McWolf on moving on

McWolf

Following a season of inactivity as a member of the New York Americans, Joseph McWolf was traded from the team that selected him in the S63 Entry Draft to the perenially competitive Riga Reign. His 2nd season in the organization just came to end, as the Malmö Nighthawks beat the Latvian team 4 games to 1 in the European Conference Finals, and the British defenseman is ready to turn the page.

"New York was getting old, I wasn't motivated enough to practice every morning. The change of scenery was necessary, explains McWolf. I enjoyed my time here. The reunion with Ryan [Kastelic] and Kallis [Kriketers] was basically a dream come true. We had some success as a team, more than I had in 4 years in America. I had success on an individual level too, I got my 2nd Labatte a season ago, but I think it's time for me to pass the torch and move on to a new challenge."

McWolf is 3 years into a 4-year contract extension he signed with the Americans, thinking he'd be the face of the franchise for the rest of his career. He is set to become a free agent following S69, his penultimate season. He had his share of hardware over his first 6 VHL seasons, winning two Labatte Trophies, along with a Valiq Trophy, but he has yet to write his name on the elusive Continental Cup.

"Riga is way too good to not win a Cup soon, and I believe they'll do better without me. The blueline is getting crowded and I know my contract is hard on the cap. I think using my money on a star forward and promoting Apollo [Hackett] and Lincoln [Tate] to key roles would be a good step forward for them. They deserve it, I have nothing but respect and I wish them a Cup as a part of this organization. Me being here is holding them back, they need me out to exploit their true potential."

Rumours say McWolf has been put on the block by Riga's GM but our sources couldn't say if the defenseman gathered any interest from rival teams.

@hedgehog337 @Enorama @Renomitsu @Tate

Edited by McWolf

1 hour ago, Tate said:

You’re an absolute legend both on and off the ice. Thank you for being such a positive influence in the room and a pure offensive dynamo for us on the blue line. You will be greatly missed and your impact in Riga will be felt for a long time.

Much love to you sir :)

Pressure is on you and Reno, now. Go win a cup without me ?