San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

1. Happy New Year Marlins! It's 2023 and we're so close to winning. Do you think we'll have another sweep in the finals?

Idk Im not trying to jinx but I want it to happen but it prolly wont i dont think so. They are a really good team and I dont think it will happen.

2. Does your player have any new years resolutions?

Just to get better all I would say 

3. What is your favorite form of content you produced in 2022?

My playoff predictions I have always loved tbh.

4. We found out the WJC GMs last week. Do you think you'll get picked to play?

Idk it depends if they see my skill or not so yea.

5. What's one thing you want to work on personally in the VHL in 2023?

I would like to work on my GMing skills as I am going to be a GM of the ProAm Giza Pharaohs.

6. How did you ring in the new year?

I am very confused by what you mean by that but I woukld say that I did have a great New Year. Lots of fun happened, so yea.

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

1. Happy New Year Marlins! It's 2023 and we're so close to winning. Do you think we'll have another sweep in the finals?

1. You know what, I think we will sweep!  I am feeling good about it.

2. Win the Founders Cup with the Marlins and hopefully bring some hype to the Geneva Rush locker room!

3. This one.  Seemed to receive some attention.

giphy.gif

4. Absolutely not lol Leonard is Canadian so he is in a packed class and not yet noticeable.

5. I have so many graphics planned so I need to get that going!  Once I've made my way through my idea's, I want to make some graphics for other people players.

6. Baby went to sleep at 10pm so we were sleeping at midnight lol

5 hours ago, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

I can't say I'm expecting another sweep. Ottawa is a good team, could be anyone's victory.

Trying to maintain a decent income of TPE. Last year there was a period where I dropped some opportunities for it.

I didn't really produce any content. I uploaded one video to Youtube but it's not VHL or even hockey related.

Nah. There's no chance I get picked, my player is too old.

I wanna try my hand at some media spots or something. Only issue is I don't really know what to right about.

Watched an extremely 80's movie with my dad.

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

1. Happy New Year! I don't know if it'll be a sweep, but never say never!
2. Justin Lion isn't really focused on new year's resolutions, just the road ahead as a player.
3. I think the first and one of the only times I managed to get a full week was pretty exciting. I know that doesn't entirely answer the question but I don't know graphics and stuff, I think I'm gonna be doing a lot more hopefully this year.
4. Depends on how many American goalies there are, always a chance.
5. I want to get more full weeks this year, and I hope to work on time management in all aspects.

6. College basketball game in the earlier times and Mario Kart at night with friends. :) I learned blue shell dodges!

On 1/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, aimkin said:

Ya'll know the drill:

well I wrote too late lol and we did not sweep but we won at home in 5

My extreme goal is to get the rookie of the season trophy in the VHL

I think my graphic are kinda meh but I must say I enjoy them especially my first one, third season and big game 

I got picked to play for Team Asia as a supplemental pick from Canada

I want to work on a San Diego alumni or a Quebec/Montreal team in any League 

I was with my family 

Not a sweep no, but were the favorites coming in.  I think Ottawa was one of our tougher match ups this season. 

I wouldn't say I have a specific new years resolution, there are things I am working on and have been working on though.

Not a big content producer so I guess I'll just say one of the only things I remember posting, which was that meme of Obama giving himself a medal, which I posted under Spartan's review of his draft.

Yes, who could refuse taking a Kardashian on their team?  

I duno, I think I am doing just fine as is.

I was in bed by like 10:30, I was so dang tired.

WEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIIEEEEEEENDS!

1. We are the S86 Founders Cup Winners! How the hell are you all feeling??

2. How do you feel about your playoff performance?

3. If you're leaving us for the E, where are you going??? If you're not, are you excited to be sticking around???

4. What is your favorite accomplishment from this season?

5. What are you working on during the off season?

6. If you could rename any VHLM team, who would it be and to what?

4 minutes ago, aimkin said:

3. If you're leaving us for the E, where are you going??? If you're not, are you excited to be sticking around???

1.  Feelin great!  Didn't think it would be so exciting but it is!  AS you play through the season remember, defending cup champions.  Marlins got that swagger now.

2.  Felt good!  Played like the regular season so it would have been nice to up the game a bit but we were stacked so everyone did their part.

3.  I am heading to the Geneva Rush as well as now AGM'ing the Houston Bulls so I am leaving but staying in a way!  Marlins will be tough to beat!

4.  The Founders Cup of course!  I was happy to see that a lot of people liked my rendition of it as well!

5.  Couple more Marlins graphics, jersey and logo for Team Canada for the WJC as well as for the Geneva Rush.  Couple things for the Bulls as well now!  Working on the Renaissance Cup model too!  Trying to get ahead a bit this off-season.

6.  Philadelphia Grouse!  It is their state bird after all and we could probably get a better logo out of it than the Reaper one.  Plus,. I am sure Lemorse and Piffer would love it!

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Great! It was a hell of a season and I'm really looking forward to next season as well.

Solid. I'm not the highest scorer by any means but I played my part on the back end.

I'm still not sure about the E but a second season here in San Diego sounds pretty damn good.

It has to be coming back from 3-1 in the playoffs. I think we all were a little nervous for a minute.

I'm going to eat a lot of hot dogs and try to be the first player to break 250 lbs. 

Milwaukee Megalodon
Milwaukee's Best Arena
Slogan: "Stay Jawsome!"

There's so much potential here! It wouldn't matter much which team was renamed. I'd like to bring this to life.

3 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

I'm still not sure about the E but a second season here in San Diego sounds pretty damn good.

can confirm that since the TPE cutoff was yesterday and you were not at 200 TPE at the time, that you will be eligible to play in the VHLM next season. If you want to move on to the E however, they're usually lenient with anyone who hits 200 shortly after the deadline.

42 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

can confirm that since the TPE cutoff was yesterday and you were not at 200 TPE at the time, that you will be eligible to play in the VHLM next season. If you want to move on to the E however, they're usually lenient with anyone who hits 200 shortly after the deadline.

Got it! Well, I suppose another season in the M will make me more competitive once I make it to the E. I’ll definitely be sticking with the Marlins for another season. Thanks for clearing that up, Jacob.

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

I am feeling pretty good about that, really happy to have been apart of bringing home the cup.

Obviously wish I was able to do more for us, but I am just happy we all had a part in winning the cup.

Headed to Rome, hoping I can make an impact in that league but still sad to leave the Marlins.

Having so many hits taken, eventually I wanna be able keep possession through anything whether it's a hit or stick checking.

I'm GMing for a couple teams in off-season tournaments as well as gonna be getting my first media spot. Just not sure what to write about yet.

I'm not sure what team specifically, but I'd rename it to something like "The Playoffers" or something stupid like that lol. 

5 hours ago, aimkin said:

1. WE DA CHAMPS! It's a great feeling. :) Sad I won't be seeing a lot of y'all though.
2. I think I did what I needed to do and that's all I can say. I did enough to keep us in.
3. I believe I'll be going to Cologne next season, I'll be excited to see what I can do there.

4. I'm just happy to have got a couple shutouts to show than I can do it, and win the whole thing with everyone.

5. A GM persona... lol

6. I don't know which team I would change, but I'd want one to be named after equipment like "The Ice Skates" or "The Pucks"

On 1/9/2023 at 11:04 AM, aimkin said:

LIKE THE WORLD IS REVOLVING AROUND THE MARLINS BABY! LETS GOOO!

In my 2 games I had a .933 SV% so I don't think I did bad at all for my first playoff birth!

I am kinda doing both I am almost ready to play for the E and I am also about to get drafted by a VHL team as they have already been hitting me up!

I got 3 words for ya! THAT DAM CUP!

My TPE and my GM skills

The Halifax team and I would change it to the Tigers!

San Diego Marlins Press Conference (Week of January 22nd, 2023)

Answer 3 for 1TPE, 6 for 2!

1. Although we've had to say goodbye to a lot of Marlins legends this offseason as they move on, how are you feeling about being a Marlin this season?

2. It is a tough feat to win back to back championships, what do you think we will need to be able to accomplish this?

3. What is one thing you hope to gain from this season?

4. What is something good that has happened to you so far this month?

5. What sport other than hockey do you think your player would excel at?

6. If you could have 1 food right now, what would it be?

2 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Although we've had to say goodbye to a lot of Marlins legends this offseason as they move on, how are you feeling about being a Marlin this season?

2. It is a tough feat to win back to back championships, what do you think we will need to be able to accomplish this?

1. I'm feeling great about being a Marlin this season.

2. Brad Marchand is all we need.

3. Leadership experience.

4. Joining VHL

5. I think Marchand would excel at any MMA sport.

6. PASTAH

4 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Absolutely Great! If I was a Marlin lol. I see the Marlins are gonna be good this year! Might be challenging for me to face em! but I believe that we will win against yall.

I cant but I I think SSK will have a good chance to do so! Same with the Marlins this year I mean yall kinda stacked but we'll see

A very good reputation at Goalie and to show that I am actually ready for the E.

I got Drafted 2nd Overall to the E and I was so surprised and happy! I also went 22nd in the VHL to sooo yea!

Futbol as he is a Goalie and playing GK in futbol might go well with him because of his flexibility and his diving lol.

Any type of candy from snickers to sour patch kids tbh.

Everybody this will be probably my last time doing a presser for the marlins if really needed to! So thanks for all that has happened and I wish to see ya next year! S87 "LETS GET THIS SHOW ON TEH ROAD!"- Stefan Norris (Definitely did not copy this from someone lol)

Edited by Elman Diablo

6 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1.  I'm feeling very good, especially after getting swept by the Marlins last season.

2. I think just solid play in general. Can't let anything slip.

3. I'm hoping to prove myself, after the JST I think I can do that.

4. Got back into playing hockey.

5. Calcio! Obviously.

6. New York Style Pizza

On 1/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

It’s always good to be a Marlin.

We have all the right pieces already but we’ll still need good earners and a little bit of luck.

Another championship!

I took my oldest ice skating for the first time. It was great!

Judo.

I could eat three or four spicy crab rolls right about now.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:22 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

1. I'm excited. It's finally a chance to show my qualities and abilities. I never got a shot in Ottawa and thats no shot towards them. They're a great organization and I learned a lot in my time there. Now, it's my time to shine.

2. A lot of puck luck, determination and hard work. We can definitely do this if we set our minds to it.

3. Experience and honestly, playing a game. I'm sure I will.

4. Arsenal FC are first in the table so, I'll take that.

5. Probably footie.

6. Oh eggs would be killer. I'm also writing this at 8:30 am right now.

Happy Monday Marlins! 

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Now that the draft is a week old, how are you feeling about how Jacob did with drafting this season?

2. What is a goal you have for your player this season?

3. Is there a VHL member that you look up to?

4. Are you going welfare + or are you planning on creating content for the forum?

5. How often do you read or interact with the forum content?

6. What is your desktop/laptop background?

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Happy Monday Marlins! 

1. Now that the draft is a week old, how are you feeling about how Jacob did with drafting this season?

4. Are you going welfare + or are you planning on creating content for the forum?

1. I think he did a job. We will know if it's good in 2 weeks time.

2. Stand on my head every single night baby.

3. @Acydburnbecause he's got chizzled abs.

4. Who knows really. Could be random.

5. I cba anymore. I used to. Maybe it would be nice if I did again.

6. Picture of my dog, my wife and myself.

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

Happy Monday Marlins! 

1. I'm pretty satisfied. Though to be fair he did draft me so I may be a little biased.

2. Just to be able to contribute in scoring.

3. @a_Ferk

4. Usually I create content for the forum. I dont expect that to change.

5. Somewhat often.

6. A picture of the Los Angeles skyline.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:57 AM, aimkin said:

Happy Monday Marlins! 

I think he did well. We have all the pieces we need to win another championship.

Win a second championship with San Diego!

There's been a handful of members who've really helped me out but no one more than, Jacob. Thanks, man.

4. Are you going welfare + or are you planning on creating content for the forum? I'm looking at a welfare + career with some media spots sprinkled in. There's a few articles/guides that I'd like to write up.

I'm pretty active. I like to log in daily.

It's an abstract painting of statues in the desert that are being hit with intense winds and turning into sand.

Good Monday Morning Marlins!

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE

1. How do you feel after your first week of the season?

2. Anything specific you want to work to improve on?

3. How do you feel about your TPE earnings this season?

4. If you could give any one player a free week of TPE, who would it be?

5. What's your player's favorite pre-game meal?

6. Do anything fun this past weekend?