San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

1.  I think the team is starting to come together.  A focus on team defense and capitalizing on power play and we will see continued success.

2. My season is ok but needs to improve with continued earning of TPE.  I need to add to defense and skating to improve and be consistent.

3. Pre-game routine is superstitious.  I have to put my hockey socks and skates on left foot first and then right.  Everytime

4. YES!  After his shutout win goalie Dusty Wilson refuses to shower until he allows a goal.  

5. No comment.  But I am a decent singer

6. Hell NO.  A hotdog is in no way shape or form a sandwich.  

Go Marlins!! 

On 11/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending December 5th, 2021

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE. Just message here or on discord if you have questions about this or claiming it.

1. We are smack in the middle of the league in 5th place, what can we do as a team to really get to that next level?

2. How are you feeling about your season so far?

3. What is your pregame routine?

4. Is there any teammates superstitions that you have seen or almost interfered with?

5. Erik White, Budnik McDangle, and Brian Payne all were seen parading the streets of San Diego singing Christmas carols while very drunk after the win against Las Vegas, any thoughts?

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

1. Just win more games and as we all get better over the course of the season they will come!
2. I'm feeling much better as a goalie since the improvements
3. I just tap my pads then drink tap water. 
4. Haven't noticed kind of just more worried about my stats
5. Well at least It's not after like a championship win or anything, but just kind of embarrasing a little
6. Good question but technically yes

Week Ending December 12th, 2021

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE. Just message here or on discord if you have questions about this or claiming it.

1. What do you think this team needs to get to make us more of a contender?

2. Are we at the point where we sell for picks next season or go all in for this season and try to turn it around?

3. Who is the hardest player to play against at practice?

4. GM JB was again spotted at the San Diego Zoo, this time having what seemed like an urgent conversation with some dolphins. Thoughts?

5. If JB goes back to the Zoo do you have something you want him to tell the sea life there?

6. Does pineapple go on pizza?

Edited by TheNeonShaman

1. What do you think this team needs to get to make us more of a contender? I think we need to have more offensive chances. Need to put the puck in the net.

2. Are we at the point where we sell for picks next season or go all in for this season and try to turn it around? We shouldn't give up yet. We have a good team and I know we have a shot.

3. Who is the hardest player to play against at practice? Marshall Maxx. He likes to hit and he hits hard.

4. GM JB was again spotted at the San Diego Zoo, this time having what seemed like an urgent conversation with some dolphins. Thoughts? Must have been an important topic. Hopefully they weren't trying to hit on a dolphin.

5. If JB goes back to the Zoo do you have something you want him to tell the sea life there? Do you ever get thirsty? Just curious.

6. Does pineapple go on pizza? I don't personally think so, but I don't judge.

1. What do you think team needs to get to make us more of a contender?   We need to have better team scoring.  A few guys on the club are consistent but the rest of us need to produce. 

2. Are we at the point where we sell for picks next season or go all in for this season to try and turn it around?  I think its too early to say.  There are some great players on this club and we can hang with other top teams.  I'd give it more time.

3. Who is the hardest player to play against in practice?   Johnny Xavier.  Non stop motor and plays a hard game.

4. GM JB was again spot the San Diego Zoo, this time having was seemed like an urgent conversation with dolphins.  Thoughts?   He has issues. 

5. If JB goes back to the zoo do you have something you want him to tell the seal life there?   Yes,  "Have you seen Jimmy Hoffa?" 

6. Does Pineapple go on pizza?    No way.  

6 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

2. Are we at the point where we sell for picks next season or go all in for this season and try to turn it around?

4. GM JB was again spotted at the San Diego Zoo, this time having what seemed like an urgent conversation with some dolphins. Thoughts?

5. If JB goes back to the Zoo do you have something you want him to tell the sea life there?

1. I say just keep winning games
2. I don't think we should sell anything just work as a team
3. It's not hard when I'm the best gk
4. Oh well he's having some serious talks

5. Hm just tell them were going to win games for them
6. Nope

6 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

1. I think we just need to keep trying as hard as we possibly can.

2. I think we should keep the picks we have now and maybe get a better 1st round pick later.

3.Defiantly Christopher Young he is a great player so he is very hard to play against in practice.

4. I think he was just communicating to other sea animals.

5. I would want him to tell the fish that ErictheFish will come visit again soon.

6.No.

14 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

1. I think this team needs more depth on the second line. For me, it's been a struggle to see the second line offence struggle so much this season.

2. We have to go all in on offence or I feel like the Marlins will not challenge in the playoffs. I believe in the team, but it will take more competitiveness to take the championship.

3. It is 100% Tavish DeGroot. The man is a monster and clearly the best player on the team at the moment.

4. I think that GM JB is a wizard.

5. I want him to tell them that they are fishy.

6. If you want it to, why not?

On 12/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

1 idk i'm new

2 try and turn it around but don't go all in

3were all very skilled

4 Dolphins are upset were not the san diego dolphins

5 become a marlin

6 no, just, NO.

On 12/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

1. Maybe try different line combinations to see if anything clicks?

2. I think we still have time to turn it around.

3. Probably DeGroot, he's a tank.

4. JB is obviously telepathic.

5. Tell them to just keep swimming.

6. Perhaps controversial, but yes.

mac & cheese buffets and drake & josh watch parties

i don't think it's worth it. why sabotage the future of the franchise because we're at the bottom of the top half of the league

i hope people answer(ed) me. someday i'll be good

i prefer fish over mammals. boo dolphins

tell my brethren that i miss them. i hope the water is clean

no. vegetables, fungi, and cheese only

Week Ending December 19th, 2021

1. How do you feel about the team's performance coming into the trade deadline?

2. How do you feel about your player's performance coming into the trade deadline?

3. What is the best post game meal?

4. Johnny Xavier was seen being swarmed by women after a recent win. Thoughts? (and Johnny when you answer this what happened?)

5. Whatever NHL team you cheer for, how do you feel about their play recently?

6. What is your dream VHL team to play for?

1. How do you feel about the team's performance coming into the trade deadline? I think the team has been doing pretty well. There are some very strong teams in this league and I think we have been able to stand our ground against them.

2. How do you feel about your player's performance coming into the trade deadline? I think my player has played quite well. He isn't getting superstar numbers, but he is producing well and contributing to our wins.

3. What is the best post game meal? The best post game meal is some chicken alfredo. Heavy and puts me right to sleep.

4. Johnny Xavier was seen being swarmed by women after a recent win. Thoughts? (and Johnny when you answer this what happened?) Well, when fans want an autograph I need to deliver. They were just some fans of the team and they seemed to take a liking to me. Though, one of them asked me to go back to their place with their friends, but I had practice in the morning, so I told them maybe some other time.

5. Whatever NHL team you cheer for, how do you feel about their play recently? Sadly, I cheer for the Montreal Canadiens. With the injuries they have been getting all year, and just poor performance, I am hoping for any form of a spark that may help them crack a wild card spot.

6. What is your dream VHL team to play for? I would love to play for any team, but my dream team is the Helsinki Titans.

1.  I feel the team has been great.  Very tough division and I feel the Marlins have stayed tough throughout. 

2. My player has been on and off.  I am new and still trying to get TPE as fast as I can to improve.  I am defense first minded person so really am not concerned about high numbers but want to improve overall. 

3. Best post game meal is a Hot Fudge Sundae and unlimited Big Cup Reeses.

4. I heard those girls were actually looking for Brian Payne and thought Johnny knew where he was at.  

5. I cheer for the Edmonton Oilers and after the five game skid I haven't been too happy.

6. Any team that wants me.  

2. How do you feel about your player's performance coming into the trade deadline?

haha my player is doin kinda shit! theoretically she should not be doing as badly as she is since she's capped, but whatever.

mac and cheese is the best meal always. there are no conditions under which it is not the best meal.

the LOS ANGELES STARS! @rory

On 12/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

4. Johnny Xavier was seen being swarmed by women after a recent win. Thoughts? (and Johnny when you answer this what happened?)

1. I think the team is on the right track, but we have to start shooting better in the stretch.

2. Marshall Maxx has been a real contributor on the team and has been devastating to opposing players, but his assists number is somewhat disappointing when considering his on point passing.

3. Bricks. For strength. 

4. I think Johnny handled it in a very professional way, and showed a real commitment to the team by being ready for practice the next day.

5. The Red Wings have been very fun this season. Overall, they have been at the least fun to watch!

6. I'm right where I want to be in Riga. I'm hyped to play for the future champs with some of my good friends.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

last week's presser but I think it still makes sense for this week.

1. I think that team can join the playoffs as a strong underdog and its something that can be favorable for us!

2. 0 games played! Only time will tell but I don't really care about my stats as a waiver claim, I came here to add depth to an underdog and participate in the locker room.

3. A poutine! especially the arena ones *drool*

4. Focus on the game! Playoffs are coming!

5. Habs so.... next topic lol

6. Malmo of course!

Week Ending December 26th, 2021

1. How do you feel about the team now that Scotty and Igor in the locker room now?

2. What's your favorite Christmas tradition (or if you don't celebrate it what's your favorite tradition around this time?)

3. How are you spending the holiday break?

4. Are you excited for 2022?

5. Thoughts on the frontrunners to get Chychrun being the Flames and Bruins?

6. Would you rather play tic tac toe or rock paper scissors to win a million dollars?

1. How do you feel about the team now that Scotty and Igor in the locker room now?

Well I can only speak for myself, but I am super happy to be part of this team here in San Diego! It feels like we have a great squad here and I'm happy to contribute any way  I can!

2. What's your favorite Christmas tradition (or if you don't celebrate it what's your favorite tradition around this time?)

So on Dec 23rd and Dec 24th my friends and I always have a board game tournament. It's a marathon of a bunch of different board games, but its a ton of fun. It starts in just a few hours, I can't wait!

So like I just mentioned, on the 23rd-24th I am over at my best friends moms place, they are like my second family, was always close with them growing up so I am there for a couple days playing board games, watching movies and having Christmas dinner. And then on Christmas day I goto my moms and we just watch movies and have dinner. Then it's back to work on Boxing Day.

I wouldn't say I am excited for it, but it's whatever lol. Kinda feels like I am just going through the motions right now. COVID never seems to wanna just piss off, so there's restrictions at my work again which effects my hours. So yeah everything's kind of just meh.

I thought Chychrun was gonna be a stud in fantasy hockey this season. He gets a ton of hits and blocked shots. But it's hard for him to look good playing on the awful Coyotes' team. Hopefully Calgary gets him and not Boston :D

6. Would you rather play tic tac toe or rock paper scissors to win a million dollars?

Great quesiton. Probably rock paper scissiors. It's more random, but there's also a chance to get into your opponent's head mentally. Tic Tac Toe I feel I'd just fuck up somehow.

1. How do you feel about the team now that  Scotty and Igor in the locker room now?

I feel pretty good about the team. We just got stronger and new faces can spark a flame in us.

I don’t really have a tradition, but I love getting to see my family.

By doing nothing and eating too much food.

4. Are you excited for 2022? Yes I am. Let’s hope it’s better than 2021.

Good for them I guess. Both teams would benefit adding him to their lineup, but I don’t think it would immediately make them a larger contender for the cup.

Tic Tac Toe. I can’t leave it to chance.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:07 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending December 26th, 2021

1. I feel like the team is a lot more well rounded with Scotty and Igor here. I think it really fills in the holes of the team and could make us a lot scarier to go against in the playoffs.

2. Listening to Morshu's Paradise. Absolute classic. Also eating cool food.

3. I'm just hanging out with a break from a lot of work. I still do a lot of more fun stuff just to get myself going, but mostly just relaxing.

4. I don't really get being excited for a new year, but I'm excited for what's to come in the near future!

5. Go Red Wings! Honestly I don't really care about the NHL besides the Red Wings rn, but they have been awesome to watch this year.

6. Umm, depends who I am playing against. If they seem pretty smart, rock paper scissors. Otherwise, tic tac toe.

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending 1/2/2022 (Happy New Year!)

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. How was your holidays? 
2. What are you looking forward to in 2022? 
3. How can we finish strong this last sim and go deep in the playoffs?

4. Are you satisfied with your player’s performance this season?

5. Who has been the MVP of the team, in your opinion? 
6. Things you enjoy doing this time of year? 

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Johnny_HX@Jordan Messier@CSkams15@Laflamme@COLLINz@boatsinking123@EMoney002@Dom@fromtheinside@MubbleFubbles@Jake Sumner@Charlie22@pepsimarble@Scurvy@lemonan@Underclass_Hero@Ekky@rory@fishy@dustywilson22

40 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Let’s Go Marlins! @ErictheFish@Johnny_HX@Jordan Messier@CSkams15@Laflamme@COLLINz@boatsinking123@EMoney002@Dom@fromtheinside@MubbleFubbles@Jake Sumner@Charlie22@pepsimarble@Scurvy@lemonan@Underclass_Hero@Ekky@rory@fishy@dustywilson22

1. They were cool. Pretty chill altogether, nothing too exciting but it was nice to have a break.

2. Having possession of my bean bag. Where I am now is lacking a bean bag. 

3. The answer is finding a good rhythm and having every single one of our lines firing on all cylinders. With the teams that we will play in the playoffs this year, it's going to take an entire team effort to win.

4. Marshall Maxx has shown improvement, and that's for sure. However, I would like to see more hits in the future. As he moves to the VHLE, I expect him to put more effort into his bread and butter of slamming others into the boards.

5. In my opinion, it has to be Maxwell Mathias. He has shown the most growth and effort through the season, and he will be vital to our success in the playoffs.

6. During this time of year, I like just walking around while it is lightly snowing. In a warm jacket, it's kinda nice when it snows.

1.  Hollidays were great!  My three year old had a blast and it was so fun to see her excited for Santa.

2.  I am looking forward to a happy and healthy year.  AND!  For a San Diego Marlins championship playoff!

3.  I think we have hit a good groove going into the playoffs.  Solid lines and defense is playing great.  

4. No not really.  I am a beginner and still learning the ins and outs.  My dman has improved but still along way from the likes of Degroot and the other solid Man on the club. 

5. 4 way tie for Degroot, Matthius, Eklund, and Maxx on defense.   Great numbers and solid defense throughout the year. (I am bias for defenseman!). lol

6. I like to snowshoe, watch hockey, and some sledding with kiddo

5 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. It was awesome for me and enjoyed spending time with my family.
2. just getting a better job hopefully and just being happier
3. We just need to come together and pick up some wins
4. Eh wish It was better, but I'm only getting better as time goes on so I'm content thats for sure
5. dont know the team well sorry
6. I enjoy just spending time with my gf