Claimed:Laichly Rift's Pajodcast Episode 80 - Daniel Braxton is Fabulous!

Devise

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/86888764/file.html

Three's company gather in the usual setting to do what they do. Take a look at a bit of the happenings of the league, regular season ending and final thoughts on awards, beginning of playoffs, PajodTask, Daniel Braxton gets his "moment" and then we wrap it in a bow of fluffers? I think?

Props to anyone who can guess where the intro song is from. Hint: When you combine the Wrath of Khan and the height of Baggins you get to go on a trip down Hudson bay. 

Edited by Devise22

Honest suggestion and/or complaint here.

The PajodTasks are starting to get too focused on you guys. The more recent ones have been "Tell us what you think about us" or "Give us stuff to say". Every time I hear a task that basically is just something to entertain you guys, I feel less compelled to take part in it. When you interact with your audience through them, it keeps them more glued and willing to complete any task you ask of us that doesn't have us asking you guys ordinary questions or which out of the 3 we like. As much as I love listening to you guys, the dick measuring contest is a bit redundant now.Just my two cents.

Edited by AwfulHomesick

Honest suggestion and/or complaint here.

The PajodTasks are starting to get too focused on you guys. The more recent ones have been "Tell us what you think about us" or "Give us stuff to say". Every time I hear a task that basically is just something to entertain you guys, I feel less compelled to take part in it. When you interact with your audience through them, it keeps them more glued and willing to complete any task you ask of us that doesn't have us asking you guys ordinary questions or which out of the 3 we like. As much as I love listening to you guys, the dick measuring contest is a bit redundant now.Just my two cents.

That Task was literally a suggestion from a user though. That wasn't our own idea. It isn't meant to be a dick measuring contest. That is the whole reason I did the Task about people giving us suggestions. But among all the suggestions we got almost all of it involved us. At the end of the day it would be kind of strange to ask for a task from people that didn't get used in some fashion on the show. But again I'm always open to suggestions. What do you think the PajodTask should be? You had an opportunity to contribute an idea on that last week for example. 

Also keep in mind the task this week isn't just who you like. For all I care talk about how fucking awful all three of us are. That is part of the task as well. 

Edited by Devise22

isn't the opening song from Sherlock?

Very close! It's a song that begins getting used in Series 2 near the end of that series specifically. I won't say exactly when but it's during a big plot point. I just happened to finish the entire show and loved the soundtrack. But I'll give you the props since you basically guessed correctly. :P 

It could be something along the lines of "Record yourself doing an impression of (random member and we'll air it and judge it" not "Give us movie quotes and we'll recite them". That at least has the listeners focused in on next week rather than just listening to you guys giggle over each other.

It could be something along the lines of "Record yourself doing an impression of (random member and we'll air it and judge it" not "Give us movie quotes and we'll recite them". That at least has the listeners focused in on next week rather than just listening to you guys giggle over each other.

That is also a lot more complex and complicated to actually execute. Provided your suggesting the idea I'm thinking. You want me to insert recorded audio from a listener. So even more work on the end of the people who listen. That is the first bad assumption. Most of the people who listen forget the PajodTask as is when I remind them and even some can't be bothered to even PM me something sometimes when I've asked. So adding extra work onto that for them generally isn't a great idea.

Secondly I'd have to get Jericho, Chris and myself to all listen to the audio off air. Not really possible for us to hear the audio the same time the audience does. So I'd have to stop our skype call at a preset moment and then pick it up again with our judgement after the audience heard their impression. 

Can it be done? Sure. But all that work when I can't even be certain how many submissions I'd get for it? I welcome your constructive criticism but when I opened the Task up last week to ideas for Tasks I got ideas that all revolved around something we would say and or do on the show. I think your complaints are in the right place but I also think your a bit misguided. It isn't about feeding ego's or who is great. Us doing movie quotes was a perfect example of that. That was awkward as hell. Kesler sending me a word that I couldn't pronounce another great one. I hate doing that. But I enjoy audience participation. And again I will stress to me what we are doing obviously is drawing some attention to those who send in simply because the ideas for Tasks they sent in all were in the same vein. 

I have been toying with an idea to do a PajodTask regarding the opinions of other members on stuff, although we on the show would most likely state them after they sent them and then likely comment on them. Whether that be opinions on players/teams/stuff in the VHL or other matters. But the Task isn't exactly that "old" yet either keep in mind. It's only been a few months of doing it. So there is tons of room to grow. I continue to welcome your suggestions and ideas and appreciate your feedback sir. :) 

Devise!

You're advertising that save % is the only stat worth looking at with your top goalie prediction, which annoys me. Sure save % is the most important goalie stat, but GAA, Wins, Shutouts and PS save % aren't completely useless, they are cumulatively way more important than save % alone imo. I expect more from a former goalie yourself :(

As for MVP, I don't believe a non-playoff player should win unless they dominate by a large margin so this season Low shouldn't be on the ballot (he would be if they did make the playoffs). Looking at the big picture I think it's pretty obvious who was MVP for their team and should win that's all I'll say lol.

AwfulHomesick brings up an interesting point I think, I skipped a bunch of the recent Pajodtasks because I just didn't have the motivation to do them, but I didn't really think about the why. Maybe it was indeed because they were a little too self-referential, of course you guys are allowed to talk about yourself as much as you want and often that makes for some very funny material, but the "send us phrases to say" task was kind of a low point in my eyes, especially so shortly after the "send us movie quotes to say" task. Asking the league for their opinions on certain matters or letting the members come up with ideas, sigs etc. is more interesting imho than just letting them provide you with keywords. But I know that you aren't doing this on purpose or anything, just wanted to give my two cents :).

Maybe we don't even need a Pajodtask in every episode, just having them every two or three weeks could make them more meaningful and you wouldn't have the pressure to come up with something new every week. I generally prefer it anyway if you guys just freewheel it and talk about what is on your mind this week or what happened in the league, instead of just jumping from segment to segment.

Nevertheless, nice episode guys, kind of disappointed that I didn't get any love for top two way forward and that I was only barely mentioned for most improved player, but there are a lot of deserving candidates so that's not outrageous or anything. One more thing though because you talked so much about Slaughters zero hits and how many hits other players had in on game compared to Slaughter in the entire season... Fifteen times zero is still zero, so someone with 15 hits doesn't have fifteen times the hits Slaughter had :D

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

For improved ya I'm not sure how everyone else did but Blade went from 65 points to 100 this season.

Jericho dislike of Ryan Powers was pretty epic.

Edited by Mike

Content: 3/3 - Our draft system is kind of odd. The fart thread is one of the best Thunderdome threads in a long time. It is pretty amazing to say that Low already has a pretty good shot at the HoF and possibly best defenseman ever. Have to give a shout out to Spud though for a solid season as well. I'm pretty sure Devise said something about that, but I can't remember exactly what it was. Putting aside the whole NY/RIG thing, I think Fjorrstrom should get RotY by a hair. We don't have many forwards right now with high defense, which I imagine would account for the lack of shot blocks. Agree with the positive shout outs to Kesler. Jardy was awesome as a simmer this year. 

Professionalism: 2/2 - As professional as you can be when discussing flatulence. 

Editing: .75/1 - It seemed to skip at a couple spots.

Overall: 5.75/6

You guys actually bring up some really good points. We'd really appreciate more diverse suggestions from our audience, and if they're not too complicated (like the example Homesick gave us would end up being) we'd be glad to perform them. I'd love to get more pagroupie generated content on air, makes for better radio and makes our jobs easier. Please feel free to send more suggestions and we'd be happy to do the best ones.

You guys actually bring up some really good points. We'd really appreciate more diverse suggestions from our audience, and if they're not too complicated (like the example Homesick gave us would end up being) we'd be glad to perform them. I'd love to get more pagroupie generated content on air, makes for better radio and makes our jobs easier. Please feel free to send more suggestions and we'd be happy to do the best ones.

Who are you and what have you done with Jericho?