Moscow Menace Press Conference

I definitely did not forget to do this sooner

1. We've started picking up a few more wins, what do you attribute this success to?

2. Joseph Reed, @BrutalBoost, is 6-2-0 on the season. How important is it to have a solid backup goalie in this league?

3. How did you participate in theme week last week? Would you have preferred a different theme?

4. What's a movie you've seen recently and would recommend? If you haven't seen any movies, what movie would you want to watch?

5. Did you watch the Stanley Cup playoffs? How did you feel about the Panthers winning their first ever championship?

6. Do you think your favorite NHL team has a chance to win the Stanley Cup next season? What's your most biased opinion about your team and their chances?

18 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. We've started picking up a few more wins, what do you attribute this success to?

2. Joseph Reed, @BrutalBoost, is 6-2-0 on the season. How important is it to have a solid backup goalie in this league?

3. How did you participate in theme week last week? Would you have preferred a different theme?

4. What's a movie you've seen recently and would recommend? If you haven't seen any movies, what movie would you want to watch?

5. Did you watch the Stanley Cup playoffs? How did you feel about the Panthers winning their first ever championship?

6. Do you think your favorite NHL team has a chance to win the Stanley Cup next season? What's your most biased opinion about your team and their chances?

1. Regression to the mean, we've had really poor puck luck that couldn't continue forever.

2. In a conference as competitive as ours, it's very important. The extra wins could mean the difference between making and missing the playoffs.

3. I ranked the VHLM teams in terms of places to play. I'm okay with it as a theme since the league doesn't get too much love.

4. Late Night with the Devil. Love the way it was filmed and would recommend. Not a classic or anything but worth a watch.

5. Was pretty neat. I was just glad the series became competitive again after the NBA finals was a blowout and it looked like the NHL finals was going to be as well.

6. No, sadly, what with it being the Leafs. I think this upcoming year is a transition year and we'll be better suited to win in 2026-2027. 

1)      I attribute our success to better teamwork.

2)      I feel its very good idea, cause if your main goalie gets lit up and they get pulled a strong backup can still keep you in it

3)      I did not participate last week in theme week.

4)      Last movie I saw was Dune 2, it was excellent movie and I would recommend it but if you do watch it watch Dune 1 first.

5)      I did not watch the Stanley Cup playoffs. I am happy they won it for first time ever.

6)      I feel the Bruins do have a shot but they need to keep the good mojo going once they hit playoffs.

On 6/25/2024 at 3:13 PM, Spartan said:

1. Moving players around seems to make us sim better for a handful of sims and then we go back to losing for no reason. 

2. We most likely would have 6 fewer wins, so it's important.

3. It was fine, I made a graphic.

4. The Beekeeper. Great movie for family night.

5. Yes, and love that the Panthers won.

6. My new favorite team hasn't played a game yet but I hope they are inspired. GO UTAH!!

New week presser!

1. Playoffs are right around the corner! It seems like our wild card opponent will be either Riga or Warsaw. Which team would you rather face and why?

2. Across both the NA and EU, who do you think is the favorite to win it all?

3. Which playoff team do you think could be the dark horse in the playoffs and why?

4. Moscow currently has 8 players at 67 points or higher in 69 games played. Do you think all 8 can finish at or above PPG? What needs to happen in these last few games?

5. With the regular season essentially over, how do you feel about your player's performance this season? What went well, what do you hope to improve upon?

6a. Have you been paying attention to NHL free agency? What's the wildest move you've seen so far?

6b. If you haven't been paying attention (or just want to answer this one too), what do you hope your favorite team does in this off-season period?

Posted (edited)

We have started to get into fights more and we have also given the other teams some looks on the powerplay by taking minor penalties, this type of thinking has translated well into not feeling bad about scoring goals. It is ok to score and win if you also give the other team "little something".

I think having winning backup G is a huge thing! Every game is a big game in the modern VHL.

I created an article of some sorts. I would like to say it was mostly fiction, but my sources telll me I was right on the money with the whole article.

I want to watch a Gladiator movie of some sorts, I want to be entertained.

I didn't watch, but quite few Finnish players and a Finnish coach won the cup with Panthers, so that was cool!

6. Do you think your favorite NHL team has a chance to win the Stanley Cup next season? What's your most biasedopinion about your team and their chances?

I don't have a fav, but I think Panthers can win it again!

Edited by jRuutu

On 7/1/2024 at 9:33 AM, Spartan said:

New week presser!

1. Playoffs are right around the corner! It seems like our wild card opponent will be either Riga or Warsaw. Which team would you rather face and why?

3. Which playoff team do you think could be the dark horse in the playoffs and why?

4. Moscow currently has 8 players at 67 points or higher in 69 games played. Do you think all 8 can finish at or above PPG? What needs to happen in these last few games?

5. With the regular season essentially over, how do you feel about your player's performance this season? What went well, what do you hope to improve upon?

6a. Have you been paying attention to NHL free agency? What's the wildest move you've seen so far?

6b. If you haven't been paying attention (or just want to answer this one too), what do you hope your favorite team does in this off-season period?

1. I'll say Warsaw because of the lower goal differential. They might be playing some more sloppy hockey.

2. I'll say my team Seattle, we are the defending cup champs after all!

3. I'll say the Americans because they're on a winning streak right now, hot going into the playoffs is a good thing.

4. It would be fun but it's unlikely. They'd all need a balance of ice time against some of the easier line ups and just play weel in general.

5. It's a season late but he took the jump up in production that I was hoping for last season. 30 goals for next season is what I would want for sure. (could still do it this season but would need 2 goals in the last game)

6. Toffoli signing with the Sharks seem really weird to me but hey, I'm happy about it.

1)      I rather face Warsaw as they do not have a high powered offensive compared to Riga.

2)      I think Toronto has a good shot, they got a killer offense and defense.

3)      I feel we could be, we are higher power offense, with a weaker defense but if our defense comes to play we can offset that in playoffs.

4)      I do not think so sadly. Too many players near 72 to make it so they all will get there.

5)      I did better then I thought I would, still need to work on player but I hope to help team more next season.

6)      A) I do not follow NHL that much so I do not know how wild its been. B) Hoping bruins can keep the mojo going for next season.

On 7/1/2024 at 10:33 AM, Spartan said:

New week presser!

1. Warsaw, because they have been beating us like a rented mule during the season. I bet we take them out 3-1 in the series.

2. Seattle is a team that seems to do well but, I would hope a team from the EU wins.

3. Moscow of course. We have the talent, and we could go all the way.

4. I see no reason why they can't.

5. Gunner did well. He has gotten slightly better every season.

6b. If we bring in a player, I hope it's a good fit and the team functions like a Swiss watch.

Answering late, but it doesn't matter - we in it to win it! I

Moscow

Tough to say, when I look at the other teams still in the race - all I see is little horsies. Only one real team and that is Moscow.

Remove the goalie and play with 6 players from the start. Sure, you will give in few goals, but the man advantage has to translate into goals scored as well.

30 goals again, I  was hoping 35, maybe even close to cool 40.  I won nice chunk of faceoffs, so that was nice! Overall fair season I would say.

A little bit, Stamkos to Nashville perhaps

New week PC we goooooo

1. Moscow beat Warsaw in 4 games in the wild card round. Was this the expected result for you?

2. We face London next in the second round, who have just as strong goaltending as Warsaw did. How do you keep the momentum rolling into this series?

3. Totally theoretical, but if we had injuries on and you could make your player "accidentally" injure someone on London, who would it be and why?

4. Who do you think will be the "X-Factor" for our series with London? As in whose contributions might be most impactful to decide the series in our favor?

5. Now that it's mid-July, how are you enjoying your summer? Too hot? Just right? Any cool stories to share?

6. Would you rather win the cup this season and be banned from the VHL forever, or make the cup finals each of the next 5 seasons, lose them all, but win regular season MVP in each season?

On 7/8/2024 at 12:17 PM, Spartan said:

New week PC we goooooo

1. Moscow beat Warsaw in 4 games in the wild card round. Was this the expected result for you?

2. We face London next in the second round, who have just as strong goaltending as Warsaw did. How do you keep the momentum rolling into this series?

3. Totally theoretical, but if we had injuries on and you could make your player "accidentally" injure someone on London, who would it be and why?

4. Who do you think will be the "X-Factor" for our series with London? As in whose contributions might be most impactful to decide the series in our favor?

5. Now that it's mid-July, how are you enjoying your summer? Too hot? Just right? Any cool stories to share?

6. Would you rather win the cup this season and be banned from the VHL forever, or make the cup finals each of the next 5 seasons, lose them all, but win regular season MVP in each season?

1. Yes, it was.

2. We will sweep them.

3. Their goalie, he looked at me funny.

4. Who knows, the team has been playing well, so could be anyone.

5. It's been about normal, too hot.

5. I would like to win multiple cups and a few player awards, so I don't know the answer to this one.

Of course, full confidence in the boys.

We did, I couldn't even reply in time before they swept us.

Merome Dilson, hell of a lot easier to score against a backup.

The whole team contributed at a level that wasn't able to be matched. 

Benn golfing a lot, my handicap is as low as it's ever been. Weather has been a tad on the hot side. 

The latter and it's an easy choice, don't want to be banned from this lovely place.

On 7/8/2024 at 11:17 AM, Spartan said:

New week PC we goooooo

1. No, because you guys are awesome!!

2. I'd say just do what you did in the wild card round and you'll be just fine.

3. Brad Marchand, because the name is Brad Marchand.

4. I'll say your goalie.

5. Too hot, and no I haven't gone anywhere, just been home and going to work.

6. Win the cup lol.

Another PC woohoo

1. In the first round of the playoffs, Moscow swept London 4-0. What were your thoughts about this result?

2. After a sweep, how does your player handle the long break until the next series? Extra practice to stay sharp? Maybe some rest and relaxation after a long season?

3. Joel Castle had a phenomenal first round for Toronto, helping Toronto sweep Vancouver with 3 shutouts. How important is having a superstar goalie in the playoffs?

4. Do you think we actually "injured" anyone on London the way that series went? Did we go too far in our press conference?

5. With the VHL's birthday coming up, what do you think the VHL should do to celebrate?

6. Give me a song recommendation, I don't think I've asked for one in a hot minute.

1. In the first round of the playoffs, Moscow swept London 4-0. What were your thoughts about this result?

A superior team is often the favorite and we saw it in this series, 4-0 win for Moscow was business as usual.

2. After a sweep, how does your player handle the long break until the next series? Extra practice to stay sharp? Maybe some rest and relaxation after a long season?

I like to drink heavily for 48 hours and then sweat it all out on the ice.

3. Joel Castle had a phenomenal first round for Toronto, helping Toronto sweep Vancouver with 3 shutouts. How important is having a superstar goalie in the playoffs?

Superstar goalie is a huge asset to have, but far more bigger asset is superstar level luck, especially in the playoffs.

4. Do you think we actually "injured" anyone on London the way that series went? Did we go too far in our press conference?

I doubt it, Moscow is a gentleman team. Any injuries on London players were more than likely caused by elements of nature, for example, the wind.

5. With the VHL's birthday coming up, what do you think the VHL should do to celebrate?

Give everybody a 1000 TPE boost that will expire after next season.

6. Give me a song recommendation, I don't think I've asked for one in a hot minute.

I often put this on the background as I make my wife write down what I say for my media spots

1)      The result is awesome just need to keep momentum going.

2)      I make sure to practice every day to make sure I’m ready for round 2.

3)      I feel having a great goalie is key cause you can only score so many goals.

4)      I think we are very passionate about hockey, and I feel London will be out for blood next season.

5)      VHL should throw a big discord party.

6)      A song I’ve been listening to is Jak Gdyby Nic by Marcin Maciejczak

On 7/15/2024 at 7:59 AM, Spartan said:

Another PC woohoo

1. We were the better team in that series. Amazing effort from our team.

2. I just relax and think about winning the cup.

3. A good player is always nice. Syko is plenty good to win a cup.

4. I never thought about them after we hammered them.

5. I think they should give us 17 tpe.

6. One of my favorite songs is "On the Turning Away", by Pink Floyd

This was the series that showed everyone we meant business.

Practicing every day. Can't let down for a moment.

Very important. Goalies make or break championship runs, as evidenced by Skyo this season.

Lot of bruised egos, that's for sure.

They were generous with a triples week and 5 uncapped TPE. I think that's enough.

Last song I added to my Liked Songs was "Easy Lover" by Philip Bailey and Phil Collins so let's go with that.

On 7/15/2024 at 6:59 AM, Spartan said:

Another PC woohoo

1. I guess it was a sign of things to come!

2. Probably a two or three day to recover from any bumps and bruises and than right back to intense practice.

3. Very very helpful, I view the goaltender as really the only one who can steal a playoffs series.

4. Yea there was probably some injuries lol, and no, not at all.

5. Throw a party of course!! With tons of pop!!

6. The future is now by MARLOE.

1. Moscow won the championship!  Why did so few VHL fans believe in The Menace in their fantasy zone predictions?

2. Our trusted workhorse of a GM was not even nominated for the GM of the year award. Some say the reason was the award being more about regular season performance of the team than about playoffs, but should playoff success count for something also?

3. Any comments/thoughts on the moves made during the off-season? (Quite a few familiar names were moved from Moscow to other teams)

1. Where does the championship win in Moscow rank in your greatest VHL accomplishments?
  2. Moscow had a number of players up for the Kanou trophy who had obviously amazing postseasons. Who do you think was an underrated part of the championship run and why?
  3. How do you feel about the chances of Moscow repeating?

Ok maybe I ask some questions for folks to answer, oops

1. MOSCOW ARE YOUR S94 CUP CHAMPIONS!! How did it feel to win the cup, and in the process, break a long drought for the organization?

2. Wrong answers only: How do you think I celebrated my first Continental Cup win?

3. Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage won the Kanou, for being the playoff MVP. How crucial is it to get strong offense from your defensemen?

4. What will you do with your day with the cup?

5. How do you feel about our chances to run it back next season and repeat as champions?

6. Any words of farewell to some of core players, Axle Gunner @Steve and Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg?

1. MOSCOW ARE YOUR S94 CUP CHAMPIONS!! How did it feel to win the cup, and in the process, break a long drought for the organization?

We were the favorites to win, there was some pressure to win it, so I was glad we managed to do what was expected and bring the cup to Moscow!

2. Wrong answers only: How do you think I celebrated my first Continental Cup win?

You slept with the cup in your bed and forced the old bag to sleep on the couch.

3. Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage won the Kanou, for being the playoff MVP. How crucial is it to get strong offense from your defensemen?

I think it's very valuable as a fast breakout is crucial in starting any attack and the playmaking ability and shooting danger from the point opens so many options on the offensive zone.

I take the cup with me to art class where I pose naked with the cup to group of art students, I will stand directly in front of the cup, but you still some of the cup behind me. I buy the nicest painting and I will then hang the painting to my bedroom wall.

5. How do you feel about our chances to run it back next season and repeat as champions?

I think we have good chance, get some nice chemistry going on during regular season, improve our game, and when the playoffs come we will take it one game at a time!

6. Any words of farewell to some of core players, Axle Gunner and Leif Reingaard ?

Enjoy retirement guys! I am glad we managed to celebrate the cup together before you sailed off to the sunset

On 7/31/2024 at 12:39 PM, Spartan said:

Ok maybe I ask some questions for folks to answer, oops

6. Any words of farewell to some of core players, Axle Gunner @Steve and Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg?

1. While I wasn't apart of the team, I am very happy for you, you guys really deserve it after all those finals in the S80'S

2. By watching TV

3. Very, having them jump in can help break up any deadlocks where the forwards are having a hard time getting something done.

4. Well since I was apart of a cup winning team last season, my player brought it home to Russia, he would have done that again.

5. A little iffy only because it was an underdog run, something Seattle did, it's possible but I wouldn't say it's a super high chance.

6. Again I'm not apart of the team but good work on helping the franchise break a long drought.