Phil Gerrard/ Vasteras Iron Eagles (History Theme Week graphic) [1/2]

Jbeezy76

On 10/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

YATrNHz.jpg

This is a rough one JBeezy, not going to lie.

First, it's unnecessarily sized. The only HD looking thing in the graphic is the eagle in the background. The player image is very very very low quality, is cropped sloppily, seems to be holding a broken stick, and is about to have his head bit off by that giant fuck off bald eagle. The white and blue jersey clashes pretty badly with the green of the rest of the sig.

What is PS Express in the bottom-right corner? I'm guessing it's a watermark put onto the 'stock' image of the big bald eagle from the background? When you are graphic designing and stealing resources like pictures you find online, you usually want to try and eliminate things like watermarks or logos, by using a combination of copying/pasting other parts of the image over it, or using the CLONE TOOL to delete it from the image.

I guess you did include some historical stuff about this Phil Gerrard gentleman. @Phil is this you? God, what a career. 

a p p r o v al   g an g     but this is really bad, my guy. No offence. You can take tpe off it if you want, but it just looks amateur and horrible. 

5 hours ago, gorlab said:

This is a rough one JBeezy, not going to lie.

First, it's unnecessarily sized. The only HD looking thing in the graphic is the eagle in the background. The player image is very very very low quality, is cropped sloppily, seems to be holding a broken stick, and is about to have his head bit off by that giant fuck off bald eagle. The white and blue jersey clashes pretty badly with the green of the rest of the sig.

What is PS Express in the bottom-right corner? I'm guessing it's a watermark put onto the 'stock' image of the big bald eagle from the background? When you are graphic designing and stealing resources like pictures you find online, you usually want to try and eliminate things like watermarks or logos, by using a combination of copying/pasting other parts of the image over it, or using the CLONE TOOL to delete it from the image.

I guess you did include some historical stuff about this Phil Gerrard gentleman. @Phil is this you? God, what a career. 

a p p r o v al   g an g     but this is really bad, my guy. No offence. You can take tpe off it if you want, but it just looks amateur and horrible. 

There’s nothing rough about this. The crop is fine & have you ever heard of the “glitch effect” it’s the effect I used to distort the picture like it’s being watched on an old tv with interference or white noise. The watermark is because I used PSExpress to edit the photo. So they always put a watermark there unless you have the premium version of the editor. Lol So try again. Stealing resources? This is exactly what were supposed to do is use pictures from online. Nobody in this league has time to draw or paint a picture. I’m an artist in “ real life “ so I don’t need you to tell me how to use editing software. This picture turned out exactly how I wanted it and took a couple hours. So not sure what you’re looking at. Gtfo ? I will see you on the ice better keep your head up. 

Edited by Jbeezy76

7 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

There’s nothing rough about this. The crop is fine & have you ever heard of the “glitch effect” it’s the effect I used to distort the picture like it’s being watched on an old tv with interference or white noise. The watermark is because I used PSExpress to edit the photo. So they always put a watermark there unless you have the premium version of the editor. Lol So try again. Stealing resources? This is exactly what were supposed to do is use pictures from online. Nobody in this league has time to draw or paint a picture. I’m an artist in “ real life “ so I don’t need you to tell me how to use editing software. This picture turned out exactly how I wanted it and took a couple hours. So not sure what you’re looking at. Gtfo I will see you on the ice better keep your head up. 

Please tell me this is satire

Edited by gorlab

3 hours ago, gorlab said:

Please tell me this is satire

Actually you’re the fucking joke man. So you should be laughing at yourself. I’m not here to put up with little douche bags that enjoy being jerk offs. I’m here to have fun and not criticize people when they put in a good effort. I could care less how long you have been here and who you think you are. 

1. Yes gorlab is a little douche bag, nobody would argue that

2. That cut is pretty bad. If you want to be lazy (like I am 80% of the time), just find a pre-cut png by looking up "PLAYER NAME png" on google images and filtering for large size images.

3 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

Actually you’re the fucking joke man. So you should be laughing at yourself. I’m not here to put up with little douche bags that enjoy being jerk offs. I’m here to have fun and not criticize people when they put in a good effort. I could care less how long you have been here and who you think you are. 

ryU8wOm.gif

18 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

There’s nothing rough about this. The crop is fine & have you ever heard of the “glitch effect” it’s the effect I used to distort the picture like it’s being watched on an old tv with interference or white noise. The watermark is because I used PSExpress to edit the photo. So they always put a watermark there unless you have the premium version of the editor. Lol So try again. Stealing resources? This is exactly what were supposed to do is use pictures from online. Nobody in this league has time to draw or paint a picture. I’m an artist in “ real life “ so I don’t need you to tell me how to use editing software. This picture turned out exactly how I wanted it and took a couple hours. So not sure what you’re looking at. Gtfo ? I will see you on the ice better keep your head up. 

He's not telling you that you're wrong for stealing resources for the sig. He's saying that when you do, like we all do for sigs, to try not to include watermarks, etc. Obviously there's no going overboard and just taking something and saying you made it, however. But you know that.

Also, if you need something to kind of cheat out a cut, use this website: https://www.remove.bg/

Somebody showed me that and it's been a godsend.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Phil Gerrard/ Vasteras Iron Eagles (History Theme Week graphic) [1/2]
10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

He's not telling you that you're wrong for stealing resources for the sig. He's saying that when you do, like we all do for sigs, to try not to include watermarks, etc. Obviously there's no going overboard and just taking something and saying you made it, however. But you know that.

Also, if you need something to kind of cheat out a cut, use this website: https://www.remove.bg/

I already explained the watermark. That was put on their with PhotoShopExpress App that I used to add the words? it’s not off of the picture that I got online. As I explained it gets out on there because I was using the Free Edition. Therefore when you have the Premium a Edition it doesn’t insert the watermark. So in other wards the watermark was not already existing. I left it there cuz it shows I edited it on the app. Lol I spent two hours on this and I take constructive criticism really well if it’s done right. But this dude basically was a total dick and just ripped on the entire piece. Mentioned  no pros and only cons. He was basically talking down to me. Sorry but I know how to treat other people. If he doesn’t he shouldn’t be reviewing these graphics. & nobody said this was an “ art piece” yes I am artist but I never said this piece was some fine art. My point to him was I am artist in real life and I don’t need someone to tell me how to create something out of my own mind.

I did this because I thought this player had interesting career and paying homage as a tribute to his career not to have someone just coming up with all this non sense for his pleasure. 

10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

fKGjYJ1.jpgYou can clearly see there’s no watermark here. This my original screenshot. Before I cropped and changed the horizontal and changed the color to green. 

uaIVi9P.jpghere’s my original screenshot for player picture. Obviously I cropped and masked it then overplayed it to the other picture and added the “ glitch effect” for a more distorted old look. Considering it’s an old player from the early days of the VHL. 

25 minutes ago, Jbeezy76 said:

I already explained the watermark. That was put on their with PhotoShopExpress App that I used to add the words? it’s not off of the picture that I got online. As I explained it gets out on there because I was using the Free Edition. Therefore when you have the Premium a Edition it doesn’t insert the watermark. So in other wards the watermark was not already existing. I left it there cuz it shows I edited it on the app. Lol I spent two hours on this and I take constructive criticism really well if it’s done right. But this dude basically was a total dick and just ripped on the entire piece. Mentioned  no pros and only cons. He was basically talking down to me. Sorry but I know how to treat other people. If he doesn’t he shouldn’t be reviewing these graphics. & nobody said this was an “ art piece” yes I am artist but I never said this piece was some fine art. My point to him was I am artist in real life and I don’t need someone to tell me how to create something out of my own mind.

I did this because I thought this player had interesting career and paying homage as a tribute to his career not to have someone just coming up with all this non sense for his pleasure. 

I'm not knocking you. I'm just saying that's what Gorlab was trying to say. He's just telling you to avoid watermarks. Gorlab rips on people sometimes. He ripped on me years ago when all of my sigs were balls, and he still rips on me sometimes now.

I guess you could have cut off the bottom of the sig in MS Paint or something and removed the watermark, or use another free editing app like GIMP. I never knew about PhotoshopExpress though, so good to know that they add watermarks.

Regarding the player render, it does look lower quality, but that's probably because of the picture you used. It's probably harder to find HQ versions of Wendel Clark, but what I usually do is Google it and sort by size, large. Usually you can find some pretty good quality images that way.

@gorlab can be blunt sometimes and it might rub people the wrong way. I get it.

If I wanted a crystal clear player I would have made him that way. My point is this exactly the way I wanted it to look. I don’t just throw stuff out there. If my eyes like it that’s why I put it out there.