Toronto Announces Executive Addition

Devise

The Toronto Legion released a press statement confirming an addition to their Management and Operations team. The press statement, reads as follows;

The Toronto Legion are happy to announce that we have added a new member to our Operations and Management staff. Effectively Rylan Peace @Peace will serve as the Executive Associate Manager of the Toronto Legion. It is our intent and hope to build upon our existing relationship with Rylan as he prepares to take over the General Manager role of the team by Season 70. Peace is an experienced VHLM GM, currently serving for the Saskatoon Wild and we were extremely happy to be able to engage his services for a smooth GM transition in a few seasons time. 

The press release would indicate that current Toronto GM Ryan Power is likely to step down by Season 70. Rylan Peace was a notable candidate among others, in the recent VHL GM Expansion hunt, we were told that after expressing interest in a GM role, Peace was contacted by Toronto management to arrange a contract. While it is still a few seasons away, it will be interesting to see the state of the Toronto Legion franchise when Rylan Peace is slated to take over. 

Edited by Devise

17 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Congrats to @Peace! I'm happy for you, and I hope the team is in a good spot come your rise to power (pun intended).

But yeah, rules are what they are, so inb4 Bana shuts this ride down.

Shuts down a ride? Is there something I'm missing?

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Shuts down a ride? Is there something I'm missing?

Basically, we've got a rule in place that states that you can't hold an official management position in both leagues. I don't know how well-known it is outside of VHLM management, but it's what stopped Dil from becoming a VHLM GM and it's what stopped Blade from officially becoming AGM of Calgary. I'd assume the same applies here.

Still, though, sad to see you step down, and very excited to see what Peace can do with the franchise!

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

Basically, we've got a rule in place that states that you can't hold an official management position in both leagues. I don't know how well-known it is outside of VHLM management, but it's what stopped Dil from becoming a VHLM GM and it's what stopped Blade from officially becoming AGM of Calgary. I'd assume the same applies here.

Still, though, sad to see you step down, and very excited to see what Peace can do with the franchise!

Also nyko and Riga AGM. It's well documented.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

I mean, I'm not stepping down till Season 70 lol. Don't see how me announcing him as my successor then means he can't GM in VHLM now.

It's not that at all, it's just the whole AGM thing--he can't officially hold the position of Toronto's AGM. I'm unfamiliar with the whole process of hiring a successor, but I wouldn't think this would get in the way of that.

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

It's not that at all, it's just the whole AGM thing--he can't officially hold the position of Toronto's AGM. I'm unfamiliar with the whole process of hiring a successor, but I wouldn't think this would get in the way of that.

AGM is a made up role that means nothing. At least in VHL. I literally just came up with a word/title to announce that he's next in line. I still will maintain and run all Legion operations until then. I really don't see a reason why Peace can't continue his role in VHLM considering all these factors. 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

AGM is a made up role that means nothing. At least in VHL. I literally just came up with a word/title to announce that he's next in line. I still will maintain and run all Legion operations until then. I really don't see a reason why Peace can't continue his role in VHLM considering all these factors. 

Right--there's absolutely nothing wrong with announcing Peace as a successor, and if that's all this is, there's nothing wrong with that either. So long as he's not being announced as your AGM, and simply as your successor, he can absolutely continue to GM in Saskatoon with no issues.

All I'm saying is that it would go against the rule in place if you were to officially hire Peace as AGM...I agree that AGM means nothing, and I understand what you're saying here completely. It just might be confusing to include the phrase "Assistant Manager" here, because it may cause some (myself included) to get the wrong idea.

I can be a pretend VHL AGM for you, Devise, but I can't officially take the role of Toronto's AGM without stepping down from my position with Saskatoon. @Devise

It's not that I wouldn't, but I can't have a management job in the VHLM and the VHL officially according to the policies that govern me as a GM for a VHLM team. I'd still like to take over Toronto when the time is right, but I'd also like to serve as Saskatoon's general manager until the time does come where I can step up into the VHL. I appreciate you having enough faith in my to announce it publicly though, means more than you can imagine lately. 

Edited by Peace

1 minute ago, Peace said:

I can be a pretend VHL AGM for you, Devise, but I can't officially take the role of Toronto's AGM without stepping down from my position with Saskatoon. @Devise

It's not that I wouldn't, but I can't have a management job in the VHLM and the VHL officially according to the policies that govern me as an AGM. I'd still like to take over Toronto when the time is right, but I'd also like to serve as Saskatoon's general manager until the time does come where I can step up into the VHL. I appreciate you having enough faith in my to announce it publicly though, means more than you can imagine lately. 

Haha yeah that was all this is, nothing more formal than that. Kinda a league announcement to say that you are set next in line. No worries this isn't any official declaration that you are an Assistant GM. I forgot how seriously you VHLM folks take AGM stuff lol. 

• Commissioner
39 minutes ago, Esso2264 said:

still wondering if Toronto gonna have picks at some points

If history tells us anything they’ll pick up a few when @Devise steps down and eventually get back to normal. If Devise is good at one thing it’s proving that FA & Trades > Draft.