, not so much fun to lose so much TPE at once.
6. Do you have your own family get together or does your whole family have a feast for the holidays.   We had a family Christmas dinner, it was lovely times!

On 12/24/2023 at 6:49 AM, Steve said:

1. im a grinch i asked for nothing but family still got me stuff anyway, damn loved ones

2. i am just transitioning into the E from the M so i dont know how our VHL team is doing but the M and E team i was on and moving to just won their leagues so apparently they are pretty good.

3. spartan could be doing anything and motivate me, its their presence not what they do.

4. its easy to min earn and follow while doing ok, i dont always have much time put into it

5. might just be a me thing coming from SHL but i find it confusing to navigate

6. every part of my family has their own get together

On 12/24/2023 at 6:49 AM, Steve said:

On 12/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Steve said:

1) I never have any expectations for my Christmas gifts. I generally buy what I want through the year so I usually get useful things like socks and stuff like that.

2) The team should look pretty good coming up. Was a little disappointed I didn't get to play with Left Alone this season but meh it happens.

3) Nope, it's kind of cool!

4) I love the web interface for the league. And I also love that there is a welfare option so when I am busy and hate to write I can use that. It doesn't maximize my player but this is life I suppose.

5) That the biggest point task requires so many damn words

6) I usually visit some family, this year went to visit my dad and his wife and had a big dinner

I never have any expectations for Xmas or Birthdays. That way I never get disappointed with the crappy stuff I do receive. 

I think things are on track for a nice season coming up and a strong contender into the future.

He is? Seriously? I take back what I said in the previous response.

The VHL's strict code on anything remotely fun, such as boobs.

The VHL's strict code on anything remotely fun, such as boobs.

Family is scattered all over the place, so usually it's a do whatever the hell you want kind of thing, with some phone calls later when drunk.

1. Have any expectations about your Christmas gifts? Want something special?

No expectations ever, I just like when there's a little thought into the gifts. Doesn't have to be expensive.

Already some big changes this off-season so looking forward to seeing what's next.

Gives me confidence that we'll have a stud for years to come. Don't need to update defence now ;)

The community.

The community.

We do a family get together but most of the family are overseas so it's really just immediate family.

Presser for the week ending 1/7/24

1. The team has been shaping up due to most of the team has been earning. What are you thoughts going into the season? Playoffs? Too soon?
2. Do you have any regrets about what position you created? I have had 2 dmen and 2 centers. I really like dmen, thoughts?
3. With the new year comes a new beginning. Do you have any plans on changing the way you do something? Job, car, new bf/gf? 
4. What is my favorite 6 point task?
5. What task do you like the most?
6. Do you have any "New Years" resolutions? I aim to meet and get to know more of the team. 

Happy New Year and always stay safe