San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

What’s your favourite movie? 

The Da Vinci Code

Whats the reason you made your player be playing it’s position? It’s the position I played in real life 

Do you have season goals set for yourself? If so how are you making out on them yea I do. I wanted a 20 goal season and I think I am in solid pace for that. 

If you had to choose a number for your player what would you pick? 76 or 80

is Thad the worlds best boss? Should we look at getting him a mug for his hard work this season? Most definitely the guy has helped me out a ton. 

can we improve our discord LR activity and maybe add things to get closer together? What’s your suggestion on more engagement from each other? Maybe like hockey trivia in the server. 

8 hours ago, Prout said:

Presser time!! 

What’s your favourite movie? 

This is a tough one! I love movies, and watch a ton! I would say that I could easily watch and re-watch Avatar (the blue people one) and A Quiet Place on repeat.

Whats the reason you made your player be playing it’s position? 

I didn't grow up around hockey, but as I got older and started loving the sport I really wanted to be a goalie.

Do you have season goals set for yourself? If so how are you making out on them

My goal is to build a solid foundation for SDM. We have a lot of young players in, and some key players that are growing quickly. It's working out about as well as I expected, and I'm proud of everyone!

If you had to choose a number for your player what would you pick?

is Thad the worlds best boss? Should we look at getting him a mug for his hard work this season?

I appreciate this question ha! I picked up my "World's Best GM" mug at Spencer's Gifts, so I'm one step ahead of you :D 

can we improve our discord LR activity and maybe add things to get closer together? What’s your suggestion on more engagement from each other?

I'd love to see our LR activity go up. I try to engage with people as much as possible. I'm really open to any ideas!

16 hours ago, Prout said:

Presser time!! 

Magic Mike

It’s the best damn position in hockey

to be the best damn center and defender in hockey

1 million

is Thad the worlds best boss? Should we look at getting him a mug for his hard work this season?

He needs a keg. Mugs are for pussys

can we improve our discord LR activity and maybe add things to get closer together? What’s your suggestion on more engagement from each other?

On 1/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, thadthrasher said:

On 1/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, Prout said:

Presser time!! 

Happy Gilmore

It’s what I play in real life mostly

My goal was to be over 1 ppg, so far I’m doing well on that

Hes great, very encouraging towards the new guys 

Look at the Miami LR, they’ve got a bunch of different places to discuss thing like gaming, the league, etc..

On 1/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, Prout said:

Presser time!! 

Jurassic Park

I figured the loch ness monster would be best at defense, because she is strong, thicc, and quick. Nessie is aggressive and oh so sneaky.

My goal is to not lose. I'm trying to keep up with my TPE each week, luckily I live with the GM so he reminds me. 

00 would be the best number for Nessie. It's not quite a number, but it kinda is. Just like Nessie is not real, but she kinda is🤔

Is Thad the worlds best boss? Should we look at getting him a mug for his hard work this season?

Do I fear Thad or love Thad? Both. I'm afraid of how much I love him. So yes, I can not think of anyone who deserves a mug more. 

Can we improve our discord LR activity and maybe add things to get closer together? What’s your suggestion on more engagement from each other?

I think there could be some more LR activity for sure. Maybe interesting fact/get to know you questions like these could be asked in the LR. 

Edited by LuluSalesAway

Presser time!! 

Rugrats go to paris

center has always been my favorite postion since i was little espically a scoring center 

my season goal is to help the team anyway i can as a rookie, since i just got signed ill find out in the next couple days if i have put in the help i can

1. cause to me number 1 means more than just saying one player is great number 1 to me means that you will put everything on the line for your team to show how dedicated you are and will do anything for the team to help them

Is Thad the worlds best boss? Should we look at getting him a mug for his hard work this season?

Do I fear Thad or love Thad? Both. I'm afraid of how much I love him. So yes, I can not think of anyone who deserves a mug more. 

Can we improve our discord LR activity and maybe add things to get closer together? What’s your suggestion on more engagement from each other?

since im a rookie i dont know much but my two cents into discord is more of a add a team section for chat either by voice or by just typeing so say like for my team we would get a chat room of our own so that only players and staff can join and second a vhlpa and a vhlsm to discord the vhlpa is where only players can go and chat ammungest each other we and one of the players from the league can be the head spokes person that can be voted every season the commision and other gms choose/vote for 4-5 players that the vhl players then vote on thouse 4 and the vhl hockey player that gets the most votes becomes the vhlpa head for the season note that the vhlpa can rerun so when the 1st vhl is indroduced the new vhlsm standing for vhlstaffmeetings the vhlsm will have to choose the next 3 to run against the current vhlpa head 

nhlpa head jobs:1. disscuss with players in the discord thier issues and actions towrds the vhl 

2.be a important part to try to convince the vhlsm to increase wages and stuff like that

3.last is what ever the rest of the players think should be added that the vhlpa head jobs should be

vhlsm priorities: members are only the comission, high staff, and all gms from the vhlm and vhl

1.vote for expansion teams

2.vote on salries

3.vote on salary cap

4.vote on how many players are in the all star

5.and what ever the gms and staff think the vhlsm priorityes should be

:sdm:San Diego Marlins Press Conference:sdm:

Week ending 7 Feb 2021

1. We've made some big trades lately to pick up some early picks in the upcoming draft. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Looking at how your player has been doing, what are you thinking?

3. The goal of the VHLM is to develop new players. Do you think this is happening for you? If not, why?

4. If you could pick the VHL team that you would play for later on, what team would it be?

5. Last week we asked what your favorite movie was. So, what's your favorite TV Show?

6. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Bonus-
7. What do you think about the hiring of our new AGM @Spence King?

Edited by thadthrasher

1 hour ago, thadthrasher said:

Week ending 7 Feb 2021

1. We've made some big trades lately to pick up some early picks in the upcoming draft. What are your thoughts on this?

3. The goal of the VHLM is to develop new players. Do you think this is happening for you? If not, why?

4. If you could pick the VHL team that you would play for later on, what team would it be?

5. Last week we asked what your favorite movie was. So, what's your favorite TV Show?

1. I think it is a good thing, we can build on this and go on from here

2. I have been doing great, I’ve faced a lot of shots and stopped many of them. A lot better than last year.

3. yes I do have been a lot better than last year. I think I will take the next step in the coming years.

4. I would be fine with any.

5. spongebob

6. 5

3 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

Week ending 7 Feb 2021

It makes sense. Sometimes trades happen. 

I think Nessie is very aggressive and I'm happy she has made some good moves.

I think so. 

I haven't really looked into the other teams enough to decided.

The Office

As much as their lil arms could handle.

Bonus-

Don't know him, but pumped to get the chance. 

my thoughts on this is that this is good to get young talent even though I'm part of this seasons draft and i think this is a try out contract for me to see how i will do in the beginning  i do hope im one of these teams picks if no expansion comes along that is

new to the vhl still learning some of the tpe stuff but like press confrences and stuff dont have a mic yet to do stuff to earn 6 point tpe so at the moment im doing both practices and welfare for the moment.

i think it will if i can figure out how the pay works like do i get it in tpe or the cash and spend the cash every week to earn tpe and can i spend it on the same thing once a week

4. If you could pick the VHL team that you would play for later on, what team would it be?:

if my post still stays hot in the suggestions im hoping it will be pittsburgh that gets a team and me either being the gm or agm as it is my suggestion or it will be nice to be playing for that vhl team but if not i don't really care where i get drafted to i just hope i can help the team in any way possible 

5. Last week we asked what your favorite movie was. So, what's your favorite TV Show?:

cartoons in general yes I'm a adult but now a days you see adults like cartoons more

2 or more wins in a row would be a nice chuck this week

Bonus-
7. What do you think about the hiring of our new AGM @Spence King?

dont know much about him as im new but if the gm trust him i do to 

On 2021-02-01 at 10:15 AM, thadthrasher said:

We've made some big trades lately to pick up some early picks in the upcoming draft. What are your thoughts on this?

I like the fact that the team is looking for the future, I think it's a good thing

My player haven't played a game yet, but I really look forward to it

I think it certainly will, but as I said earlier, my player hasn't played a game yet

London, because I really like the city of London and the logo of the team is cool

The office

Whaaaaaaat

Bonus-

I don't really know him, but if the team thought it was the right thing to do, then I think it's a good move

Edited Monday at 11:55 AM by thadthrasher

Week ending 14 Feb 2021

1. The trade deadline is coming up on the 15th. Do you think there will be some big trades coming along?

2. Theme week has been announced, are you planning on doing something for it? What?

3. The reality should be setting in that we aren't going to be competing for the cup this season. How does that make you feel?

4. Keeping in mind our losing streak, do you think we can build up from here in the coming season?

5. If you could back to any age, what would it be and why?

6. It can be discouraging when a team loses frequently. I don't want to see this discourage anyone. What can I do to help?

1. The trade deadline is coming up on the 15th. Do you think there will be some big trades coming along?

yes but i think what wee need to focus on is getting our number draft pick back. but also we need more right wings and higher level defenders .

2. Theme week has been announced, are you planning on doing something for it? What? 

that's hard to say i need something that will give me 6 tpe but i can manage to do this week

3. The reality should be setting in that we aren't going to be competing for the cup this season. How does that make you feel? this does not bother me nut i will say this that even if im not drafted by this team my only request is for this team is to draft well and make the most of the trades try to earn to get back the 1st pick but this is just me and if im not drafted to this team i want o thank the gm and agm and my teamates for giving me a chance to try out.

4. Keeping in mind our losing streak, do you think we can build up from here in the coming season?

if we draft right and get the first pick and trade for more rw and defenders this will be a good start to making this team a great team just need to make sure players are also constaly on here trying to get tpe to upgrade thier players

if i had to say 7-8  im 22 now but the reason 7-8 is  to tell my self and family whats it like now

6. It can be discouraging when a team loses frequently. I don't want to see this discourage anyone. What can I do to help? we need more signings of rw and better defense and mabey a 3rd center we have more lw then rw right now and thats effecting us i think with the postions alsowe need to try to get our draft pick back just in case we do end up being the first pick thats what i think even the rw/lw so we have even postions in the forward and mabey another center

6 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

Week ending 14 Feb 2021

I’m gonna guess yes, but I’m new to all of this so I don’t fully know what’s going on sometimes. 

2. Theme week has been announced, are you planning on doing something for it? What?

Yes! I love me a good theme. I haven’t planned out what I’m going to do yet though. 

3. The reality should be setting in that we aren't going to be competing for the cup this season. How does that make you feel?

I feel fine. Excited to try harder for next season. 

Yea we can always improve. Just got to work hard for that TPE. 

I wouldn’t really want to go back in age, I like how things are right now, being married to the most handsome and amazing man. 

6. It can be discouraging when a team loses frequently. I don't want to see this discourage anyone. What can I do to help?
I can’t think of anything in particular. You’re doing a great job! 

Edited by LuluSalesAway

22 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

I don't know, it's up to our gm to make those decisions, but I'm not worried that he will do everything in his power to make our team better

I don't really know what it is, but I'll start to work on it as soon as I learn more about it

I'm not really in a position to criticize our season as I only played 2 games with the team, but I would have like to participate in the playoffs

Obviously, I think our group of players will learn a lot from this season

I'm okay with my age now, I'm entering the upcoming draft and I'm really excited about it

Again, I'm not in a position to criticize anyone of my teammates or the front office

On 2/8/2021 at 1:22 PM, thadthrasher said:

Week ending 14 Feb 2021

• The only trades that Aldwin Craig is thinking about it the trading of Fists this next game.

• I think im going to do some winter camping deep in the woods and get some alone time.

• Pretty bummed but the team is looking good and making strides toward a great future!

• Most definitely! We have a great GM working for us.

• Probably 5. Everything is better when you're 5.

• Continue being a friendly face of The Marlins

Week ending 21 Feb 2021

1. As you are growing as a player, what is your favorite Point Task to do? Why?

2. Which Point Task is your least favorite to do? Why?

3. We are at the point in the season where GMs will be looking at people to draft. Is there anywhere you'd like to be drafted to? 

4. If you have been drafted already and you are in SDM, are you looking to stay?

5. Sunday was Valentine's Day. What's your favorite candy?

6. Who is your favorite band/artist to listen to?

14 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Press Conference. The questions are fun and I like to answer it

None. I don't know any tasks that are boring to make

3. We are at the point in the season where GMs will be looking at people to draft. Is there anywhere you'd like to be drafted to? 

London. The city is awesome and the logo of the team looks really good

4. If you have been drafted already and you are in SDM, are you looking to stay?

*Not drafted yet

Reese's

Bon Jovi🤘

favorite is articles cause they are easy to do and i get to update people on my stats.

I've not seen any i dislike but if i had to choose the 500 words one cause i have to keep counting my words to see if I reach the criteria of it wish they would have a word counter for you.

3. We are at the point in the season where GMs will be looking at people to draft. Is there anywhere you'd like to be drafted to? anywhere is fine but if Pittsburgh gets a team i would love to go there and play for them

i have not been drafter but if i was draft by sdm and saying to stay that would depend on two things 1 the major is i will leave if Pittsburgh gets a team and 2nd less so but if a great trade that the gm thinks is great and includes me i will have to leave but if neither of those criteria is meet I'm staying at least for a while

any and all but if i had to choose one reese cups

I don't really have a favorite i like any and all music.

1 hour ago, thadthrasher said:

Week ending 21 Feb 2021

I actually really like these press conferences. It doesn't take too long, makes you think a bit more about your player/how you are doing, AND then I read my other teammates answers to get to know them more.

I guess it would be trivia, which I haven't even done any to get TPE because I don't know any of the answers.

Nope. I'm going with the flow.  

Yes? I'm not sure how anything works, but I like being in the San Diego Marlins.

There are ALOT of candies I like... ONE of my favs is Crunch/Krackel chocolate bars.

Another impossible question... There are too many genres to choose one singular favorite. ONE of my favorites is NF. If anyone has not listened to his album The Search, go do it RIGHT NOW.

Edited by LuluSalesAway

just joined the team! on my way to San Diego on a plane. I'm a welfare guy though, but podcasts are definitely my favorite.

Everything besides podcasting.

Davos. I wouldn't accept any other team.

I guess we'll see, lots of hockey to play before that though.

Hmm, I'd say Tupla chocolate bar.

I hate to choose one singular band, but Rammstein is still the best, no one tops them. I listen to variety of genres.