S68 VHL Awards

Beketov

6 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Malmo was more concerned with buffing a certain players stats than actually winning a cup it appears to me

Hardly.  Considering we still went through Riga and Davos who were both excellent teams.

Ultimately we fell short but that doesnt mean I was only concerned with MTs stats.

Again though...I think the argument shouldnt be that I didnt make good moves to help the team win (which is yours it appears) but rather that Seattles moves paid off in a cup in the end.  Which is fair.

I thought it was a tight vote but it seemed people felt because we finished behind them last season and rose all the way to the best regular season team in a stacked conference, that I should get it.

Bana knows I felt it was close and that I saw an argument for both of us.

1 minute ago, HenrikZoiderberg said:

When The Bears start winning b2b Victory Cups, Bana had better start getting b2b GMOTY cups, by this logic.

Again the logic is not that I just won the Victory Cup.  Its that we went from 2nd last to first three seasons into the teams existence while having to play Riga, Helsinki, Moscow and Davos more.

Not saying he wont win them in the future, just that it isnt the logic and also it's not some major snub either.  There were two very deserving options and he was definitely one of them.

3 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

now you jinxed us...

I could give a shit if we won a silly “presidents trophy”. I’d rather Continental than victory cup and GMoTY. 

Congrats to the Tampa bay lightning on a strong regular season. 

48 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I could give a shit if we won a silly “presidents trophy”. I’d rather Continental than victory cup and GMoTY. 

Congrats to the Tampa bay lightning on a strong regular season. 

Then why do you keep complaining? Both options were good. You had a fantastic draft class and made good moves. Adv took an expansion team to the best regular season record and a cup finals, signing a HOF player from free agency... Not everything has to be a snub.

Just now, Mr_Hatter said:

Then why do you keep complaining? Both options were good. You had a fantastic draft class and made good moves. Adv took an expansion team to the best regular season record and a cup finals, signing a HOF player from free agency... Not everything has to be a snub.

You can tell you’re new. In anything like this, there’s always a snub... lol

Can people discuss without it being complaining? You can not hear tone with reading words. I encourage you not to assume tone like so many do on here. I legit said straight up above the voting was close etc and either way whatever. 

The award itself is just flawed imo. 

18 minutes ago, Banackock said:

You can tell you’re new. In anything like this, there’s always a snub... lol

Can people discuss without it being complaining? You can not hear tone with reading words. I encourage you not to assume tone like so many do on here. I legit said straight up above the voting was close etc and either way whatever. 

The award itself is just flawed imo. 

Yeah, top GM/coach in almost any sport (real or fake lol) is usually pretty difficult, so I agree with you on that. 

And while yes, hearing tone is hard, it's quite easy to see when someone keeps bringing up their achievements to mask the ones they didn't get :P  Joking aside, I reread your original comment, and I missed that one when responding to the one I did. Fair play.

I don't have a horse in this race though, congrats on your cup, and to all the winners! Certainly a fun season, hope the next one keeps it up. 

• Victor unfeatured this topic