TPE Re-Scale: Let's Propose This Idea for the Hundredth Time (Part Two)

ColeMrtz

So I spent the time I probably should have used finishing my CS project writing up a new TPA scale for skaters, and left it as a part one. Part 2 is going to be covering goalies, and reworking their TPA scale. I'm not going to give you the whole in depth analysis I did with players, highlighting the stats the SimonT put high and what was left alone, because I'd be highlighting everything. Just for shits and giggles I'll show you one goalie and you can see what I'm talking about. 

80+ // 90+ // 95+ // 99

Marc-Andre Fleury

SK   SZ   AG   RB   SC   HS   RT   PC   PS   EX   LD

91   73   92    90   91   90   91   81   78   76   80

(I'm assuming PC is PH on the STHS client as it's the only thing that differs)

3 attributes below 80s and only 5 below 90s. It's a little out there. However, we don't necessarily need to reign goalies in all that much, generally goalies struggle in the VHL and have been left to the sims mercy (or lack thereof). Few portal-era goalies (and even before) have crossed that 1000 TPE threshold, but as much as I'd like for that to factor into how I create the scale, at the end of the day everyone had the same opportunities to earn, and as a result the 1000 TPE elite standard will carry over into this scale.

Here's what to keep in mind:

1. Goalies have less attributes to upgrade than players, naturally this would call for a steeper scale.

2. SimonT claims HS, RT and SC are the only primary attributes, and looking at HoF goalies that seems to hold true.

3. Not all secondary attributes are created equal, even SimonT addresses this with some attributes having no labels at all.

This makes making a goalie scale, somewhat of a delicate practice. We have to make some judgement calls on a lot of attributes to avoid making things too convoluted. So for our Primary Attributes, let's take HS, RT and SC like Simon says (haha nice) and tie RB in as well. That leaves SK, SZ, AG, PC, PS and LD as Secondary Attributes. Due to the Primary/Secondary Attribute split being 40/60 rather than 50/50 like it was for players, we are going to adapt our TPA ratio slightly as well. Just throwing what I'd deem a reasonable split, let's go 700 on Primaries and 300 on Secondaries. Before you throw your hands up and yell at me for the primary scale, remember goalies have four Primaries to a regular skaters six

TPA: 30 // Spent TPE: 0 // Cost per Level: 0
TPA: 50 // Spent TPE: 20 // Cost per Level: 1

TPA: 60 // Spent TPE: 40 // Cost Per Level: 2

TPA: 70 // Spent TPE: 80 // Cost Per Level: 4

TPA: 75 // Spent TPE: 105 // Cost per Level: 5

TPA: 80 // Spent TPE: 140 // Cost per Level: 7

TPA: 85 // Spent TPE: 185 // Cost per Level: 9

TPA: 90 // Spent TPE: 245 // Cost per Level: 12

TPA: 95 // Spent TPE: 320 // Cost per Level: 15

TPA: 99 // Spent TPE: 416 // Cost per Level: 24

The scale starts roughly the same as the player scale, allowing for rapid early development but quickly hits a wall, with over half of total TPE costs coming in at 85+ TPA. Not unlike the player scale it forces a goalie to be proficient in 1 or 2 primaries while your others take the toll. Using 700 TPE you could get 2 90s and 2 75s, or push some attributes further while losing others. This will force goalies to diversify, opting to build HS/RT going for a fast, raw style vs SC/HS for a very flashy, controlled netminder. RB likely won't get built into the 90s, but its importance to the sim relative to the other Secondaries makes it important that it stays in this category. So with Primaries settled, we can move on to Secondaries.

TPA: 30 // Spent TPE: 0 // Cost per Level: 0

TPA: 60 // Spent TPE: 30 // Cost per Level: 1

TPA: 70 // Spent TPE: 50 // Cost per Level: 2

TPA: 80 // Spent TPE: 90 // Cost per Level: 4

TPA: 85 // Spent TPE: 115 // Cost per Level: 5

TPA: 90 // Spent TPE: 150 // Cost per Level: 7

TPA: 95 // Spent TPE: 200 // Cost per Level: 10

TPA: 99 // Spent TPE: 260 // Cost per Level: 15

A little more aggressive than the player Secondary scale but not by much. The amount of Secondaries are equal to those in the skaters but the reduced total of attributes required some amount of combating. You could get all six to a flat 70 should you spend 300 TPE, but odds are players will specialize. Let's say you dock LD, PC and SK, now you have ~82 in AG, SZ and PS. Same principles as the players just scaled for a different model. And in true disrespectful fashion, I will take Rhett DeGrath (sorry @STZ) and mold him to the new scale.

Rhett DeGrath - 1286 TPE -1003 TPA

SK   SZ   AG   RB   SC   HS   RT   PC   PS   EX   LD

60   70   90    80   60   90   95   50   30   30   38

Staying (somewhat) true to form, DeGrath keeps his high AG build which should focus on HS and RT, and as such RT reaches a 95 while HS hits 90. This build puts DeGrath at 3 Primaries 80+, 2 of which are 90+ and 1 Secondary at 90. I honestly think this scale in particular may be a little too harsh, and could do with a little scaling back, but this is more a framework while the I stand by the player scale. Anyways, here's my pitch on the goalie front, have a flame war down below.

960 Words

30 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Agreed we need to increase the scales. We are looking into it.

I had a couple people say the same but I already labelled the first one part one so I needed to finish it lol, plus I have claims for like 6 weeks in VHL.com now

Just now, ColeMrtz said:

I had a couple people say the same but I already labelled the first one part one so I needed to finish it lol, plus I have claims for like 6 weeks in VHL.com now

You can't multi-claim a VHL.com article though.

1 hour ago, STZ said:

Why in the fuck are all these new guys picking on my old players

Yesterday I took a shot at Zhields, now Cole takes a shot at DeGrath. 

Tomorrow I'm making @Berocka write about why Unassisted sucked.

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Yesterday I took a shot at Zhields, now Cole takes a shot at DeGrath. 

Tomorrow I'm making @Berocka write about why Unassisted sucked.

you three put all your players up against mine and let’s sim it out. I’ll let you guys each bring your favorite VHL Player of all time as well ?

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, STZ said:

Why in the fuck are all these new guys picking on my old players

These youngin’s got no respect!

Also considering most people here fall under Millennials or Gen Z (with a few exceptions) I feel like we need VHL specific generation names.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Also considering most people here fall under Millennials or Gen Z (with a few exceptions) I feel like we need VHL specific generation names.

Good idea then we dont have @Dilcalling 25 year olds boomers

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

*inhales*

OK BOOMER