Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 4/21/2024 at 8:14 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 4/28

1. Are we having fun yet? Tight race in the EU.
2. What team have we played that has surprised you the most?
3. It's been a bit dead in the locker room lately, why?
4. How is your player doing compared to your expectations?
5. Do you think we need to shake lines up or just ride it out?
6. Who does Spartan listen to on Spotify?

1. I'm a bit miffed at how poorly Syko is playing and how adding a defense upgrade has us playing worse than before. I had higher expectations than a WC spot.

2. Probably Warsaw, even with Summers I wasn't sure if they'd take much of a step forward compared to last season. On the flip side, Helsinki for seemingly struggling a lot before trading players away. But too little too late for them.

3. It's been rough in the sims so a bit of that definitely carries over. Weather has also been getting nicer so I hope others are also enjoying time away from online activities.

4. Said it before, Syko is shite.

5. We have line tweaks coming in today, we'll see what worked best across the season for playoffs.

6. Definitely not the new Taylor Swift album(s), I've seen some of the lyrics across social media and I don't get how she's considered a good lyricist. Some of the most awful lyrics and cringe topics I've ever seen in songwriting.

1)      I am enjoying watching the menace perform at VHL, I hope I can contribute soon.

2)      Seattle Bears, they have made a good turn around.

3)      It’s been dead because there have not been enough snacks and drinks.

4)      I am beating the expectations of my player; I didn’t think id have this many points.

5)      I feel if we are a lock for playoffs shacking the lines up could be a good test for playoffs.

6)      I have no idea what spartan listens to on Spotify.

Would be more fun if the loser of the race would miss the playoffs, now it is good teams competing who is more good. In the end we will play against one of the good teams in the playoffs.

LA - only 5 wins so far in the season,  you need to try to be that bad.

No shoe policy has pushed players to hang out at the cafeteria

Above expectations I would say, I was hoping few more goals, but overall solid so far!

I think we need to all put our names into a hat, and let the GM pick one name from the hat. Who is chosen will have their whole body covered in honey and feathers. The hope is that the show will please Simon T, which in return shows as favorable sim luck.

The sound of old janitor trying to figure out which key is the right one to various doors. A lot of key chain sounds and key motion inside the locks mixed together on a loop.

Presser for the week ending Cinco de Mayo

1. Did you ever think we would be in a wild card series after having been at the top of the conference?
2. Many players have had career best seasons. Are you happy with your player's season?
3. What are your plans for developing your player? Is there a skill or two you are working on?
4. Our goalie seems to be playing very well for the most part. Can a 2nd year goalie take us to the cup finals?
5. Were you under the impression that this season was the one we were going to make our big push?
6. What team should we be worried about assuming we finish off Warsaw?

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending Cinco de Mayo

1. Did you ever think we would be in a wild card series after having been at the top of the conference?
2. Many players have had career best seasons. Are you happy with your player's season?
3. What are your plans for developing your player? Is there a skill or two you are working on?
4. Our goalie seems to be playing very well for the most part. Can a 2nd year goalie take us to the cup finals?
5. Were you under the impression that this season was the one we were going to make our big push?

1) I didn't think we'd drop down to a wildcard but anything can happen I'm sure. Who knows, maybe next season we'll be back near the top.

2) Yeah I think my guy did ok. Set some career highs so I'm happy anytime there is improvement.

3) Right now I'm working on DC then maybe my shots, not sure yet

4) I believe in our goalie!

5) I did yes, but while we may not have finished where we thought we would we could always make a deep playoff run

6) I don't worry too much about it, no matter who comes up will be a challenge and we need to beat the best to win it all anyway

Yeah its exciting when a conference is tight like this.

I think it was a little surprising that we swept Warsaw in the wildcard round.

Probably a timing thing, college students are entering their finals weeks, and its warming up so people are probably spending less time at the computer.

I am slightly disappointed in my regular season performance,  and I'm doing about as expected so far in the playoffs.

We did end up making some changes towards the end of the season and it worked out for us so far.

My guess is something like this.   

Honestly no, it was a bit of a rough stretch there but we seem to have come out a better team.

Yes, absolutely. I know Rashford will never be an elite player but as long as he's contributing meaningfully on a winning team that's all I can ask for.

That's a secret!

I feel like this question has been asked a few times, but yes, yes he can and will.

I think so, especially after last year. We already seemed so close and Spartan made some big moves.

Nobody. We play our best and we'll win.

1)      Anything can happen, the team just needs to go out there and try their best.

2)      I am very happy with how my player played in VHLE I am excited to help Moscow next season.

3)      My plan is skating defense and puck handling plus sprinkle in some scoring.

4)      I feel they can do it, but time will tell.

5)      Every season you have a chance to make the big push, it’s just about finishing it off.

6)      I feel the team we will have to worry about is DC Dragons, they are playing hot.