TOR/DAV; S68 off-season

VHL Bot

Welp, what can I say I love to trade draft picks.

Haha, for real though @Sharkstrong and @11 Eleven both represent great pick ups for where our roster is currently at. I need to make sure we have some more capable wingers what with having so much centers on the roster currently so Scoringson provides that. And for me acquiring another D via trade was always going to be about getting a top tier player and looking past the Tzuyu era. Fish is a highly underrated D with a fantastic contract who is a awesome example of our affiliate program. Super happy to bring both these members on board and had no problem with the big time offering both because of the consistency, team fit and quality of members coming back and getting to keep cap space to play in the free agency space. 

Thanks for the deal @ShawnGlade I wish you best of luck in the draft fields. 

Incredibly hard decision to make, but I wish the best of luck to @Sharkstrong and @11 Eleven as Toronto will be a great home to them. Obviously the side effect of going all in is that if you don't win it all, the offseason is bound to be a tough one.

So go ahead, make jokes about how Davos is entering a rebuild again because haha it's so funny......but seriously, I gotta clean up the mess I made from trying to compete at the cost of our future

18 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Incredibly hard decision to make, but I wish the best of luck to @Sharkstrong and @11 Eleven as Toronto will be a great home to them. Obviously the side effect of going all in is that if you don't win it all, the offseason is bound to be a tough one.

So go ahead, make jokes about how Davos is entering a rebuild again because haha it's so funny......but seriously, I gotta clean up the mess I made from trying to compete at the cost of our future

beating a dead horse wtf GIF
ha ha simpsons GIF

48 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

A hard reset was needed and two firsts is a great start

As Toronto's future GM, I'm honestly okay with this trade, but I won't lie it stings a little because we lost out on the Gritty/Smitty bundle in free agency to Moscow. I told Devise it was a tough pill to swallow, but I understand that it allows the Legion to be competitive for another two seasons. The primary reason I wanted a first was retaining my player for Toronto. It's no secret I've been contemplating retirement early since I simply can't combat depreciation anymore - I don't have enough to buy multiple fighters and no saved TPE anymore. 

I was going to use one of those first round picks to retain my recreate, since I'm confident they'll be a good asset for any club, and I don't plan on being a welfare player with them. I earned capped TPE for the majority of Peace's career (over 1000 TPE to date) so that would have been a stable position for Toronto's future. As it stands I'm still likely to retire at the deadline, but my recreate will go to whatever team drafts him. 

Welcome to Toronto, @Sharkstrong and @11 Eleven. I'm excited to have you guys here. :)

Edited by Peace

• Victor changed the title to TOR/DAV; S68 off-season