San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

19 hours ago, JB123 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending 1/2/2022 (Happy New Year!)

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. How was your holidays? 
2. What are you looking forward to in 2022? 
3. How can we finish strong this last sim and go deep in the playoffs?

4. Are you satisfied with your player’s performance this season?

5. Who has been the MVP of the team, in your opinion? 
6. Things you enjoy doing this time of year? 

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Johnny_HX@Jordan Messier@CSkams15@Laflamme@COLLINz@boatsinking123@EMoney002@Dom@fromtheinside@MubbleFubbles@Jake Sumner@Charlie22@pepsimarble@Scurvy@lemonan@Underclass_Hero@Ekky@rory@fishy@dustywilson22

1. They were pretty relaxing. A nice break from regular life

2. Hopefully just a better year in general I guess

3. We just gotta trust ourselves and play hard. We can do it.

4. I am, but I think it could have been better

5. I would say Maxx

6. Spending time with family and eating

1.My holiday was great I got to see my family for the first time in a while.

2. I hope to be happy, healthy, and get in the gym more often

3. I belive that what we have right now is going pretty well could maybe cut down on some of the mistakes but other than that very solid going into the playoffs

4. I feel like i could probably be more if a factor in scoring since i got traded to San Diego. But while i was in Vegas i was very pleased with my performance.

5. I just arrived here in San Diego so i dont know the team and what people have been doing but from what ive seen Eklund.

6. This time of year i enjoy riding around in the snow on four wheelers or side by sides with friends and watching the snow fall.

Week Ending 1/9/2022

1. We won round one! How is everyone feeling going into round two?
2. How do you feel about your player's performance in the first round?
3. Do you think Ottawa will be the biggest challenge for any team this playoffs?

4.After the first round win media saw the whole team packing into Tavish DeGroot's house and a huge party ensued, how was everyone's experience there?  

5. Questions from the NHL, does Edmonton make the playoffs and does Pittsburgh stop winning?
6. What is your favorite movie?

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Johnny_HX@Jordan Messier@CSkams15@Laflamme@COLLINz@boatsinking123@EMoney002@Dom@fromtheinside@MubbleFubbles@Jake Sumner@Charlie22@pepsimarble@Scurvy@lemonan@Underclass_Hero@Ekky@rory@fishy@dustywilson22

1. I feel like we ca do whatever we put our minds to even if were a major underdog.

2.  I did okay i had 2 goals and 3 assist I believe which isn't great but not awful by any means. 

3. Very much so they are a high flying power house that anyone who wants to get to the chip will have to go through them.

4. It was great I obviously could have as much fun of some the other guys because im not 21 yet but still a great party and hope to have another after we win in the semi's

5. I think Edmonton will sneak in as a wildcard. After seeing what Pittsburg did to the Blues (Coming from a blues fan) I think it will be hard to stop them from winning.

6. My favorite movie is Talladega Nights

1. I feel great about round one.  Was a great start to the playoffs.  I am nervous and excited for round two.  Ottawa is going to be a great challenge.

2. I was happy with my performance overall.  Decent numbers and plus/minus was good so hopefully I can continue to round two with decent playing.

3. I think Ottawa is going to be a true test.  If we can get through them, I think we're in a great spot. 

4. Well.....I'd rather not comment.  I walked in on Huge G. Johnson in the bathroom and lets just say. .......the name is fake.

5. Yes, I think Edmonton makes a few key trades and makes the playoffs.  Pittsburg will stop winning due to injuries in there veteran core but will still be a challenge come playoff time.  

6. Tombstone

On 1/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/9/2022

3. Do you think Ottawa will be the biggest challenge for any team this playoffs?

4.After the first round win media saw the whole team packing into Tavish DeGroot's house and a huge party ensued, how was everyone's experience there?  

5. Questions from the NHL, does Edmonton make the playoffs and does Pittsburgh stop winning?

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Johnny_HX@Jordan Messier@CSkams15@Laflamme@COLLINz@boatsinking123@EMoney002@Dom@fromtheinside@MubbleFubbles@Jake Sumner@Charlie22@pepsimarble@Scurvy@lemonan@Underclass_Hero@Ekky@rory@fishy@dustywilson22

1. Honestly, it's awesome to be in the second round of the VHLM Playoffs for the second time. It's awesome to be able to compete with the team on the highest level, so I'm hyped that we can compete with the best teams in the nation.

2. The role of Marshall Maxx is simple and defined on this team: play defense. Even though he is often slotted into a role where he doesn't touch the puck, he has been a lockdown defender and a hard hitter for the team when he's out there.

3. Yes, they are the best team in the playoffs. They have so many experienced and skilled players and their team is extremely deep, which will make it extremely hard for any other VHLM team to compete with them in a seven game series.

4. Maxx had a great time eating through the large variety of chicken wings at the party. It was a bit unfortunate when he checked DeGroot's new television out the window though...

5. Edmonton should make the playoffs as long as they don't suck, which yaknow might happen. And Pittsburgh does stop winning, mostly cause they're not actually that good.

6. Probably A Silent Voice. But I also like Zodiac. And Jurassic Park. Idk I don't watch many movies though.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/9/2022

1. I’m feeling great! I can’t wait to play.

2. I think my player played well. Hopefully I can keep it up in round two

3. Absolutely. They’re very tough but that makes it more fun.

4. It was amazing. We had a fun time as a team and celebrated like we already won

5. I think yes for both

6. currently it’s Tick, Tick… Boom

On 1/7/2022 at 7:18 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/9/2022

1. feeling great about to win this next round!
2. Well i havent had to play so far been watching bubbles play amazing in net. 
3. I think so If we shut them down we got this cup in the bag
4. I loved his house and I feel like It helped us bond really
5. I don't watch much NHL but god I hope pittsburgh stops winning
6. The Lego Movie most likely

Week Ending 1/16/2022

1. Heartbreaker of a loss in game 7 to the defending champs, what are your thoughts?
2. Offseason time, what will you be focusing on improving for next season?
3. How was this season for you?

4. Everyone say something nice about our great GM JB here as he is moving on from the team this offseason!

5. What is your favorite video game?
6. What is your favorite snack?

39 minutes ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/16/2022

1. Heartbreaker of a loss in game 7 to the defending champs, what are your thoughts?

4. Everyone say something nice about our great GM JB here as he is moving on from the team this offseason!

1. I am still proud of the team for forcing a game 7 against a team as skilled as Ottawa. No regrets.

2. I think I’ll improve my defence a bit more.

3. I think the season was pretty good for me. I was able to contribute well and help the team make it this far.

4. Thank you JB! You are such a friendly guy to have in the room and you always made the people in the discord feel welcome.

5. I have become quite a fan of the Assassins Creed series.

6. Sweet Chili Heat Doritos.

6 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/16/2022

1. It was a major disappointment, and I wish that we could be competing in the finals this year, but all that means is that I wasn't good enough to win. Gotta get on the grind and get better.

2. It's finally time: Marshall Maxx is going to hit HARD. People are not going to survive his checks next season.

3. While the team did well and the locker room was awesome, it was pretty clear by the end of the season that Maxx didn't fit the team's playstyle. I had a fun time, but I'm excited to see what he can do in a scheme more specific to his traits.

4. Yo! Good job! It was a great season here in San Diego, probably the best team in the city for years, so props for that!

5. Portal 2. 10/10. 

6. Tuna. Don't make fun of me for loving tuna.

1. Obliviosly dissapointing but the fact that wo could push a team to the brink of elemibation shows a lot about this team

2. Improving on  capitalizing on shot I took a lot of shots this tear but the scoring wasnt there like i would hope

3. Being traded twice was rough but i feel like i can fit in just about anywhere and I definitely had chemistry early sith some of the guys 

4. He has been so understanding of my situation and me not playing to my full potential at times and helping me through those rough patches

5. At the moment probably nba 2k22 but it changes a lot

6.Goldfish

10 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/16/2022

1. Felt bad man but ready to move onto the VHLE honestly
2. I will be focusing on just being a better gk overall honestly
3. It was pretty good making playoffs and just being the backup for bubbles
4. He's what brought me interest in the vhl honestly and thank you!
5. College hoops 2k8
6. Pb and J

1.  Felt horrible about the loss.  I really thought we were going to win that game.

2. Getting as much TPE as I can to contribute next season.  My first offseason so not sure what to expect.

3. I freaking loved this season. I found this league somehow and started.  I sucked the first part of the year but slowly got better.  Was good to end the year at 200TPE.

4. JB was amazing to me.  He truly helped me decipher the league and learning curve on how to gain TPE.  Thank you JB!!!

5. NHL14 

6.  Peanut butter PerfectBars

On 1/12/2022 at 10:17 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

1. Sucks that I was eating 24 minutes a game only to do absolutely nothing. Ottawa is a good team but I think they caught us on off days. We win that series 9 times out of 10, just couldn't get that performance on the ice.

2. Intentionally tanking my draft stock so I can be drafted 23rd overall to the Los Angeles Stars.

3. Awful, Vasille Lamb performed a lot better then me, all I really did was collect penalty minutes. Very disappointing results for me.

4. JB never pulled the trigger on any BIG HUGE trades in his last season to destroy the teams future for the next real life calendar year. Very different from the usual VHLM strat.
5. Team fortress 2 baby perfect game no bugs was the 10th best demoman in the world in 2014 don't @ me

6. Goldfishy's. Only the original flavour, don't mess with the other random flavours they be pumping out. They got it right the first time and decided to rock the boat. You ain't oreos, goldfish. Stick to what you're good at.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/16/2022

1. I feel like if we keep getting better we have a great chance next year.

2. I will be focusing on Faceoffs to become an alternate center, scoring and passing.

3. i feel like i expected to be this bad but I feel like I did better than I thought.

4. JB was a great GM to start my career and helped me out a lot.

5. My favourite is NHL 22.

6. My favourite snack has to be a hershy's Cookies and Cream Chocolate bar.

Hope to see some of you next season!

VHL.png

Edited by ErictheFish

• 2 weeks later...

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. The draft has happened, how does everyone feel about the team and the locker room?
2. We are tanking for a run next season, so what is your best tanking strategy?
3. What is your favorite kind of tank?

4. Just like GM JB last season, new GM Frank was spotted at the San Diego zoo seemingly having a conversation with the sea creatures. Any thoughts?

5. NHL Question, the Flyers have now lost 13 straight, why are they so bad?
6. New group of Marlins, new opinions, is water wet?

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Jake Sumner@Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss

1. I feel pretty good about the team overall and the locker room has a nice atmosphere.

2. My best tanking strategy is playing forwards on defense and playing defense as forwards.

3. TIGER II

4. Is aquaman our GM? Because thats what it looks like.

5. Because that is their job, also they might be tanking for the draft just like we are.

6. Water is not wet itself, however it makes things wet. water cannot be wet because it is a liquid. Solids can feel wet even when there is no water there anymore, liquids cannot.

59 minutes ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. The draft has happened, how does everyone feel about the team and the locker room?

4. Just like GM JB last season, new GM Frank was spotted at the San Diego zoo seemingly having a conversation with the sea creatures. Any thoughts?

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Jake Sumner@Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss

1. Man I'm excited I love being part of the existing core going into a championship run so after another big draft next season we can have a good leadership group and established players.

2. I think pushing offense at the expense of defense. Not just as a forward, but we want exciting games and we want DJ Fire Dragon to get as much action as possible, both as inspiration to keep building and earning, but also just to give them the opportunity to steal a few games and lose a few games to spice it up.

3. I quite enjoy a good fish tank, with fish and shrimp just swimming around vibing doing their thing.

4. I would like to speak with the sea creatures please.

5. Philadelphia is just cursed in general. Also their D is atrocious and their forwards outplayed themselves last year and they got overconfident. Terrible goal-tending performances take them out whenever they get the rest of the team going.

6. When one goes out in the rain, they get wet. When they go inside they are still wet. When they dry themselves off, the towel gets wet. Whatever contains the water, is wet. That means that it is not the medium that is wet, because without the water it is not wet. It is the water that is wet.

2 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. Honestly, I was surprised that I was gonna get drafted this season, but I am happy that it is on to this team and not the Lynx. Jkjk, I would of been happy on any team but I am glad it is this one.

2. I think it would be to have a stacked defense. Protecting the net is a big must for me. If we have good goalie and good defense, we are set. As far as offense, anyone can score a goal.
3. Hmm, I got to go with Reinhardt. Jkjk. For the longest time its been M1A1 but I think Tiger II may have a fighting chance.

4. Aren't we a sea bearing team? Maybe that is why he trying to communicate with sea creatures

5. Because they are Flyers.

6. No, its dry. Wet is just a state of having moisture/water on you

3 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. After the draft, I was excited to join the discord and start talking to my teammates. The locker room has a great feel and I already feel involved and supported!

2. In terms of losing we can play people out of position, or have people keep their TPE points banked. Other than that excited for the run!

3. My favorite tank is most likely a Tiger II

4. Could we say Frank the Tank LOL, but maybe he was hanging around the marlins and fish...maybe our mascot?

5.Well I'm a Devils fan so I feel like I have no say in this haha

6. Water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet

1. I am new to this, so dont know about draft, but team looks nice, and i am excite to play with all of them.🍾(some booze for guys as newcomer, if GM allows it ofc).
2. balanced game, defenders helping forward, forwards helping defence
3.fish tank? 😜
4. he sure wants just to hire a marlin as mascot for a game.
5. well hard to say, i guess their defence is not that strong, but sooner or later every serie ends.
6. water makes things wet.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. I really like the locker room attitude and am confident in the team.

2. Put the good players on lower lines

3. John Cena

4. Is he related to JB?

5. Because there tanking for Shane Wright or are scared of meeting the Rangers in the playoffs

6. Maybe

On 1/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. I feel okay, this may be my last season in the VHLM so I'm not sure how to feel.

2. Trade every player and only keep one so the rest is bots.

3. I don't have a favourite but my least favourite is the Leafs blowing a 3-1 lead in the playoffs.

4. Why do all our GM's have sea creature voices?

5. It is because of Gritty.

6. Water is still wet and I don't know how I feel depending on what I am (TPE wise) as season starts depends on what I want to happen.

And how do I do sigs?

On 1/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 1/30/2022

1. I’m still getting a feel for the boys and trying to figure out where I’m going to fit in.

2. Stockpile as many future picks and assets as possible, hopefully that will be enough to make a run at it in the future. 

3. 55-gallon oil drums. I hope I already haven’t said too much. 

4. This is an obvious case of tampering, in my opinion. But that’s not for me to decide. 

5. The Flyers’ losing streak can directly be attributed to systemic racism. 

6. Everything becomes wet when Hugh G. Johnson comes around.