Teeny tiny free agency preview

Enorama

I was kind of surprised nobody's taken a run at this yet, because this year's free agency class is actually pretty interesting.

First; the biggest players by TPE

(S64) RW - Matthew Materazo Prague 984
(S64) C - John Madden HC Davos 867
(S65) C - Orion Slade Seattle 717
(S65) C - Teagan Glover Toronto 630
(S65) C - Anthony Matthews Riga 601
(S67) RW - ACL TEAR Riga 597

We have a few inactives, one former inactive returned to inactivity, and Robbie. No offense to anyone on that list, but for the "upper end" of free agency, that's pretty weak. I expect Matthews to re-sign in Riga, Robbie to make a big spectacle* over which team he's going to, and the inactives to go... wherever.

*he'll be the only one actually paying any attention to the spectacle. This isn't the S50s Robert, we have more than 20 active members, so most storylines go unnoticed, especially when they're orchestrated by a cock.

There are a few other interesting players a little deeper into the list, for example;

(S67) D - Kevin Low New York 597

Low is actually tied in TPE with TEAR, but TEAR's user has been Taken, so he's no longer updating. Low is also the first dman on the list, and I expect he'll have a fair amount of wooers.

(S64) C - Mark Gebauer  

Up until a couple days ago, Gebauer was on Prague, but then was bought out. Is this the sad end of the line for this 500+ TPE inactive?

(S67) C - Zeno Miniti Prague

Last I saw, this man was actually active, but I'm guessing he isn't any longer if he's still sitting under 400 TPE three full seasons removed from his VHL draft.

286 words. Yeah it's a shitty article, sue me, I only need it for the uncapped.

Materazo has a year of contract

EDIT: He is still showing on the FA screen for some reason. I'm assuming because that final year was Mutual Option and NTC that he hasn't been around to respond to. Not sure how that works exactly since he isn't here

Edited by diamond_ace

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Weird, your finances have that marked, but the portal still has him listed under upcoming free agents.

Just now, Enorama said:

Weird, your finances have that marked, but the portal still has him listed under upcoming free agents.

Yep check the edit. Mutual option that is picked up on my end up not his, and NTC he wasn't around to waive from Malmo. Since he's not here to do those, not sure what happens

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

EDIT: He is still showing on the FA screen for some reason. I'm assuming because that final year was Mutual Option and NTC that he hasn't been around to respond to. Not sure how that works exactly since he isn't here

when I got traded to Riga and I was inactive. It waived my NTC and my option along with it. I'm not sure if it was supposed to do that but they both got lost at the same time.

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

It would be negated and hed stay on your team.

Yeah Materazo shouldnt be a FA.

From the Rule Book:

Any option must be agreed upon before the start of Free Agency or the player will hit the Free Agent Market. For an inactive player with a Player Option the team may pick up or decline the option for them.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

From the Rule Book:

Any option must be agreed upon before the start of Free Agency or the player will hit the Free Agent Market. For an inactive player with a Player Option the team may pick up or decline the option for them.

Then I pick up the option

• Admin
3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

@Commissioner @Admin can we get a ruling? Materazo has ntc and his half of a mutual option, but is not here to exercise either.

The problem is, with a last post of December 20th, he does not qualify for the 30-day inactive rule.

I would personally let it slide given how close he is and the headache otherwise (Malmo can't trade him then and they need to, to be cap-compliant). But @Beaviss/ @Beketov's call.

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Victor said:

The problem is, with a last post of December 20th, he does not qualify for the 30-day inactive rule.

I would personally let it slide given how close he is and the headache otherwise (Malmo can't trade him then and they need to, to be cap-compliant). But @Beaviss/ @Beketov's call.

Given that he has informed us he’s stepping away and how tight it is I’m fine with this ruling.