San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending October 24th, 2021

Answer for 2 TPE. Just message here or on discord if you have questions about this or claiming it.

1. We have been playing well lately, beating teams above us in the standings. What has changed, in your opinion, and how do we stay hot? 

2. Would you rather play for one team your entire career, or play for many different teams? 

3. Individual or team success?

4. What does your player do after a big win? 

5. How do you learn best? Trying new things, being instructed, by pictures, diagrams, words, etc.? 

6. Favorite candy? 

@TEthier09@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@JT Cutts@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior@Russianmenice@teknonym

Edited by JB123

4 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 TPE. Just message here or on discord if you have questions about this or claiming it.

1. We have been playing well lately, beating teams above us in the standings. What has changed, in your opinion, and how do we stay hot? 

2. Would you rather play for one team your entire career, or play for many different teams? 

5. How do you learn best? Trying new things, being instructed, by pictures, diagrams, words, etc.? 

6. Favorite candy? 

@TEthier09@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@JT Cutts@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Silver Warrior@Russianmenice@teknonym

1. We have more players actively earning tpe for our lines. On top of that we finally have a goaltender, a great game changer for our performence 

2. One team for my career for sure, you'll be remembered as a city celebrity!

3. These two go hand in hand, although I would pick individual. It may seem selfish but I would love to see success out of myself or player over the team.

4. Move on to the next game.

5. When someone shows me what to do, a visual example is what helps best.

6. Skittles or M&M's are kinda fire

22 minutes ago, JB123 said:

6. Favorite candy? 

1. We have been playing well lately, beating teams above us in the standings. What has changed, in your opinion, and how do we stay hot? Just got on the team so need to see how we do and to stay hot we need to stay together

2. Would you rather play for one team your entire career, or play for many different teams? One team as loyalty is important to me

3. Individual or team success? Team success as no one wants to be what if kind of player they want to be that guy who won many championships

4. What does your player do after a big win? Goes home and works hard on his game watching film focusing on the next game as every minute on that ice counts

5. How do you learn best? Trying new things, being instructed, by pictures, diagrams, words, etc.?  Being instructed mostly with hands on learning. 

6. Favorite candy? Most likely its kit kat but white chocolate kit kats

1 minute ago, JB123 said:

6. Favorite candy? 

1. The first thing that comes to mind is our top and second line's production. Preobrazhensky has been going off in the goals category recently, and that has definitely helped. Wilk, Jr, and Xavier have been solid the whole time which is a great consistency. I think Tadhg also deserves a pat on the back, he's been putting up some pretty decent numbers recently.

2. Tough call. I think I'd go for the one team. I think it's more exciting playing for a crowd that knows and has grown to love you as a player. Players like John Gibson and (ex)Joe Pavelski. Those home crowds love them, and the Sharks fans still love Pavelski and Ducks fans will always have a soft spot for Gibby. I'd like something like that.

3. Team success. Obviously I'd like hardware, but if the team is good, clearly you're doing something right to begin with.

4. Tadhg is a simple guy, celebrate with the team and go home and crash onto his bed. The VHLM is no cakewalk and sleep is king. After particularly exciting games, he'll talk to his girlfriend about everything, but more often than not he's asleep before his head hits the pillow.

5. The way I learn best is by stripping the task down to fundamentals and rebuilding it from the ground up. I like to call it 'detail-oriented' but my friends call it 'the little specks that don't matter' lol. It's made me a good student though, so I can't say I can complain.

6. I'm pretty sure this is an Australia only thing, but they're called Clinkers. I'm not actually sure what's in the centre, but it's this kinda crunchy/foamy candy thing that's covered in chocolate. As a kid, you usually play a game by guessing what colour is in the centre out of pink, yellow, and green. It helps that they're also addictively good. Top stuff.

1. We have been playing well lately, beating teams above us in the standings. What has changed, in your opinion, and how do we stay hot? I think our team has just started to develop more, which is allowing us to beat more teams.

2. Would you rather play for one team your entire career, or play for many different teams? I think playing for many teams would be fun, but there is something beautiful about staying with one team your whole career.

3. Individual or team success? All about team success. If your team doesn't win together than what's the point?

4. What does your player do after a big win? My player spoils himself with a big meal. Maybe a fat burger or something.

5. How do you learn best? Trying new things, being instructed, by pictures, diagrams, words, etc.? I learn things quickly by repetition and instructions. 

6. Favorite candy? I am a big fan of Sour Patch Kids.

On 10/20/2021 at 2:03 AM, JB123 said:

6. Favorite candy? 

1. We got defense now. We just gotta keep on doing what we're doing.

2. I'm a loyal type of guy, as long as I like the team.

3. Team all the way.

4. Gets shit faced drunk.

5. I gotta do something myself, even if I fuck it up. Then I learn how to do it better.

6. Chocolate.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, JB123 said:

6. Favorite candy? 

1-I think we made good changes to not finish last and our team for next year will be amazing 

2-For now I’m good with this team. It’s only vhlm as well. Probably rather play for same team 

3-personally like individual but it’s fun when the team does good

4-take a drink

5-a little of everything. Depends on what the subject is

6-chocolate bar

Week Ending October 31, 2021

1. How do we finish strong? 
2. Overall how do you feel about the team’s performance this season? 
3. How about your player’s performance?

4. Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? Where do you hope to go and in what round? 
5. What are your goals for next season? 
6. What would you like to see improve in San Diego for next season? Can be anything :) 

@TEthier09@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@JT Cutts@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Russianmenice@Abaddon@teknonym@dustywilson22

1. How do we finish strong?  I think we just have to keep doing what we are doing. We've been playing well and have to keep it up.
2. Overall how do you feel about the team’s performance this season? We started off slow, but were able to come back and start winning more games.
3. How about your player’s performance? My player's performance was pretty good! He is currently over a point per game, which I am very happy about.

4. Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? Where do you hope to go and in what round? I just hope to be drafted. I don't have any team specifically that I want to go to, nor do I know where I would get drafted.
5. What are your goals for next season? Just keep on improving. Hopefully being a key player for whatever team I play for.
6. What would you like to see improve in San Diego for next season? Can be anything :) I wanna see a championship baby!

1. Keep doing whatever we've been doing, it's clearly working.

2. We had a rocky start, but with some great additons to the team in net and on D, I think we've climbed our way back to a decent finish.

3. Honestly, I'll take it. It isn't good by any means but as a rookie ill settle for the strong finish I've had.

4. I'd honestly be happy for anything in the later rounds of the VHLE draft. I havn't done anything to deserve anything more then that yet so I'd settle for that.

5. Make my mark on the VHL leagues, hopefully get drafted into the VHL after this season.

6. Hopefully San Diego can be a contender next year other then that, I couldn't have asked for anything better! It's been a blast playing here!

27 minutes ago, JB123 said:

4. Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? Where do you hope to go and in what round? 
6. What would you like to see improve in San Diego for next season? Can be anything :) 

@TEthier09@Johnny_HX@IslesWin@JT Cutts@Nosam_13@boatsinking123@Tipskid97@Tomat0@Bulduray_1@Jake Sumner@Russianmenice@Abaddon@teknonym@dustywilson22

1) I think just winning the last three games would be as strong as we can finish

2) I feel really good! The team started off pretty rough but really pulled it back towards the end of the season.

3) I'm super happy with the way my player performed! He's actually pretty close to my prediction from weeks ago, he's at a .895sv% and a 3.79GAA along with 1 shutout. I'm hoping these last three games can push that sv% to over .900 but I'm still happy regardless.

4) I'm super excited for the drafts! It's looking like Tadhg'll go around the mid-second and that's great. I might be the second or third goalie taken, depending on who needs what. I'll be happy with whoever takes me, and I'm excited to play for whoever takes me!

5) For next season, I'm hoping for more shutouts and a lower GAA, but more than anything I'm just looking to improve my TPE and general presence in the VHL.

6) For San Diego, I'm hoping for big things, even if I don't get selected here. It'd be really fun to play against San Diego as a contender with a strong D core and and forwards. I'd like to continue playing here, but anything can happen!

12 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. Got to play as team as we finish out and just continue to make plays as a team.
2. I feel pretty good being here only for a little bit as we picked up a few wins while I've been here
3. It's been alright just a little rough since I just need to work on him just a little bit. 

4. I mean obviously I wanna go in the 1st round, but honestly just wanna find a team to start gk on and get more experience for my player.
5. Be a starting GK and just put up good numbers to win a lot of games
6. I think just definitely a lot more wins most likely and just wanna mend together a little bit better. 

16 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. Just keep the momentum we've had going and win games.

2. I'm actually pretty happy with the teams performance. We used to be with teams like Mississauga and Saskatoon, we now got out of that loop and started playing great hockey against playoff teams. If we just had a bit more games, we could've been seeing the Marlins in a playoff spot. 

3. I'm very pleased with Sergey's performance so far in his first VHLM season. Although there is still a long road ahead for him, it's been great to see him become a difference maker in San Diego.

4. Yes, it's an exciting day for everyone! Sergey could possibly squeak in as a late first rounder but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up second round either. 

5. Just to get better at hockey, while putting up amazing stats. 

6. Simply just for San Diego to become a contender, becoming a force to be reckoned with in the VHLM.

Edited by Bulduray_1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:49 AM, JB123 said:

1. We focus on what we're best at!

2. We had a rough start taht hurt us in the long run. Sad we couldn't make the POs.

3. I'm pretty happy, 4th in goals is pretty good.

4. Warsaw! Don't care what round.

5. Continuing to be as good as I can.

6. Play as good as we did at the end but the entire season.

Week Ending November 7th, 2021

1. How will you be spending your offseason?

2. What areas of your game will you be working on before next season?

3. What are your goals for next season?

4. Ottawa or Yukon to win the Founder's Cup?

5. What is your favorite vacation spot?

6. Your GM JB was recently spotted at the San Diego Zoo and doing what appeared to be talking to dolphins and other sea life. Any thoughts?

1. How will you be spending your offseason? I will be spending the offseason in school, learning new things and possibly getting a degree.

2. What areas of your game will you be working on before next season? I need to work on my scoring more. I need to put the pucks in the net as well as getting my assists.

3. What are your goals for next season? Continue to be a key contributor for my team and hopefully win with the team.

4. Ottawa or Yukon to win the Founder's Cup? I think Yukon will win.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? New York is pretty sick!

6. Your GM JB was recently spotted at the San Diego Zoo and doing what appeared to be talking to dolphins and other sea life. Any thoughts? I mean, no judgement. People like to do what they like, so all the power to them.

5 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

6. Your GM JB was recently spotted at the San Diego Zoo and doing what appeared to be talking to dolphins and other sea life. Any thoughts?

1. Visting the streets of Russia! 

2. Definitely getting the puck into the net, faceoffs and getting faster on the ice.

3. To become a better player. Duh.

4. Ottawa for sure, GO LYNX GO 

5. Any spot in Russia is a vacation for me.

6. Well, he was appointed Marlins GM for a reason!

Edited by Bulduray_1

1. Preparing for next season and watching some of our players get drafted!

2. Need to get my skating game up a bit, as well as strength and passing.

3. To contend for the Founder's Cup and provide a great atmosphere!

4. Tough one. I played in Yukon and worked for Ottawa. Going to have to go with the Lynx on this one, I know some people on that team.

5. Anywhere with a beach, so let's say San Diego California!

6. I'm trying to put these fish in a tank!!! 😂 #FILLTHETANK

On 11/6/2021 at 6:41 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

1. Off-season is time to go back home to Ireland and see family. Even pros have to take a break every now and again!

2. Likely becoming more athletic and using my size more effectively in net. Gotta stop them pucks somehow.

3. I'm hoping to just be better than last season and help whoever I end up getting drafted by make a run at a Founder's cup, picking up some shutouts along the way.

4. I'm partial to Yukon, both because they're insane and because Yukon is just a nice place to spend time. It's got incredible scenery.

5. Probably Sydney, that's where me and my friends spend our time off school nowadays.

6. It looks like JB is trying to find a coach for the team. Dolphins are the smartest animal in the ocean, I imagine they'd make great coaches.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

1. I'll be waiting for the draft!

2. I'll try and focus on improving what I do best.

3. Just being a solid player on my level.

4. Yukon I guess?

5. Tuscany! I just love Italy man.

6. Hey man, I'm not one to judge who he consults strategies with.

1. Any thoughts on the recent changes to the VLHM and VHLE team structure?

2. What city should the Yukon Rush relocate to, Geneva or Vienna?

3. How does the VHLM shrinking change the compete level for you? Does it go up or will the top teams just squash all competition?

4. Where are you hoping to go in drafts this offseason?

5. If the Marlins were to pursue a sponsor deal, what brands would you suggest?

6. Bit late for a candy question but candy corn, yes or no?

1 hour ago, TheNeonShaman said:

3. How does the VHLM shrinking change the compete level for you? Does it go up or will the top teams just squash all competition?

1. I was not expecting that at all to say the least, but it's great that they are balancing out the leagues

2. Vienna, much better than Geneva

3. I believe that there will be somewhat better parity, there won't be like 2 or 3 players on a team like before, as the VHLM is shrinking. Leaving more opportunities for teams to have a better amount of players. Thus giving slightly more parity

4. Meh as long as I get drafted I'll be satisfied 

5. Hmm, something aquatic, maybe a fish food sponsor? Or maybe we can get a seafood restaurant to sponsor us!

6. Yes for sure, not sure why people hate it. It's candy.

12 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

1) I think it's an interesting change, and it makes the E more competitive but it changes the way that M teams are going to draft and take players I think. I guess we'll see how it plays out in the future.

2) I think 'Vienna Rush' sounds really cool in comparison, Vienna is definitely the shout for me.

3) The compete level should hopefully be evened out now. I'm hoping it'll mean that every team can have a shot, but I wouldn't be shocked if the top teams just dominate in whole.

4) I'm hoping that, being one of the top goaltenders, I can sneak into the first round, but I think early in the second is more realistic for now.

5) I think Red Lobster is the shout, or if we're going for sports brands maybe Rip Curl. I think seeing a big red lobster in an arena would be incredibly funny though.

6) I've never had candy corn, but all of my friends say it tastes like hot garbage so I'm not sure. Pretty neutral from me!

On 11/9/2021 at 11:59 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

1. I guess it makes sense with the change in TPE values.

2. I'm definitely team Vienna.

3. Should be good for parity, more concentration of players.

4. Warsaw! My dream team to join.

5. I have absouletly no clue.

6. What the hell is candy corn?