Players Awards Night for the Mississauga Hounds [2/2]

Berocka

Hello and welcome ladies and gentlemen to the first Players Awards Night for the Mississauga Hounds. These are the awards to the players voted by the players, I will be your host Peter Wilkinson, now without further delay lets get down to business.

Our first award is the Dream Line award here we will pick the top player of each position to make the best line on the ice. This is if everyone started at the same skill level and does not take current skill into consideration.

Firstly the Goalie of the Year is......

@Rayzor_7 RAYZ FUNK! 

Rayz started all 77 games the Hounds played this year and was a key part to the teams success, he was only pulled from the ice once and his replacement The Hound never saw a single start. This award was one of the easiest to give out but it doesn't make him any less deserving. Please everyone give it up for your Goalie FUNK!

Next we will look at the Defenceman of the Year

Our first winner was voted by all his teammates as one of the best defencemen and who could blame them. You all know him its....

@HulkHogan HULK HOGAN!

As our highest scoring defenceman and most assists on the team it is of no surprise that Hulk has earned his spot up here tonight. He was not only great in the offensive zone but a staple in the defensive zone also with GM Jerry Garcia keeping him out on the ice as long as he could every shift. The Hounds worked Hulk Hogan as much as they could and he never faltered. Please give it up for HULK HOGAN!

our defender joining Hogan was a late addition to the team but that didn't stop him achieving great things on the ice. Your second defencemen of the year is...

@Cran DANNY DEYEETO!

Do not let his small stature or his age fool you. DeYeeto is an absolute devil on the ice, if you have the puck near him watch out because you are going to get hit and stay hit. His presence really lifted the Hounds after being signed as a free agent mid way through the year. The only people he let down were the opposition and that was certainly not gently. Please every a round of applause for your second D-Man DANNY DEYEETO!!!

Now we can get onto the interesting people of the team the forwards first we will have a look at the Centre of the Year.

This was a close decision between two amazing centres that GM Garcia struggled to pick on who should be the top line centre. But your winner for this year is...

@No_Dangles DAN GLES!

Dan Gles was on the infamous 2nd line for the Hounds this year which was one of if not the strongest second line in the whole of the VHLM. He produced fantastic numbers with 96 points in the regular season and with 5 points in the post season, including a short handed goal. This man might seem quiet put he lets the scoreboard do the talking for him. Give it up for your centre of the year DAN GLES!

For the Right Winger of the year I am sure that this man needs no introduction you all love him it's...

@GlowyGoat  CALLUM MACELROY!!!

Topping the points table for the whole year in the VHLM with 107 points in the regular season MacElroy had an absolute blinder of a season. He was also apart of the infamous second line for the Hounds and he was the main man out there.

Wait a minute where is MacElroy has anyone seen him he hasn't come up to collect his award. Please can someone go find him.

Sorry about that where was I.. oh right. The lead goal scorer in the whole of the VHLM no wonder why he is the Right Winger of the year for the Mississauga Hounds. Please everyone give it up for CALLUM MACELROY!

Last but certainly not least we have the Left Winger of the Year. This man is famous all through Mississauga for his great play on the ice, he is no other than...

@cody73 CODY SMITH!

This amazing skater was leading the goal scoring in the whole league for the first part of the season and put up heaps of big games. Including a hat-trick in game five of the quarter finals in the playoffs. This man lead from the front wearing the C on his jersey, being an incredible face for the franchise. It is no wonder that he was the players choice of best left winger in the Hounds. Rumours have it that he might become a Defenceman in the future so this could have been his final season up front. He definitely made it one he will never forget. Everyone lets hear it for Cody Smith!

So here we have our line of the year can we give it up one last time for these incredible players!

Now we move on to our individual awards

The first award is our Players Player this is the MVP as voted by the players, the one they want on the ice with them but is also a great team mate.

The winner for this award is...

@cody73 CODY SMITH!

The captain of the team showed his leadership on and off the ice. Leading the team in scoring at the beginning of the season and leading the team in advice and assistance throughout the whole season. He is a player that you would want in any locker room and you can see him going far with his career. Best of Luck in the future Cody it was a pleasure to have you on the Hounds and leading from the front. Let me hear you scream for your captain Cody Smith!

Our next award is the player most likely to end up in the Hall of Fame

and to no ones surprise the winner is...

@HulkHogan HULK HOGAN!

This man is bigger than life and everyone knows him, it is no wonder that he was voted most likely to get up into the Hall of Fame. It's not just his skill on the ice but his huge personality. Plus have you seen the size of him I would hate to be the one that tells him that he isn't going in the Hall of Fame. So whether it is by skill, personality or intimidation Hulk Hogan will end up in the Hall of Fame, congratulations BROTHER!

Give it up again for Hulk Hogan!

Up next we have the award for best leadership, this is the player who you could imagine becoming a great GM in the future.

The winner is... our first choice for captain

@Rayzor_7 RAYZ FUNK!

Rayz Funk was elected captain by the Hounds at the beginning of the season but due to the rules was not allowed to wear the C on his jersey. To combat that Funk had a C painted on to his mask as he new who the real captain was. Funk is an absolute great leader and this can be confirmed as he was chosen to be the GM of the Minnesota Storm. We all wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours. Give it up for your goalie Rayz Funk.

Now that brings an end to today's ceremony of players awards, but wait we do have 3 special awards picked by a person who didn't watch a single Hounds game and knows nothing about any of the players. For some reason the management thought that these awards should be accepted also, so lets continue with this party.

First up we have an award for... Best fashion sense.

This award goes to...

@VisualDarkness ANDREAS SUNDELL!

Well I don't really have much information for these awards so come on out Sundell and collect your award. Wow he is wearing a pink and yellow striped suit that is... well that is out there. I guess he deserves this award.

The next award is for... Most clumsy player

This award goes to...

@DoktorFunk SCOTT GREENE!

Congratulations Greene, I don't know why you have been selected for this award but come up and collect it... just be careful on the stairs. Look everyone he made it all the way up without tripping, I don't know why this was given to you. Everyone give it up for Scott.... oh no he fell down the stairs, do we have any real Doctors in the building?

Anyway lets just move right along to our final award for the night.

The teams biggest sook, this is the player that whines about any injury they receive and complain to the refs the most and the winner is...

....WHAT REALLY??? The award went to @HulkHogan HULK HOGAN???

Well, I think that about wraps it up for tonight I am scared of what Hogan will do to me so good night all and see you next year.

Please Hulk no, I didn't have anything to do with the award I just hand them out... Oh No!!!

[1517 Words] Will claim for this week and the following two

Review: Nice, another media piece about Mississauga. It's good to see you young guys enjoying your time in the minors. It goes hand in hand when doing team awards as it's hard to really have competition. Hulk Hogan seems like he is ready to take on the VHL and tear them apart brother.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Players Awards Night for the Mississauga Hounds [1/2]

Review: nice extensive piece about team awards, it's always nice to see multiple members of a team picking up awards, shows that there was a nice team spirit there. As a suggestion, especially for longer articles, try also to add some pictures in between, that really improves the general view of a media spot. Keep up the good work!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Players Awards Night for the Mississauga Hounds [2/2]